IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I'm stuck on, too. As much as I don't want to see any innocent person's life ruined over gossip and a perceived witch hunt, I can't buy into a conspiracy or LE scapegoat at this time.

Why were they quick to tell people not to bother others who were searched and why were only a few (3?) Of the dozen search warrants' details publicized? What would LE's motive be to make comments regarding attempting to clear him or move him higher up as a suspect than previously thought when they were quick to dismiss a connection to residents of the other homes immediately?

I can't help but wonder if they do know who BG is (not saying it is RL) and they knew exactly what they've been looking for at those other homes, which didn't necessarily include one of the homeowners or residents. JMO.

I don't know who BG is but I do hope LE's silence the last couple wks in regards to seeking more tips from the public is an indication that they do. Whether RL is involved or not is not as important as finding who is involved. I don't hope one way or another what type of profile BG and any other perp (s) have - young, middle age, elderly, local, drifter, etc - I just hope that whoever it is, is held responsible and justice is served. JMO.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

BBM :bump:

I watched it. The most interesting part of the interview to me was at the end when Ashleigh Banfield asked RL's attorney if the attorney knows where RL's son and grandson are and the attorney said he did not know and wouldn't tell her even if he did.

Thank You!!

<modsnip> People want so badly to convict someone of this crime that they will see anything and anyone as being BG. That's why so many innocent people get thrown in jail. That does way more harm than good. We don't have much info to go on, but labeling anyone who might look like RL or BG isn't gonna go anywhere. I've yet to see a picture that could link RL or BG to the crime.

I am in total agreement with all of what you said. I am from the West Lafayette area, and I have read from a few sources that LE is using the investigation of these murders as a pretext to arrest people on unrelated charges. As a member of this community, I find that to be highly infuriating. We need to find whoever killed those girls, not lock away some old man for drinking a beer. Either LE knows who did it, and are watching them, or they have no idea.

If they are watching someone, I am wondering what the hold up is. Delphi is a small town, and somebody had to have saw something. If LE truly doesn't know who did it, then they darn well had better find out. If people are afraid to talk because these cops are thinking in a predatory manner, then they will never find out who did this crime.

The community here is already looking over their shoulders, and the last thing we need is to have everyone snitching on everyone. If the tips are related to the case, that is one thing, but most of these warrants don't seem to be related to this case. Probably neighbors holding a grudge. We definitely don't need a Salem-like atmosphere in this community. Just my opinion..

Thanks for your perspective. Interesting to hear that.

For the love of God everyone, the bridge is 60 feet high! Go look out your front door at the neighbors car parked 60 feet away. At 60 feet you could read the license plate!! If you're having to circle and draw arrows pointing at a car, you'd better be standing on the Empire State Building. Not standing 60 feet away!!

I agree. And the "wheels" are placed much to close to each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been wondering from the beginning of this case why the girls did not just run if they thought they were being followed over the bridge and felt threatened (instead of stopping and taking a photo). The BG looks older and people have commented he has bowed legs and a possible limp so the fact that he caught up with the girls indicates that he was probably younger, more mobile and fitter than RL?

LE has not told the public. The immediate family was informed.

Is there a link to confirm that their immediate families were informed about COD? Or are you thinking this is standard procedure? I was wondering about this. Tia.

I think the limp people are talking about is simply the fact that he has to walk over some wide gaps in the bridge ties. I think this is a case of people looking to much into things.

I have been wondering from the beginning of this case why the girls did not just run if they thought they were being followed over the bridge and felt threatened (instead of stopping and taking a photo). The BG looks older and people have commented he has bowed legs and a possible limp so the fact that he caught up with the girls indicates that he was probably younger, more mobile and fitter than RL?

Personally I don't think Libby was spooked until he was right upon Abby.

I have always thought that perhaps Libby was up ahead quite a distance . When he got close to Abby and he "had her" Libby still didn't know exactly what was going on .. but she thought it weird that some guy was right behind Abby.

So she snapped the photo from a distance. Thus the grainy image.

I've always thought that you could see Abby's jacket in some BG photos.

Libby then waited for them because no way, no how was she leaving her friend.

Personally I don't think Libby was spooked until he was right upon Abby.

I have always thought that perhaps Libby was up ahead quite a distance . When he got close to Abby and he "had her" Libby still didn't know exactly what was going on .. but she thought it weird that some guy was right behind Abby.

So she snapped the photo from a distance. Thus the grainy image.

I've always thought that you could see Abby's jacket in some BG photos.

Libby then waited for them because no way, no how was she leaving her friend.

ETA: this breaks my heart ^^^^^^^^

Let's not completely devalue "slips of the tongue"in any investigation. See below....from Psychology Today article.

"Deception
shows up in other often-overlooked stylistic stuff of speech—if you know what to look for. Jack Schafer does. The former FBI special agent homes in on words such as then, so, after, when, as, while, and next—so-called text bridges—because they span information gaps. And that, finds Schafer, is precisely where much can be found.

"Most liars tell the truth up to the point where they want to conceal something, skip over the withheld information, and then tell the truth again," he says. Text bridges help by allowing speakers to omit information they'd like to conceal. To the trained ear, the same words serve as markers to locate withheld information."

Interesting.

I'm thinking BG had a gun pointed at them......not sure how close he was when the photo was taken........but a gun......yeah....."-----> ... down the hill".
i.e.......out of sight.

I think so too. Pointed a gun at them, probably tied them up with zip ties or rope and told them to go down the hill. Might have even forced them to walk across the creek.

I wonder if the tropical fish were used as a lure to get the girls either on the property or in a vehicle. Personally, I do not think RL is BG, but I am curious about the fish. I don't have a developed theory in the slightest, but am curious if the girls had an interest in tropical fish, if RL has a tank, etc.

Just wondering about that detail in the case, but it could be a red herring...

jmo

SBM: I see what you did there. herring. ha!

(Baha that flew over my head.)

Finally about to crash for the day. Here's what I took from today's threads and my own sleuthing:

- I believe there is a killer and an accessory, and it is possible that RL is the accessory (IMO not by his choice).
- BG looks exactly like a younger RL, and although we cannot sleuth family, I imagine we could find a ringer in the mix.
- BG, moo, has intimate knowledge of the entire area, particularly paths from the bridge to RL's property. Our own sleuthers who visited the bridge had difficulty locating it even with GPS directions. I don't think a hiker or transient would have been able to pull it off.
- He needed to act fast once he chose the girls, the weather was nice enough on the 13th to suggest there would be other visitors to the park that afternoon.
- I think BG is local, but he didn't have a lot of choices as far as taking the girls somewhere else. I think he used one of RL's sheds/barns/basement/whatever.
- I half think BG is wearing RL's clothes on the bridge. Dad jeans, baggy jacket that looks too big, etc.
- I am on the fence about the timing of BG putting the girls out in the back of the property. I am leaning towards him keeping them locked up for most of the night. It makes me sick to think about it but I think if he just wanted to kill people, he could have just shot people on the bridge or in a gas station. The fact that he took the girls to a secluded location says to me he had other ideas.
- I feel like RL may have found out unintentionally about what BG was doing and was forced to help him after the fact.
- RL's interview bumblings could either be him trying to get LE's attention or maybe he is trying to divert attention away from himself or anyone around him by coming up with other possibilities.
- I think (and I pray) LE has a good idea who did this but they don't have the evidence they need to convict him/them. Hopefully the search at RL's property over the weekend will help.
- I thought it was very interesting that the prime time lady interviewer asked where RL's son and grandson were (not just where is his family) and even more interesting that the attorney said he didn't know and wouldn't tell even if he did.
- all of this is just my summary of my thoughts today.

:bump: :goodpost:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members