IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO It just doesn't seem realistic that LE would spend so much time and effort searching his property - not to mention his home without a really, really good cause. And knowing full well that this is a really high profile case, with not only the media but people all over the world following and speculating on their (LE's) every move, I would venture to guess that they are being very careful about every move they make and every word they say (or don't say.) This isn't just some small-town police force working on this case, they have State Police, FBI, investigating these murders. I would say LE knows what they are doing, and they wouldn't waste their time on a man that is totally clueless about the murders.

Agreed.

Just some random thoughts in the wee hours of the morning.

Suppose RL has already spilled his guts to LE (another person is BG, but RL has information pertinent to investigation). Suppose LE is gathering everything they can to back up RLs story. Add the time it takes for testing, and the danger it might present to RL if he's released before all their ducks are in a row (and they certainly would not want to alert BG that the cat is completely out of the bag). Then, I think all we have witnessed falls into place. Releasing RL might jeopardize everything (he can't stop talking or drinking, and he may be close to BG).

It takes time to get it right, keep it right and insure that the right person is held accountable. All this is "supposition" and JMO.

P.S. I can't believe I've made 63 posts! This is the first real case I have followed on WS.

How do we know he is a "honorable, hardworking guy"? He has a rap sheet for putting other lives in danger on more than one occasion. Not very honorable, if you ask me.

And I would call this view, if it's what is motivating people to give this guy a benefit that others don't get, completely incorrect and hypocritical. Alcohol use is linked to a lot of violent crime--rape, domestic violence, homicide (vehicular and otherwise). The fact that drunks get the benefit of the doubt is both unfortunate and wrong. I grew up around alcoholics. I spent my teens and very early 20s around users of street drugs. I put drunks right up there with cokeheads and tweakers for violence and shady behavior. Give me a junkie over a drunk any day of the week.

I would also suggest that people know a lot more current or former users of street drugs than they even suspect. I knew college professors, high-achieving college students, LEOs, mechanics, IT professionals, cosmetologists, and many other hardworking and educated people who were spending parts of their days shooting heroin or snorting coke and meth.

I just think these excuses for the kid glove treatment are shaky. They may be the motivation, but that speaks more to the biases people have than the actual behavior of drug users (and drinkers ARE drug users). If you would believe it of a heroin user, you should absolutely believe it of a drinker, as well. And I say all of this as someone who has no problem with people invoking their rights or refusing to talk to the police. I just have a major problem with the kind of biases your post refers to.

I completely agree. The only people I know who get away with this behavior have influence or skate by on other social privilege.
Completely agree with you. Very well said. It is interesting that alleged perps on the other end of the spectrum (race, age, maybe diff substance use, etc) draw much less sympathy with the same amount or less public evidence. I don't see it is intentionally unfair, judgmental, racist, ageist, etc but rather a reflection of our implicit bias and privilege. JMO.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

HLN Primetime Justice did a interview with RL's attorney tonight. Was quizzed about the apparent "two different alibies" from RL given to their station reporters and other reporters. Mr. Achey "could not account for that at this time."

Marking spot to look up transcript if not already posted...still reading.

I just have a strong feeling the girls never walked all the way across this bridge. @ 1.16 into this video you can see locals/teens walking on the bridge and the kids all look very hesitant. They went about as far as the point where Abby's pic was taken, I believe. Would Libby and Abby have been more comfortable? I don't know.

Food for thought: How else would they get to the other side?

[video=youtu;h-2sueSXqys]http://youtu.be/h-2sueSXqys[/video]

I missed 610 posts. Last I was in here, it was last thread and we were finding out that RL was released/wasn't released/was transferred to appear in court/didn't even have court/is in an unknown location until March 29th/might or might not be on house arrest until March 29...

did we ever find out if he was transferred and appeared yeterday versus wasn't transferred and didn't appear yesterday?

I find it hard to believe he was transferred yesterday, triggering the VINE notifications, yet DIDN"T appear and won't until March 29.

TIA for any info anyone can give me on all of this, plus any updates.

I've always read every post in every thread to catch up but today I simply cannot do it, I have too much to do - thanks!

When LE says that "down the hill" is said while criminal activity is taking place, and they've been very tight lipped about that criminal activity. Leads me to believe that they are more interested in making us feel like everything is fine, and safe, and we have nothing to worry about. They seem to be more concerned with making us feel like there's nothing to fear than with finding this guy. Either they have nothing more, or what they have is very disturbing and because it's disturbing, they don't feel like the public can handle it, whether or not, it helps with the conviction of this s.o.b.! Their main priority is to make the public feel like they are safe, even if they are not.

Hi information about the cause of death and crime scene etc are rumours from social media, facebook and blogs no official information has been released by law enforcement or mainstream media. As a result these rumours can't be discussed on websleuths.

ETA: self moderated - removed a quoted post that may have been not based on MSM.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

If things are going the direction of RL being implicated or associated by fault or no fault of his own, imagine the defense would have a field day with him being a drinker. SIGH

When LE says that "down the hill" is said while criminal activity is taking place, and they've been very tight lipped about that criminal activity. Leads me to believe that they are more interested in making us feel like everything is fine, and safe, and we have nothing to worry about. They seem to be more concerned with making us feel like there's nothing to fear than with finding this guy. Either they have nothing more, or what they have is very disturbing and because it's disturbing, they don't feel like the public can handle it, whether or not, it helps with the conviction of this s.o.b.! Their main priority is to make the public feel like they are safe, even if they are not.
I agree they have been tight lipped. I've attributed that, optimistically, as they know what they are doing and are working to build a solid case for prosecution. It is much more important that they build a solid case than release info to appease the public. Jmo.

Sorry if this has been discussed but if BG is RL, then
why was he on the other side of the bridge when he followed the 2 girls across? That is a long way from his home. And how did he get there? That is a long way to travel on foot.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

For the love of God everyone, the bridge is 60 feet high! Go look out your front door at the neighbors car parked 60 feet away. At 60 feet you could read the license plate!! If you're having to circle and draw arrows pointing at a car, you'd better be standing on the Empire State Building. Not standing 60 feet away!!

Agreed. To put this in perspective: Top of the Rock, the observation deck on the 70th floor of Rockefeller Center is 850 feet high. This is the view from up there, and you can clearly make out cars:

2mgjz8g.jpg

I missed 610 posts. Last I was in here, it was last thread and we were finding out that RL was released/wasn't released/was transferred to appear in court/didn't even have court/is in an unknown location until March 29th/might or might not be on house arrest until March 29...

did we ever find out if he was transferred and appeared yeterday versus wasn't transferred and didn't appear yesterday?

I find it hard to believe he was transferred yesterday, triggering the VINE notifications, yet DIDN"T appear and won't until March 29.

I've always read every post in every thread to catch up but today I simply cannot do it, I have too much to do - thanks!
He is back in carroll county jail and the hearing has been postponed to an unknown date afaik. HLN covered the case yesterday and had a sgt and RL's attorney on. The attorney was asked about the conflicting alibis and he did not provide any info and was asked on the whereabouts of RL's son and grandson and he said he did not know and wouldn't tell if he did. LE said they expect 3 or more weeks before getting results back from evidence obtained in the SW. I'm sorryI don't have links but they have been posted. Hth

He is back in carroll county jail and the hearing has been postponed to an unknown date afaik. HLN covered the case yesterday and has a sgt and RL's attorney on. The attorney was asked about the conflicting alibis and he did not provide any info and was asked on the whereabouts of RL's son and grandson and he said he did not know and wouldn't tell if he did. LE said they expect 3 or more weeks before getting results back from evidence obtained in the SW. I'm sorryI don't have links but they have been posted. Hth

thank you very much! :)

Tom Powell - Fort Wayne's NBC

· 14 hrs ·

UPDATE: Ron Logan had an Evidentiary Hearing scheduled today on his Probation Violation Charge. I'm told it's been continued. His attorney tells me he remains in custody. You'll remember police searched Logan's property in Delphi Friday. It's the same property where two Delphi teens were found murdered. I asked police for an update on the search. I'm told they were there from 9:30 AM Friday until 11PM Friday. Investigators are still going over what they found. Logan has NOT been charged in connection to the deaths of the two girls. He remains in custody on the unrelated probation violation charge. They are still working on rescheduling the Evidentiary Hearing."

GGE, I know you have seen this but I think this is the latest and only info we have. I hope someone else has more? Honestly I stopped reading last night as it seemed mostly rehashing the same stuff to me. If there had been some blockbusting news, I think we would all be yammering away like madmen.
:waiting::waiting::waiting::waiting: :gaah:

Tom Powell - Fort Wayne's NBC

· 14 hrs ·

UPDATE: Ron Logan had an Evidentiary Hearing scheduled today on his Probation Violation Charge. I'm told it's been continued. His attorney tells me he remains in custody. You'll remember police searched Logan's property in Delphi Friday. It's the same property where two Delphi teens were found murdered. I asked police for an update on the search. I'm told they were there from 9:30 AM Friday until 11PM Friday. Investigators are still going over what they found. Logan has NOT been charged in connection to the deaths of the two girls. He remains in custody on the unrelated probation violation charge. They are still working on rescheduling the Evidentiary Hearing."

GGE, I know you have seen this but I think this is the latest and only info we have. I hope someone else has more? Honestly I stopped reading last night as it seemed mostly rehashing the same stuff to me. If there had been some blockbusting news, I think we would all be yammering away like madmen.
:waiting::waiting::waiting::waiting: :gaah:

Thank you very much! I'd rather toss around the same old ideas than toss around hurtful rumors a month old that everyone has already seen by now and discarded anyway while flaunting my disdain towards LE as well as the rules that I probably never even freaking READ ("not directed at anyone in particular" and certainly not at you!), so I appreciate you giving me the opportunity to do so.

Personally I don't think Libby was spooked until he was right upon Abby.

I have always thought that perhaps Libby was up ahead quite a distance . When he got close to Abby and he "had her" Libby still didn't know exactly what was going on .. but she thought it weird that some guy was right behind Abby.

So she snapped the photo from a distance. Thus the grainy image.

I've always thought that you could see Abby's jacket in some BG photos.

Libby then waited for them because no way, no how was she leaving her friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Libby was a bit ahead taking the other pics..
Dear god..I think this theory makes the most sense 😢
There is something in the corner of the pic. Would also explain why its not very clear and why Libby took the photo..how he didnt know she took it (too focused on Abby) and how she was able to hide her phone in her pocket. No more can be released as this is the moment he pulĺed out a weapon imo and told them to get down the hill. Anything from that point on would no doubt be traumatizing imo.
So very sad .
244c6d620278cdac9af2ba8137551964.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Not sure if this has been posted all ready. Good analytical map on YT.

[video=youtube;_TFz4citG68]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TFz4citG68[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member