IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't think it's right to say these sorts of things online about this guy who none of us know. LE has not ruled him in or out so as far as I am concerned it's in extremely poor taste.

I can appreciate your thoughts on this. However, the fact of the matter is that we have been given the go ahead from the owner of websleuths to sleuth RL. Part of sluething is theorizing about the who, what, when, where, and why. He is has been placed in custody (for an unrelated offense) and there has been a probable cause search warrant issued and enforced by LE on his property as well as seizing an automobile belonging to him. LE initially stated he had nothing to do with these murders and now they have backtracked on that. LE has not excluded him as being BG. He initially was cooperative, and now he is not cooperating. There are plenty of theories on all sides as to why all of these things have occurred and as of this moment, its all just speculation. Only LE knows why they are proceeding the way that they are. I would urge you to try and put your emotions aside and see things from all perspectives and keep an open mind about RLs involvement (or lack thereof) until irrefutable evidence is disclosed one way or the other.

Sound like a broken record but the BG is not sitting in jail....... RL is fighting his own personal demons for whatever reason that is not connected to the case....LE needs to find him before more girls are killed !

OT - if I were a moderator than any post that began with "OT" would automatically be deleted. Readers are here to read about a specific topic. [emoji50]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like to see what he knows as well. But his choice to stop talking to police is his right. I would do the same. It's easy for us to say we would be an open book since we are not in his position. The girls were found On his property. Not a good look. Any good lawyer would advise their client to remain silent. Innocent people end up in jail all the time. There is a lot of pressure for LE to solve this case. RL has a troubled past judging by his rap sheet. Those are just the times law enforcement caught him doing something wrong. It's safe to assume he wasn't caught every time he got behind the wheel intoxicated. With all that being said. The crimes he has been convicted of do not make him a murderer. And if he is in fact an alcoholic, that doesn't make him a murderer either. It is his RIGHT to remain silent. Obviously we all want answers and justice for these young ladies. I for one do not think RL is BG. he may know something, and if he does, I hope to God it comes out.

I disagree. There are ways to use to a lawyer to answer questions while protecting yourself. Especially in a heinous case like this. There is a killer potentially out there.

Doesnt mean he is involved but, to me, it's a red flag.

I don't think there is enough evidence that he is BG but I also disagree that makes him irrelevant. Say he is covering for someone before or after the fact?

I had a thought, not sure if this was mentioned, so many posts,
IF RL is covering for someone, maybe he didn't know about that person(s)
' involvement at their time when he conducted his initial interviews with the media? In other words, he could have figured it out or learned later?

And yet you're here and reading. No snark intended, simple curiosity.

No one here who has expressed their opinion based on what is publicly known about RL will bear any responsibility if RL is charged for these crimes. I think it's fair to assume the police are looking at him very closely based on evidence and not opinions on an Internet forum.

How would I know what posters are saying about him if I didn't first read the posts? LMAO

Also, you completely missed my point. I absolutely am not stupid enough to believe that someone would be charged for some speculations other people made about them online. Uhhh, who would ever think that?

I do however think that some of the things being said about him could cause irreparable damage to his reputation in the future, and could cause a lot of heart ache for his family.

JMO, if RL is guilty, he would have committed murders before in the past. Committing your first murder out of an alcoholic rage (over what? we don't know) at 77 years old seems like a stretch, IMO. I think members from the community would be coming forward and saying RL has had anger issues in the past, history of DM, etc. JMO.

I just feel like this thread is turning into debating what is and isn't an alcoholic, and also bashing alcoholics, people with serious issues that need help. Maybe I'm just sensitive to this issue.

JMO but I think the reason we are debating his alcoholism is because drunk driving seems to be the reason why he has landed himself in jail and is relevant to the case only because there is speculation that his probation violation is the reason he lied about his alibi. The problem for him isn't so much the violation itself ( many drunk drivers are repeat offenders) but the fact that it caused him to lie about where he was at the time 2 young girls were being abducted and were later found dead on his property... that is his predicament.

The SW for his property executed on 3/17 is sealed, so there is no way to know why the judge felt there was probable cause. JMO but I think they had a good reason, don't think as some do that the case is cold and they were bored so why the hell not search his house. It is also JMO that they are looking for the killer's DNA inside his house. JMO but I think LE suspects he might know who BG is and LE probably wants BG to know they are putting the heat on RL...IF BG (that's a big if and I really have no idea) actually was inside RL's home ( by break in or invitation) then LE will find out... 77 year old men aren't best known for their house keeping and all it takes is one single solitary hair....

I don't think that RL thinks he will be charged with murder...or he is hopeful.

He hasn't hired one of the big guns in Indianapolis to represent him. We have some world class attorneys here.

I'm not knocking his attorney, I am sure he is extremely talented and knowledgeable (I don't need a lawsuit lol) but I would be putting together a dream team .

If he's charged that may change. Until then it might be too costly to put together a dream team. According to the court records this guy had a foreclosure. I doubt he has the funds for that. But if he does get charged at some point, more attorneys might be eager to take the case even without a ton of funds because it's great publicity to defend a high profile case and even big shot attorneys maintain their firms via publicity.

JMO, but the BG had pure luck when committing this heinous crime by picking a property not knowing that RL had his own issues which is taking away the actual solving of this case. BG committed a crime in broad daylight in a hiking recreational area that is not so isolated. Will he strike again? He will probably will.......

JMO but I think the reason we are debating his alcoholism is because drunk driving seems to be the reason why he has landed himself in jail and is relevant to the case only because there is speculation that his probation violation is the reason he lied about his alibi. The problem for him isn't so much the violation itself ( many drunk drivers are repeat offenders) but the fact that it caused him to lie about where he was at the time 2 young girls were being abducted and were later found dead on his property... that is his predicament.

The SW for his property executed on 3/17 is sealed, so there is no way to know why the judge felt there was probable cause. JMO but I think they had a good reason, don't think as some do that the case is cold and they were bored so why the hell not search his house. It is also JMO that they are looking for the killer's DNA inside his house. JMO but I think LE suspects he might know who BG is and LE probably wants BG to know they are putting the heat on RL...IF BG (that's a big if and I really have no idea) actually was inside RL's home ( by break in or invitation) then LE will find out... 77 year old men aren't best known for their house keeping and all it takes is one single solitary hair....

I totally understand the relation of lying about his alibi in terms of his consumption of alcohol and past violations. However, I don't think arguing whether he is or isn't an alcoholic is really going to get us any closer to knowing if he's responsible. JMO.

JMO, but the BG had pure luck when committing this heinous crime by picking a property not knowing that RL had his own issues which is taking away the actual solving of this case. BG committed a crime in broad daylight in a hiking recreational area that is not so isolated. Will he strike again? He will probably will.......

No snark intended but then BG should be buying lottery tickets not committing murder.... He just happens to pick a trail on a day when kids are out of school and then finds two young girls in the woods that day alone, then he just happens to pick a property that is owned by someone with a wrap sheet who is breaking the conditions of his probation, which then takes the spotlight off of BG and puts it on RL, not to mention over a month later no one can identify either his two pictures or his voice... So either BG is super lucky or it was planned? Im going with planned :)

No snark intended but then BG should be buying lottery tickets not committing murder.... He just happens to pick a trail on a day when kids are out of school and then finds two young girls in the woods that day alone, then he just happens to pick a property that is owned by someone with a wrap sheet who is breaking the conditions of his parole, which then takes the spotlight off of BG and puts it on RL, not to mention over a month later no one can identify either his two pictures or his voice... So either BG is super lucky or it was planned? Im going with planned :)

PROBATION...not parole

How would I know what posters are saying about him if I didn't first read the posts? LMAO

Also, you completely missed my point. I absolutely am not stupid enough to believe that someone would be charged for some speculations other people made about them online. Uhhh, who would ever think that?

I do however think that some of the things being said about him could cause irreparable damage to his reputation in the future, and could cause a lot of heart ache for his family.
Yes it would be horrible to have everyone look at your public court records. Most people do not think to Google people's records and so many of his town folk /friends may have not known until now. One could argue that he should have made better decisions.. drink driving can kill. Only the other day in the news a mum /mom of three pushing a pushchair outside a store was mown over and killed by a drunk driver. So many deaths every year. It is not o k. Does not mean he deserves to be a public murder . suspect if he is innocent though. I have no idea about his involvement . So even though I have been discussing his record etc....it is not to say I do not have compassion if he were to be innocent and not involved in any way..such as obstructing justice etc. .....dis any of that make sense. Sorry if my post does not .please be nice ;)

So many excellent points and theories. I keep waffling, but my expertise lies in a particular subset of white collar crime so what do I know about murder. So confusing to me is the motive. Guess we'll have to wait & see if this crime is ever solved and I hope it is.

Forget this: :fence: I want a new emoji - a swing. Just sayin'

I'm back after being booted off the FB page. What a joke that page is. Nothing but BS and speculation and I called out someone for spreading gossip and got banned. My sister got booted off too lol.

So...this property owner is clearly older than the suspect in the pic. He is not actually a POI is he? I cannot believe they have no arrest. I assume they have no DNA then otherwise they would have said something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dylanfoxx