IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How would I know what posters are saying about him if I didn't first read the posts? LMAO

Also, you completely missed my point. I absolutely am not stupid enough to believe that someone would be charged for some speculations other people made about them online. Uhhh, who would ever think that?

I do however think that some of the things being said about him could cause irreparable damage to his reputation in the future, and could cause a lot of heart ache for his family.

With all due respect, if he is ever charged for the double murder of two young girls, his reputation on the Internet won't matter. You can't stop people from thinking what they think or expressing those thoughts. There are pretty stringent rules here for what is and isn't allowed. I've noticed the mods are right on top of it and either excise the offending comments or delete them in their entirety.

Technically that's what everyone is doing, though. People that swear his innocence are also basing their opinions on suppositions and not facts. "He's too old" "He's a nice old man" "He's not an alcoholic" "He wouldn't do this" "He doesn't look anything like the picture" "I would swear he would never have done this" when in fact NONE of us know him (That I know of, anyway) and everything we do or say here is based on nothing but personal opinions based on our own personal experiences and conjecture. None of us have the full picture with all of the facts so we're just trying to piece the thing together the best we can. Doesn't mean anyone's right or wrong, but it's certainly not up to us to judge each other on our opinions or life experiences.

I can only speak for myself, and I haven't personally said he is innocent for I have no way of knowing if he is innocent or guilty..

What I have said, and I have had the same point of view in many cases in the past where there wasn't an arrest yet and that is... "I" prefer to wait for the confirmation of guilt to come directly from LE before I accuse anyone of any criminal involvement. Or if LE comes out and states that someone they name is a suspect or a POI.

I realize that is just how I assess these unsolved cases and know others do and see it quite differently which is certainly their entitled right to do so as long as it doesn't violate TOS.

If it becomes known directly from LE stating RL is involved in any manner then I know I have plenty of time to state my opinion once that comes to pass and if it does happen I will have plenty to say that will not be kind nor sympathetic.:mad:

I do not believe the BG is RL, and yes, that is only an opinion for I have no way of verifying it one way or the other.

But for me as of now, I will not accuse him of being involved for I have no proof to support that claim. That is subject to change in a nanosecond should LE come out and say he is a suspect and they have evidence of his involvement.

This is only the way I look at these cases for I have seen countless times over the years that those who were accused before an arrest was made turned out to have no involvement at all. So that is why I always wait for the evidence of guilt to come for LE.

Hopefully we will learn something definitive from LE and very soon.

JMO though

JMO, but the BG had pure luck when committing this heinous crime by picking a property not knowing that RL had his own issues which is taking away the actual solving of this case. BG committed a crime in broad daylight in a hiking recreational area that is not so isolated. Will he strike again? He will probably will.......

What are you basing that on? Do you think the FBI doesn't know what it's doing and is going on a wild goose chase because of RL's criminal history, which appears unrelated to murder and sexual assault? What do you think the probable cause was, that a judge signed off on?

I don't know if this man is involved. I do know that good detective work involves looking at a host of people and possibilities. That's how cases are actually solved. Much of it by elimination. If they have probable cause to search it would be insane not to. Regardless, we have no idea where there focus is. It may be primarily on RL. Or it may be due to info they have. Or on someone else. We don't have their information. It's quite an assumption to say LE is not doing its job because they're focused on the wrong guy. That assumes a hell of a lot of facts we just don't know.

If he's charged that may change. Until then it might be too costly to put together a dream team. According to the court records this guy had a foreclosure. I doubt he has the funds for that. But if he does get charged at some point, more attorneys might be eager to take the case even without a ton of funds because it's great publicity to defend a high profile case and even big shot attorneys maintain their firms via publicity.

I just had some of the same thoughts this morning.

I also wonder when the made for TV movie will be started. I'm not sure why some crimes interest so many and others of equally horrific circumstances don't.

JMO but I think the reason we are debating his alcoholism is because drunk driving seems to be the reason why he has landed himself in jail and is relevant to the case only because there is speculation that his probation violation is the reason he lied about his alibi. The problem for him isn't so much the violation itself ( many drunk drivers are repeat offenders) but the fact that it caused him to lie about where he was at the time 2 young girls were being abducted and were later found dead on his property... that is his predicament.

The SW for his property executed on 3/17 is sealed, so there is no way to know why the judge felt there was probable cause. JMO but I think they had a good reason, don't think as some do that the case is cold and they were bored so why the hell not search his house. It is also JMO that they are looking for the killer's DNA inside his house. JMO but I think LE suspects he might know who BG is and LE probably wants BG to know they are putting the heat on RL...IF BG (that's a big if and I really have no idea) actually was inside RL's home ( by break in or invitation) then LE will find out... 77 year old men aren't best known for their house keeping and all it takes is one single solitary hair....

:loveyou: :cheers: :tyou: I completely agree with this.

No snark intended but then BG should be buying lottery tickets not committing murder.... He just happens to pick a trail on a day when kids are out of school and then finds two young girls in the woods that day alone, then he just happens to pick a property that is owned by someone with a wrap sheet who is breaking the conditions of his probation, which then takes the spotlight off of BG and puts it on RL, not to mention over a month later no one can identify either his two pictures or his voice... So either BG is super lucky or it was planned? Im going with planned :)

Not planned.
He was there so we're they.
I do not think there is dNA

Would you change your mind if it was all positive?

Depends on the situation. More likely to believe a positive comment about an ex but if the person was depending on the ex with finances or other stuff then it may be questionable.

I disagree. There are ways to use to a lawyer to answer questions while protecting yourself. Especially in a heinous case like this. There is a killer potentially out there.

Doesnt mean he is involved but, to me, it's a red flag.

I don't think there is enough evidence that he is BG but I also disagree that makes him irrelevant. Say he is covering for someone before or after the fact?

I am in no way saying he is irrelevant. I think there is definitely a chance that he may be covering for someone before or after the fact. Another thing that crossed my mind is maybe he has been talking, but police don't want BG to feel like he is about to be revealed. They have been pretty tight lipped about this entire investigation. Could be one of their tactics. Just a thought.

As far as answering questions through his lawyer, that would make more sense to me. I would hope that he would. Again, I'm not so sure he is actually staying quiet. Only time will tell. If he is in fact not even answering questions even through his lawyer, I would would agree that it's a red flag as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are the fbi still involved? I thought they left but would come back should need be. Jmo

It was mentioned in some posts that BG must be an older man because the photo seems to show him wearing "Dad" jeans & that a younger person would not wear those. Not true. I've seen many younger men wear "Dad" jeans. They're usually overweight & dress in frumpy clothes. So, it is possible that BG is a young man.

It was mentioned in some posts that BG must be an older man because the photo seems to show him wearing "Dad" jeans & that a younger person would not wear those. Not true. I've seen many younger men wear "Dad" jeans. They're usually overweight & dress in frumpy clothes. So, it is possible that BG is a young man.

Yesterday there was an interview with one of the police officers involved. He used the term "middle-aged" to describe BG. I'll try to find the link.

I don't think RL is involved in any way, shape, or form. I think LE has few if any real solid leads so they are eliminating the first most highly visible potential suspect first.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
Except for the probable cause SW.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Question..has LE came out and specifically said RL lied about his alibi? TIA

Agreed. What would be his motive? I understand that other users believe alcohol could have put him into a rage. Over what though? What would make him so angry that he kills two teenage girls? Having a hard time coming up with a reason. JMO.

I personally dont think Rl is not the guy(moo).. but rage is a funny thing because it can make you act completely irrational even at the slightest thing. (I know this from experience/non-alcoholic rage)
I know that LE have not release COD but if it was rage it would have shown in the appearance of the bodies (sorry to be so crass. I hate talking about the girls like this) A crime conducted in rage surely has different MO than something that is very carefully planned out. I could be wrong. I am sure someone will advise if I am.
IF.. and we don't know 100% that BG is the guy on the audio.. he didnt look like he was in a rage on the bridge, Or on the audio either. In fact the many posts I have read lead me to believe whoever did this planned it, in such a way to avoid being spotted. For me rage means losing control. And this guy , whoever he is apparently had all the control in the world.
All moo.

I personally dont think Rl is not the guy(moo).. but rage is a funny thing because it can make you act completely irrational even at the slightest thing. (I know this from experience/non-alcoholic rage)
I know that LE have not release COD but if it was rage it would have shown in the appearance of the bodies (sorry to be so crass. I hate talking about the girls like this) A crime conducted in rage surely has different MO than something that is very carefully planned out. I could be wrong. I am sure someone will advise if I am.
IF.. and we don't know 100% that BG is the guy on the audio.. he didnt look like he was in a rage on the bridge, in fact the many posts i have read lead me to believe whoever did this planned it, in such a way to avoid being spotted. For me rage means losing control. And this guy , whoever he is apparent had all the control in the world.
All moo.

I agree with that. Even though the sound clip we've heard is tiny, I hear no rage in it. IMO, if RL was in an alcoholic rage, I don't think the "down the hill" voice clip would sound like it does. Seems like he would be angry from the start, based on what others are speculating.

I also think that someone from the community by now would have commented on RL having a rage problem if it existed. No one on the super unreliable social media pages dedicated to this case have said anything in terms of him having an anger problem, JMO. That kind of thing would spread like wildfire.

How would I know what posters are saying about him if I didn't first read the posts? LMAO

Also, you completely missed my point. I absolutely am not stupid enough to believe that someone would be charged for some speculations other people made about them online. Uhhh, who would ever think that?

I do however think that some of the things being said about him could cause irreparable damage to his reputation in the future, and could cause a lot of heart ache for his family.

ITA IF he is innocent in all of this his life is more than likely been ruined. Even if he isnt arrested and charged with anything there may be those who still believe he had some kind of involvement.

I remember Mark Lunsford talking with Nancy Grace after his precious daughter was kidnapped, raped and murdered by pedophile, John Couey. He said losing his daughter was the worst thing that had ever happened to him but what hurt him also were the 24/7 false accusations against him and his parents that were posted on the internet by those who didn't even know any of them.:(

Like Tricia says 'words have power' and they are always there on the internet for everyone to see.

IMO

That nagging common sense just keeps popping up. If you are in a "rage", you shove someone off a bridge. You don't walk someone however far they walked, to do them in. Hence the saying "walk it off". [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members