IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was discussed before and I asked for verification and didn't get it. Can you provide a link or quote from RL stating that people have worn a path? Yesterday it was said that people cut through his property creating a path. I have not seen any verification of this and while it may be a small point, I think it is important to know the true answer as some are speculating that RL was fed up with trespassers and are using that as a theory towards the girls.
TIA
This information came from Nin's map and comment. Nin said the information about the path in videos. I'll look.

attachment.php
This is the type of hat I believe BG is wearing in the photo

Attachments

• drivingcap.jpg
    drivingcap.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 733
This information came from Nin's map and comment. Nin said the information about the path in videos. I'll look.

Thanks. I'm not disputing that the paths may be worn but I do think it's important to note 100% why.

I see. Thank you.

But the public trails and bridge are not on his property, right?

I wonder if the paths on RL's property are worn from fishing. Perhaps.

FWIW, I'm an OLD avid hiker. Upstate NY, Catskills and many very large State Parks. I also have a rail trail here, it's great.
I admit after reading this thread, our rail trail is no longer safe. I have gone there alone walking and biking.

All trails get worn down IMO. By walking and even by deer tracks. It doesn't take much.
Yes fisherman use the trails also. My big Bro is an avid fisherman and knows every Mt. trail in his neck of the woods.

2 more cents.

just yell at them..kids do what grownups tell em too...mostly.
and why go to buy fish when you can catch them for free?

umm, because there aren't tropical fish in the streams of Indiana.

A bit O/T, but for all of you who have followed other cases on WS: I assume 36 threads before things go off the rails and turn into Lord of the Flies is pretty good, right? :laughing:

Hi, I have been out all day, so I'm not sure if the transcript from last night's show on HLN has been posted. My apologies if it has:

BANFIELD: So can I ask you, did Mr. Logan give you an alibi or tell you where he was at the time those girls disappeared and ultimately found dead?

RILEY: Well, I can`t really go into that because it could compromise the investigation at this point in time still.

[20:25:02]BANFIELD: OK. I understand that. I want to play for you what he told us, though, about what appeared to be an alibi. Look, when you tell a reporter, it`s not officially an alibi because (INAUDIBLE) You`re not really on the record with the law. But it`s interesting nonetheless.

So I want you to listen to Ronald Logan in his interview with us and where he said he was at the time those girls went missing. Here it is.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

LOGAN: It was shortly after they were found. I had been in (INAUDIBLE) and was coming home and I saw all the -- when I went to town (INAUDIBLE) they hadn`t been found yet. When I came home, they had been, and it was -- and then I found out that they were not -- that they were not alive. It was just -- it was horrible. I mean, I don`t know how you -- because (INAUDIBLE) all end well.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

BANFIELD: So Sergeant Riley, he told us he was in Delphi, but he told other reporters that he was in Lafayette. Is that curious to you? They`re not far apart, but they`re far enough part that you`re not typically in both places at exactly the same time.

RILEY: Right (INAUDIBLE) because of the investigation is still going on, I can`t make a comment one way or the other on that.

BANFIELD: Understand. Is it something that you`re going to look into? I`m not sure if we`re the first people to tell you that we`ve had differing alibis, different locations from this particular person, albeit in press reports.

RILEY: Right. And that`s things that the investigators are looking at, they`re talking to him about, I`m sure. But as far as, you know, giving you the exact words that he said, I just can`t go into that at this point in time.

BANFIELD: OK. So can you just tell me, Sergeant Riley, where the evidence is right now that`s being analyzed?

RILEY: Most of it has probably been sent off to our laboratory in Indianapolis, and that stuff will be gone over and looked at, and it`ll all be tested for different things, and we`ll just have to see what happens. And that could take anywhere from four to six weeks on some of it.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1703/20/ptab.01.html

Wonder where some of these rumors originated?

"Online rumors and social media tales about the man's possible involvement in the killings forced Leazenby to transfer the man to another county's jail for his own safety, the sheriff said last week. However, by early this week, the man was back in the Carroll County Jail, Leazenby said."

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/c...jail/99455960/

They originate from SM. It's the new/now thing. Everyone is doing it. Even WS is a form of SM.

I keep hoping one of the attorneys* will follow up to a post with "assumes facts not in evidence".

*I'm looking at you, gitana1 <=====

This was discussed before and I asked for verification and didn't get it. Can you provide a link or quote from RL stating that people have worn a path? Yesterday it was said that people cut through his property creating a path. I have not seen any verification of this and while it may be a small point, I think it is important to know the true answer as some are speculating that RL was fed up with trespassers and are using that as a theory towards the girls.
TIA

I see what you are saying. However, I have two different theories/opinions that perhaps some are thinking regarding property.

1.) Some are acting as if he was angered that people were on the bridge or the public trails. Thus making him snap. But he's been there for 53 years so I would think he's fine since it's not his property.

2.) It's been noted over the years that RL reported trespassers in his barn, etc. So perhaps that also means the worn trails on his very own property as well. I wonder if the trails are there from his kids, etc or people using it to access the creek.

Yellow Rose could you possibly post a pic of suspect side by side w/Abby's pic. Pretty please with butter on top. :)

Oh Lordy Be Elley Mae, it took everything I had to figure out how to put that ONE picture in the post! And you want me to do a side by side? Too funny.....gonna fall outta my chair now.

A bit O/T, but for all of you who have followed other cases on WS: I assume 36 threads before things go off the rails and turn into Lord of the Flies is pretty good, right? :laughing:

That's funny!

Hi, I have been out all day, so I'm not sure if the transcript from last night's show on HLN has been posted. My apologies if it has:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1703/20/ptab.01.html

BANFIELD: So Sergeant Riley, he told us he was in Delphi, but he told other reporters that he was in Lafayette. Is that curious to you? They`re not far apart, but they`re far enough part that you`re not typically in both places at exactly the same time.

We did discuss this earlier today but I'm sure a lot of people missed it.

As to the part about alibis the commentator is wrong. She is combining two alibis -- one for the day the girls were missing (Lafayette) with his alibi for the next day when the girls were found (Delphi).

I wish LE would say who is caring for the little dog. :(
Maybe someone who tweets can ask a reporter?

Yes, I've been thinking the same thing. Thanks for stating it so well.

First off, I'm new here, and have been following this case fairly closely since the beginning, and continue to follow this thread, in hopes of seeing news of an arrest. Kudos to all of you who are working diligently to piece things together.
A couple quick points, from my perspective, and if these have been addressed, my apologies. One thing is the photo of "BG". Since the first time I saw it, in my mind, the subject seems to be wearing a specific type of hat, which I myself wear much of the time. It appears to me to be a "driving", "flat", or "ivy" cap. Another issue is that, I, like many others, initially thought this was a probably a crime involving an RSO, but have been considering that maybe it could have been somehow related to the local meth epidemic(well documented). In researching both this crime, and the 2 girls killed in Iowa(which may or may not have anything to do with one another), there is a parent in both cases who has served prison time for methamphetamine-related crime. This makes me wonder, in this particular case, if the girls could have stumbled upon a transaction which led to their being killed simply because they were witnesses, or if it could have somehow been an act of revenge/retribution? In the past, something like that would have been almost unheard of, but the dynamic among the drug trade seems to have changed and become more violent and depraved(especially among the meth and heroin trade) in the recent past. I guess this puts me in the camp of "RL probably not being directly involved", although, at this point, with what little info LE is providing, the possibilities are vast.

In my opinion, 99% of what has been posted is hypothetical.

Yes. Unless someone here recognizes the suspect, that discussion has been over since the day that the photo was released.

What I keep looking for is a look at the time line, an analysis of where the suspect parked, how he left the body location at the end of the day, what time of day he left ... more discussion about facts that are known and some sort of theory about what that tells up about the person who did this. The videos and maps of the park and body location are very helpful.

For example, I would be surprised if the suspect crossed the bridge after sunset, so when was sunset? What was the temperature that day and evening? Were the girls abducted at 2:20PM? Suppose the suspect has three hours before the girls are murdered. Was that before sunset? If the suspect's vehicle was not parked at the location where the girls were dropped off, where was the vehicle parked? Was it parked on the property that was searched last weekend? Was it parked near that property? Did the suspect cut through that property to get to the Monon bridge? Lots of questions ... but I haven't seen to much sleuthing that relates to the location and what we know to be true.

That said, I appreciate the information and updates that are posted. I wish I had time to contribute ... but not possible for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper