IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll go even further cause IMO they already have him locked up albeit on other charges. I can't see them allowing someone as dangerous as this wander freely amongst the populace. I really think he's already apprehended.
you may be spot on.

I just watched an episode of 48 Hours that aired on 3/11. An 8 year old girl was abducted from her bed and left for dead in a field after being raped. Her recollection of what he looked like was unreal (sketch artist) and she even had his first name (Dennis). She had details about his car, cigarettes, beer in the car, etc. He lived right near her and it STILL took 19 years and a DNA match from CODIS. Of course this was before the age of social media, but it's unreal that people can get away with these crimes with so much info out there about them.

The tipster would if the tip related to a family member.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Sorry, I'm not understanding what you mean. Why would LE tell a family member they'd received a tip?

Tips seldom are complete enough to solve crimes. Often they fall into the category of "suspicions" that may give LE a lead to pursue but that takes time.

Anyone who personally witnesses a crime is very likely to report their observations as soon as they know a crime has been committed, as opposed to waiting for tips to be requested. MOO

Sorry, I'm not understanding what you mean. Why would LE tell a family member they'd received a tip?

Tips seldom are complete enough to solve crimes. Often they fall into the category of "suspicions" that may give LE a lead to pursue but that takes time.

Anyone who personally witnesses a crime is very likely to report their observations as soon as they know a crime has been committed, as opposed to waiting for tips to be requested. MOO
No. You are misunderstanding me. If a tipster called in a tip about someone in their own family because of the photo and voice, I am thinking that the person who called it in would know if LE interviewed the family member.

I don't know how to make what I'm saying clearer. Sorry and it is JMO anyway.

Are you maybe confusing posts in the scanner thread and here?

Lol, funny you said that because getting alerts on both is confusing the crapola out of me..[emoji4]

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

So the video of BG was taken at 2:30. The woman was at the bridge between 2:07 and 3-3:30? She did not see the girls. Jmo
I don't think it says the woman was at the bridge that early. I can't remember where, but I thought she was there after 3pm. Anyone?

Since so many things have been discussed and re-discussed (and I agree that new ideas are pretty much exhausted) I've been wondering if anyone has a theory on why LE chose not to release both the photos and the audio of BG at the same time? Both are such short snippets. Was it because they didn't want people to think that there are two suspects at that point? Was the audio discovered later? I'm just curious about the possible strategy involved. Also just trying to keep some conversation going in this thread, since things are really slowing down. This is all just my opinion.
it may have been because they were trying to get him to come forward by not saying he was involved in the crime, and instead being someone who may have saw something.

I don't think it says the woman was at the bridge that early. I can't remember where, but I thought she was there after 3pm. Anyone?

AFAIK, no time was mentioned.

you may be spot on.

But by now, wouldn't there be enough evidence to let the public know they've got him? It's typically of some importance to not let the public worry about a killer on the loose. Just curious. All moo.

But by now, wouldn't there be enough evidence to let the public know they've got him? It's typically of some importance to not let the public worry about a killer on the loose. Just curious. All moo.
I agree, LE should have, by now, released a statement. I dont understand the secrecy in this case. Is this normal?

I have so many tabs open lately that I get befuddled switching back and forth!

I am now on board with those of you who think that either the perp is in custody or has been identified by LE and is being surveilled 24/7.

But I still want to KNOW what LE knows! Not fair!

(Kidding)
I know we are all frustrated and impatient and want to know what's happening with the investigation, but the thing we all want more than anything is an arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for this horrific crime. We want justice for Abby and Liberty, and we don't want anything to jeopardize that.

I can not understand, why nobody still phoned to the police telling, yes I know the suspect or the voice, it is terrible to think that there are accomplices of this evil, they killed the girls, like the perp.avec their silence...I pray for the families and for bringing justice for them.
Maybe someone did and DNA is still out.

O/T regarding searches, LE, and fatalities (since there seems to be some down-time here):

This radio story was on yesterday, and I found it extremely enlightening & informative in regards to the behind-the-scenes workings of these difficult situations. I learned a lot about the human aspect/victims' family's experience, and also was enlightened about how Officials might navigate these sensitive cases. The episode is found here:

https://themoth.org/radio-hour/facing-the-dark

and the story I am referring to is one told by Kate Braestrup, a community minister, law enforcement chaplain, and author. For one thing, she mentioned how she goes about training professionals to cope with the aftermath of a death, in regards to working with the family members. http://www.katebraestrup.com/

Ms. Braestrup's sharing of her experiences helped answer questions for me, about why LE may make some of the choices they do. I am so glad that they do not make my (a "bystander's") curiosity a factor in prioritizing their decisions.

MOO

Wed, Feb 15 Police confirmed Wednesday afternoon that the two bodies found outside Delphi on Tuesday are the two missing girls, Liberty German and Abigail Williams. (Ref) (Ref)

Indiana State Police release statement: We are providing a photograph of a subject who was on the Delphi Historic Trails on February 13, 2017 around the time Abigail Williams and Liberty German were walking. We are asking help from the public to help identify him so he can be contacted regarding what he might have seen. Also, if you were parked at High Bridge Trail Head on February 13, 2017 between 1:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. we would like to talk to you. (Ref)

Evening: Property Owner RL stated in HLN interview that his property was not released back to him until late Wednesday. (Ref)

Thurs, Feb 16

Morning Property Owner stated in HLN interview that he first went to the crime scene Thursday morning to try to get a feeling of it. (Ref)

Tip line was established - 844-459-5786 (Ref)

A home near Delphi (West Bicycle Bridge Road) was searched by a newly-formed task force made up of FBI agents, state police and local law enforcement. No arrests were made. (Ref)

if you reported a family member you would likely know if LE was investigating them because of your ties to them.

How would anyone know whether LE followed up or not?

And even if it was the best tip in the world was called in, recognition is not enough to base an arrest on. And often tipsters want to remain anonymous but LE is looking for potential witnesses willing to provide a statement under oath.

I'm sorry, sometimes when I am typing stuff, I leave things out because in my mind "you" already know what I'm talking about. I'm saying that the tip that was called in was a very involved/complicated story, man is missing, never showed up for work, he works for them, etc. I believe that "they" were expecting LE to call them back for more info, see if they have seen him, heard from him....his work cell phone was found by someone in the bushes at a rest area in Indiana.

I agree, LE should have, by now, released a statement. I dont understand the secrecy in this case. Is this normal?

LE may have the need to continue collecting tips, either because they believe that peripheral individuals are still unknown to them, or because useful pieces of evidence could still be gleaned form additional tips. If they announce any kind of "conclusion" it could have a limiting effect on additional info coming forth from the public.

jmo

Mon, Feb 13, cont’d

2:07PM Libby posted a photo on her Snapchat account showing Abby walking across the old railroad bridge. This was the last time anyone heard from the girls. (Ref)

2:30PM ‘Wanted’ billboard later put up shows picture of suspect and says ‘Male last seen 2/13/17 @ 2:30PM (Ref ~1:35 in video)

3-3:30PM Williams and German were supposed to be picked up where they were dropped off a few hours later but never showed up. (Ref; Ref)

RILEY: ‘...and then they were supposed to be picked up by another relative at -- between 3:00 and 3:30.’ (Ref)

However, Bridge said that his granddaughter was conscientious and he didn't believe that she would have simply lost track of time. 'If Libby said she was going to be back at three-thirty, she would have done that,' he said. (Ref)

A woman who was at the bridge commented on a Facebook post by a family member of one of the girls, saying she had been at the bridge shortly after the girls posted the photo. She said she didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary. “I even walked all the way across the bridge and back. I only (saw) a guy when I first got there and another couple once I got on the bridge,” [snipped to CME] wrote. “I didn’t see the girls at all. I also didn’t take the trail that leads to the right. Only took the trail that lead to the bridge.” (Ref)

5:30PM After family could not locate the girls they contacted the Carroll County Sheriff's Department. The Carroll County Sheriff's Department, Delphi Police Department, and Delphi Fire Department were joined by the Department of Natural Resources to search for the two missing girls. Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said crews began canvassing the area and tried pinging the girls' cell phones into the evening hours but had no success in finding them. The sheriff said they believed the girls' phones were either dead or turned off. (Ref) (Ref) (Ref)

One of the most puzzling things to me is how quickly the perp managed to get the girls out of sight. The woman who was on the bridge not long after Libby posted Abby's picture said she didn't see anything unusual and didn't see the girls at all. It's like they vanished into thin air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8