IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #39

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that at first, but if he was staking the place out since morning, he would know the activity and when to make his move. Apparently that day there was not a whole lot of people there at bridge.. So it would've been easy to get them and go.

Makes me wonder if his possible actions, of looking behind him, triggered Libby's suspicions? {IMO}

Yes exactly.... If you start from the beginning and look at only what we know for sure, it screams SK

IMO I've also been wondering is it possible that the perp drugged the girls ?? Is it possible that he injected them with something that prevented them from screaming or trying to run away ??? IMO that would explain how he could control 2 teens at once and be confident to commit this crime ?? all just IMO but it would make sense and if so then maybe he has ties to pharmaceutical supplies or is in the medical field ??

I agree it doesn't explain everything. It only works if BG ends up being a passerby and not being the killer. Or if BG was a friend or relative of RL who RL sent out to scare the kids for trespassing etc.

I am not suggesting this as a stronger hypothesis than the others. It just occurred to me that a vulnerable elderly person who had previously been burglarized might overreact...especially if under the influence.

I also have seen speculation around other killings spiral to include the exceptional possibilities...serial killers, gangs, sex traffickers, terrorism and so on...only to have it end up being something simpler and more local and--frankly, more likely--in the end.

That said, two victims leaves me wide open to the possibility this was a bait and kill type of scenario.

Just trying to explore all options even the mundane ones.:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. Elderly may make it more likely there is Alzheimer's or some form of dementia that can alter a personality. Family friends are dealing with it now & very sad from what they've said and out of character for the mother to become very angry and agitated.

Because they are still waiting for the findings from the evidence they seized from his place/property. It looks like we still have some weeks to wait.

That wasn't what I meant, but thanks for reminding us they are waiting for lab analysis to come back. I mean for the people who keep saying the case is cold or the LEOs don't have a clue.

LE has never said that they have DNA evidence from the crime scene.

I believe many people, myself included, infer that the DNA sent to the lab was found at the crime scene.

We may have been incorrect but it is a reasonable inference.

The above is my opinion only.

Hi there- I've been following, trying to get through all the threads. I am wondering if anyone has mentioned the idea of the BG wearing a watch on his right wrist. There was a GIF made a couple pages ago and it really made it stick out rather than just the original pic. Has anyone considered him being left handed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

if they didn't have DNA why would they have asked for DNA samples at the start of the investigation?

If you had the chance to ask LE one question, what would you ask? Think about it before you answer.

My question:

By the evidence, and all other information you have by now:

a.
does it it point to that the killer, prior to the murders, on a personal level, knew one or both of the victims?
OR
b.
does it it point to that the killer, prior to the murders, just knew of one or both of the victims, but NOT on a personal level?
OR
c.
does it point to a person who, prior to the murders, did NOT in anyway know any of the girls, meaning were the girls randomly selected victims?

And IF I had 2 questions I would also ask:

By the evidence, and all other information you have by now:

What was, in LE's opinion, the killers motive?

Aot of times in cases I follow, before I get bogged down by theory's, is that my initial thoughts were actually closer to what happened than my thoughts 3 weeks or a month later. Maybe occams razor?

So, my VERY FIRST thoughts when this happened was: some adult that knew they were being driven there was the culprit. A local was in my mind. Sadly I thought of a father of a friend maybe. But now think must be someone further removed. But remembering how I felt, it still makes more sense than elaborate theories. Only other theory I will entertain is a SK. There can be no reason whatsoever if it's a SK. Then the girls would have had just pure bad luck to have crossed his path.

One thing I know is, I personally am over any conspiracy or wild speculations. I'm going back to simple.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Hi there- I've been following, trying to get through all the threads. I am wondering if anyone has mentioned the idea of the BG wearing a watch on his right wrist. There was a GIF made a couple pages ago and it really made it stick out rather than just the original pic. Has anyone considered him being left handed?

This was brought up shortly after the picture was released, yes

IMO I've also been wondering is it possible that the perp drugged the girls ?? Is it possible that he injected them with something that prevented them from screaming or trying to run away ??? IMO that would explain how he could control 2 teens at once and be confident to commit this crime ?? all just IMO but it would make sense and if so then maybe he has ties to pharmaceutical supplies or is in the medical field ??

Do you mean injected them with something on the bridge? I think it's unlikely, IMO of course. Off the top of my head I'm having trouble thinking of a drug that would make them compliant but still able to walk and manage getting to the location without being carried. How does he get them to hold still long enough to inject them? It seems unlikely IMO.

I try to think about Occam's Razor in cases like this which I believe is what BessDrew was also getting at. Most of the time, the simplest explanation is the right one, and the more difficult, involved or fanciful the theorizing becomes, the less likely. IMO.

I hope it doesn't come down to one hair and a carpet fiber type thing. The Danielle Van Dam trial had me doubting that Westerfield was the killer for a long time. I need a smoking gun if they try to connect this to RL...Otherwise...

Smoking guns seldom happen outside the TV or movie screen. Crimes are solved by dedicated and good, relentless police work.

Again, just trying to think about alternative possibilities. To keep my thinking open.

But to answer your question, BG could end up not being involved, for example, or not being involved in the way that is expected. Any number of scenarios could explain that. What if BG himself was being followed by someone else with a weapon after a deal gone bad? What if RL himself sent BG out to tell the girls to stay off his land and he took it too far?

Again, I don't necessarily think this is what happened. I just thought RL may have become paranoid after being burglarized and could've over reacted...and I was mentioning it as a reminder that sometimes cases turn out to be more mundane and COD less outrageous than what our imaginations come up with.

Many scenarios, from drunken locals to serial killers, could still be true at this point. Until LE gives more info, we are interpreting their statements without facts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LE has more tape and recording and they confidently said BG is the killer, or one if the killers. That's one of the only FACTS we have.

Yes that very issue has been discussed. Coupled with the location, of what appears to some, to be a concealed gun, could lead you to believe the POI is left handed. {IMO}

if they didn't have DNA why would they have asked for DNA samples at the start of the investigation?
Boy, LE has been talking out of both sides on the DNA issue. Has most of us scratching our heads.

I wondered if maybe he got them down the hill and maybe they thought they could get away from him while down there, or maybe they hoped to see someone and get help.... But I truly thought of the injection thing as well.. He def knew what he was doing.

It would be very difficult to inject two healthy active teenage girls with drugs. It is difficult enough to inject one squirming toddler who is sitting on a parent's lap.

Smoking guns seldom happen outside the TV or movie screen. Crimes are solved by dedicated and good, relentless police work.
I get that. But in light of the fact they give us BGs picture AND make claim he is the killer, for me they better have more than a hair and a rug fiber from the SW Of RLs property if I'm going to swallow that he's the killer (if that's what happens) is what I was trying to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member