IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM. Why aren't they releasing any more if this is the case?? I do believe you're correct, but shouldn't they be releasing more if they really want to catch this monster?

Welcome to WS, by the way :).

Maybe in other stills there was even less face visible.

He has been identified right?
"
Investigators have identified a suspect in the deaths of two teens who went missing during a hike, Indiana State Police said Sunday.

The bodies of Liberty “Libby” German, 14, and Abigail “Abby” Williams, 13, were found Tuesday in woods about 70 miles northwest of Indianapolis, the Carroll County Sheriff’s Office said.
Police on Wednesday released a photo of a man seen near Delphi Historic Trail around the time the teens were there. They did not call him a suspect at the time.
Since then, preliminary evidence has led investigators to suspect the man in the photo participated in the teens’ deaths, the state police said in a statement.
No further information about the man was provided."

http://ktla.com/2017/02/19/suspect-identified-in-killing-of-indiana-girls-found-on-hiking-trail/

So I'm guessing they identified a suspect and it wasn't the man in the picture yet? or was it him and LE aren't saying specifically?

Does anyone feel that if they offer a reward in this case, it would prompt someone to turn in the suspect? I think this has worked in other cases.

That is what they have to do.

There is a lot of value to LE for not revealing the source of the photos. This is an ongoing investigation and LE never reveals the evidence they have or where it came from nor should they. There may be things on the video that further helps to ID him when any tips comes in saying they think they know who he is. It may be a specific way he walks(gait) they dont want revealed. That way when they do get tips if someone mentions an oddity about his walk or other mannerisms they will know they are credible.

There is no value in releasing where the still photos came from. If known it will do nothing to help identify the suspect.

Imo, they know he is not going to willingly come in and that is why they have posted his photos hoping someone recognizes him.

I believe these still photos came from a trail camera and LE had to enlarge them because the camera was further away from the suspect when taken. That is why the images are somewhat blurred due to them having to enlarge them.

There's also the small but real danger of planting false memories. If they ask for sightings of a purple cow, somebody will report having seen a purple cow on the trail. They have to tread a line of enough but not too much.

I don't think LE would call him a suspect as a ruse. If they made an arrest and it's not the bridge guy, defense attys would use that as reasonable doubt. They would have a field day that the real perp is still out there and not pursued or identified. They must feel confident to call him a suspect.

Exactly, they have something more on this person, because they don't use the term "suspect" willy-nilly!!! My point on this part "having participated" is giving a further chance for this person to come forward with "a story". I do believe he acted alone. It would not surprise me if they know now who this person is & have him under surveillance.

ETA - Just not enough evidence to arrest at this point.

Other than calling the case a double homicide — the first for the city in more than 20 years — police have said very little about the case. Initially, police didn't even call the man in the picture a suspect when they released the photo Wednesday.

Slocum said police have been working nonstop since the girls' bodies were found Tuesday. Standing outside Delphi City Hall, he motioned to the building, noting that police from local, county, state and federal agencies are working on a Sunday to track down the suspect in the photo.

Anyone with information about this case or the suspect is asked to call the tip line set up for this investigation — 844-459-5786.

Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said Sunday afternoon that tips have been flooding in since the man in the photo was named a suspect in the killings.

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...graph-suspect-slayings-delphi-teens/98130562/

Police said, "at the very least - participated ...."

He has been identified right?
"
Investigators have identified a suspect in the deaths of two teens who went missing during a hike, Indiana State Police said Sunday.

The bodies of Liberty “Libby” German, 14, and Abigail “Abby” Williams, 13, were found Tuesday in woods about 70 miles northwest of Indianapolis, the Carroll County Sheriff’s Office said.
Police on Wednesday released a photo of a man seen near Delphi Historic Trail around the time the teens were there. They did not call him a suspect at the time.
Since then, preliminary evidence has led investigators to suspect the man in the photo participated in the teens’ deaths, the state police said in a statement.
No further information about the man was provided."

http://ktla.com/2017/02/19/suspect-identified-in-killing-of-indiana-girls-found-on-hiking-trail/

So I'm guessing they identified a suspect and it wasn't the man in the picture yet? or was it him and LE aren't saying specifically?

Please somebody clear this up for me...

ETA: just now understanding that it means they have pointed him out, but not necessarily Id'd him yet. Might just be poor journalism that confused me.

I've read at least once that folks often don't cross the entire bridge because it feels dangerous with the gaps. That made me wonder if he had been observing them from the drop off point and when no one else was around followed them out on the bridge under the pretense of being worried about their safety. Convinces them to head back the parking area and...?

Good thinking. Could he have taken some planks out or kicked them out of their sockets to make his worry look even more plausible?

Where I live (not Indiana), many towns are so small that schools are the only places with the capacity they'd have expected for something like this.

Please somebody clear this up for me...

ETA: just now understanding that it means they have pointed him out, but not necessarily Id'd him yet. Might just be poor journalism that confused me.

DaisyChains: I believe they have ID'd him as a suspect only. I don't believe they know who he is.

Yes, very confusing.

Does anyone feel that if they offer a reward in this case, it would prompt someone to turn in the suspect? I think this has worked in other cases.

I don't think rewards are often claimed.
I can't think of one case

Someone in an earlier thread posted a link to a list of local sex offenders, anyone have that link handy?

There was one guy in those photo's I want to look at again and I lost the link.

Thanks in advance.

Has anyone focused on his shoes? I can't make out what type they are. With spring around the corner and near a river bank I hope the police looked long and hard for shoe prints. That could determine shoe type and shoe size.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Exactly, they have something more on this person, because they don't use the term "suspect" willy-nilly!!! My point on this part "having participated" is giving a further chance for this person to come forward with "a story". I do believe he acted alone. It would not surprise me if they know now who this person is & have him under surveillance.

The only precedent I can think of where LEA intentionally misled their POI was BTK. There may be others though. Here, I do think the POI is in their reach, but not sure they actually have him under surveillance. Hope they do, though!

Is it possible that the suspect isn't recognizable to those who know/knew/know of him? His most striking features are covered up. Perhaps he is known more for very unusual hair, scars, tattoos, etc... and, thus, this disheveled hidden figure does not point toward his identity.

First time poster on this thread. I have been following along but haven't read every single comment, so I apologize if I'm repeating something. In re: the origin of the photo, I'm wondering if the picture was found on one of the girls' phones. I'm imagining a scenario in which they saw this guy on their hike and laughed about how creepy he is, and snapped a picture of said "creepy" guy to share on Snapchat or something. I'm just thinking about myself at that age and how I was with my friends. JMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think person or persons responsible are connected to the community, not sure how but they know the area. In one of the initial interviews the owner of the farm where the bodies were found said the girls probably knew the person. What would make him think this?

thanks, but i know on one of Libby's relatives, whom im friends with on facebook. She asked for privacy (and asking for people to stop messaging her with details) and stop like coming up with rumors, on how they died, the bridge man (this was before he was named as suspect) like us people identifying him as a suspect, when hes all innocent and causing all his family grief and all. also keep faith in the legal systems.

First time poster on this thread. I have been following along but haven't read every single comment, so I apologize if I'm repeating something. In re: the origin of the photo, I'm wondering if the picture was found on one of the girls' phones. I'm imagining a scenario in which they saw this guy on their hike and laughed about how creepy he is, and snapped a picture of said "creepy" guy to share on Snapchat or something. I'm just thinking about myself at that age and how I was with my friends. JMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The first time I heard about this horrible case, that was my initial gut reaction, too.

Were they to be picked up in the same spot they were dropped off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satchel7