IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #40

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that schools should start teaching children what to do under dangerous circumstances... Maybe once a year police should visit with a preventive program of some kind. We live in a society where children are being targeted more often for crime.

If this saves just one life it would be worth the time and expense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They do this thing in Australia. It's called 'Day for Daniel' - named after one of our more well known child abduction cases, that of Daniel James Morcombe. He was an Australian boy, aged 13, who was abducted from the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, on 7 December 2003. ... On 13 March 2014, Cowan was found guilty of the murder of Daniel Morcombe.
The school children are encouraged to wear red on the day (Daniels favourite colour) and child safety experts come to the school and talk about stranger danger and internet safety, great program IMO, mostly in operation thanks to the ongoing efforts of Daniels parents, Bruce and Denise, who never gave up looking for him.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2014-...disappearance-prosecution/5251148?pfmredir=sm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THIS! This has confused me continuously. Wouldn't they know if there were two people talking during the commission of the crime? I can not imagine that if there was more than one suspect (which in MOO there was not) that they would not speak the entire time...if there was more than once voice on the audio they should have been able to tell...right? This has stumped me for the longest time, thank you for reminding me!
Fwiw, I think LE was thinking way ahead to the trial phase and didn't want to say anything that could cause reasonable doubt if BG turned out NOT to be the same person as the killer, or voice heard. To do all that work, only to have a lawyer say "but you said the guy in the photo was the killer".....

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Just wondering? How old does RL look here?ron logan.png He has a hat on so it's not light hair

If LE knows there was more than one perp, they should say so. If BG travels with another person, hangs with another person and/or group, it would be completely different from the public trying to think of a "lone weirdo" type who might be BG.

LE has said on more than one occasion that it is possible there is more than one perp. I believe it was Slocum who referred to murderers plural in a recent interview. The problem is they may suspect more than one, but they may not have proof.

Forgive me, but I have been really sick the past few days and having trouble following all the posts.

Are you meaning RL is the "major computer geek"? I guess that would surprise me a little. Was he a "network engineer"?

No, someone I knew who was arrested for CP. The point is you never know anyone.

ETA Hope you feel better

I believe his bafflement and shock is genuine. I think some of the statements are not truthful. IMO

Yes, this. Shocked about the murders, not the actual murderer himself, but still lying about some things.

JMO. The "lasso", as it's been identified by poster, is really a "lead". Much, much shorter and used to lead a horse from point A to point B, etc. Not a lasso. IMO

I think you are thinking of a lead line. Lariat ropes are the typical ropes used for lassos.

Question - I may have asked this before, I honestly can't recall but has LE ever actually stated RL lied about his alibi-specifically?

Yes and since they viewed BG as a stranger he would be a good person for them to investigate. Just MOO. He may have seen them watching him as he tried to break in to RL's house or steal RL truck if it was there.

What if this person was also a friend of RL's? MOO

BG could have been trying to steal RL's nice truck . I wonder if LE has reviewed auto theft perpetrators in the state. Those trucks are so popular now and if there were 2 people one could take truck and the other leave in vehicle they came in.

Just wondering? How old does RL look here?View attachment 113761 He has a hat on so it's not light hair
He still looks a good deal heavier around the middle to me. Unless the pic of BG is really distorted and makes him look thinner.

Maybe the fact that LE seems unsure if Bg was alone or not is making it more difficult for the public to help, i.e would require more imagination and the photo/image is so poor as it is.

I don't see any road at all for vehicles to be there in the middle of the trees.

Right. That's why I'm wondering if this is a second crime scene. It's hard to believe there is only one. This photo as taken the day the girls were found. They have to be back there for some reason. I don't know what role those grey vans play in all of this. Evidence possibly.

THIS! This has confused me continuously. Wouldn't they know if there were two people talking during the commission of the crime? I can not imagine that if there was more than one suspect (which in MOO there was not) that they would not speak the entire time...if there was more than once voice on the audio they should have been able to tell...right? This has stumped me for the longest time, thank you for reminding me!

LE may have all kinds of forensic evidence that could lead to more than one person. We just don't have access to it.

LE has said on more than one occasion that it is possible there is more than one perp. I believe it was Slocum who referred to murderers plural in a recent interview. The problem is they may suspect more than one, but they may not have proof.

It's been my experience that Law don't suspect without reason.

I'm guessing IMO they like to keep some information to themselves, so only the person/people involved know. Imagine how many kooks they need to discount in the run of the investigation. Imagine half those kooks say they acted alone, but in fact LE knows more than one person was involved, well then they can discount half the kooks. Just a made-up example, of course.

JMO.

I absolutely agree with you and ninj9 - it's important to have information about the murders that the public doesn't know, so that when the crazies claim they did it, they can quickly be ruled out. It just seems IMO like if there were more than one suspect it would be something that LE would be letting the public know, right? Perhaps it would trigger someone's memory? Maybe not? Who knows :thinking:. I guess that at the end of the day LE has the facts and we just hope and pray that they have enough to close the case and get justice for these sweet girls - while contributing anything we can to the investigation.

Thank you for your insight!

Agreed, for me there is just no way IMO that BG is 77 years old. Posture, seemingly full face...Perhaps RL does/did have something to hide, but again MOO he is definitely not BG.
Hmm. I think BG looks to be in his late 70's. MOO. NOT ACCUSING ANYONE, just stating my opinion!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member