IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something just occurred to me. Remember when they said RL stopped cooperating? Could possibly be that LE asked him for a cheek swab and that he refused. It sounds pretty plausible to me. I mean he talked freely enough up until right before the SW.l, and we know that LE were asking some people for them.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Could they ask a judge for a warrant to compel a DNA sample from an uncooperative suspect? I think they can but not sure.

Not really, he would essentially have to roll naked over every inch of that huge property and even then it wouldnt be everywhere or enough of it.

This would only work if only RL's dna was found and not the real perp's. I highly doubt this is possible. Whoever commited this crime most likely left dna, incriminating dna. Not just just skin cells on a nearby tree.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

What if RL didn't act alone? What if he participated in a manner that would leave less or a different kind of DNA..JMO..

Something just occurred to me. Remember when they said RL stopped cooperating? Could possibly be that LE asked him for a cheek swab and that he refused. It sounds pretty plausible to me. I mean he talked freely enough up until right before the SW.l, and we know that LE were asking some people for them.

Could be, but I think they probably have his DNA now. As I would think that if they were able to secure a search warrant, they were probably more than likely granted a warrant for RL to have to give a cheek swab. All speculation and MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I can find is the urine is not an ideal substance for DNA

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I would think they would have found a donation during the warrent search moo

Don't they already have his DNA on file since he is a convicted felon? what I think they were searching for in RL's home and truck was Abby and Libby's DNA... RL could (maybe) explain away why his DNA was at the crime scene but it would be very difficult to explain why theirs would be in his home.

I would think they would have found a donation during the warrent search moo

May be in part why they had to get one.

Agreed. However, the question was on DNA from urine. I am not positive, but I would gamble and say yes it can be collected from urine.

I remember the case in the Los Angeles area that the teacher claimed someone threw feces on her. I believe it was due to DNA that they determined it came from her. She probably had an accident, was too embarrassed to admit it, made false statements to police and it spiraled from there. I believe they charged her related to that lie.

I know less than nothing about DNA and where it's present but I'd think urine would carry some.

Reading this here post, sounds almost like you were snooping around and went to relieve yourself, haha...Please tell me you didnt[emoji15]

Lmao. No ninij9. No such thing. It is my opinion and mine alone that I received a call from ISP. SM jockies...IMO...said I was BG. Had a nice talk with the detective MOO. All is well.

MOO...MOO...MOO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Lmao. No ninij9. No such thing. It is my opinion and mine alone that I received a call from ISP. SM jockies...IMO...said I was BG. Had a nice talk with the detective MOO. All is well.

MOO...MOO...MOO

I know. I guess it was my bad attempt as a joke. Forgive[emoji4]

If the rules about RL have changed like they seem to have, this whole post may be moot. I'll post it anyway, even though it doesn't really bring anything new to the table. I just made up a list of things I use as the foundation of my theories. Some parts are fact and some assumptions, but I'm just going to say this is all my opinion and questions I keep asking myself about some of them. Sorry if it's no use to anybody else, but writing it down helps me to think more clearly.

1. He is a male.
2. He is somewhat comfortable in high places.
3. He was not working early in the afternoon that day.
4. He was confident enough to take on two girls at once.
5. He was able to leave the scene without drawing attention to himself.
6. He was most likely familiar with the area.
7. He may, or may not, have a partner.
8. There is something about him that causes suspicion, but not necessarily instant fear.
9. He is patient enough to wait for the right time and the right victim/s.
10. Nobody who may have seen him there that day seems to have recognized him.
11. The girls were dropped off at about 1:00.
12. The last photo Libby uploaded was the one of Abby on the bridge at 2:07.
13. The video of BG was taken at about 2:30.
14. Libby's friends saw the girls while they were there. (When and where were they?)
15. They also said they saw a man dressed all in black. (Has he been identified or could he have been BG?)
16. When the woman got there, she only saw a man (was he leaving since she doesn't mention anything else about him?)
17. While she was on the bridge, she saw a couple there. (did they just arrive then, or were they just out of sight earlier?)
18. Their ride was due to arrive between 3 and 3:30. (Were they on time?)

I know there are a lot more, but this is getting too long already. Again, all MOO

From what I can find is the urine is not an ideal substance for DNA

how many different ways do they obtain DNA from a suspect? And can they do it at 1 any County jail facility or wuld they have to transfer prisoner to a different facility to extract it? Just wondering 😉

I remember the case in the Los Angeles area that the teacher claimed someone threw feces on her. I believe it was due to DNA that they determined it came from her. She probably had an accident, was too embarrassed to admit it, made false statements to police and it spiraled from there. I believe they charged her related to that lie.

I know less than nothing about DNA and where it's present but I'd think urine would carry some.
Feces would be a much better place to collect dna. More red blood cells exit that way that through the kidneys.

What if RL didn't act alone? What if he participated in a manner that would leave less or a different kind of DNA..JMO..

What if RL is responsible and he convinced a relative or friend to help him try to cover it up? I don't think I would help someone after the fact. I don't think I would ever murder someone, but I think we are all capable, depending upon circumstances.

I know. I guess it was my bad attempt as a joke. Forgive[emoji4]

No worries 😁 Joke was well appreciated

O. M. G.
Just saying.

What's OMG about that post? We already know RL is in jail and that a SW was served. Also, LE is still asking for tips from the public.

Any body tissue that has not been degraded is a potential source of DNA. ... Urine itself does not contain DNA, but it may contain epithelial cells, which do contain DNA. Most healthy individuals, however, do not excrete epithelial cells in their urine.

http://www.biology.arizona.edu/human_bio/problem_sets/DNA_forensics_2/06t.html

how many different ways do they obtain DNA from a suspect? And can they do it at 1 any County jail facility or wuld they have to transfer prisoner to a different facility to extract it? Just wondering 😉
If they are collecting from a person, a cheek swab is the preferred method. Blood works well too but is more invasive.....opens doors for legal action if something goes wrong, infection...pick your poison. Cheek swab, easy peasy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member