IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone has some time to waste I was just looking at a cartoon site where you can turn a photo in to a cartoon and found it really interesting. I was using cartoonize.net, have a look at the released image of BG using effect 214... I won't post it because i'm sure it's against TOS

I couldn't get it to work... Will you share the pic?

I believe he's local, too. I don't understand why people are using the billboards to discount that possibility. LE has also been serving search warrants and questioning locals. They are obviously just covering all their bases, and why wouldn't they?
And suppose he's local-ish but on the run? Billboards work for that too.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Without any recent news, most of what has been running through my head is speculation. But I had an interesting conversation with someone the other night regarding the case. I asked what would make YOU start to record someone? We both settled on a previous bad encounter, aka "hey X, that Y guy is coming back!", and some other theories. I'd like to hear what others opinions are of why YOU would start to record someone from 80' out? (per GH video assessments).

Everything is MOO.

While I am thankful for Gray's awesome videos, I think the image of BG might be a little misleading since it looks like he is alone on the bridge 80+ feet away and neither girl is shown. But all we can tell somewhat for sure is where Libby is if we assume she has her phone. We cannot know where Abby is and how close he is to her. I am in the camp that the dark blur on the first photo is the edge of her hoodie, perhaps she is even turning or slightly turned to see him and that he is about to either grab her or pull a weapon on her to force her to go on off the bridge and down the hill. I don't think Libby just thought he looked creepy. I think she captured him about to commit a criminal act. That's how the angle of his right arm seems to me too, as he is about to pull a weapon. Just think, if the photo or video were recreated to put Abby in it there would be no question why she hit record. Especially when we consider why his right arm is reaching under his jacket.

I know there's a lot of back and forth about whether RL could be BG.

Just wanted to say I am surprised anytime anyone claims to authoritatively know either way. That it absolutely has to be or couldn't possibly be. A pixelated and blurry pic doesn't offer definitive conclusions either way, imho. It may make one theory more or less likely, but we can't really *KNOW* due to the possibility of distortions, angles, freezing motion in a screenshot off a video etc.

Now I've gone and made everyone mad. ;););)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I am thankful for Gray's awesome videos, I think the image of BG might be a little misleading since it looks like he is alone on the bridge 80+ feet away and neither girl is shown. But all we can tell somewhat for sure is where Libby is if we assume she has her phone. We cannot know where Abby is and how close he is to her. I am in the camp that the dark blur on the first photo is the edge of her hoodie, perhaps she is even turning or slightly turned to see him and that he is about to either grab her or pull a weapon on her to force her to go on off the bridge and down the hill. I don't think Libby just thought he looked creepy. I think she captured him about to commit a criminal act. That's how the angle of his right arm seems to me too, as he is about to pull a weapon. Just think, if the photo or video were recreated to put Abby in it there would be no question why she hit record. Especially when we consider why his right arm is reaching under his jacket.

I don't personally think it's Abby in the edge of the bg picture, as I don't think Abby would be standing on the edge of the bridge. And some have even speculated that bc of the angle of the photo, Abby would have to be levitating beside the bridge in order for her to be in that position. Fwiw Moo

Anybody know how many billboards were taken down? The one on us 30 west in Ohio near me has been taken down(probably came down about a week ago) . Just curious if most of them have been taken down?

This is the first that I've heard that they're taking them down...wow. So disappointing. Why would they do that? Unless maybe they already know who it is and don't want to waste the money.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

-

Peoples sexual appetites usually don't change. Evidently, he can't control his criminal impulses.

The risk when he's looking at death or 30 years, what would cause someone to take that risk?

I suspect it's like JonBenet Ramsey, with different types of victims. I think the person that committed that crime in Boulder had thought about that very crime hundreds of times.

Don't you think we'll find out in Indiana the Perp fantasized about controlling, terrorizing, and raping?

-
Well, we never found out what a perp in the Jon Benet case ever thought about, so not a great example. I don't particularly think we will get to know the inner mechanisms of Libby and Abby's murderer even if he's caught today and convicted lickety split. Unless he decides to write a tell all.

Thinking about our late great Foxfire, what he'd have to say, my guess is seasoned predator. Possible military and hunter. Stalked and planned. Ain't his first rodeo. MOO.

And he used to say "there's a reason he's gone undetected for so long...".
He would be a huge asset here. I, for one would like to know what he would think about RL. I've only been here for about 3 years, but I feel the hole left by his passing too.[emoji176]

I know there's a lot of back and forth about whether RL could be BG.

Just wanted to say I am surprised anytime anyone claims to authoritatively know either way. That it absolutely has to be or couldn't possibly be. A pixelated and blurry pic doesn't offer definitive conclusions either way, imho. It may make one theory more or less likely, but we can't really *KNOW* due to the possibility of distortions, angles, freezing motion in a screenshot off a video etc.

Now I've gone and made everyone mad. ;););)

I agree with you, but keep in mind all we really have is this blury photo and the 3-4 words. So I think people just keep going back to the picture and trying to pull details, imo the problem is details we may think we see could just be anomalies caused by the distortion .....just my 2 cents

I believe that LE said something to the effect of she captured him on video "about to commit criminal activity", or something to that basic effect. I am in the same camp as far as the idea that BG is very close to Abigail in the video. It would explain why they won't release the footage, as well.

I agree with you, but keep in mind all we really have is this blury photo and the 3-4 words. So I think people just keep going back to the picture and trying to pull details, imo the problem is details we may think we see could just be anomalies caused by the distortion .....just my 2 cents

Agreed. Plus it's human nature to want to drive things that are unknown to a "known" conclusion. It just gives me a little humility that I--or anyone else with a differing strong opinion--could still be right or wrong.:)

Maybe he ran ahead on the bridge? And was getting pet by Abby?
Maybe he was home taking his nap?

Maybe IF RL is BG (and I never said he was, I'm just not sure he wasnt or wasn't involved somehow) he wouldn't want to bring his beloved dog companion to do nasty business. I read a ridiculous bunch of posts about a week back (thankfully I was on a timeout or I would have earned myself an extended trip)
Anyway there were like 50 posts proclaiming that RL cannot be BG or a POI simply because he owned a Westie(?) I think that was the breed.)I mean gushing posts about how they would trust anyone with the dog with their lives!!!!! I kid you not! I sure hope they were removed because I was embarrassed.

ETA: not directed at you, I have wondered about the dog as well. I just don't think that it's a defining point.
Sorry if I rambled.

I somehow missed all that with the dog.

One of the lesser reasons I lean away from RL being the killer is because of his pets. It wasn't important enough to me to search but I'm curious as to the percentage of murderers of young girls who have pets.

We know that many killers tortured/killed animals as children but RL's dog and horse seem to be very, very comfortable with him.

Interesting. Now my mind is wandering again. There is no LE or MSM statement that has said where they were dropped off, correct? So we still don't know that part. I wonder....if Abby or both the girls had been seen entering from or near the South/SE entrance before..seen by someone on more than one occasion. MOO, pure thinking out loud again. Thank you.

Right. We don't know where they were dropped off. LE said a tributary to the trail. So that seems like not the trailhead. And LE said they were to be picked up where they were dropped off. I also think it's telling that they somewhat identified it was Libby's sister who dropped them off but won't identify the "family member" who was to pick them up.

This is the first that I've heard that they're taking them down...wow. So disappointing. Why would they do that? Unless maybe they already know who it is and don't want to waste the money.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Ya others have stated that ones near them have come down or changed to a different case as well. I was just curious if anybody knew if they were taking them all but the ones in Indiana down? Or what the deal is? As for why we can only really speculate on that as only LE knows the reason

I just wanted to see if the audio (speaking voice) would be muffled at all if I had my phone in my pocket. At least for me, the audio was pretty much the same either way.

• I took my phone, turned the video on and said a few words while holding it up
  • With the video still on, I put my phone in my pocket and said the same words
  • It sounded pretty much the same either way (wasn't muffled in my pocket)
You should try while walking. At my job people butt dial me or pocket dial me all the time. You can hear that weird sound (almost like an ultrasound swoosh) that's present in the "Down the Hill" along with the sound of kicking leaves.

Would people have heard them scream?

My comment was just something general. I have no idea if they screamed, if it got recorded, or if anyone would have heard it. I was simply trying to say that there might not be anything else on that video that would be helpful in the investigation. I suppose I can rephrase it. If the rest of the video/audio is of them struggling for their lives (with or without raised voices) then I can still see why LE wouldn't release it.

Ya others have stated that ones near them have come down or changed to a different case as well. I was just curious if anybody knew if they were taking them all but the ones in Indiana down? Or what the deal is? As for why we can only really speculate on that as only LE knows the reason

The speculation surrounding billboards coming down ties in with a question I have been asking for a while. When was the last time LE specifically asked for help identifying BG? not asking for general tips... but specifically asked the publics help in identifying BG?

I believe that LE said something to the effect of she captured him on video "about to commit criminal activity", or something to that basic effect. I am in the same camp as far as the idea that BG is very close to Abigail in the video. It would explain why they won't release the footage, as well.

That's a great observation, and something I have speculated over as well. I remember a quote by LE saying they hope they don't have to release more audio or video footage. I firmly believe it is because Abby is in the frame, also why they would zoom in and crop him out of the video to create the still. MOO. Great food for thought. Also was is just the general closeness of him, had he called out to them as he came across the bridge? The fact he is recorded before having drawn a weapon, that we know of, pure speculation; is what drives me to a previous encounter theory. Did Libby know this particular guys presence alone was not a good sign? I believe so. IMO. Thank you for responding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MerrieBee