IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looked at image of BG again for the first time in weeks...still see next to nothing, just a man walking. I only feel sure he has jeans on.

I know there's a lot of back and forth about whether RL could be BG.

Just wanted to say I am surprised anytime anyone claims to authoritatively know either way. That it absolutely has to be or couldn't possibly be. A pixelated and blurry pic doesn't offer definitive conclusions either way, imho. It may make one theory more or less likely, but we can't really *KNOW* due to the possibility of distortions, angles, freezing motion in a screenshot off a video etc.

Now I've gone and made everyone mad. ;););)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You haven't made me mad BessDrew. [emoji8] . It's impossible to state one way or the other. I give up trying. After any length of time staring at this image we can see what we want. I'm going to wildly guess it is NOT RL. JMO, but it doesn't aleviate my feeling that RL has some level of involvement.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Just looked at image of BG again for the first time in weeks...still see next to nothing, just a man walking. I only feel sure he has jeans on.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] same

This is the first that I've heard that they're taking them down...wow. So disappointing. Why would they do that? Unless maybe they already know who it is and don't want to waste the money.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
Read on here weeks ago that some of them had already been removed. I guess it was more of a blitz style campaign, as opposed to a long term one.

Read on here weeks ago that some of them had already been removed. I guess it was more of a blitz style campaign, as opposed to a long term one.

I keep thinking it would have been much more effective to feature the pics of BG. Makes me question the logic of the decision makers. I talked to several people who were confused and thought the girls were missing.

What's strange to me, is besides some people's weird certainty that RL couldn't possibly be involved (which just blows my mind, considering if the police aren't willing to write him off how come some of us are??) but how absolutely disgusted some of you are about even debating RL being the bad guy or not. It's so strange to me that for some reason intelligent, respectful debate is so inherently bad here. I don't see why we can't have back and forth conversations regarding RL, as long as people have reasons for their opinion other than "I just know it".

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Avejajed, I think I love you[emoji7] .

I don't understand the righteous anger at all. No one is being rude about RL. Early on after his arrest some peeps were saying stuff about his character. Mods shut that **** down (homage to the Walking Dead[emoji4] ), right away. Since then, posting in regards to RL has been, IMHO very fair and respectful.

-
My opinion is he's not in the system.

Maybe he was arrested prior to testing, or maybe he sidestepped suspicion.

I do think he'll have run-ins with the law, a woman felt threatened by him, he crossed a line, etc.

Seems doubtful someone would live a law abiding life, and then abduct people in broad daylight.

-
But they may have him from a tip!

The speculation surrounding billboards coming down ties in with a question I have been asking for a while. When was the last time LE specifically asked for help identifying BG? not asking for general tips... but specifically asked the publics help in identifying BG?
Bless you TokyoRose. I haven't seen anyone able to give you a definitive answer since you first asked. They can only point to a pre recorded PSA that seems to loop. You just may be on to something.

Notice they only asked about a duffle/knapsack once as well. I think they found it...JMO, imo, moo.

I have read ahead and people say NO! It's not his age, buy go back to thread 48 or 39 and it's EXACTLY what they said.

If he was 50, everyone would be on him like white on rice.

I get it. No one wants to find that a long standing oldtimer has commiyyed this horrendous crime.

Know what? Me neither. But the police put him on a platter. They are NOT stupid. THEY KNOW EXACTLY what they did first arresting him, then serving a circus of a SW on him. Ask ourselves WHY?

I. HOPE. IM. WRONG
I like the taste of hat, really.
Straw variety, lots of fiber...

I think police had so many phone calls about him after ppl saw the photo of him in the same like clothes.. then they had to arrest him for his violations. And I also think he's being kept there so someone dosent harm him.
There was another neighbor there that kinda looked like BG also
Now what if the girls were found on his property???????? Would
We be saying the same things? Dissecting his life?

Very sad.

JMO.. I can't help thinking about some type of worker. It's that brown area around BG's waist..I can't tell for sure what it is, but it reminds me so much of like tool or work aprons I've seen people wear. My brothers have done stints in rehab/remodeling & construction & I know people who've worked as lineman/journeyman and I can recall them sometimes wearing aprons around their waist, probably not all the same style, but similar. Plus, I was at Home Depot this morning & saw a couple guys in check-out wearing them & some of the HD employees wear white ones. They'll lay flat at times and sometimes when they move or walk the pockets will poof out or if they have something in them. I googled meat packers but in the images that came up it seemed most of them wear white ones. This doesn't mean I think it couldn't be someone local though. Of course there's always the possibility, if it was an apron, he was just wearing one to keep things in, like having extra pockets.

moo.

I think police had so many phone calls about him after ppl saw the photo of him in the same like clothes.. then they had to arrest him for his violations. And I also think he's being kept there so someone dosent harm him.

Very sad.

That depends on whether or not LE said their investigation of the double homicide led them to serve a probable cause SW. LE received over 13,000 tips, they did not spend 14 hours searching the homes of all those people called in to the tip line.

Bless you TokyoRose. I haven't seen anyone able to give you a definitive answer since you first asked. They can only point to a pre recorded PASS that seems to loop. You just may be on to something.

Notice they only asked about a duffle/knapsack once as well. I think they found it...JMO, imo, moo.

Not asking anymore, because they have what they need, and wrapping it up, secure and airtight? MOO

Very sad.

I'm guessing we would, especially if there was a probable cause sealed search warrant executed on his property like there was on RL's. And I think that it's fair for people to do so, I think people have generally been fair in regards to RL. Haven't heard many people here say oh it's definitely him. I think most here just think that he can't be ruled out as possibly being involved. Moo

Edit to add: I will also add that it's my belief if RL ends up being not involved that the bad choices that RL has made in his life have put him in the situation that he is currently in and sometimes you have to live with the consequences of public opinion bc of your own bad choices. Fair or unfair that's life

You haven't made me mad BessDrew. [emoji8] . It's impossible to state one way or the other. I give up trying. After any length of time staring at this image we can see what we want. I'm going to wildly guess it is NOT RL. JMO, but it doesn't aleviate my feeling that RL has some level of involvement.

I do try to imagine other scenarios in which RL or another second party could be involved without being BG.

Let's say, for example, someone is buying drugs or involved in the illegal exchange of something else (sex, guns, you name it) with BG. They both are troubled that they've been seen by these girls. But one of them, again BG, takes it upon himself to handle it.

Maybe the other party almost "doesn't want to know" what will happen and just leaves. Or maybe the other party found out what happened after the fact but didn't have any part in it. And so on.

Not saying this is likely at all, but trying to brainstorm other possibilities...in this case to imagine scenarios in which RL or other POI could be more remotely involved at some level.

While the thread's a little slower :

There's been some surprise expressed over the extreme differences of opinion re BG's features & his similarity, or lack thereof, to particular people.

It really isn't unusual though.

People are disagreeing because they are literally seeing completely different features, even when they're all looking at the same perfectly clear pic. When the picture isn't clear the differences of opinion are even greater.

This is why :

https://thepsychologist.bps.org.uk/volume-26/edition-10/i-never-forget-face

You can do a range of tests here at the Cambridge University site to see if you might be a super recogniser. It'd be interesting to see if the people with consistently high scores all agree on whether BG resembles any known person ... or not

http://superrecognisers.com/

The issue of voice perception is similar. Ear witness testimony is even more unreliable than eye witness testimony.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S096098221001701X

They're also beginning to do voice recognition testing at the Cambridge link above. You'll be given an option to take further tests if you score in the possible super recogniser range.

If you've focused on a POI because of the pix or audio in this case, & you DON'T score consistently highly, it might be worth considering that your position might be less solid than it feels.

Thanks for bringing this up. I actually took the face recognition test and didn't score particularly high. I knew I wouldn't. I would score even lower in real life where I can't try to quickly zero in on ear shape or other features to compare to the next set of pictures. That's what I tried to do with BG, especially his nose, but he's really pretty generic otherwise. A blurry photo is nothing like a clear one.

I believe my husband is a super-recognizer for both faces and voices...or very close to being one. I keep meaning to get him to take the test. Just a couple of many examples...he recognized a guy who worked in a bakery he frequented many years ago near where we used to live and also someone he took one class with ages ago (I'm talking 20-25 years ago for both and not in the original location). This happens often enough to be unusual and he loves to ask the person ("didn't you work at the bakery in...?") and check his skills...weirding them out while I pretend I don't know him. :facepalm:

He also recognizes actor's voices on voice-overs for commercials. When he asks me who it is I look at him blankly. I remember not recognizing my mil's voice on the phone when she called...oops! :doh:

So yeah, I would never consider my opinion about BG's face or voice to be worth much...which is why I don't have an opinion.

Thank you for your reply. I've only been on here for few weeks and having a hard time keeping up sometimes.

Usually LE (POI) gives a twitter update of some kind on Fridays, I wonder if we'll get one today.

I keep thinking it would have been much more effective to feature the pics of BG. Makes me question the logic of the decision makers. I talked to several people who were confused and thought the girls were missing.
I agee. I think they should've put the pics of BG really large instead of the girls. It was kinda confusing the way they had the large pics of the girls and tiny pic of BG. Not thought out very well at all.

Just some observations:

I agree that BG came in on the side of the bridge where A & L were standing. IMO, he passed by Libby and Abby and then turned back around and headed toward them.
I think he knew this side of the bridge was easier to walk on.
His hands are in his pockets and he's rather near the edge.
That indicates to me he is familiar with the bridge and very comfortable walking on it.
Could he have coaxed them with, "Come see my litter of new pups. They're cute as can be." He gets them to a place where they can't escape and screams won't be heard.
I also think they weren't killed where they were found. I really think the bodies would have been seen by searchers that late afternoon and evening on the 13th. And, I don't think the perp was dumb enough to murder them out in the open.
IMO, they were brought back and laid there very late that night or early in the morning.
As far as RL goes, I don't know. He would know the bridge and his land like the back of his hand. It bothers me that LE took his truck and searched his home. It also bothers me that they jailed him for a probation violation
and have denied him bail and set the hearing 2 weeks out.
I agree that RL wasn't a suspect in the beginning but something happened to change LE' s mind.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member