IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a people bridge. It's a train trestle. The rails are removed. I think officially people are not supposed to walk on it but do. I believe they've tried to raise funds to make it safer with handrails, etc. Or should imo. All MOO
Thanks, I keep wondering why they don't have side rails on that bridge. I would NOT walk across it, I have a problem with heights anyway, but even more so when it's narrow and rickety. Those girls were much braver than I. :scared:

This gives you an idea how dense the trees are even in their defoliated stage:

Google Maps:

http://bit.ly/2nzuQkr

-Nin
Pretty good cover. Especially on a sunny day such as it was. The other pic looking FROM the crime scene was overcast so there wasn't shadows and brightness. Besides even though you can see the bridge from the crime scene it doesn't mean the reverse is true. If your in Paris, you can see the Eiffel tower from many places, but I bet you can't see those places from the Eiffel tower (bad analogy sorry)

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

It's not a people bridge. It's a train trestle. The rails are removed. I think officially people are not supposed to walk on it but do. I believe they've tried to raise funds to make it safer with handrails, etc. Or should imo. All MOO

I myself... I think it would be beautiful to walk across that bridge if this terrible monster hadn't made it a bridge of death. Like the park where my sister was taken and buried after being tortured; this beautiful place will never be the same to people again...

Maybe they should rename the trail for Abby and Liberty and make it a special place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been on one search for a missing little boy. We were split into groups and put on a school bus to go to grid areas they had marked on maps they wanted searched. We packed each school bus which holds 72 people so around that number per bus.

We were told while searching to spread out in a line and look left and right between the people on either side of us for anything (clothing/food wrappers/foot prints/etc). They started us on the road and had us walk to the other end of the property. We were not to touch anything found- instead yell for our leader (police, sheriff, deputy, DNR, etc). and everyone would stop and wait.

Smaller groups of 2, 3, or 4 walked the area roads and didn't go further then into ditches. MOO

Could someone explain how volunteer searches are usually conducted? How many people (roughly) are in each group. How they would have searched RLs land. How would they mark where they have searched since it's quite large so they or others didn't re-search same spot?

Just curious on how this would have been conducted

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks, I keep wondering why they don't have side rails on that bridge. I would NOT walk across it, I have a problem with heights anyway, but even more so when it's narrow and rickety. Those girls were much braver than I. :scared:

Is it as terrifying as it appears ? ( I mean in real life does it feel wider and safer than the photos?) God bless the young innocent girls ...no where to run up there.

The bridge being so sketchy might have been why she filmed BG, wondering why he would choose to cross it when most people dont, let alone an older guy. I also think they may have seen him earlier on their hike and became alarmed when they daw him crossing the bridge.

I still cant shake the thought that they may have known him. Being out there all alone I cant imagine why they would have let him catch up to them unless they were thinking "thats that creepy guy who lives over there" or " thats tge guy so and so saw out here" something along those lines that made them think he wasnt so out of place. Otherwise, I would think they would have kept going or called someone and never let him get near them.

I am also wondering why he made them cross the water, whether he had them do it or he killed them and then brought them across (which I doubt). Why did he feel the need to go across? I think this tells us something about him Im just not sure what.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I don't think they realized he was there until the moment Liberty turned to take another photo/video of Abigail, and he was right there. JMO

Ok I told myself I wasnt going to get involved in this case (or Elizabeth Thompson for that matter) but here I am. Do we know COD? I read some of the 41 forums but not all. I did a google search and get conflicting info. I think knowing COD (shooting, stabbing, strangling, drowning, broken neck, etc) would tell us a lot about the perp. Also if there was SA.

To me he had to have a weapon to subdue both of them. Libby had her phone recording, why not call 911? He had something that scared her.

I myself... I think it would be beautiful to walk across that bridge if this terrible monster hadn't made it a bridge of death. Like the park where my sister was taken and buried after being tortured; this beautiful place will never be the same to people again...

Maybe they should rename the trail for Abby and Liberty and make it a special place.

I so agree. What sadness to take a beloved landmark that an entire town grew up with, wedding, prom etc pictures have been taken there. Forever tainted. They need to completely change the look of the bridge. Turn it into a path with rails. Transform it, maybe memorialize it, lest it become a "haunted" bridge for generations to come. So completely heartbreaking that this happened to these two young ladies.

Ok I told myself I wasnt going to get involved in this case (or Elizabeth Thompson for that matter) but here I am. Do we know COD? I read some of the 41 forums but not all. I did a google search and get conflicting info. I think knowing COD (shooting, stabbing, strangling, drowning, broken neck, etc) would tell us a lot about the perp. Also if there was SA.

To me he had to have a weapon to subdue both of them. Libby had her phone recording, why not call 911? He had something that scared her.

We do not know COD, it would definitely tell us a lot about the guy.

Also why not release more of the video or audio of BG? It's not easy to try to identify him saying 3 words.

I don't think they realized he was there until the moment Liberty turned to take another photo/video of Abigail, and he was right there. JMO
Thats a good point, thats possible. They just took photos on the bridge looking back so I dont know how they wouldnt have seen him coming before he was too close. The bridge is long and the photos of BG are very zoomed in meaning there was a decent amount of space between him and the girls.

COD hasn't been released by LE. Unofficial rumors ,true or not , we aren't able to discuss per rules. LE explained they want to withhold COD so when they have the right perp he/ she will know the specifics. IMO

My thinking is different on this; I think he had been following them/stalking them on the trails perhaps, and they spotted him then, beforehand. Then he literally chased them out onto the bridge, maybe yelling at them, "hey come here!"/"get over here", and this is why the cellphone photos were taken. Jmo, moo. Who really knows, though? So frightening all round.

I had a friend who was attacked in a shopping mall parking lot just a few years back. I've posted about this before, how I envisioned in such attacks someone creeping out from around the corner, etc....it did not go down like that at all.

From waaaaayyyyy across the mall parking lot my friend saw this huuuge man start running towards her full speed like a football player...it was broad daylight. He was cursing, yelling F Bombs....she realized omg he's coming at ME, so she was able to run and get into her car in the nick of time. He was banging on the window, yelling, cursing, kicking her car door...she was able to start her car and actually ran over his foot (can you believe she felt bad about this?). She called 911 immediately. Mall security tracked him down and detained him until the cops got there. He was a violent sexual offender out on parole, with various aliases to add. Thank goodness she got away in time.

What I learned from this is sometimes predators don't just pop out of nowhere but literally come bumrushing at you full force from a distance like a football player.

Any news? Just getting in and going back to read.

Eta: I just remembered she told me that when he was running at her cursing and yelling from across the way he had this really mean look on his face, like he was very, very angry. He was in a raaaage...

I noticed in the flyover that the guys in the chopper are talking a lot. I wonder if any net person has been able to remove the chopper noise so to be privy to the conversation. I wonder if the chopper guys had access to LE conversation that we did not.

During the flyover, they sure do focus on certain things and I'm very curious to know why. They seemed to zoom in on a vehicle parked at that white house with all the stuff sitting around. They also took a long look at the woods/creek bank on the west side of the bridge. To our knowledge, nothing happened there?

I didn't realize until the last time I watched the video that the water searchers went from the crime scene area clear down almost to the bridge.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154523478509092&id=65323249091&_rdr

From what I understand no one is supposed to be on it.

My thinking is different on this; I think he had been following them/stalking them on the trails perhaps, and they spotted him then, beforehand. Then he literally chased them out onto the bridge, maybe yelling at them, "hey come here!"/"get over here", and this is why the cellphone photos were taken. Jmo, moo. Who really knows, though? So frightening all round.

I had a friend who was attacked in a shopping mall parking lot just a few years back. I've posted about this before, how I envisioned in attacks someone creeping out from around the corner, etc....it did not go down like that at all.

From waaaaayyyyy across the mall parking lot my friend saw this huuuge man start running towards her full speed like a football player...he was cursing, yelling F bombs....she realized omg he's coming at ME, so she was able to run and get into her car in the nick of time, he was banging on the window, yelling, cursing, she started her car and ran over his foot (can you believe she felt bad about this?) and called 911 immediately. Mall security tracked him down and detained him until the cops got there. He was a violent sexual offender out on parole, with various aliases to add. Thank goodness she got away in time.

What I learned from this is sometimes they just don't pop out of nowhere but literally come bumrushing at you full force from a distance like a football player.

Any news? Just getting in and going back to read.
Your story made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.[emoji15] . How utterly frightening. So lucky for your friend to have gotten in her car so fast. I probably would have froze and peed myself, then fumble my keys. She was super fortunate.

Thats a good point, thats possible. They just took photos on the bridge looking back so I dont know how they wouldnt have seen him coming before he was too close. The bridge is long and the photos of BG are very zoomed in meaning there was a decent amount of space between him and the girls.

If there were 2 perps. Could have sandwiched them and not realizing there was another creep right in front of them. [emoji45]

There's been some discussion on BG's fanny pack and also the outline of a handgun under his jacket. The handgun is on BG's right side, but with the butt forward, muzzle to the rear, suggesting the gun was carried in a jacket pocket or (my thought) a shoulder holster and that BG is left-handed.

In several still and video images of RL, I've noticed a khaki-colored strap under his jacket that might suggest a shoulder holster or a shoulder strap for a fanny pack:

iu

I'm sure LE is aware of this, and it probably means nothing, but it is an additional similarity between the dress of BG and RL. There is also a distinct outward turn to at least one of RL's feet when he's shown walking in an early video.

Also why not release more of the video or audio of BG? It's not easy to try to identify him saying 3 words.

From the timeline posted on page one...BBM

http://wlfi.com/2017/02/22/delphi-te...ads-to-arrest/

The recording was longer than what has been released. Police won’t release anymore to protect the integrity of the investigation, but they’ve seen the video and likely won’t be able to stop thinking about it.

“Imagine what that must be like, it’s generally and very likely will be one of the last things these ladies and gentleman see for the rest of their lives before they go to sleep,” said Carter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper