IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to sound so snarky, don't mean it to, but it seems the majority here is very skeptical of any involvement by RL, and this surprises me that there is such a strong stance being taken here with so little information. I agree he looks older than the pic, and I have no idea what his role is if any, but I wonder if people are feeling empathetic for a senior. Moo.

ETA: I agree this is awful for him if he has no knowledge or involvement.

Age has nothing to do with it. A team from the FBI spent an entire day searching his property. They will know if he had any involvement in this crime after processing any evidence found that day.

I don't see any value in sluthing this guy besides being on the side that was right when all the facts are presented.

This is going to be the 3rd weekend where nothing useful gets discussed, imo, because all the talk will be about a person already sitting in a jail cell.

Regarding my earlier comment, considering RL is not a suspect, I can't imagine how LE could clear him further than in this statement. Note it was made one week after the SW.

March 23 Sgt Slocum interview.

Regarding Social Media:

“But it's a dangerous game and I know the public on social media and other sites have been naming suspects and that's a dangerous game
because we haven't named a suspect other than that person in the picture but they're putting a photograph of their neighbor next to the picture
saying hey this is him and that's dangerous and that's just not fair to anyone. So I ask people to be responsible on the social media sites."

"The extreme attention this case has received has created more social media postings and things like that. At three separate occasions we've either served a search warrant or we just went to talk to someone, whether they were a witness or not and the public just overreacted, saying that we had arrested someone and it gets to the point where now the media is saying is this true and on three separate occasions I had to send out repeated text messages from myself, saying no, no, no, please quit jumping to conclusions, we'll make an announcement if we do arrest. We're not hiding anything."

More on the media thread -
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-13-Feb-2017-*media-maps-amp-timelines/page12

The key words are: "[P]lease quit jumping to conclusions, we'll make an announcement if we do arrest [someone]. We're not hiding anything."

Well, yes, they will make an announcement if they make an arrest. But from past experience, we know that the authorities often say they have no suspects even as they are working day and night to make a case against a certain suspect. So I don't see them clearing anyone there. And in truth, rather than "not hiding anything," they're hiding nearly everything, so none of us has much to go on.

-
The Perp was fulfilling a fantasy that he's had for decades, IMO.

-

SBM

Just curious...what brings you to the conclusion that he's fulfilling a fantasy he's had for decades?

EDIT: I agree with your other points. Makes very good sense IMO.

I believe he's local, too. I don't understand why people are using the billboards to discount that possibility. LE has also been serving search warrants and questioning locals. They are obviously just covering all their bases, and why wouldn't they?

Because having the FBI supply 6000 billboards in 46 states is not simply covering their bases- very few cases will ever get on a digital billboard, much less 6000 of them. The FBI's website provides cases that have been successfully solved via use of digital billboards, and they largely involve drug trafficking, underage prostitution, sprees of bank robberies, child abductions, or suspects who were fugitives. Nearly every case involved jumping state lines/jurisdictional boundaries. Also, they could just put the billboards local, or across Indiana, maybe even just a few surrounding states. The Chicago Tribune ran an article in March about a billboard campaign that was going on in the Jacksonville area- not the entire country, and not even the entire state of Florida. In this specific case, they were looking for victims of a local killer.

For the record, I do believe this guy is local- if not currently, he was at one point. Perhaps they have reason to believe the guy is on the run, or he is in a job that allows him frequent travel to other states where people would recognize him. JMO. These billboards are expensive, and there are a ton of different cases they could use them on- to dedicate 6000 to a single case and to put them in 46 different states means they have probably more than just a hunch he might be jumping state lines, at least IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a question....

Could it be that since the perp has not been arrested yet, that many people who know him have not made the connection because possibly he is wearing a fake mustache? Just thinking out loud.

JMO

SBM

Just curious...what brings you to the conclusion that he's fulfilling a fantasy he's had for decades?
-

Peoples sexual appetites usually don't change. Evidently, he can't control his criminal impulses.

The risk when he's looking at death or 30 years, what would cause someone to take that risk?

I suspect it's like JonBenet Ramsey, with different types of victims. I think the person that committed that crime in Boulder had thought about that very crime hundreds of times.

Don't you think we'll find out in Indiana the Perp fantasized about controlling, terrorizing, and raping?

-

Nothing would shock or surprise me about this case. But...I no longer believe RL had anything to do with it. I think, IMO, BG came from the south, and never went more than half way out that bridge.

And for general interest, I will note... Indiana Packers Corp is barely 1.5 miles from the Bridge. In fact, it is a 300 yard walk through a field from IPC to Highway N625W. Also note, N625W runs from right near IPC, and is the very road that runs under the Monon High Bridge. IMO MOO JMO

I like the theory that he came from the South onto the bridge, walked past them and doubled back.

Would the shift change at IPC match up with the 1.5 m walk to the South end of bridge? With BG possibly pictured at 2:30? Another place he may have worked that let out for him to walk and be pictured at bridge at 2:30?

I don't have access to the posts where his pic is thought to be at 2:30.

JMO

I have a question....

Could it be that since the perp has not been arrested yet, that many people who know him have not made the connection because possibly he is wearing a fake mustache? Just thinking out loud.

JMO
Anything is possible at this point.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

-

Peoples sexual appetites usually don't change. Evidently, he can't control his criminal impulses.

The risk when he's looking at death or 30 years, what would cause someone to take that risk?

I suspect it's like JonBenet Ramsey, with different types of victims. I think the person that committed that crime in Boulder had thought about that very crime hundreds of times.

Don't you think we'll find out in Indiana the Perp fantasized about controlling, terrorizing, and raping?

-

I don't think it's fulfilling a fantasy because I believe it's something he's already done. Same thing with taking such a big risk - to him there's no risk because he'll get away with it like he's done before, OR like other repeat offenders he's paid the price before and doesn't care. He thinks about it and does it which might be fantasizing, but when I think "fantasizing" I think obsessively imagining something unfulfilled.

Yes, most people overestimate the deadliness of handguns. There's an online video by an anesthesiologist in which he reports five out of six people survive being shot with a handgun, and many people are able to run and/or fight even after being shot multiple times. So your best chance in that situation may be to ignore the gun and attack the perp's eyes, throat, groin, knees, etc. Rifle rounds, of course, are much more deadly.

Something I've heard for years, but have no idea how true it is, is that people are more likely to run if someone attempts to abduct/assault them with a gun than they are if they are threatened with a knife. I think there may be 2 reasons for that. One is that looking at the gun may make them believe that the person is more serious and likely to kill them. The other is that the person with the knife will probably chase them, and then use the weapon while the one with the gun is more likely to stand still and shoot. If they run and the person shoots at them (as some have alluded to here already), there is a possibility of the shot missing them or being non-lethal.

Of course, that my be different if there are 2 or more victims; I'd guess someone with a knife wouldn't be likely to try to chase the one running if it meant having to release the other one. MOO

This case hurts my heart. I joined Websleuths July 14, 2012, the day after Lizzie and Lyric were reported missing. I live in Iowa and it was on our local news...I googled the girls and that's how I ended up here. I had such confidence that their case would be solved at the beginning! But as the months, then years (years!) went by...nothing. And now, I have given up hope that their case will be solved. I have followed Libby and Abby's case since the beginning as well, and while I personally do not think the two are related, I can't help but look into my own crystal ball and feel like I will be in the same position in 4 years.

I hope not. If/when an arrest is made in either (both!!!) case, someone can send me a message telling me I should smash that **** crystal ball.

Leave our girls alone!!!

Thanks so much for your post and joining us. I have felt the same way today but could not find the words without sounding negative or being Debbie Downer. My other "pet case", NOCO (see signature for reference) appears to be Stone Cold 2 years later, (as well as others here, L and L, Adrienne Salinas...) despite a Northern Colorado Task Force comprised of various agencies too secret to even release lol ( Foxfire mentioned Counter Terrorisn Unit as a possibility, anyway yeah, the latest msm in NOCO is that 3 agencies are pulling out. Just like here already ("we have to get back to the backup in our own jurisdictions...").

I just don't know about this one. How this is going to turn out. Not feeling overly optimistic at the moment. But I'm all about remaining positive.

I thought they had already said they did collect DNA?
-
I think the likelihood is they have DNA.

That would mean they have no hits. That means the guy isn't in the system.

I know the hyper-technical arguments, but there is common sense. If there was a hit in the DNA database, there would be an arrest, or a huge manhunt, that would be utilizing the public.

All the stuff about them having figured it out, but for some mysterious reason haven't moved - I think they said that for two years in the JonBenet case.

Why do I think it likely they have DNA? The crime stats point to this being sexual, and the victims were found very fast, extremely fast, for these types of cases.

The Perp was fulfilling a fantasy that he's had for decades, IMO.

-

Sorry, this is NOT a fact... just a strange guess I made that they were tied up and died from exposure.. .thus the "twist."

Pay no attention to this,

Definitely that would be a twist. I think he said it in relation to what makes it a hard case to solve. But maybe an unexpected injury and/or cause of death would be the twist.

Thinking about our late great Foxfire, what he'd have to say, my guess is seasoned predator. Possible military and hunter. Stalked and planned. Ain't his first rodeo. MOO.

And he used to say "there's a reason he's gone undetected for so long...".

He has owned the place 53 years according to the county. He may have owned some rental property or other property he may have inherited. His ex wife lives in Deltona FL.
I think maybe at some point his address was changed from a rural route number to a street address.

Thinking about our late great Foxfire, what he'd have to say, my guess is seasoned predator. Possible military and hunter. Stalked and planned. Ain't his first rodeo. MOO.

You have mo idea how many times lately i caught myself hitting the Messenger icon with his pic to talk to him... miss hom like crazy ..i too miss his expertise input here too.

I really like this post.

I don't think it's fulfilling a fantasy because I believe it's something he's already done. Same thing with taking such a big risk - to him there's no risk because he'll get away with it like he's done before, OR like other repeat offenders he's paid the price before and doesn't care. He thinks about it and does it which might be fantasizing, but when I think "fantasizing" I think obsessively imagining something unfulfilled.

I understand how this might seem true, however unconscious fantasies are enduring, motivating and not subject to becoming satisfied once fulfilled. In fact, it is just the opposite. Once it is fulfilled, the urge becomes stronger and more compelling.

Age has nothing to do with it. A team from the FBI spent an entire day searching his property. They will know if he had any involvement in this crime after processing any evidence found that day.

I don't see any value in sluthing this guy besides being on the side that was right when all the facts are presented.

This is going to be the 3rd weekend where nothing useful gets discussed, imo, because all the talk will be about a person already sitting in a jail cell.

We will see. :wave: I wonder why he's on their hinky meters. I don't know....

Maybe he saw something...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member