IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
-

I see the issue differently. There is no tolerance for anything but a sympathetic portrayal of the land owner.

He didn't help the Investigation, and there's an excellent argument that he redirected resources thereby hurting the Investigation.

-

THIS PEOPLE^^^^^^ I'm really tired of hearing how persecuted this man is. He CHOSE to not help the investigation of two little girls who were murdered. We heard that from LE that he was not honest in his alibi. If it were your child and this guy didn't step up and do everything he could to help,,,?? Would you still feel sorry for Grandpa RL and his dog? Again, he impeded the investigation of two children.

From the photo I can't seeRL as BG. I mean they do share some similarity but there are thousands of people they look more like BG than RL does. But unfortunately RL provide not 100% true alibi. As his previous DUIs suggest, he can not make right critical decisions. He should have know that lying in this kind of situation will get huge consequence, but again he made bad choices. So sad for this case. There is no DNA left, BG can squeeze more free days because of that. But he will get caught if he strikes again. MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am sure I am not the only one who gets exhausted going in circles about the photo, about RL as suspect, and so on. Part of me wants to debate and analyze round and round just because I want to keep interest in the case alive. But I am tempted to just withdraw and wait for some new word from LE--an official statement clearing RL, DNA findings, COD, or a new suspect named.

What I don't want to see happen is a bunch of good people just keep frustrating each other over the same storylines. We are all on the side of good...and of wanting good for Libby and Abby and their community.

I continue to hope that LE will come through on their "we are making progress quietly" claim.

This ^^^^^ Great post!!!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I hope it is ok to state my opinion.

The picture of BG , when I squint my eyes just right, as sick as this sounds, I see a guy pulling up his pants.
Please do state your opinion that is why we are here. To talk about differing opinions and ones that are alike. Thanks!

Very true. We have no idea what is contained in that SW. It may very well have to do with a friend, neighbor, family member, employee, or any other person that could have had access to RL's home, property, and truck. However, the ONLY person that had access to these things that we are allowed to sleuth is RL himself. In addition, I would point out that LE has stated that the search conducted was specifically to rule RL out or move him higher on the suspect list. To be fair, they have also said he is NOT a suspect - which seems curious and a little contradictory to me.

So true. I hope that because of my post people don't begin to sleuth the unsleuthable (new word. lol) here. I understand LE stated they hope to rule RL out or move him further up the suspect list. But, considering the girls were found on RL's land suggests to me that LE would be on the lookout during the warrant search for anything the warrant covered whether or not it was related to RL directly or related to anyone else who may have had access to his residence.

Excuse me, but he lied in his alibi. And resources were taken away to deal with HIM instead of finding the killer. He's probably not the killer, but his "self-preservation" has not helped the investigation. And the families and community will continue to suffer because of it.
Please link to where it has been established he lied about his alibi? I believe this is just speculation that has been adopted as fact by some.

I will be among the first to post I was wrong to consider RL being possibly complicit if and when we are given definitive information stating such.

Today's court appearance had absolutely nothing to do with the warrant served on his property. I'm going to wait patiently for the results. I am no longer going to try to defend my thoughts. But I feel better waiting for police to say, "Hey, we found nothing during our SW". Then I will be satisfied.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Very well stated and I agree with you

Appreciate this! I definitely felt a bit rammed earlier when I shared my opinion.

As did I.
I don't even believe that RL is BG. However, I still believe that he seemed to be enjoying his television interviews, however, and relished his 15 minutes of fame-at least until he got sent to jail.
Several people have expressed similar opinions and some were worded much more harshly than mine. Yet I was heavily lectured.
I still think that RL could be involved-either indirectly (his buildings were used for part of the crime or it's someone that works for him or stays with him) or directly (he knew the person that did it and helped cover it up).
I realize that today went in his favor, but until the perp is caught and brought to trial, I am not discounting much of anything.

Please link to where it has been established he lied about his alibi? I believe this is just speculation that has been adopted as fact by some.

The speculation came from the video that was filmed on RL's property when they were reporting on the search warrant. LE made reference to some alibis not checking out. Does anyone have this link handy? It did seem clear that they were hinting to RL's alibi but not definitively stated. Jmo.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I see it another way. I don't expect everyone to be sympathetic to the land owner but they certainly shouldn't be accusing him of murder. For goodness sakes he hasn't been charged with murder.
Please alert a mod if you see anyone accuse him and they will delete said post.

THIS PEOPLE^^^^^^ I'm really tired of hearing how persecuted this man is. He CHOSE to not help the investigation of two little girls who were murdered. We heard that from LE that he was not honest in his alibi. If it were your child and this guy didn't step up and do everything he could to help,,,?? Would you still feel sorry for Grandpa RL and his dog? Again, he impeded the investigation of two children.
This man doesn't need to "step up and do everything he could to help". Please. If someone doesn't want to get involved that's their choice. I would want to keep as far away from any investigation or anything to do with police if I could.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

In fairness, we heard from LE that someone was not truthful with their alibi. Not that RL wasn't truthful.

I think it's easy enough to connect those dots, but we cannot definitively based on what LE has told us.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

-
They said what RL told them wasn't adding up.

They didn't search his house because they were interested in his hobbies. LE reacted to being misled by RL and its clear as day.

-

The comments that call him a murderer, monster who killed children, etc. are removed quickly. Tonight has been very calm compared to previous nights. MOO
I have not seen these type of posts, but I wholeheartedly agree that they are definitely uncalled for and am appreciative of the fast acting mods who delete them quickly.

In addition, I would point out that LE has stated that the search conducted was specifically to rule RL out or move him higher on the suspect list. To be fair, they have also said he is NOT a suspect - which seems curious and a little contradictory to me.

(Emphasis mine, attempted to bold but didn't work so just cut the quote down to the pertinent point, and ha of course the bolding works now. Oy vey, its late!)
Huh, you know you raise a great point with that and the seeming contradiction there that I had never considered or noticed before. Wouldn't be the first time we've been left a bit confused by LE and their statements and I'm sure they spoke that way with an abundance of caution but I tend to agree he must (and rightfully really, just being the land owner) be a POI. Here's hoping they get that evidence back soon and we hear something one way or the other.

Rl *could still be a "sweet, old guy." Alcoholism is a disease. It's not a malicious thing that you do. I'm just saying, is it fair to call names based on his decisions as an alcoholic? Would it be fair to judge someone who has depression or bipolar disorder the same way? It just seems counterintuitive to actually helping those with mental illness.
Jmo

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Well I'm sure you can find where they said that things in his alibi didn't ad up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli