IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, well, then I remain confused as to why we are allowed to sleuth him. It's pretty obvious LE considers him a POI.
Tricia's first sentence… Because of the probable cause search warrant.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

-

I see the issue differently. There is no tolerance for anything but a sympathetic portrayal of the land owner.

He didn't help the Investigation, and there's an excellent argument that he redirected resources thereby hurting the Investigation.

-

I see it another way. I don't expect everyone to be sympathetic to the land owner but they certainly shouldn't be accusing him of murder. For goodness sakes he hasn't been charged with murder.

But he has indeed impeded the investigation.

Do we know this as fact?
Have LE stated that RL actually changed his alibi or stopped co-operating in regards to the girls murders? And i'm not saying he did or didn't just curious if they said RL specifically...

I'm thinking RL may not be in hurry to return home, knows something, maybe acting as a decoy fall guy ...OR, if involved,saw girls on return from dump??

RBBM
I don't know about anyone here but I certainly would not want to be touted as a decoy fall girl EVER in a crime this serious. I doubt that happens very often if at all without repercussions. MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. They would charge him if they had anything, at this point, before he was released. Or before he was granted bond.

It's not standard to hike bail for another, alleged crime but it does happen.

I don't see any evidence of any federal crimes. And no reason the feds would charge a suspect even if there was something that technically allowed for federal charges as long as there were more viable, chargeable state offenses.

Let's be super clear about this. I know people want to cast RL as a kindly, befuddled grandpa who made a small mistake but the reality is he wasn't 20. These are multiple counts of drinking and driving on various occasions when he was an adult, just a few years ago.

And he did it repeatedly, even after having been caught and arrested.

Normal, responsible, mature adults who do not have serious alcohol problems don;t continually break the law in that manner, after getting caught once. And frankly, it is extremely rare for a person to get caught the only time they drive drunk. It's impossible that he got caught several times and doesn't have a serious problem.

Please ask MADD if this man is just a sweet old guy who made a small error.

Regardless, none of this is related the murder of the girls, but posts keep trying to almost cast this guy as an angel who is being crucified by the law and any who are defending the investigation and i think that goes a bit far.
For saying it like it is, a giant THANK YOU. Gitana1.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I am sure I am not the only one who gets exhausted going in circles about the photo, about RL as suspect, and so on. Part of me wants to debate and analyze round and round just because I want to keep interest in the case alive. But I am tempted to just withdraw and wait for some new word from LE--an official statement clearing RL, DNA findings, COD, or a new suspect named.

What I don't want to see happen is a bunch of good people just keep frustrating each other over the same storylines. We are all on the side of good...and of wanting good for Libby and Abby and their community.

I continue to hope that LE will come through on their "we are making progress quietly" claim.

I tempted to do the same. IMO there is not much more that we can discuss on here without going in more circles unless we get some more information.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree. They would charge him if they had anything, at this point, before he was released. Or before he was granted bond.

It's not standard to hike bail for another, alleged crime but it does happen.

I don't see any evidence of any federal crimes. And no reason the feds would charge a suspect even if there was something that technically allowed for federal charges as long as there were more viable, chargeable state offenses.

Let's be super clear about this. I know people want to cast RL as a kindly, befuddled grandpa who made a small mistake but the reality is he wasn't 20. These are multiple counts of drinking and driving on various occasions when he was an adult, just a few years ago.

And he did it repeatedly, even after having been caught and arrested.

Normal, responsible, mature adults who do not have serious alcohol problems don;t continually break the law in that manner, after getting caught once. And frankly, it is extremely rare for a person to get caught the only time they drive drunk. It's impossible that he got caught several times and doesn't have a serious problem.

Please ask MADD if this man is just a sweet old guy who made a small error.

Regardless, none of this is related the murder of the girls, but posts keep trying to almost cast this guy as an angel who is being crucified by the law and any who are defending the investigation and i think that goes a bit far.

Love and appreciate your posts! If I could only express myself as well as you.... Some of mine might not be deleted! Wonderfully articulated!

Honestly, that couldn't be further from the truth. There was absolutely zero sleuthing of you on my part. [emoji22]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Anyone here that has known me for a while, knows that I am the biggest LE supporter around and I have the scars to prove it..but I have to say this:

If the FBI, ISP, local police and DA's office have been "impeded" by RL's lie, then we really have a lot to worry about.

Come on, people. I understand that RL shouldn't have lied, he should have been straight up from the get go..and yes-that is purely selfish, but if all of those LE agencies can't handle someone lying (which happens ALL.THE.TIME in investigations), then they are probably in the wrong line of work.

IOW, I don't think RL's lie impeded anything. You are selling LE very short.

Is he a selfish :censored: for lying to cover his own *advertiser censored**? You bet!
Do I think he should be punished for the laws he actually broke? Of course!

TBH, speaking for myself only, I really have no sympathy for the guy whatsoever..He made his bed..

I just happen to think RL is not BG. I also happen to think he did not commit the murders.

I think it would be a great idea for us to step back and breathe so we don't get our thread shut down.

I'll be in the corner if you need me. :couch:

I see it another way. I don't expect everyone to be sympathetic to the land owner but they certainly shouldn't be accusing him of murder. For goodness sakes he hasn't been charged with murder.

Who has accused him of murder in your opinion? Could you provide a link to that type of comment so I can understand what you view as accusing?

Re search warrants (old info from mid march)

http://fox59.com/2017/03/13/police-...est-a-month-into-delphi-murder-investigation/

Doesn't say how many of each.

Thanks, I hadn't seen that article

What really stands out to me is
Investigators have served approximately 70 search warrants and subpoenas, some as far away as Peru in Miami County, and checked on the probation status of dozens of sex offenders, many of whom were cleared as suspects in the murders based on interviews, alibis or polygraph examinations.

Besides RL not being cleared, at this time, I wonder who else has not been cleared?

MOO!! (eta) lol I forgot

Am I the only one who feels uncomfortable that RL was out and about and in the general area where the girls were left? I'd really like to know where he went after going to the Transfer Station.

And had he seen anything unusual, certainly he would have said something to LE.

And where the heck did BG come from and why did no
one see him? How did he know he was going to come across 2 young girls?

The timing to the TS bothers me as it seems to coincide with the girls.

Not really saying anything here other than I feel.....
uncomfortable.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
I will be among the first to post I was wrong to consider RL being possibly complicit if and when we are given definitive information stating such.

Today's court appearance had absolutely nothing to do with the warrant served on his property. I'm going to wait patiently for the results. I am no longer going to try to defend my thoughts. But I feel better waiting for police to say, "Hey, we found nothing during our SW". Then I will be satisfied.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Who has accused him of murder in your opinion? Could you provide a link to that type of comment so I can understand what you view as accusing?

The comments that call him a murderer, monster who killed children, etc. are removed quickly. Tonight has been very calm compared to previous nights. MOO

Logan admitted to breaking those terms by drinking alcohol at a Pizza King in Americus, having access to his vehicle across the street from his house, and driving to the Carroll County Transfer Station on Feb. 13.

By pleading guilty to the charge, Logan will not face additional charges of false informing and obstruction of justice. When asked if the two dropped charges were related to the Delphi double homicide investigation, Bean said he couldn’t comment.

http://wane.com/2017/04/03/owner-of-delphi-property-where-teen-girls-found-dead-visited-dump/
Thank you for keeping us updated.

It is greatly appreciated !

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

Let ME be clear... I'm not saying RL is an angel or my grandpa sub. What I am saying is he doesn't 'fit the bill" (IMO) for being BG and at almost 78 he isn't the man who murdered these two teenagers. No angels here and I certainly wasn't one at anytime in my life and am not one now. All JMO

Appreciate this! I definitely felt a bit rammed earlier when I shared my opinion.

True, but it is possible that the murderer(s) may have had access to RL's outbuildings, home, and truck in addition to leaving/murdering those precious girls on RL's land. And, this may have been with or without RL's knowledge. In other words we don't know factually if RL did or didn't have a person or persons at his home that day, if a person or persons were staying with him or if a person or persons were doing work at his residence that day. We also don't know how long RL was away from his residence that day giving the murderer(s) access to RL's residence unbeknownst to RL.

They sure put great effort into that search, and I just don't know if they expended that kind of effort, resources, and money for each warrant they executed. Maybe they did. Plus, RL has 40 acres, outbuildings, a truck, and there would be a lot of potential evidence which would take more time than a small home on a smaller lot. Why the truck then? I don't know. But, it was a probable cause search warrant. I lean away from suspecting RL. But, it could be a person(s) he knows, a stranger(s), a neighbor(s) or an evil hiker(s) that may have gained access to one or more of the areas of RL's property that day.
Very true. We have no idea what is contained in that SW. It may very well have to do with a friend, neighbor, family member, employee, or any other person that could have had access to RL's home, property, and truck. However, the ONLY person that had access to these things that we are allowed to sleuth is RL himself. In addition, I would point out that LE has stated that the search conducted was specifically to rule RL out or move him higher on the suspect list. To be fair, they have also said he is NOT a suspect - which seems curious and a little contradictory to me.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Court docs: Property owner visited dump on day of Delphi killings

During a court hearing Monday, the property owner pleaded guilty to the probation violation and a new felony charge of being a habitual traffic violator.

As part of a plea agreement, charges of false informing and obstruction of justice were dropped, according to deputy prosecutor Jerry Bean.

Bean would not comment on the nature of the latter two charges. He declined to disclose what time the man visited the transfer station.

He will be sentenced 11 a.m. Monday and could face up to 4½ years in prison. His attorney, Andrew Achey, was not immediately available for comment.

A week after his arrest, police searched the property owner's home, outbuildings, automobiles and land as part of the ongoing investigation into Delphi's high-profile double homicide.

The search was the first time investigators had gathered evidence from inside his home. Previously, police had scoured the woods near Deer Creek where the girls' bodies were found.

As of Monday, Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said detectives are "still waiting" on that evidence to be processed. He stressed that the property owner has not been labelled a suspect.

The Journal & Courier is not naming the man because has not been arrested or charged in connection to the deaths of 14-year-old Liberty German and 13-year-old Abigail Williams, who first were reported missing Feb. 13 after hiking near Deer Creek east of Delphi.
Thanks for the updated information. Very much appreciated !

What are your thoughts on how the paragraph reads referring to the "first time the inside of his house" was searched ?

I agree, and wouldn't it be nice if we could move on? There are so many other topics to consider. I think this back and forth (which tbh I'm guilty of) isn't getting us anywhere.

Investigators told CBS4 that Logan’s unauthorized road trip on February 13, the day Liberty Germany and Abigail Williams disappeared, happened hours before the two girls were dropped off at a hiking trail east of town.

Logan is not considered a suspect in the killings.

http://cbs4indy.com/2017/04/03/owne...ving-to-county-dump-on-day-of-teens-killings/
Curious as to what you think about the authorities stating the dump run was hours before the girls were dropped off ?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members