IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #45

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do agree it's kind of bogus people are being sought on unrelated criminal matters while authorities are on the hunt for a dangerous murderer.

I think it is taking this long because that's how long it takes. Did the FBI leave because they were getting nowhere? Or because they believe the police have a handle on it and can wrap it up soon?
Now that you mention it.. at that press conference posted above, the fellow from FBI who says something like how FBI can help if the case is interjurisdictional, etc.. makes me wonder if now LE knows that it IS a local.. and so FBI resources aren't necessarily needed any more?

If not answered yet, they had already been found when that helecopter was up. It looked to me as though they were searching for "things". I had assumed things like: phone, clothing, weapon.aybe they didn't know exactly what. It also was when the idea planted in my head that they HAD crossed the stream.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Is the creek navigable by small boat? E.g. a fisherman ?

Now that you mention it.. at that press conference posted above, the fellow from FBI who says something like how FBI can help if the case is interjurisdictional, etc.. makes me wonder if now LE knows that it IS a local.. and so FBI resources aren't necessarily needed any more?

I don't think so. When the Iowa cousins disappeared, the FBI were immediately on the scene assisting with evidence collection and more. I think it was 2-5 weeks later that they left the investigation in the hands of local authorities. I don't see anything different happening here, and I don't think it can be assumed that leaving an investigation in the hands of local authorities means that the suspect lives near the crime scene.

Going back to the statement that the evidence gathered during the SW that was served at RL's on the 17th taking 4-6 wks to process, it's only been 3 weeks. I assume some of that information may have already come back, but this is definitely a case that requires LE to be as close to perfect in the execution of procedure as they can be. We still have 2 to 3 weeks before assuming all the evidence has been processed. I'm also curious if LE could be taking their time to match all evidence against other, similar crimes as they go along, as well, just to be on the safe side? This could take longer, as well. All this considered, I expect that we probably won't hear much until around or after the 24th of this month.

BBM;
Yes, quite perfect. And just jumping off your post I wanted to posit a different angle with regard to the property owner. Let's just say for the sake of argument, that RL is totally innocent but suddenly remembered something or wrestled with sharing information because of his legal misdeeds. Like he gave a ride to someone, hired someone, or some such thing. Then when he did share it, in the process of vetting that information LE uncovered these violations.

He could be a valuable witness, but if LE and the court did not come down hard on him and do their due diligence then any defense attorney surely would. They would crush him and discredit him in no uncertain terms.

Remember that aside from the victims themselves and their families this guy was hit hardest as his "pristine" environment was despoiled by the murder of 2 children. Perhaps, just perhaps, it took him some time to come forward with something and things " were not adding up" so when they took a look at it all they absolutely had to go through this most thorough, high profile process because it was "connected to the double homicide".

Just perhaps he had a key piece of info.

Just a different look.

JMO

I think its possible that when the girls bodies wear initially discovered that the manners of death were not initially blatantly apparent. I think this may be some of the reason for the odd wording of some of the statements that LE made early on. I think it may have only become fully apparent to LE initially that that there was foul play when they watched the video from the phone....JMO
I am pretty certain in the first press conference LE stated they were investigating it as a double homicide.

I have wondered about the searchers in the water too. In the helicopter footage from the search the day the girl were found, they are forming a human chain in the creek. It appears they are down just a few hundred feet from where the girls were found. Had they been found yet? I am curious because there were at least two helicopters flying all around the area and yet they were found by ground searchers. I am rambling but what I am trying to say is... the girls should have been visible from the air. One of them was wearing a tye died shirt. that has me thinking they may have been hidden or obscured.
That helicopter video was from after the girls had been found.

It's *got* to be embarrassing, imho, for the more local police forces (Carroll County?), to have it found when a wider police presence comes in to assist, that there might be many instances of people walking around that have warrants out against them, or whatever, and they've kind of just let them slide? In one article it said that 13 arrests (or was it 12) had been made as a result of looking into *this* case, but for which the charges were related to something other than this case. IIRC, it said 5 of those had been 'local'. Could 'embarrassment' be why they're proceeding with making these other arrests at this time?

First video...... how can the statement be made that this community should feel safe????

Always my opinion only [emoji230]

I heard about this case on our local news, and remember when LE released the BG pictures and voice clip. Our news doesn't cover Abby and Libby's murders regularly so I figured someone would identify BG and he'd be arrested. A month after the murders he'd still not been arrested so it interested me. I think, for me, going back to the beginning and watching news reports and LE interviews help me hear and see things I've never heard or seen.

In this video, from February 15, 2017, Sheriff Tobe Leazenby's response to the journalist's question
is, as far as my experience, the kind of response given when police know that a murder, one way or the other, is personal and that the killer is someone close to the victim/victims. MOO.

And to me this response by Sheriff Tobe Leazenby is the most mysterious and enigmatic thing about this police investigation.

[video=youtube;u_WNHtqEUBo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_WNHtqEUBo&app=desktop[/video]

2:07 Reporter: "Should people in this community be worried about someone running around targeting kids?"

2:13 Sheriff Tobe Leazenby: "My response is no, I feel safe for this community"

I also have been perplexed about that statement from the moment I heard him say that too, especially so very early on . however if he was insinuating that it was personal ;
committed by someone within the circle of one of the girls' families, I don't know how in the world have they not connected those dots by now.

btw randomness:::: I have always heard the recording as "go down the hill" not "down the hill". It's clear as day to my ears. it does sound like he scrunches the first two words together as if they were one but it's there. "GODOWN the hill " so it makes it sound like there's only three syllables still however I hear 4 words and three syllables, if that makes sense.

I heard about this case on our local news, and remember when LE released the BG pictures and voice clip. Our news doesn't cover Abby and Libby's murders regularly so I figured somone would identify BG and he'd be arrested. A month after the murders he'd still not been arrested to it interested me. I think, for me, going back to the beginning and watching news reports and LE interviews help me hear and see things I've never heard or seen.

I totally hear you Bemused. A couple of weeks ago I was starting to find that my mind was in a muddle and I thought to myself "go back to the beginning," before all the information sharing, both LE, MSM, and even here. I started back at thread #1. Unfortunately, it is hard to go back through the threads and keep up with the current ones too!

I am sure that it would be a great thing to do though.

I heard about this case on our local news, and remember when LE released the BG pictures and voice clip. Our news doesn't cover Abby and Libby's murders regularly so I figured somone would identify BG and he'd be arrested. A month after the murders he'd still not been arrested to it interested me. I think, for me, going back to the beginning and watching news reports and LE interviews help me hear and see things I've never heard or seen.

Someone knows the suspect, and recognized his voice and photo. Everyone has at least one of the following: family member, friend, co-worker, friend, dentist, etc. The person's name is either buried in the tips, or someone is covering for the suspect - someone like a companion who doesn't want to lose the companionship of the suspect.

How long did it take LE to make a statement about the Bicycle Road SW? I can't remember exactly what was said.

That property was searched Thursday evening, so before the Sunday flurry of activity.

Officers served the search warrant beginning sometime between 6:30 and 7 p.m. Feb. 16 at a residence in the 11000 block of West Bicycle Bridge Road, according to Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley.
http://www.pharostribune.com/news/local_news/article_c2c520d2-f4ac-11e6-9d31-0bfd4dd16b49.html

"There's nobody that's been arrested at this time," he said.
http://www.wthr.com/article/search-...ly-farm-in-connection-with-two-murdered-teens

I have wondered about the searchers in the water too. In the helicopter footage from the search the day the girl were found, they are forming a human chain in the creek. It appears they are down just a few hundred feet from where the girls were found. Had they been found yet? I am curious because there were at least two helicopters flying all around the area and yet they were found by ground searchers. I am rambling but what I am trying to say is... the girls should have been visible from the air. One of them was wearing a tye died shirt. that has me thinking they may have been hidden or obscured.

In the scanner communication it was not mentioned that their bodies were covered. But something isn't right with the search, IMO. 2 girls bodies, a tie died t shirt, searchers with flashlights the night before and a helicopter that morning started at daylight. They should have been found before midday IMO.

I totally hear you Bemused. A couple of weeks ago I was starting to find that my mind was in a muddle and I thought to myself "go back to the beginning," before all the information sharing, both LE, MSM, and even here. I started back at thread #1. Unfortunately, it is hard to go back through the threads and keep up with the current ones too!

I am sure that it would be a great thing to do though.

Definitely a good source of opinions and information like the media thread at WS, but I meant news reports and interviews with principals in the case such as LE as the case was unfolding. Even after a month I've confused a lot of details because there is just so much to absorb. Something I may have missed like a verbatim statement from LE maybe takes a different turn on second or third listen, too. I didn't recall anyone saying FBI had ruled out a SK until watching an early report last night. MOO

I don't think so. When the Iowa cousins disappeared, the FBI were immediately on the scene assisting with evidence collection and more. I think it was 2-5 weeks later that they left the investigation in the hands of local authorities. I don't see anything different happening here, and I don't think it can be assumed that leaving an investigation in the hands of local authorities means that the suspect lives near the crime scene.
That is helpful to know that FBI left in the same manner in another similar-ish case. I was just throwing it out there, based on what the FBI person had said during the PC as to how they could assist.. and now they are gone, so does this then equate to them not being needed to assist in that regard any longer. In any event, perhaps it is coincidental, but it seems that since the various troops left the area, it *has* been rather quiet, ie doesn't seem like any call outs from LE for people to call in with info on BG, and talk about going back over alibis and etc from people they've already questioned, etc. Also perhaps making a large to-do in regard to RL's issues on unrelated matters, thinking potentially to take the public's mind and media's scrutiny off of what is going on behind the scenes. Probably just wishful thinking.

Someone knows the suspect, and recognized his voice and photo. Everyone has at least one of the following: family member, friend, co-worker, friend, dentist, etc. The person's name is either buried in the tips, or someone is covering for the suspect - someone like a companion who doesn't want to lose the companionship of the suspect.

I agree someone's identified him but LE hasn't publicly stated that. I should've been more clear. Thanks

I'm sure this has been brought up before in some capacity, but do we know if the anyone in the family or any friends of the family have been interviewed considered to be suspect? I absolutely in no way want to give the opinion that I think they have anything to do with it, but just knowing what I know of crime, it's not uncommon for it to be someone the girls knew in some capacity. It would also give a reason as to how the person might have known they were where they were. How old is the family member that dropped them off? Do they have an alibi? Again, I don't want to be insensitive, but I also wouldn't want to assume they are completely innocent either until it can be proven.

Definitely a good source of opinions and information like the media thread at WS, but I meant news reports and interviews with principals in the case such as LE as the case was unfolding. Even after a month I've confused a lot of details because there is just so much to absorb. Something I may have missed like a verbatim statement from LE maybe takes a different turn on second or third listen, too. I didn't recall anyone saying FBI had ruled out a SK until watching an early report last night. MOO
I don't think FBI has ruled it out necessarily, but rather, they said there hadn't been any info obtained thus far (at the point in time in which he said it), which led them to believe that it was a possibility. Same with the SM connection. Apparently they've come up with nothing to suggest that it was a contact made through SM, but I don't think they can necessarily rule it out (or at least they couldn't at the tiime they said they had found nothing to indicate that).

It's *got* to be embarrassing, imho, for the more local police forces (Carroll County?), to have it found when a wider police presence comes in to assist, that there might be many instances of people walking around that have warrants out against them, or whatever, and they've kind of just let them slide? In one article it said that 13 arrests (or was it 12) had been made as a result of looking into *this* case, but for which the charges were related to something other than this case. IIRC, it said 5 of those had been 'local'. Could 'embarrassment' be why they're proceeding with making these other arrests at this time?

I have read the arrests and court cases for the last couple of years in Carroll County as well as some of the surrounding and I believe they are inundated with crime associated with gangs, drug dealing and drug use. Theft, burglary, impaired driving, busting multiple people every day with drugs. Small towns, county sheriffs, how big could their force be? Then the appeals courts put them right back out. They need an overhaul of their judges and prosecutors.

I'm sure this has been brought up before in some capacity, but do we know if the anyone in the family or any friends of the family have been interviewed considered to be suspect? I absolutely in no way want to give the opinion that I think they have anything to do with it, but just knowing what I know of crime, it's not uncommon for it to be someone the girls knew in some capacity. It would also give a reason as to how the person might have known they were where they were. How old is the family member that dropped them off? Do they have an alibi? Again, I don't want to be insensitive, but I also wouldn't want to assume they are completely innocent either until it can be proven.
That type of scenario would be easier to consider if there weren't 2 girls from different families involved. However, there are likely numerous types of contacts that could potentially have had an issue with both girls? ie a fellow student? a fellow student and his/her dad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member