IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fwiw... The local signs I posted about a few days ago are no longer there... As of today.

50bd8764e8ee08b699af856417929620.jpg

I know I keep saying that I am a neophyte here. But this is because still have a lot of fundamental/basic questions.

For a while, the thought has been postulated that perhaps BG met one of the girls via SM. He might have posed as a young teenager. One of the girls might have expressed interested in him, and reached out to meet up with him in the park that day.

But this theory has no legs, right?

Because what I've learned from many of you, is that even if Libby's cell phone didn't exist, the text between the girls and BG would've been found by this point. Emails would've been found between them at this point. And then we would know who BG was. So, since the case seems to be sort of stalled at this point, and I mean it's not really stalled it's just that we're not finding out anything right now because LE is keeping their cards to their chests, then we can assume this entire ordeal was a random act?

I do not understand LE determining the search was of no haste since they did not suspect foul play. At that time, midnight, the two girls had been missing since 3pm when they did not show up at their meeting place. LE was notified at 5:30. For at least six hours, there was time to contact all relatives to ask if the girls were with them. They knew Liberty's phone pinged around town then, stopped. As a parent, that would be greatly alarming to me.
To me, if the killer had the phone, maybe the picture and the voice clip were a scheme from him.

I'm reading a lot of complicated theories (Abby was the target, she was brought back later or came back looking for Libby), victims hanging from trees, driven away, killed and bodies brought back, etc, etc...

None of this makes any sense to me. I generally subscribe to Occam's razor - in effect "keep it simple, stupid". Maybe it's because I am, in fact, stupid. :thinking:

I know I keep saying that I am a neophyte here. But this is because still have a lot of fundamental/basic questions.

For a while, the thought has been postulated that perhaps BG met one of the girls via SM. He might have posed as a young teenager. One of the girls might have expressed interested in him, and reached out to meet up with him in the park that day.

But this theory has no legs, right?

Because what I've learned from many of you, is that even if Libby's cell phone didn't exist, the text between the girls and BG would've been found by this point. Emails would've been found between them at this point. And then we would know who BG was. So, since the case seems to be sort of stalled at this point, and I mean it's not really stalled it's just that we're not finding out anything right now because LE is keeping their cards to their chests, then we can assume this entire ordeal was a random act?
In my case, i don't have info of the killer meeting the girls via email or text, imo was a casual encouter.

This is is a view from today?
This picture was from the day the signs went up. And someone had asked on here (the other day) if they were still trying to get tips locally... And I had mentioned yes... Because this sign was still up... And they were still playing the PSA radio add.

As of today, the sign was not there. Quite possibly could have been gone yesterday... Can't remember if I took that road yesterday. But I know a couple days ago it was still there.

I do not understand LE determining the search was of no haste since they did not suspect foul play. At that time, midnight, the two girls had been missing since 3pm when they did not show up at their meeting place. LE was notified at 5:30. For at least six hours, there was time to contact all relatives to ask if the girls were with them. They knew Liberty's phone pinged around town then, stopped. As a parent, that would be greatly alarming to me.

My reply was eaten up
Quickly, do you think that the parents will hold LE responsible for their lack of urgency on that first day, when all is said and done?

I feel enough time has passed that if BG were a local he would have been recognized by now.
I'm still leaning towards someone that was just passing through the area for whatever reason,work,visiting friends,family or a drifter that spends his time waiting for the right moment to attack.
He has done this before and will do this again and the billboards make me think LE know this all too well. Maybe this is the first time they have his voice and image and that's why the huge amount of billboards were placed around the US.
A very similar crime is of course the abduction and murder of Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins in Evansdale Iowa in 2012. Evansdale is 401 Miles from Delphi Indiana and around 6hrs drive.
I think a double homicide of two young girls happening in such a close distance is surely more than a coincidence. Lyric's parents were accused of having heavy drug links but since nobody was charged there was obviously no connection to the girls murders and they're murderer got away.
Another case involving the disappearance of two young girls is the case of Lauria Bible and Ashley Freeman on December 30th 1999 in Vinita, Oklahoma. They were having a sleepover at Ashley's when an intruder murdered both her parents and burned the house down. No sign of the girls has ever been found despite numerous leads that have all eventuated in nothing. Vinita, Oklahoma is 620 miles from Delphi Indiana, approximately 9 hrs 20 minutes drive.
This is all purely speculation and i'm probably way off but I am going to keep searching the surrounding states of Indiana to see if I can find any other cases of two girls missing together,you just never know....

I'm reading a lot of complicated theories (Abby was the target, she was brought back later or came back looking for Libby), victims hanging from trees, driven away, killed and bodies brought back, etc, etc...

None of this makes any sense to me. I generally subscribe to Occam's razor - in effect "keep it simple, stupid". Maybe it's because I am, in fact, stupid. :thinking:

I agree with you except the stupid part.

This picture was from the day the signs went up. And someone had asked on here (the other day) if they were still trying to get tips locally... And I had mentioned yes... Because this sign was still up... And they were still playing the PSA radio add.

As of today, the sign was not there. Quite possibly could have been gone yesterday... Can't remember if I took that road yesterday. But I know a couple days ago it was still there.

Gosh it must have been creepy to see that sign!

Looking at the videos of that bridge, with it's missing sections, no handrails, etc, I'm surprised no one has been injured or killed from a fall. I would think the city would have the good sense to fence it off until it is either demolished or upgraded. I know that it wasn't the fault of the unsafe conditions which led to the tragic death of these two children, but I could definitely see wanting to set a match to the thing, had one of them been my child. It looks like a lawsuit waiting to happen, IMO.

Since there has not been any New developments in the case, do you think they will release some of the video to help the public try to identify, BG..

I feel enough time has passed that if BG were a local he would have been recognized by now.
I'm still leaning towards someone that was just passing through the area for whatever reason,work,visiting friends,family or a drifter that spends his time waiting for the right moment to attack.
He has done this before and will do this again and the billboards make me think LE know this all too well. Maybe this is the first time they have his voice and image and that's why the huge amount of billboards were placed around the US.
A very similar crime is of course the abduction and murder of Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins in Evansdale Iowa in 2012. Evansdale is 401 Miles from Delphi Indiana and around 6hrs drive.
I think a double homicide of two young girls happening in such a close distance is surely more than a coincidence. Lyric's parents were accused of having heavy drug links but since nobody was charged there was obviously no connection to the girls murders and they're murderer got away.
Another case involving the disappearance of two young girls is the case of Lauria Bible and Ashley Freeman on December 30th 1999 in Vinita, Oklahoma. They were having a sleepover at Ashley's when an intruder murdered both her parents and burned the house down. No sign of the girls has ever been found despite numerous leads that have all eventuated in nothing. Vinita, Oklahoma is 620 miles from Delphi Indiana, approximately 9 hrs 20 minutes drive.
This is all purely speculation and i'm probably way off but I am going to keep searching the surrounding states of Indiana to see if I can find any other cases of two girls missing together,you just never know....

Excellent points you have brought up.
i mean I have to agree with you about BG not being a local. At this point someone would have recognized him!

But boy, if this was a transient, he got lucky.

Gosh it must have been creepy to see that sign!
Umm yeah. This is near the 625/200 intersection. They were actually stopping vehicles and doing a quick have you heard/seen anything.. That first day. They have them on other local roads too.

This case is hard because is not connection between the girls and the murderer.

IMO, the killer was waiting for anyone, then the girls were walking and he take advantage of that and kill them, and i think that kill for him is a sport or game, and the voice clip and the picture maybe were a mistake.

To me, he is going to kill again to improve his skills. I hope to be wrong.

Since there has not been any New developments in the case, do you think they will release some of the video to help the public try to identify, BG..

I don't think it's possible whatever is on the audio and video is very bad in my opinion or they would have done so already.

I've always agreed with Occam's in this case and have stated it before. But my theory is that someone close to the girls did this. Thus it could possibly be right under LE's nose. Although alibis may be covered up and never discovered.

The Sheriff of the county would be the lead investigator in my state, as well. I recall one official stating, "It is on the east side of Delphi" but I could be mistaken and he said it is east of Delphi.

RL did have a rural route address, at one time, but that is no longer the case.

RL doesn't have city trash pickup. So I believe he is not in the city limits. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x