IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #48

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jethro, I wanted to thank you for that LIDAR map that you posted. I had spent a lot of time on google earth trying to find that little water source on that picture I posted. I even watched the 30 minutes news footage but couldn't quite find it. I looked at your map and I pretty much found it right away. It helped to confirm the placement of the yellow tape so thx again. :)
If you go to:

http://maps.indiana.edu/index.html

You can get to the mapping and overlays/layers that are available and construct the map you want. The interface is a bit tedious to work with. You can also download the KMZ files from the layer description pages that you can then load as layers in Google Earth if you prefer to use that.

If you go to the National Weather Service and go to the local forecast for Delphi and then scroll down the bottom there should be a link for the hydrology and from that you can find the Deer Creek flow and depth gage. I believe if you go to the page for the specific gage you can get to the USGS site for that location and you can play with different water levels graphically and see what floods - but if I am mistaken about it being the USGS site then it will be the Weather Service hydrological site instead.

I honestly have no idea, but I do think it's plausible....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that's his natural attitude of keeping head down and arms positioned with hands in pockets. IMO

I have missed a day here and there, didn't realize that there was a previous encounter between the three. Do you or anyone have a link to that? TIA

When I get time, I will go back through the threads. Or maybe someone else will remember which link before me. If I remember correctly, LE suggested (during a pc maybe?) there was evidence of a previous encounter (the same day) prior to the incident where the photo they shared was snapped.

Hello
I am pretty new to this WS Forum --
Can someone tell me how to get the scanner AandL thread, and what is the basement?
Thanks!

If you go to:

http://maps.indiana.edu/index.html

You can get to the mapping and overlays/layers that are available and construct the map you want. The interface is a bit tedious to work with. You can also download the KMZ files from the layer description pages that you can then load as layers in Google Earth if you prefer to use that.

If you go to the National Weather Service and go to the local forecast for Delphi and then scroll down the bottom there should be a link for the hydrology and from that you can find the Deer Creek flow and depth gage. I believe if you go to the page for the specific gage you can get to the USGS site for that location and you can play with different water levels graphically and see what floods - but if I am mistaken about it being the USGS site then it will be the Weather Service hydrological site instead.

New toys!! :loveyou: I can't wait!

When I get time, I will go back through the threads. Or maybe someone else will remember which link before me. If I remember correctly, LE suggested (during a pc maybe?) there was evidence of a previous encounter (the same day) prior to the incident where the photo they shared was snapped.

This would make sense on why Libby was so spooked , but makes me wonder why they then put themselves in a vulnerable position by crossing the bridge.

Oh goodness, I wasn't worried about credit! :D I was joining in to say in fiddling with it, I couldn't believed how young he now looked next to Abby.

I will tell you what was worse it that he didn't look menacing in that frame of reference. I was taken aback by that and wondered at what point did he show his true self? Did they think that he looked benign at first, before filming?

Well... I'm in a very minute minority of those who think he was not targeting the girls. I'm not sure what there was about him that attracted their attention. If there was a second person at the se end of the bridge, maybe he said something that alerted them to BG?

There is no one scenario that makes sense to me.

I can't remember who said their thanks button disappeared. If you reload the page it will reappear.

Hello
I am pretty new to this WS Forum --
Can someone tell me how to get the scanner AandL thread, and what is the basement?
Thanks!
If someone hasn't beaten me to it:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ty-German-and-Abigail-Williams-Scanner-Thread

Anything that is posted there can't be discussed on this thread. And, general stuff related to this case that is not scanner related can't be discussed there.

The "basement" is another name for the scanner sub-forum. Longer term members will correct me if I have that wrong.

This is the image where I can deffo see a baseball cap , he looks pretty casual as well. Not like he is about to kidnappe and kill 2 people.

I still want to go know what alarmed the girls about him being there.

I think WebSites photo of BG where the face pixels are aligned makes him look even younger still. And ruled out my question of whether it was hair or a hat. Now I think hat for sure IMO. I agree he seems casual just Never know what these people are thinking and it's freaky

I have and do think that he was not aware that he was being recorded. Iirc Liberty (if she's the one that recorded) was 70-80 feet away, that is a distance away. I do think he was watching his step on that bridge. I honestly believe had he known he would have destroyed the phone.
She may have left the phone on to record the conversation that accured or that could have been accidental, we don't know that. I kbown that LE has stated that she had the presence of mind to record, but honestly he doesn't know that as well. Jmo

It's just a dang shame that with the image/audio there is still no arrest. Jmo

I'll say one thing about the image of BG after studying it over and over. I think we would have a fighting chance at identifying this guy if we could just see his eyes. Part of me wonders if maybe instead of looking down at his steps, if bg actually knows that Libby was recording Abby and was trying to avoid being recorded. I know many times natural reaction is to cower your head when you don't want to be videoed or photographed.....fwiw JMO moo

Edit to add: the eyes are the key to the soul

Have not ever seen or heard that. In the initial PC's LE said one of two things happened (I'm re-capping, not quoting) - either it was a chance encounter (which LE characterized as doubtful), or someone knew they would be there.

I think there's room for an opportunist killer having some basic information, which could be as simple as seeing them dropped off and stalking them, knowing from the drop off that they weren't part of a larger group or with any adults. It could be from SM, or unintended info through friends of the girls in SM exchanges. Could be he'd watched them before in that area (there was an article that said Libby and her sister went to the trails together at times), and a friend of Libby's said the bridge was one of her favorite spots.

Maybe there was another encounter that same day, but again, that could be as simple as they passed him and he creeped them out, or he attempted a conversation lure to see if they were easy marks and they blew him off. But LE has never to my knowledge confirmed evidence any other encounter.

All we have to go on is a blurry photo. I think the girls could clearly make out what BG had under his coat. If it was a gun I think that's when they started recording. There are no firearms allowed on the trail. At least that's what one of the signs says where you can park and get on the trail.

I have a question, hoping for some input on my thoughts to the answer..

Since the FBI was already on scene February 14th BEFORE the girls were found , why would that be?

There would be zero reason for them to be there for a search. Remember the night before, when the search was called off, there was zero concern about foul play .

My thought.. local LE found Libby's cell phone uploads from the cloud later that night and called in the FBI.

In MOO..

Also I'm pretty sure the FBI has left the investigation because #1) no electronic crime was committed ( catfishing) and #2 no crime was committed across state lines. This crime is not what the FBI does with local/state crime.

When I say I'm pretty sure, I'm confident that I'm right

Still MOO though [emoji12]

IIRC, when this was mentioned many threads ago a source was requested and I don't believe anyone was ever able to provide one. If it was said I'd be very interested in hearing it. TIA

I have and do think that he was not aware that he was being recorded. Iirc Liberty (if she's the one that recorded) was 70-80 feet away, that is a distance away. I do think he was watching his step on that bridge. I honestly believe had he known he would have destroyed the phone.
She may have left the phone on to record the conversation that accured or that could have been accidental, we don't know that. I kbown that LE has stated that she had the presence of mind to record, but honestly he doesn't know that as well. Jmo

It's just a dang shame that with the image/audio there is still no arrest. Jmo

I'm not sure it's been proven that both girls were 70plus feet away. While I agree from gray Hughes videos that he has bg placed in the right location. I'm not convinced that he has proven where one or both of the girls were and the distance between them. Another one of those things that keeps getting stated as fact, when LE hasn't said one way or the other. JMO and sorry to jump off your post Elley

All we have to go on is a blurry photo. I think the girls could clearly make out what BG had under his coat. If it was a gun I think that's when they started recording. There are no firearms allowed on the trail. At least that's what one of the signs says where you can park and get on the trail.

That may be true for the trail but the bridge is not part of the trail. Jmo

Unless they may have something, like an article of clothing, that BG is wearing in the photo and that was found at the CS and has male DNA on it. Possible, IMO?

When I think of LE having DNA i think they found some of the BG DNA on the girls bodies.

I dont see hardly anyone suggesting that and wondering why?

No clothing or object of the BG is needed if they found DNA of him on their bodies or in their bodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member