IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #48

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no official trail at the south side of the bridge. The rail bed, where the tracks were, continues beyond the bridge turning more southward - as the abandoned rail line there continues south to the southern border of Carroll County and beyond. That rail bed, while grown in a bit, is level and solid with a large gravel base which is why abandoned railways make ideal walking trails. If you were to follow along that abandoned rail bed for quite a long walk you would likely end up in Indianapolis.

There are surely paths on the south side of the creek from and below the road there toward the creek but the area there also has more ruts, ditches, and ravines. The LIDAR map I posted several pages back show those ravines where the creeks that flow into Deer creek have cut through. I believe it was Cryptonite (who seems to be local) that offered a few threads back that the south side of the creek was rougher terrain than the north.

Hi Jethro, I wanted to thank you for that LIDAR map that you posted. I had spent a lot of time on google earth trying to find that little water source on that picture I posted. I even watched the 30 minutes news footage but couldn't quite find it. I looked at your map and I pretty much found it right away. It helped to confirm the placement of the yellow tape so thx again. :)

OK I think I'm losing my mind. Wasn't BG on the most wanted list of the FBI once they realized he participated?

You aren't losing your mind! BG's picture is still there, just not the darker, older looking one. They are using this one (this was straightened by me):

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1bgstraightup.png
    1bgstraightup.png
    619.7 KB · Views: 403
IMO, I don't think that the theory that the girls knew BG is plausible. I mean, why would two 13/14 year-old girls would know a man that nobody in their family and town would immediatelly recognize from the still photo? Just saying...
IMOO- BG knew these girls. I think he is known by someone in one of the families. They may just not recognize him Or are WAY too afraid to admit it. Especially if they didn''t report it early on.

Thanks. Sorry I couldn't remember who to give credit to. I agree that it's possibly a truer likeness.

I was amazed at how much your pic changed my perception of age.

Oh goodness, I wasn't worried about credit! :D I was joining in to say in fiddling with it, I couldn't believed how young he now looked next to Abby.

I will tell you what was worse it that he didn't look menacing in that frame of reference. I was taken aback by that and wondered at what point did he show his true self? Did they think that he looked benign at first, before filming?

You aren't losing your mind! BG's picture is still there, just not the darker, older looking one. They are using this one (this was straightened by me):

attachment.php

This is the image where I can deffo see a baseball cap , he looks pretty casual as well. Not like he is about to kidnappe and kill 2 people.

I still want to go know what alarmed the girls about him being there.

I haven't heard any complaints about LE specifically though there have been some snarky comments about the general effectiveness of the Delphi PD. Of course, they are a small dept and this is not a normal situation for them so, in my eyes, that's not really fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, it's not fair at all, but they've got the CCSD, ISP and FBI so not insignificant manpower and resources dedicated to solving this case. Thank you.

IMO, I don't think that the theory that the girls knew BG is plausible. I mean, why would two 13/14 year-old girls would know a man that nobody in their family and town would immediatelly recognize from the still photo? Just saying...
IMOO- BG knew these girls. I think he is known by someone in one of the families. They may just not recognize him Or are WAY too afraid to admit it. Especially if they didn''t report it early on.

We don't know if anyone has or hasn't identified BG. IMO a lot of people have but we shall see.

I think he was long gone when search started.

If so, then he's incredibly fast. Super fast to murder not only 1, but 2 girls. If we take the theory that he was gone when family arrived in daylight then that's not long after they disappeared... which then leads me to believe could be a possible SK. Especially one that is familiar with sadly taking two lives at a time.

Interesting. Sgt. Tony Slocum has RT the Journal and Courier article about RL's sentencing.

Hi Frosted, that was me. When I put him next to her like that I thought he almost looked fresh out of high school.

Interesting to me that the FBI website is no longer using the older looking photo so I am thinking that LE feels the younger looking one is a truer likeness?

Did LE say that the man appeared to be middle aged? Or did I imagine this?

Did LE say that the man appeared to be middle aged? Or did I imagine this?

You did not imagine it. They said exactly that. So the fact that he seemed to me to look much younger is probably irrelevant as LE has the footage of him and would have more frames from which to judge. Still, it was a contextual impression I got and it rattled me a little that he looked so young. :thinking:

ETA: On the FBI website they give no clue as to age, no mention. Just the clothes he is wearing.

"Investigators have distributed a photo (shown above) of a person observed on the Delphi Historic Trail. The photo appears to depict a White male wearing blue jeans, a blue coat/jacket, and a hoodie. During the course of the investigation, preliminary evidence has led investigators to believe the aforementioned person is suspected of being involved in the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German. "

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seeking-info/abigail-williams

IMO he's not married.
Although the facts that it's a small town and they have the dudes pics and voice no one has turned him in would lead me to think the same, Theres an equally good chance he's being protected through willful ignorance or desperation.
All this is not helping the rep of small towns and small town LE everywhere.

I have also wondered if the "down the hill" audio could've been from the first encounter (as LE suggested they had a previous encounter with BG) BEFORE the bridge pic.

I have missed a day here and there, didn't realize that there was a previous encounter between the three. Do you or anyone have a link to that? TIA

Although the facts that it's a small town and they have the dudes pics and voice no one has turned him in would lead me to think the same, Theres an equally good chance he's being protected through willful ignorance or desperation.
All this is not helping the rep of small towns and small town LE everywhere.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone is covering for him or possibly knows who it is. Be it friend, spouse, cousin, etc.

Small towns have layers and layers of complexity. They aren't always as simple and straight forward as they may seem to outsiders.

Hi Jax, I don't feel I can post it as it caused some controversy which I totally understood. I had done the mock up by request and should have probably private messaged it.

What I have done though is keep it in my album. If you go to my profile page, on the left is the album heading named "mock ups" and you can see it there.

If you do go look, please note that BG looks tall. I had a very difficult time with proportion standing him next to Abby. That might have been because it is a close-up still of a video from something like 60-80 feet away? So I couldn't line it up just right. :gaah:

Thanks, WS. I found it easily and can understand why it would upset people. I agree about the proportions (BG looks taller than I think he really is). moo

I'll say one thing about the image of BG after studying it over and over. I think we would have a fighting chance at identifying this guy if we could just see his eyes. Part of me wonders if maybe instead of looking down at his steps, if bg actually knows that Libby was recording Abby and was trying to avoid being recorded. I know many times natural reaction is to cower your head when you don't want to be videoed or photographed.....fwiw JMO moo

Edit to add: the eyes are the window to the soul

I'll say one thing about the image of BG after studying it over and over. I think we would have a fighting chance at identifying this guy if we could just see his eyes. Part of me wonders if maybe instead of looking down at his steps, if bg actually knows that Libby was recording Abby and was trying to avoid being recorded. I know many times natural reaction is to cower your head when you don't want to be videoed or photographed.....fwiw JMO moo

Edit to add: the eyes are the key to the soul

That's a good point and one I had not considered so he is ducking his head?

I don't think we know if someone has recognized him or not. Only LE could speak to tips coming in. There's a good chance one or more people do feel like they recognize him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member