IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's curious isn't it. She left a trail of clues to find her, but she didn't call 911 or someone in her family ... or did she and she couldn't get through?
It could be, as some one said, that there was not enough signal to do a completed voice call. She may, for instance, have tried to call the relative who was going to pick them up to tell him/her that they were ready to leave early, but couldn't get the call to muster enough signal to get through. Snapchat only the other hand, would keep trying over and over and use one little sliver of connection time to do its upload. Have seen this happen with my cell phone.

you can trace ip's through kik

That sounds creepy, though I try to be tech savvy, I'm not sure what that entails, is the location specific? Regardless, from my own experiences, my daughter's random downloads of games, free ones to my phone, sends texts to everyone I know.. some ask to share my location. I find it highly annoying and constantly delete multitudes of things I do not understand. I know I can't be the only one with kids who do this, to whosever phone. Though I appreciate the internet, I realize it's not always a safe place for children. But that can be said for many places now days. IMO always

Right. If they kept their mouths shut earlier, imagine what would happen in that area if they now admitted that they know who it was in the beginning? They'd have to move out of town. MOO
Yes. Exactly. JMO

I know it was never disclosed who was to pick up the girls, but do we know when the sister dropped them off was anyone else with them?

Oh, and one more thing I discovered when doing this. Look at my daughter's feet in this picture. It looks like they are not touching the ground, almost looks photo-shopped. And she has almost no shadow.

I know that these two issues were topics of great discussion as that is how BG's photos look. I found that happened as a result of grabbing a still from the zoomed video, that's all.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 60feetzoomed.jpg
    60feetzoomed.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 433
Oh, and one more thing I discovered when doing this. Look at my daughter's feet in this picture. It looks like they are not touching the ground, almost looks photo-shopped. And she has almost no shadow.

I know that these two issues were topics of great discussion as that is how BG's photos look. I found that happened as a result of grabbing a still from the zoomed video, that's all.

attachment.php
Yes! Great job!

attachment.php

Interesting it would be cool to see her feet walking around an object as well as I remember others speculating that as well. Thanks for your hard work! I enjoy this stuff, it's nice to be able to compare.

That sounds creepy, though I try to be tech savvy, I'm not sure what that entails, is the location specific? Regardless, from my own experiences, my daughter's random downloads of games, free ones to my phone, sends texts to everyone I know.. some ask to share my location. I find it highly annoying and constantly delete multitudes of things I do not understand. I know I can't be the only one with kids who do this, to whosever phone. Though I appreciate the internet, I realize it's not always a safe place for children. But that can be said for many places now days. IMO always

Point your browser to:

http://whatismyipaddress.com/

People can use proxies or bots and the criminals usually do.

BG could have also parked in the plowed field next to the cemetery. You can see where someone drove across it diagonally at some point. Where it ends even kind of lines up with one end of the bridge. . . .

I'd think parking on a farmer's plowed field would draw attention a perp wouldn't want.

ab01, I hope you don't mind me using your post as a spring board for an experiment that tried earlier today because it ties in with your post as your post speaks of some questions that still linger in my mind as to placement of the girls.

Websight, the Not-So-Magnificent's Video Experiment - Part One

I wanted to try to video and then take stills from that 60-80 foot mark. I asked my trusty assistants (my teen daughters) to help me recreate what it would look like if someone was filmed on a phone from the above distance. I chose 70 feet as the median and asked my daughter to walk to the 60 foot mark. For this first part of the experiment I did not zoom during the filming (I would zoom after the still was taken). Below is what 60 feet looks like when I took a still from the video:

attachment.php

Now mind you, she would appear closer than that but I kept checking while filming and it isn't that skewed in terms of distance. I wanted to see if I could figure out how far away BG actually was for Libby and LE to have gotten those pictures.

Next I wanted to try to take the still and zoom in and enhance to see if I could make out the features of my daughter:

attachment.php

Well, as you can see, I have a pixelated mess zooming in and enhancing the photo after filming without the zoom on.

So far it seems that the video either might not have been taken from the 60 feet unzoomed or might not have been taken from that great a distance at all.

Please note that I am not in the least bit interested in proving much greater minds than mine wrong. I am just the gal who discovered she likes fiddling with pictures and I use that fiddling to answer my own questions. I may be totally wrong and I am happy if someone with more experience can show me my errors and I can go back to the drawing board and improve. I hope that you don't mind my sharing these. I don't mind if you poke holes! :poke:

Not wanting to take up a whole page, I will post a Part Two. I will show what happened when I filmed on zoom and then enhanced the still from it.

Thank you so much for doing these experiments.

The first photo in this Part One proved something to me that I have been wondering about all along.

The first photo picture makes it look like the picture taker person is standing a little higher up on something like a stool or something even though we now know that is not the case.

The BG photos had the same effect. I had wondered how the girl could have been elevated up on something and it is just the way the picture comes out to give that optical illusion.

Thank you so much.

Hmm, maybe. Maybe not. It would be interesting to test the physical phone for fingerprints other than LGs, although depending on where it's found (if found) that may not yield anything useful.

For example, if found near the crime scene ( I'm hoping LE found it right away and has it), it may have some DNA or fingerprints that could be useful (hate to say it but, blood spatter, seamen etc could be there).

If found in, say, a dumpster or public place, other people may have touched it before it has been found, which would lead LA astray.

IMO the cell phone "pinging around town" is a very perplexing piece of info. It was stated by LGs grandfather in local news interviews during the preliminary search.

Did the perp take the phone elsewhere, did the perp take the girls (and therefore the phone) elsewhere, did the phone ping two separate towers due to crossing the creek or being in two different parts of the trail, did the perp plant the phone on someone else so that it would ping around town and lead the family and LE to believe the girls were safe in another part of town so they wouldn't search?

So many questions!!

I would hope the cell phone has been found and analyzed.

I don't know about you, but my iCloud is not set up to constantly upload information to it.

When my phone broke a few weeks ago and I got a new one, the update from the cloud put info into my phone (texts, photos, videos etc.) from several weeks prior and did not have any of the newer info.

If LG had similar settings, it may be the case that LE found the audio and video on the physical phone itself. Or, she could have had it so that photos and videos upload straight to the cloud and texts do not.

In that case, the physical phone would be useful to see the most recent text communication. Maybe that would put the catfish theory to rest already!

I have limited knowledge regarding iCloud so if anyone has insight that contradicts my insight please let us know!

All speculation and IMO

After visiting Delphi twice this week and talking with some old friends and one of Libby's family members, MHO is that that LE does not have Libby's physical phone. Also MHO is the family still has confidence and hope in LR.

It could be, as some one said, that there was not enough signal to do a completed voice call. She may, for instance, have tried to call the relative who was going to pick them up to tell him/her that they were ready to leave early, but couldn't get the call to muster enough signal to get through. Snapchat only the other hand, would keep trying over and over and use one little sliver of connection time to do its upload. Have seen this happen with my call phone.

She also might have been filming and then he appeared, or whatever was happening commenced, and she was better off in the stress of the moment getting him on video. Or, if that wasn't her intent and she just happened to get him when she was in motion in response to what was going on, getting him on audio was her instinct because making a call and trying to talk in an extremely fluid and threatening scenario was not possible or desirable.

I really think that since this likely unfolded pretty fast and given that there's so much we don't know, it's not even realistic to ask why she didn't call 911 or a family member or scream and run or whatever.

I see this crime as having been carried out swiftly by someone on his game who was committed to the mission once he had his targets, and I think the acute nature of the circumstances was that of a slick and overwhelming ambush and those two precious children were tragically done for by the time he was upon them. The only thing that would have likely changed the outcome was a third party entering the picture and disrupting this crime, and I would bet this perp could be confident that no one else was going to happen along and save the day.

I'd think parking on a farmer's plowed field would draw attention a perp wouldn't want.
From personal experience, as a teen, my friends and I went rolling through a corn field, literally rolling in it. We were chased by the farmer all around the neighborhood and scolded, lectured on how this cost him money. So I agree with you on this one. They imo would notice after a while.but who knows.

attachment.php

I see a faint shadow on the right of your pic. Thanks for doing the experiment on distance and clarity of pictures etc

I just dont get it. I was a big fan of our passed Foxfire and if I remember right he also felt that the public was a great asset that is under utilized by LE because of old strategies that are clung onto.

I firmly believe that some of the older strategies are just being hung onto because people just have always done things a certain way and keeping things close to the vest is fine when there is a good reason to do it.

I think the problem we have is people just cling onto some of those strategies when there really is no reason to. They do not ask the tough questions of themselves and really think through it.

I'm really glad someone else is thinking this way. Looking at who is in charge of the investigative team I see a lot of baby boomers and no offense and this is not an ageist statement but someone has got to tell these people that it's time for them to go ahead and enjoy life thanks for your expertise but please move on there's more than enough Gen Xers Who have been patiently watching the baby boomers dominate professional work spaces and culture up until the information technology revolution. Despite a bad reputation there's more than a few capable millennial's out there as well so I wish the baby boomers well it'll be interesting to see where their place and history is recorded but we have to get this guy off the street and it requires some flexible thinking here.
Thanks everyone for your thoughtful post and I am not hating on any generation

Wow.. just wow, lat and longitude included. Thanks for the information. How scary.

Well for mine it gives you my internet providers. Hughesnet not my personal one! Which is about 100 miles from me !! Suits me just fine!

[emoji237]Always My Own Opinion[emoji4]

Well, as you can see, I have a pixelated mess zooming in and enhancing the photo after filming without the zoom on.

So far it seems that the video either might not have been taken from the 60 feet unzoomed or might not have been taken from that great a distance at all.

This is fascinating. Thank you. I wonder what your view is as to whether the two BG images that LE shared were initially even more pixelated, but were subjected by LE to enhancement via Google Brain's twin neural networks or similar, fillingl in details with best guess estimates... (i.e. something like what is described at these links ---> https://arstechnica.com/information...ce-new-software-could-have-idd-boston-bomber/ , https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/02/google-brain-super-resolution-zoom-enhance/ ) Thanks!

I know it was never disclosed who was to pick up the girls, but do we know when the sister dropped them off was anyone else with them?
That's a great question and my attorney friend who is really sharp on the stuff immediately thought there was a connection there. For what it's worth. Thanks for your post

After visiting Delphi twice this week and talking with some old friends and one of Libby's family members, MHO is that that LE does not have Libby's physical phone. Also MHO is the family still has confidence and hope in LR.

Then the video of BG must have been taken from the cloud?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme