IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't there a post made yesterday, or maybe the day before that contained a quote stating RL was suffering from an illness? The post had a link but I can't recall where it was to or who/what was being quoted. I've went back a number of posts but haven't found it yet. Just want to make sure I read that right, if anyone remembers. TIA

You just triggered a thought. There were no reporters interviewing any of the neighbors of RL. Wonder why not. Granted there were only a couple but either they didn't want to talk or the reporters didn't attempt? Following the Danielle Stislicki case, when a house was searched the reporter had a couple of people on camera giving info/opinions on the person living in the house. RL has been a fixture there for 50+ years. No one around to interview?

Really good question. Was that friend of RL's who was in that one news interview video (I know that's not very specific) a neighbor? I can't remember.

At one point it had been rumored here that a neighbor discovered the bodies too, which grabbed my attention, but all I could find in the news was a "member of the search party" found them. Do you know anything else about that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No links handy, but I did see some quotes from neighbors after he was sentenced. They seemed upset by the sentence, one lady said rides could have been arranged for him by neighbors, etc...so he does have support. The quotes were in an article a day after sentencing or so.

Yes, I saw her the day of the sentencing. But have you seen anyone on camera before that speaking to his character? I shouldn't have said it didn't happen...only that I surely didn't see it.

Wasn't there a post made yesterday, or maybe the day before that contained a quote stating RL was suffering from an illness? The post had a link but I can't recall where it was to or who/what was being quoted. I've went back a number of posts but haven't found it yet. Just want to make sure I read that right, if anyone remembers. TIA

IIRC it was stated by his attorney to the judge during the sentencing hearing.

They were caught. FWIW the Monon trail extends for miles across Indiana. The flashers were Indianapolis.

http://fox59.com/2017/02/24/police-...eparate-flashing-incidents-along-monon-trail/

Yes I know I meant at that time, I did mention they were caught and o didn't think it was them, I was suggesting maybe, the girls heard about the incident, BG did too figured at that time, he wouldn't be caught. Etc. Sorry for confusion sometimes my sentences run together.

Wasn't there two previous cases where separate individuals in unrelated incidents, were flashing people there? Wonder if at the time BG decided hey there not getting caught, they are caught now imo not the guys, but maybe BG had similar thoughts about flashing and maybe didn't like the girls response to it, teens laugh. And a grown man might take that as insulting. Just throwing out an idea, I know we have no way of knowing. But since one of the incidents was a few days prior they may have heard about it. Saw something, had the previous encounter we speculate about, and felt concerned by his reaction to their reaction. If that makes sense. All IMO. I'm not necessarily knocking out the idea of them seeing drug activity, but in my own experiences with drugs , dealers, etc. We were often seen by random kids, I was young, but the scary people I messed with, never gave them a second glance, and they usually had weapons on them. Yeah it I've seen some things, but I believe it helps me kinda understand other things. But I could be wrong. Just speculating and IMO always.

No. The flashers was another bridge or trail with a similar name but quite a ways away. I know the news article has been posted several times earlier in the threads. I'm sure someone else remembers the details better than me (It might have been in Indianapolis in thinking?) Article listed the city for sure and it wasn't Delphi and the photos in the article looked nothing like Delphi trail.

ETA- I've said similar things as far as the drug theory goes and had some experiences of my own, so I tend to agree with you. Could've happened but doesn't seem hugely probable. I don't think dealers are all that worried about some young teens. And the theory has been tossed out that maybe they photographed a drug deal or something but let's assume if LE got the video of BG, they also would've seen any photos of suspicious activity they took.

Really good question. Was that friend of RL's who was in that one news interview video (I know that's not very specific) a neighbor? I can't remember.

At one point it had been rumored here that a neighbor discovered the bodies too, which grabbed my attention, but all I could find in the news was a "member of the search party" found them. Do you know anything else about that?

The man in the video with him was never identified AFAIK. Someone will correct me if wrong.
It was stated a neighbor knocked on his door to ask permission to search on the 13th.
The other I would need to find a link which I'm sure is on page one of this thread in the media info.

I do remember hearing that somewhere around the trial. Did you ever hear if they mentioned what type of illness--physical/mental? Chronic/terminal? Wonder if he was on any meds...

Yes...court record:
https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase...qWTROVFF3TnpFM01UUXdPalV4T1RNMk1qY3lOVFk9In19

[FONT=&quot]The Non-Statutory Mitigating: The defendant has physical illness. [/FONT]

You just triggered a thought. There were no reporters interviewing any of the neighbors of RL. Wonder why not. Granted there were only a couple but either they didn't want to talk or the reporters didn't attempt? Following the Danielle Stislicki case, when a house was searched the reporter had a couple of people on camera giving info/opinions on the person living in the house. RL has been a fixture there for 50+ years. No one around to interview?
one of the neighbors is in a interview with the media early on. I have always wondered if it was the neighbor that found the body. No, i do not have a link. someone else may.

No. The flashers was another bridge or trail with a similar name but quite a ways away. I know the news article has been posted several times earlier in the threads. I'm sure someone else remembers the details better than me (It might have been in Indianapolis in thinking?) Article listed the city for sure and it wasn't Delphi and the photos in the article looked nothing like Delphi trail.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...rrests-alleged-monon-trail-flashers/98376152/
Is monon trails not the monon bridge and trails or did I mix it up, if so my apologies.

Yes, I saw her the day of the sentencing. But have you seen anyone on camera before that speaking to his character? I shouldn't have said it didn't happen...only that I surely didn't see it.

Not on camera as I recall but someone posted a scanned copy of the front page of the local paper when he took the plea deal (so the week before the sentencing) and I think the above quote about rides and such may have been from that. For sure there were one or two people who spoke as character witnesses. If I recall correctly, they didn't want to be identified or have their last names shared. There's probably others out there too but given how much RL has been threatened on SM, can't blame folks for not wanting to get on camera, can you?

I remember seeing it and I think it was linked to a court doc. We don't know details, anyway, but a medical condition could also be alcohol withdrawal. People can die from sudden withdrawal so I think all jails and prisons have infirmaries, hospitals or arrangements to transfer like Corcoran did recently with Charles Manson.

The man in the video with him was never identified AFAIK. Someone will correct me if wrong.
It was stated a neighbor knocked on his door to ask permission to search on the 13th.
The other I would need to find a link which I'm sure is on page one of this thread in the media info.

Yeah, for some reason, I thought the guy in the video with him was identified by someone earlier in the threads. I feel like they may have googled the name of the guy given in the vid and come up with something, but I can't remember if it was said to be a neighbor.

And you're right. I wonder if police looked into the neighbor who asked RL for permission to be on his property to search? That guy could be back there that night, technically, without arousing RL's suspicion bc he had been given permission. And the girls didn't show up until morning...

Good reminder on that one.

I am pretty sure the person who found their bodies was never identified by name so it wouldn't be in the media thread, but I hope someone will correct me if I am wrong on that.:)

FTR: all LE has said was A volunteer found the bodies. Let's quit the rumors per TOS.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...arrant-served-Indiana-home-teens-murders.html

The victims were found at 12:15pm on Tuesday about three-quarters of a mile upstream from the bridge, police said. A volunteer searching for the girls found their bodies on private property about 50-60 feet from the water.
Their cause of death and nature of injuries were not released.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Indiana-home-teens-murders.html#ixzz4eSr2WxIK
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

one of the neighbors is in a interview with the media early on. I have always wondered if it was the neighbor that found the body. No, i do not have a link. someone else may.

The guy in hunter safety orange and had a goatee? Actually camo with orange lining.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4yNdRfD23p0

That man, unidentified, said RL brought him to the crime scene to show him how difficult it would be to get there.

Beyond the other examples listed in replies already, there *was* a neighbor interviewed early on. In one of the RL interviews shortly after the murders they speak to another elderly guy (grey hair, probably RLs age or a bit younger.). He is the one who mentioned how his daughter used to walk the trail and had seen some shady men or something to that extent. So there was that neighbor too, early on.

Beyond the other examples listed in replies already, there *was* a neighbor interviewed early on. In one of the RL interviews shortly after the murders they speak to another elderly guy (grey hair, probably RLs age or a bit younger.). He is the one who mentioned how his daughter used to walk the trail and had seen some shady men or something to that extent. So there was that neighbor too, early on.

Thank you. I saw that but did not know it was his neighbor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme