IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an interesting article about DNA testing times, and new technology that can solve that issue. I found this quote interesting: “It can take a third-party lab a week with a rush, or 15 days, 3 months. Sending something to the state lab took two years one time with a case in High Point,” Powers explained. “You have a criminal walking around during that period of time due to no probable cause due to no DNA testing."

http://www.wfmynews2.com/news/local/rapid-dna-machine/280023416

it is possible that we are waiting on the results of the evidence from the march 17th search or somewhere in between.

Several weeks ago LE said they had "some of the results back and were waiting on additional results. sunday a news station reported that LE are still waiting on results. this seems to back up LE's statement from a few weeks ago.

We don't know where this evidence is from or where it was collected.

I don't remember LE saying that they hope that the results will result in arrest.
Do they need to? that is the end goal of all of this.
Maybe as the tips roll in LE swab for DNA to match any found at SOC and have to continue waiting therefore. For example if DNA is taking 3 weeks, then DNA results from persons reported in the last three weeks would still be awaited. As tips slow down the DNA results should all be back with a match somewhere in there. IMO. Hopefully.

This is an interesting article about DNA testing times, and new technology that can solve that issue. I found this quote interesting: “It can take a third-party lab a week with a rush, or 15 days, 3 months. Sending something to the state lab took two years one time with a case in High Point,” Powers explained. “You have a criminal walking around during that period of time due to no probable cause due to no DNA testing."

That is not encouraging. Unless that is in the past now. 15 days in a rush, otherwise 3 months, I have taken this to mean for present day testing. Would this be considered a priority? I would guess so but hey jmo.

Case isn't even on the front page of fox59.com anymore

Being from the UK it's so hard to understand small town dynamics as I can not fathom why this case is going cold and the town isn't up in arms about it.

Why are the parents not doing more tv interviews or radio interviews to spread the word that this person has still not been caught ?

It's so frustrating to watch this unfold and when LE say optimism isn't high why not change tact and do something pro active.

:moo:

From the link:

“Now, we can have it in two hours,” said Powers.
It’s all because of a brand new Rapid DNA machine

bbm

I like to go back to the very first PC -posted at 13:09 on Feb. 14. There is one of the most interesting statements so far from DPD IMO.

The site shows 8 brief videos of the PC and 3 videos about the case. During the second video (PC) Delphi Police Chief Steve Mullins says:

Quote, video2 ( also quoted in article):

BBM

"I think people in the community are smart enough in our community to draw their own conclusions about what they should feel and shouldn't feel," Delphi Police Chief Steve Mullins said. "Our people are very smart. We have a very good community and they are very strong. And they are able to draw their own conclusions about this whole situation very successfully.”

End of quoteNow, scroll down and there is a second single video with DPC Mullins. He basically repeats, what he said before, but is wording it differently:

Quote, additional video:BBM

"I think people are able to draw their own conclusions about the situation and they are smart enough to figure out that..what the situation warrants them to think. So, that's all we have to say about that."
End of quote

Odd statements, both.

All IMO

-Nin

Source:

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...-in-carroll-county-official-says-its-not-good

I agree, they are unusual statements.

Several recent media reports mention the community is still on high alert. This one's from May 2nd.

“It just never leaves your mind and never leaves your heart,” Brown said.

“You're always looking over your shoulder right now. Everybody has that edge. They're still scared,” Delphi Schools superintenent Greg Briles said.

Fear remains on people's minds in this small town, knowing a killer has yet to be caught."
http://www.wndu.com/content/news/No-Cold-Case-People-in-Delphi-continue-to-hope-421077953.html

Because no details whatsoever are mentioned let alone dates, speculation makes it's just as possible LE is waiting for DNA results related to this:
Indiana to take DNA sample from every person arrested for felony
http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/...cle_c5bb69f0-6d66-5db9-bc2f-3db09d67fccd.html
we don't know if it is DNA testing they are waiting on. They have used the term forensic testing. i can't see how the routine collection of DNA from felons is connected to the forensic testing with evidence from the delphi murders? testing all felons is pretty standard in most states and has been for a while, including indiana. LE did say several weeks ago what they are waiting on is connected to this case.

I wonder if he made the girls put gloves on. Or even zip tied (sp?) gloves onto them. That way if they fought back, no DNA under fingernails.

Didn't say it was. Just a coincidence, and within a 50 mile radius. I just thought people usually share similar articles in the past. Like I have previously shared info on a teacher that recently had been arrested for inappropriate relationships with students. Sorry won't do it again.

Exactly why I recently shared the article regarding the arson investigation involving the warehouse owned by CSX Railroad. Lafayette is 30 minutes away from Delphi, but I thought it may be of interest to some. I appreciate you sharing the information!

Link for reference:
http://www.wlfi.com/story/35299983/...igate-possible-arson-at-old-railroad-building

I wonder just like you. I also wonder about the February 22 death of the 18 year old girl who went to school in Delphi the day BG's voice recording was released. So much death in the same neck of the woods. Monticello is not that far from Delphi and not that far from Burnesville.
Eternal rest to all of these people who have left us.

The person responsible for the arson that resulted in the deaths of four young girls in a house fire Nov/16 in Flora hasn't been solved yet either.

Le may be hesitant to ask for more tips due to the onslaught of mostly useless tips they received initially. One LEO said that much of what they got was suggestions for LE, i.e check felons, check sex offenders, recently paroled, etc...basic police work.

It is possible that no one out there suspects the real BG, if he is antisocial with few contacts. There have been serial killers with plenty of relatives, co-workers and friends and no one suspected, i.e BTK and Robert Yates, Ted Bundy and more. So if he keeps to himself, he might not come up on anyone's radar.

The other fire company that was called out the night of the 13th to search is known to have an infrared camera/viewer. It is used to find fire within walls/floor joists, etc. It is not known, however, if they used it when searching.

Am I right that the ones used to detect heat in walls, ect., which I'd kinda expect a Fire Dept. might have, aren't very capable of seeing long distances and are used for detecting heat close up?

I think these statements are significant (from the media thread); so they have evidence which can "eliminate people from the picture, but it still hasn’t provided us someone to jail,”:

Police down to fewer than 1,000 leads in killings of Delphi teens, memorial walk Sunday

“Some evidence testing has come back in, but not a lot of it,” Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said in an interview May 5, adding ... that evidence that he previously said was sent to two locations – the Indiana State Police lab and the FBI lab in Quantico, Va.

[....]

http://www.newsbug.info/monticello_...abfaeb475d.html#tncms-source=article-nav-next

Qmfr:
(Cont. from above post: )

"“Some of that has afforded us the opportunity to eliminate people from the picture, but it still hasn’t provided us someone to jail,” he added."

http://www.newsbug.info/monticello_...abfaeb475d.html#tncms-source=article-nav-next

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...melines-NO-DISCUSSION&p=13358394#post13358394

I agree, they are unusual statements.

Several recent media reports mention the community is still on high alert. This one's from May 2nd.

“It just never leaves your mind and never leaves your heart,” Brown said.

“You're always looking over your shoulder right now. Everybody has that edge. They're still scared,” Delphi Schools superintenent Greg Briles said.

Fear remains on people's minds in this small town, knowing a killer has yet to be caught."
http://www.wndu.com/content/news/No-Cold-Case-People-in-Delphi-continue-to-hope-421077953.html

( Boy do I know this feeling (when Jessica Ridgeway's killer had not yet been apprehended) and it is like living in a real life horror movie. Absolute terror. I've used this exact statement here before "looking over your shoulder"...that's the best way I know to describe it, seriously...it was just awful to look at people in the grocery store, wondering "could it be him" (we didn't have a photo for reference)...and wondering if it's someone I might actually know myself...one time I was even looking at my friend sideways...everyone was a suspect and I didn't trust anyone. It's a very dark place to be. What the effect must be on this community, I get it...it's been almost 5 years and I still freak out when I see garbage bags on the side of the road and wonder if there are body parts in there...

I've talked about this before, how my biggest fear was I was scared to death for my little students. I didn't let them out of my sight for a microsecond. And I was afraid of tripping over body parts. :( (That's why I said a few days ago I was feeling PTSD-ish when I was in the restaurant and everyone looked like BG so maybe I need to back off here....but that obviously didn't last as I posted some chapters from Foxfire yesterday lol).

Hang in there, Delphi.
:candle:

(ETA: Many of you have heard this spiel a million times already, but for those who havent...sorry for the O/T-my point was everyone must be Frickin terrified right now. Mothers, teachers, students...)

I know this is probably a waste of time asking, but hopefully it isn't also a TOS violation. Since we got an image thread for those tired of reading about and looking at the images, could we also get a thread for discussing RL for those of us who don't want to scroll through all of the comments about him? Ignore doesn't help if everybody quotes each other, and I think it's a disgrace that more is said about him than about the girls. I hate having to leave the thread, but I guess I will if that's the only option. Sorry for posting this here, but I wasn't sure which mod/admin to ask. Thanks.

Thank you for your patience with me. I want to try this one more time please. Falling Down posted on thread 55 page 46 post #679. http://time.com/4671589/snapchat-delphi-indiana-missing-girls/. Once you open the link let the picture come up in the box Don't play the video just let the picture appear. There is a man wearing camouflage wearing a hat sunglasses and has a beard. He looks like a reflection off the lens of the phone. Does anyone else see him ? And if you see him was this on Libby's phone? If no one sees him I am going to have a drink.

thank you for trying to help me with this.

You guys and gals are a good group of people.

Several news reports related to this case mention LE's the "fast-tracking" of DNA can be completed in as little as two days.

If it took 3 months for all DNA analysis in Indiana, no case could ever be solved in less than three months. Wouldn't that seem unusual?
you are assuming that they are waiting on DNA. there are other types of forensic testing. We don't know that DNA is what they are waiting on. We also don't know that what they are waiting for was collected from the CS.

Le may be hesitant to ask for more tips due to the onslaught of mostly useless tips they received initially. One LEO said that much of what they got was suggestions for LE, i.e check felons, check sex offenders, recently paroled, etc...basic police work.

It is possible that no one out there suspects the real BG, if he is antisocial with few contacts. There have been serial killers with plenty of relatives, co-workers and friends and no one suspected, i.e BTK and Robert Yates, Ted Bundy and more. So if he keeps to himself, he might not come up on anyone's radar.
If someone recognized him and they took his DNA they could be running it against other unsolved killings like the Iowa girls. But then again they surely would take him into custody while they do that. I read that 2 murders are considered a serial killing in some places and other states it's 3 related murders. Does anyone know which one it is in Indiana?

If someone recognized him and they took his DNA they could be running it against other unsolved Serial killings like the Iowa girls. But then again they would surely would take him into custody while they do that.

So, speaking of Lizzie and Lyric, on what specific basis I wonder has a connection to BG been ruled out? Because they have been super tight lipped about any potential evidence in Lizzie and Lyric's case.

I think I found meaning. Bottom of shirt says Madeira so I looked it up and it could be Madeira Beach Florida. F and L stands for Florida imo.

Abby had tagged along on one of Liberty's family vacations. I don't think I've seen it mentioned where they went. I wonder if that was to FL, and I wonder who all did go on that vacation and got to know Abby better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214