IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #58

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone also alluded to the April tinsley case in 1988and wondered if there was a possible connection last night

It kinda freaked me out.

She was abducted on a city street just south of Downtown FW, and dumped miles away off of a country road. Then the killer allegedly taunted LE and the media for years. Might be a copycat crime, but who knows. Same with this case, maybe the killer has drawn from 'influences' of one sort or another.

It kinda freaked me out.

She was abducted on a city street just south of Downtown FW, and dumped miles away off of a country road. Then the killer allegedly taunted LE and the media for years. Might be a copycat crime, but who knows. Same with this case, maybe the killer has drawn from 'influences' of one sort or another.

And the notes and used condoms he left for le was beyond weird! And the writing on the barn! He is one very sick individual. Very possible BG has been influenced by other killers. Copycat is very possible. I think that's something we should consider. Jmo

All those things, and anything, evidence wise, that requires a scientific approach with regard to analysis is "forensic" evidence.
As the update doesn't specifically mention the word "forensic", his comments may or may not refer to that. Related to this case, aside from crime scene evidence, there's going to be other types of evidence that was or is being analyzed, for example involving online communications by either of the girls. It's been said in other cases that subpoenas issued to cellphone providers and Facebook take a considerable time to be processed. We just don't know because they choose not to say.

But considering investigators are now reviewing some of the 18000 prior leads and police resources are valuable, that's an indication they're still searching. A previous news report indicated the FBI had developed a profile, perhaps they're taking a closer look at that. MOO

i really can't see anyone returning to area to put the bodies there. they were likely not found for several reasons the evening of the 13th. One they were probably looking for girls that were alive. however, as the evening got later those thoughts may have changed, especially from the family members who knew them so well. Secondly it was February so it got dark out very early, which would make it hard to see anything, even with the full moon the night before.

Exactly. There are basically 2 points of view concerning if they were killed within an hour or brought back later. We have had the two differing camps for a few months now. All points made many times.

I personally cannot see how not 1, but 2 humans were murdered in such a short amount of time without anyone near the bridge and trails hearing. But I also understand how others can think otherwise. We can have different opinions. And that's perfectly fine.

Okay.....where the X is on the right of my search bar? That is where the circular arrow would be for refreshing.

attachment.php

Oh, good grief. My apologies. I googled "ipad", followed their directions (I am working off a laptop) and apparently, I've lead everyone down a dead-end street.

Still googling, and I can't find a straight answer!!!

Sorry, Everyone!

ETA: Just asked DH, who has an ipad, and he didn't know either.

As far as know, BG is not taunting police or media.

As far as know, BG is not taunting police or media.

But we don't know what he left or possibly left with the bodies.

If he's a SK, I'd wondered if he left some things from previous murders.

Something about this was more gruesome than your average child murder. Something about this brought FBI in ASAP.

The problem is, from what I understand, at least some of their social media accounts were set for public viewing, so anyone who could have been stalking them, from anywhere, might have known where and when they would be at a place at any time they posted it to social media. That could be part of the forensics that is still being analyzed...anomalous viewers of their SM accounts. Computers or phones that were used to stalk their SM updates that aren't linked to friends and/or family and that should have had no reason to be looking at their SM posts.
I can't quote because it's an old thread but on post #992, Asyousay said "So somebody who knew the girls would be together that would narrow it down surely."

This is where I think what LE hasn't released is almost more interesting than what they HAVE. Early on, it was said that a third person was meant to be with the girls on that day. We were never told who that third person was, or if they were male or female. I think that lack of information is important. At any rate, if it is not a completely random attack, then they MUST be looking at the folks that knew the girls were there at that exact time. Did they text anyone when they arrived? Call or msg anyone on the trail? When the plans were made ahead of time, was the exact time given? "Hey, we're gonna be on the bridge at 2pm, Instagramming. Wanna come?" Who might have shared that information, or overheard it?

These are questions I think about.

I do not feel that this is a serial killer.

Sorry if this is a ridiculous question but is there any way BG could be virtually stalking the girls tracking their whereabouts without knowing their cell/mobile phone numbers via an app?

I'm 33 but not up to date with app technology I have a smartphone but my only app is Instagram for my cat's account.(sad I know).

The problem is, from what I understand, at least some of their social media accounts were set for public viewing, so anyone who could have been stalking them, from anywhere, might have known where and when they would be at a place at any time they posted it to social media. That could be part of the forensics that is still being analyzed...anomalous viewers of their SM accounts. Computers or phones that were used to stalk their SM updates that aren't linked to friends and/or family and that should have had no reason to be looking at their SM posts.
Exactly. Or even if it was a FB friend of a family member, it wouldn't be unusual. Some people accept any and all FB friend requests. Or it could have been some random lurker that wasn't FB friends that still managed to develop some sick crush or fascination with them.

I believe he was a stranger to the girls, but in the same thread, he "knew" them and somehow have gotten wind of their whereabouts that day. That way he could do his crime and fade right back into anonymity he crawled out of.

I just don't believe that some SK just randomly struck the bridge that day in February. I DO think it was a SK, but I think there's a social media link somewhere, and he knew they were going to be there. All IMO of course!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I've theorized that the perp could have been on a sock SM account of his own, waiting for someone to "check in" to the bridge/park/etc.

JMO

I just realized this morning that this case reminds me a lot of one that happened in my own small town. Population 2000 and we have only one unsolved murder. The comparison to Abby/Libby is striking. Loretta (I don’t want to give her last name because I like to remain a little anonymous and her full name would give me away) was 14 years old. Sweet girl into sports. Found dead on a popular hiking trail that runs alongside the town, just like "our" girls. In Loretta's case, she was apparently early in a pregnancy. Her fingers were cut off and she was decapitated. We had lots of suspects in the beginning. The FBI was brought in and worked the case for weeks. Then the figurative trail went cold. She was murdered 15 years ago or so and the crime was never solved. Serial killer was also suspected in her case, as well as cult activity. (I don't believe either had anything to do with it.) Other rumors (worse, if you can believe it) circulated about her baby belonging to someone prominent in the community.

I think about her a lot. I just put the similarities together in my mind this morning. I’ve always been deeply invested in Loretta’s case. She was one of those young girls from a lower income family in a poverty-stricken area that nobody thinks about. Her case didn't get attention. I think some of the similarities (age, trail, sports, etc.) is why I was subconsciously drawn to Abby and Libby. Those girls were all too young to have suffered like that-practically babies. Here is hoping that Abby and Libby find justice.

Sorry if this is a ridiculous question but is there any way BG could be virtually stalking the girls tracking their whereabouts without knowing their cell/mobile phone numbers via an app?

I'm 33 but not up to date with app technology I have a smartphone but my only app is Instagram for my cat's account.(sad I know).

Your cat. LOL! I'm not up to date either but I think anything's possible.

For example -

"If you use Android, you should periodically check your phone for viruses. PlaceRaider is one of the most dangerous ones that can infect your device. Developed by American experts, it was meant to show how vulnerable our devices are. Once it gets onto a phone, this Trojan takes a series of photographs of the surrounding area, creates a 3D model of the building you’re in, and then takes advantage of any Internet connection to send the data that it’s gathered, adding along with it all the data on the phone and your passwords."
https://brightside.me/wonder-curios...-tracking-you-through-your-smartphone-297610/

I just realized this morning that this case reminds me a lot of one that happened in my own small town. Population 2000 and we have only one unsolved murder. The comparison to Abby/Libby is striking. Loretta (I don’t want to give her last name because I like to remain a little anonymous and her full name would give me away) was 14 years old. Sweet girl into sports. Found dead on a popular hiking trail that runs alongside the town, just like "our" girls. In Loretta's case, she was apparently early in a pregnancy. Her fingers were cut off and she was decapitated. We had lots of suspects in the beginning. The FBI was brought in and worked the case for weeks. Then the figurative trail went cold. She was murdered 15 years ago or so and the crime was never solved. Serial killer was also suspected in her case, as well as cult activity. (I don't believe either had anything to do with it.) Other rumors (worse, if you can believe it) circulated about her baby belonging to someone prominent in the community.

I think about her a lot. I just put the similarities together in my mind this morning. I’ve always been deeply invested in Loretta’s case. She was one of those young girls from a lower income family in a poverty-stricken area that nobody thinks about. Her case didn't get attention. I think some of the similarities (age, trail, sports, etc.) is why I was subconsciously drawn to Abby and Libby. Those girls were all too young to have suffered like that-practically babies. Here is hoping that Abby and Libby find justice.

I'm sorry for your community's loss. I think I'm going to make an effort to read up and post on the lesser-followed cases. For every one that gets attention, there are hundreds that don't. Good reminder, Thanks for that.

That's a very good point. You can follow someone without interacting with them via text or even email.

My Insta feed is for my dog, too. I get you. Also, lot of my 'friends' on Instagram are dog people and I don't know all of them in real life.

One incident on Instagram stuck with me this past year which leads me to believe a lot of people 'watch' but don't always like and comment or interact.

I don't think so. He was from Indianapolis, but I never heard any details about his arrest. We were given permission to discuss him back in March (I think), but there really isn't much else to say about him now. I've seen nothing new about him since his arrest.

This person is accused of strangling his girlfriend, kiing a lady in a church, and shooting and injuring a jogger in Mississippi. He showed up next near Albuquerque where he abducted 2 hikers at LaLuz trail. He forced the hikers into the trunk of a car by threatening them with a gun and shovel.
The male hiker was able to pull the emergency release in the trunk and hop out when the car slowed. He was shot in the rear. The female hiker was able to hop out of the trunk, but was quickly recaptured. After stealing a car, the abductor forced the female into the newly stolen car, but she was later able to escape with the help of a law officer.
The abductor then fled and was sighted in Kansas where he fled police. He shot a convenience store clerk and stole his car. Officers again spotted him and by using stop strips and tactical manuevers caused the stolen car to wreck and catch fire. The person was caught and taken to a Kansas jail. His mug shots are interesting as they show a man with a shaved head, hoodie and outward facing feet. Other pictures of him show a shaggy hair guy.
The name of the person charged with the above named crimes is Alex Bridges Deaton. Upon entering his name on a search engine a lot of information about him is available.
I am by no means implying this man was in any way involved in the murder of the Delphi girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro