IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can if the other person has read receipts on. My kids and my hubby do- when I send them a message it first says "delivered" and then when they open it it says "read" and the time it was read.

When the phone is off it won't even say delivered unless the person is also getting messages on an iPad.

To take it one step further (so many options on an iPhone ) - if the sender has their settings to send as SMS if iMessage isn't delivered then the message turns green and sends as a SMS. If the receivers phone is off it would appear to have sent on the senders phone- I don't have my phone set to do this. I like it to stay an iMessage for the reason then I can see if my kids have gotten my message.

Sounds confusing but it isn't for iPhone users LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
^^^^^^This^^^^^°°°..Is why I'm afraid to part with my clunky droid turbo[emoji33]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I just wanted to add again that one must be really careful looking at Facebook profiles of people you do not know. If they were potentially a murderer..the last thing you want to do is bring attention to yourself by liking a photo accidentally. I am on a phone so it is easier to do that. Personal safety is paramount.

Of course, that's a possibility, too! I have followed some true crime cases over the years. Gary Ridgway and BTK, before they were caught, were two cases that were early in web sleuthing (especially as both these serial killers were sending messages for attention to the media, rifled with spelling errors and grammatical mistakes). It turns out, these messages were from the real sickos and they both were producing some really cringe worthy and poor writing samples. They aren't that smart, maybe street smart, but not on any level comparable to the keen minds here.
Maybe not book smart but smart about covering tracks. I lived in Wichita when Dennis Rader was caught. My wife lived there as a child when it was going on. I believe he was getting old and wanted to get caught, that's why he wrote the last letter so many years after his last murder.

I really hope for these families, that is not the case here. Technology has come a very long way and my hope is this guy left a part of himself behind.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I just wanted to add again that one must be really careful looking at Facebook profiles of people you do not know. If they were potentially a murderer..the last thing you want to do is bring attention to yourself by liking a photo accidentally. I am on a phone so it is easier to do that. Personal safety is paramount.
Good advise

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

In the pic, you can see a white loop like thing. It resembles a plastic grocery bag handle.
Someone else may have answered more accurately, but I have been trying to catch up on here for a week. At one point, I had about half a dozen tabs open on my computer, related to this case. When I enlarged the pic of BG, I thought that white "loop" was actually part of a white and black scarf. Just MOO.

I don't have any special photo-enhancing software. But, what also led me to think it's a scarf, he seems to be burying his chin in it to help hide his identity. JMO

On the profile and pics. I noticed he has a part toward the back of the top of his hair. Like the crown of his hair creates a sort of chili bowl with lots of hair on top. I took the pics to show a hoddie on and then off. I know some don't think so, but it appears to me that way. I also thought maybe the pics are of two different times. Since there is no time stamp it's possible he walked by with no hood on and then came back around after a big circle on trails to get back to car or something with a hood off. Just my thoughts. It doesn't look like any hat I've ever seen and trail cams can be set up for motion. It would be possible the camera snapped pics at the exact same spots, especially if his circle on trails included crossing the water somewhere or something like that. The shirt or whatever is hanging down doesn't look the same.

I just asked my hubby if he can see on his iPhone if another iPhone user read his message. He said no. Interesting idea you have here!

It is a setting on your iPhone you can turn it on or off ...mine is off to everyone...but my boss leaves his on because if he "read" a text we don't have to worry if we get no reply!

I just wanted to say I too am a frequent checker of the Daily Mail. As "goofy" as this publication can be sometimes, they can also be the most up to date, detailed, gritty, with the best and clearest photos. I found it annoying how they turned comments off in both articles. I'm sure they will have another story tomorrow. Ps, I don't think you broke any posting rules.

Hello. I am new. I have never thought to join a crime forum before this case. I was just very upset about it. Every day I have checked in the Daily Mail but not much news lately. I noticed they even stopped comments on the last two articles. I must admit I have been a bit nosy and can see how the public can make assumptions and connections that are not there .I saw a similar dressed guy in the Facebook save Monon high bridge group. I looked at his facebook page and was scared I would 'like 'one of the photos by accident and so closed my page up. These are the dangers to snooping.I think this has been called in. Sorry have I broken the posting rules by discussing this? I see how witch-hunts can start with false identification. It may just be a very erry coincidence. Many men dress in this way. Just the build was similar. Oh dear I am sorry if I have broken the rules. Anyhow I just hope they make an arrest soon.

First time posting on this case...but have there already been posts comparing the suspect's photo to known sex offenders in the area? I notice one is non-compliant:

http://www.icrimewatch.net/results....drLast=&OfndrFirst=&OfndrCity=delphi&AllCity=
Way behind here myself, but there are a couple of RSO I thought had facial features similar to BG. But, IMO, they are both 2 tall. The non-compliant guy is 5'8 which is what I was estimating BG's height to be. I don't have any way of calculating his height, though, without knowing the dimensions of the bridge, so it's just a guess on my part.

^^^^^^This^^^^^°°°..Is why I'm afraid to part with my clunky droid turbo[emoji33]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

HA. I promise it's not that confusing. I have had iPhones for years though and each new thing they add has been gradual- I can see where it's complicated all at once [emoji23]

E
Maybe not book smart but smart about covering tracks. I lived in Wichita when Dennis Rader was caught. My wife lived there as a child when it was going on. I believe he was getting old and wanted to get caught, that's why he wrote the last letter so many years after his last murder.

I really hope for these families, that is not the case here. Technology has come a very long way and my hope is this guy left a part of himself behind.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Rader's methods popped into my head last night, as well as the guy they caught in Buffalo.

The guy in Buffalo was active, then inactive for many years, then was active again before getting caught. In his case it was rapes, and rapes/murders in a public park in Buffalo. Guy was right under LE's nose for years, in fact he'd been questioned in the 70's after someone ID'd his vehicle. DNA ended up matching him to many sex crimes and murders.

I hope they catch the perp in these Delphi killings, and he ends up behind bars for life.

Agree in principle although in this case, I wouldn't mind if this a$$hole tracked me down.

http://www.wndu.com/content/news/Po...rders-but-not-releasing-it-yet-414421363.html

However, police say they have information but don't want to release it publicly yet.
There are facts only known to the person or persons who committed the murder," Sgt. Tony Slocum with the Indiana State Police said. "So we want to keep those facts close to our vest. We understand that's going to start the rumor mill but we ask people to take pause and not put out false information on social media sites because that does hamper things a little bit."

Just because we haven't released information into the media doesn't mean we don't have more information. [But], we don't have enough. We want more information from the public but rest assured, we're coming for that person.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

(Gun shops? Maybe purchased ammo recently, or not...)

WISH TV said earlier they will be livestreaming the presser. I suspect the other channels will too. Here are some to try:

http://wishtv.com/live-stream/
http://fox59.com/on-air/live-streaming/
http://www.wthr.com/live-stream
http://www.theindychannel.com/live-video

Members here will likely post links that they are watching in the morning when the presser starts.

Thanks MsM

BOOKMARKING for premorning scramble, you know, right before the of when wewhere we are like what's the link ahhh :scared:

For the morning, links can be found at post number insert blank.

That, and it looks like he's a smoker. Where does he get smokes? Gas station? Specialty smoke shop?
Jumping off your post, sorry on a crappy phone,
le would know kind of tuts it won't let me type butts hah oh it just did

I don't believe he is smoking, the hands don't change position, which is odd for a smoker. Just walking with it n his mouth isn't what most do.

Well I have several friends that do this if they are briskly walking and its cold. Only take their hand out to thump the cig or throw it down. When they are standing still they hold it normally. Does that make sense?
I've also got several guitar playing friends that will play the guitar while smoking and never even thump. Just let it fall as they play. I smoke and personally I cannot for the life of me do this. I can't stand the smoke getting in my eyes or ashes getting on my clothes or on the ground.
My brother (may he rest in peace) could smoke and play the guitar and he would pace a lot and smoke like this when he was thinking. Especially if it was cold.
I hope this makes sense?? :thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members