IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #60

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE never released that image, nor the other SnapChat image that is looking toward the south end of the bridge. Those images were taken from an individual's FaceBook page by the media (The DailyMail for sure, and picked up by other media). The post of the SnapChat images to the individual's FaceBook page happened before 11pm the night of the 13th. Therefore, neither of the SnapChat images is indicative of whether or not LE has possession of Libby's phone.

Yes and that sequence of events also makes sense, as the time stamp on the Snapchat photos was prior to the discovery of the bodies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One thing about the release of the photo of BG was that initially LE just wanted him to come forward. Then with the audio release he became a suspect. In between those events was the BBR search and so the audio is significant evidence IMO as it records the actual crime in part or whole. Any further evidence they have would presumably back up the evidence on the audio.

Or.....LE always had the audio and intended their early "might have seen something" request would've resulted in an early arrest, even if BG was a strong suspect from day one. At no time did LE reveal when the audio was discovered.

LE don't always lay all their cards out immediately but what they do sometimes only becomes obvious after the case wraps up.

If the flurry of activity was noted on Feb 19 then I wonder why it would take this long for such a flurry of activity if they were in possession of the actual phone. I always hope LE are on top of things and using copious amounts of common sense and the tremendous resources available to them. The skeptical side of me surfaces when I think of the area where I grew up but no longer live. You could almost commit murder in front of the courthouse and get away with it. I hope they literally jumped all over this case from the moment the girls were found. I am thankful the FBI was involved so quickly. Just my ramblings from a suspicious mind. All IMO.

I think I can understand why you're thankful the FBI are involved at the onset and I agree it's a very good thing. At the very least, it removes any potential for bias resulting from personal connections that local LE may have within the community.

Just thinking, maybe the flurry of activity involved something else entirely. For example by Feb 19th they may have received the earliest set of forensic results. Media reports can be found of interviews, by "fast tracking" DNA testing, results can be received in as early as two days.

Delphi Homicide Investigation

"Additionally, investigators have released a voice recording, extracted from a video found on Liberty "Libby" German's cell phone, that may be connected to the homicides."
http://www.in.gov/isp/delphi.htm

Bringing this forward from the media thread since we are debating the cloud vs phone again It is there in several places.

Does LE have the phone? I don't know - they say they do.

Hope it's helpful to some.

Bringing this forward from the media thread since we are debating the cloud vs phone again It is there in several places.

And here's the video of the cellphone forensics.

Indiana Computer Crimes Against Children Taskforce Assisting In Delphi Murders Investigation
http://www.wow.com/video/590202f5955a31380f55a1aa

I hope this is helpful as well.

Good observation. I don't have snapchat, so I don't know if that number changes depending on when other people view it in the app?

That's what I wonder, too. I don't have SnapChat either, but it would suggest to me the picture was pulled from its online source 7 hours after it was taken. I am on Facebook, and do know, how long ago the image was taken doesn't appear on it. Still stymied, of course!

I think they are intentionally vague about it. And there is a reason for it.

All IMO

-Nin

Catching up and saw this. And am confused. Again. Something we can do to help your wondering subside?

I like to know, who moved to the Delphi area in the last year or two, and who moved away from the Delphi area in the last year or two. I am particular interested in anyone, who moved from or to California. That's all. Could be any state really.

-Nin

LE never released that image, nor the other SnapChat image that is looking toward the south end of the bridge. Those images were taken from an individual's FaceBook page by the media (The DailyMail for sure, and picked up by other media). The post of the SnapChat images to the individual's FaceBook page happened before 11pm the night of the 13th. Therefore, neither of the SnapChat images is indicative of whether or not LE has possession of Libby's phone.

Thank you. That image of Abby is so distributed around the world in the case.

Looking back, I do recognize the cloud isn't exactly the same as Snapchat, but they are both host servers who store images for users so they can access them on multiple devices or computers. I see "the cloud" as being any service that does that, not just iCloud.

I agree with you- the investigators have made statements that they have the actual phone via quotes like that. They appear to be the ones who pulled the videos and voice captures directly off the phone, and that makes sense, or the fuller video and voice capture we aren't privy may have been shared on FaceBook as well.

Another LE statement, looking back at the (to me, shocking, as I watched it) press conference, where it was first revealed the image of BG did come from Liberty's phone, and the new reveal of the voice capture saying "down the hill," something else came up is the likelihood this suspect was known in some way to one or both girls. That was shocking to me, too, since I figured, at the time, it was likely a transient man with some sick tendencies.

I think they are intentionally vague about it. And there is a reason for it.

All IMO

-Nin

I understand the hesitance but I would agree if they had said 'recovered from Liberty's files' or some such - that would be vague IMO. But to say found on her phone
Sounds kinda specific.

Of course JMO

BBM Thank you Steleheart, quite right.

The members here who dig through the media thread or google info for people who have the same exact access to it and could look that up themselves but don't or won't are very gracious indeed.

tyou.gif

ETA: the above is not pertaining to the rule of providing links when presenting new or contrary information as we are expected to do but for when a conversation or theory regarding well established information is brought up again. imo, of course.

Mike Patty himself stated that that was why the girls were at the trails that day.

You can find that info on the media thread if you are interested.

If you, or anyone else, who may be interested, the report on Feb 14th states that the girls went to the bridge to "hang out".

@ 00:41

[video=youtube;Kop2LjEGm_8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kop2LjEGm_8[/video]

What's the good reason IYO? Can u say?

My best guess, as I have stated already, is that the good reason for not releasing the person's name is due to avoiding any vicious attacks by the public. Also, it could possibly jeopardize the investigation.

And here's the video of the cellphone forensics.

Indiana Computer Crimes Against Children Taskforce Assisting In Delphi Murders Investigation
http://www.wow.com/video/590202f5955a31380f55a1aa

I hope this is helpful as well.

It's very helpful! "pulled off Libby German's cell phone by this team". I think it means what they said and they have the phone.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

This is absolutely true AFAIK. It was someone else who got it from their own SC account 7 hours after and LE didn't know that exact time stamp;

"CASAREZ: No, the photograph that is the Snapchat photo that is tragically taken by one of the girls -- there it is right there -- of her friend, this
was taken at approximately what time? What is the timestamp on the photo?

RILEY: Well, because it`s a Snapchat, there is no timestamp on it, so we`re not sure of the exact time. We know it was after the time that they
were let off. But the exact time, we do not have that.

CASAREZ: Now, there`s a lot of things going on social media that nestled in the foliage there may be a human being that is lurking. Have your
forensic investigators looked at that photograph to determine if there is someone amongst the branches behind her?

RILEY: We have looked at it. We`ve blown it up. As a matter of fact, that was done right after we got the picture -- we had access to the
picture

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1702/16/ptab.01.html

So at some point they got "access" to the picture. Now that I think of it where did the 2:07 time come from? Anyone?

This media world we newly find ourselves is key, in this case. Not only the cell phone evidence Libby got, but those on film, in the early days of the investigation, providing thoughts, forever caught on film, and now, on YouTube. IMO. Who knows if this case will ever have justice, but I do think the person responsible is cunning. I can't say for sure he would show up at the search scene, but history tells us, it's not out of the realm of possibility for the person involved to directly insert themselves in the investigation. All this is IMO.

This is absolutely true AFAIK. It was someone else who got it from their own SC account 7 hours after and LE didn't know that exact time stamp;

"CASAREZ: No, the photograph that is the Snapchat photo that is tragically taken by one of the girls -- there it is right there -- of her friend, this

RILEY: Well, because it`s a Snapchat, there is no timestamp on it, so we`re not sure of the exact time. We know it was after the time that they

CASAREZ: Now, there`s a lot of things going on social media that nestled in the foliage there may be a human being that is lurking. Have your
forensic investigators looked at that photograph to determine if there is someone amongst the branches behind her?

RILEY: We have looked at it. We`ve blown it up. As a matter of fact, that was done right after we got the picture -- we had access to the
picture

So at some point they got "access" to the picture. Now that I think of it where did the 2:07 time come from? Anyone?

It's in the media thread in the source DM article listed as 02.07 p.m. Now I don't know where the Daily Mail article would have got that time from however. Anybody? Maybe we should be asking this question in the Image Thread .

picture

I can find no LE source of the 2:07 time mentioned.

Only Radar:
"As Radar reported, German posted a Snapchat of Williams at 2:07 pm on February 13, 2017, the last time anyone had any communication from the girls. The photo captured the image of a man walking behind them, and cops said he is the primary suspect."
http://radaronline.com/celebrity-ne...abigail-williams-liberty-german-bodies-found/

In the same report above, Radar claims to have an exclusive connection to the Sheriff.
"Sheriff Tobe Leazenby told Radar exclusively, “The FBI, State Police and local police applied for a search warrant for the property owned by Ronald Logan, who is currently in custody.”

I'm not sure if I believe that as Radar pays for news. My theory is Radar publishes anything and never actually verifies the source.

It's in the media thread in the source DM article listed as 02.07 p.m. Now I don't know where the Daily Mail article would have got that time from however. Anybody? Maybe we should be asking this question in the Image Thread .
It seems to ,me that I saw the picture somewhere that said " 2:07". I can't remember. But most of the versions say " 7 hours ago". But if true and the 2:07 came from the picture that would mean that at some point LE or someone got into Libby"s actual SC account?

Now I am confused.. Imagine that. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members