IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #60

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alrighty then, now that we have established the fact that it IS referenced as just outside of Delphi, perhaps that will provide an explanation to those questioning the sealed petition indicating where the girls tragically lost their lives. Hope so.

This is a small town. Anyone these two girls knew on any level would also be known by either family or friends. I believe that if someone who knows BG saw the pic and heard the voice, they would be able say, i.e "that's Joe who works at the gas station". And if he was known to the girls only via social media, I think he would have been traced that way by now, considering all of the specialized LE called in to work the case. So for me, he was not known to them and was probably not local to Delphi. But he could be from another town not far away, but far enough so that people who DO know him did not think of him when and if they saw the image.

Jmo

Don't get me wrong. I don't believe that LE has Libby's phone at all. The activities on the morning of the 14th only make sense to me if LE had recovered the video early that morning several hours before the girls were found.

Jethro, one thing puzzles me about your statement.

If they don't have the phone, where would the vid of BG come from? Someone uploaded to a cloud?

If they don't have the phone, where would the vid of BG come from? Someone uploaded to a cloud?

So it's a separate monthly charge to use iCloud and you choose in advance what gets backed up. I only started using it this year when I downloaded a lot of movies and my iPhone finally got close to full. I don't think it's a feature many people use because you have to pay monthly for it. Your phone gets backed up at night if it's plugged in.

We obviously don't know if Libby subscribed but I would think it unlikely. If the entire video was pushed to Snapchat, I think we would have heard about it. The Daily Mail at least is not above leaking something that big.

IMO they found the phone. LE has said "off the phone" in a number of ways that made it sound like they had a physical phone. iCloud acts like a backup, not like Dropbox or another easily accessible cloud storage device. That they found a physical phone (maybe hidden on Libby!) is the only thing that makes sense to me.

I think the phone(s) will be a key piece of evidence.We know of a couple of people already who have had their phones searched when being questioned by LE which says to me that perhaps the killer(s) recorded his activities of the day/night with one of their phones and perhaps sent the recording to his own phone.I believe something like that would make sense for peoples phones being searched.If the perp had a prepaid phone such as straight talk then no record of name would be associated with the number the phone has.If that is the case then maybe LE could have released the number and perhaps someone in the murderers life such as employer,friend,relative could have recognized it.Of course there is the possibility that the perp could change his prepaid number and perhaps the number would have been assigned to a different phone owned by someone else by then and possibly bring the new owner some grief for a second with their number being associated with this but that could narrow down the search considerably in my opinion.

You can probably tell I don't use any snapchat/cloud etc features so really am unfamiliar with what/how they work.

My conundrum was if, as Jethro mentioned, they didn't have the phone, where did the vid come from and did BG want the part of him on the bridge to be seen. I've always considered the possibility he recorded the actual crime.

Thanks for the replies.

So it's a separate monthly charge to use iCloud and you choose in advance what gets backed up. I only started using it this year when I downloaded a lot of movies and my iPhone finally got close to full. I don't think it's a feature many people use because you have to pay monthly for it. Your phone gets backed up at night if it's plugged in.

We obviously don't know if Libby subscribed but I would think it unlikely. If the entire video was pushed to Snapchat, I think we would have heard about it. The Daily Mail at least is not above leaking something that big.

IMO they found the phone. LE has said "off the phone" in a number of ways that made it sound like they had a physical phone. iCloud acts like a backup, not like Dropbox or another easily accessible cloud storage device. That they found a physical phone (maybe hidden on Libby!) is the only thing that makes sense to me.

I think the phone(s) will be a key piece of evidence.We know of a couple of people already who have had their phones searched when being questioned by LE which says to me that perhaps the killer(s) recorded his activities of the day/night with one of their phones and perhaps sent the recording to his own phone.I believe something like that would make sense for peoples phones being searched.If the perp had a prepaid phone such as straight talk then no record of name would be associated with the number the phone has.If that is the case then maybe LE could have released the number and perhaps someone in the murderers life such as employer,friend,relative could have recognized it.Of course there is the possibility that the perp could change his prepaid number and perhaps the number would have been assigned to a different phone owned by someone else by then and possibly bring the new owner some grief for a second with their number being associated with this but that could narrow down the search considerably in my opinion.

The iCloud is free for the first 5GB, then there are plans starting at $0.99 per month for 50GB of storage space. 5GB is plenty of space to save photos and videos as long as you download them to your computer then delete them off of the cloud. Since Libby was into photography I don't think it would be a far stretch to think her GPs would pay $0.99 a month so she could have more space if she really needed it. IMO
https://www.apple.com/icloud/setup/ios.html

Indiana Computer Crimes Against Children Taskforce Assisting In Delphi Murders Investigation
http://www.wow.com/video/590202f5955a31380f55a1aa

VIDEO DESCRIPTION
Investigators are helping to provide specialized technical assistance to help track down the person or persons who killed Libby German and Abby Williams
DURATION: 03:43

The Delphi segment begins at about 1:30pm.

While I think nobody has transcribed this video, maybe that's a thought because watching it leaves no doubt in my mind that the cellphone was recovered.

Misty, it appears from watching that clip that the phone would be in their posession. They are connecting a phone and a hard drive in the report (if I saw correctly).

I was trying to figure out why there are differing opinions and how each person comes to the conclusion that LE did or did not have the phone.

Indiana Computer Crimes Against Children Taskforce Assisting In Delphi Murders Investigation
http://www.wow.com/video/590202f5955a31380f55a1aa

VIDEO DESCRIPTION
Investigators are helping to provide specialized technical assistance to help track down the person or persons who killed Libby German and Abby Williams
DURATION: 03:43

The Delphi segment begins at about 1:30pm.

While I think nobody has transcribed this video, maybe that's a thought because watching it leaves no doubt in my mind that the cellphone was recovered.

The iCloud is free for the first 5GB, then there are plans starting at $0.99 per month for 50GB of storage space. 5GB is plenty of space to save photos and videos as long as you download them to your computer then delete them off of the cloud. Since Libby was into photography I don't think it would be a far stretch to think her GPs would pay $0.99 a month so she could have more space if she really needed it. IMO

The basic purpose of iCloud is to provide additional storage and to backup data if recovery is required. I can't think of even one reason that a typical teen smartphone user would download data to iCloud throughout the day. For one thing it requires additional battery power.

The basic purpose of iCloud is to provide additional storage and to backup data if recovery is required. I can't think of even one reason that a typical teen smartphone user would download data to iCloud throughout the day. For one thing it requires additional battery power.

There's no work in downloading data to the iCloud, it is all done automatically in the background, and doesn't take up too much power. It is perfect for someone who takes a lot of pictures because those pictures will be accessible on any device you own, or any device that you can log into the cloud from.

Misty, it appears from watching that clip that the phone would be in their posession. They are connecting a phone and a hard drive in the report (if I saw correctly).

I was trying to figure out why there are differing opinions and how each person comes to the conclusion that LE did or did not have the phone.

The phone they were plugging in was just a random phone, but the way they were talking about getting the info off her phone, makes me believe they have her phone. IMO

There are multiple free cloud storage options depending on what type of phone Libby used.

http://www.networkworld.com/article/2932962/cloud-storage/19-free-cloud-storage-options.html

The phone they were plugging in was just a random phone, but the way they were talking about getting the info off her phone, makes me believe they have her phone. IMO

Oh, I realize that!

There's no work in downloading data to the iCloud, it is all done automatically in the background, and doesn't take up too much power. It is perfect for someone who takes a lot of pictures because those pictures will be accessible on any device you own, or any device that you can log into the cloud from.

Y'all have me going around in circles now.
So any vid data would automatically be stored in the cloud?
IOW no one needed to save it there manually. Correct?
So we're back to LE doesn't necessarily need to have the phone to access the info. Correct?

I don't understand it either. My only guess is that some people have a favoured theory in mind and it involves the cellphone not being found. If so, the theory would also have to take into account that Internet Crimes Against Children Taskforce is intentionally misleading the public. I just can't go there as the intrigity of the investigation is absolutely critical to a successful prosecution. MOO

Y'all have me going around in circles now.
So any vid data would automatically be stored in the cloud?
IOW no one needed to save it there manually. Correct?
So we're back to LE doesn't necessarily need to have the phone to access the info. Correct?

Haha..... that is correct, correct and correct.

I am fairly inept with phones, but just checked my Ipad and see that photos and videos ARE set to automatically go to the "cloud" (whatever that is). I don't recall ever doing that manually, but who knows.

A cellphone doesn't automatically download to iCloud. Sure maybe a professional photographer might preset for instant backup but Libby was only 14 years old. For all we know she downloads her photos to a family computer with a larger storage capacity and they don't use iCloud at all. The only reference to the type of phone that Libby had iirc was that it was a smartphone.

There's absolutely no mention of iCloud associated to this case anywhere that I can find, other than on forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay