IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #61

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the cause of death was obvious then yes I could understand the time frame(short between finding girls and interment) but wouldn't there be a period of time in this case to fully view the bodies and submit a full report including forensics. In my little hometown a family practitioner would not have the tools to do a complete forensics(as Delphi probably has being a small town). Maybe I've been watching too many crime shows. JMO

As I remember it, both bodies were sent to the State Forensics Lab in Terre Haite, IN where I am quite sure they did a thorough examination of the bodies and removed any forensic evidence or the bodies would not have been released. The bodies were not simply examined by a local ME. Someone correct me please, if I am wrong.

http://www.in.gov/isp/labs/

Many of you assume that the murderer used a firearm but a handgun can be tracked, a knife or even a rock cannot.

Not necessarily. In Kentucky you do not have to buy your guns from a store and apply for a permit there. You can buy used firearms at yard sales, flea markets, from friends, etc. There is very little control and virtually no paper trail. My dad sells guns at festivals. It is up to the buyer to register them. I suspect that most do not.

A HUH FOR ME/ (about the theory that the PERP KNEW THAT SCHOOL WAS OUT THAT DAY)
The crime happened in the afternoon--2:30. To me that doesn't point to a local perp knowing school was out that day. That's getting close to the time when high schools are normally letting out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I posted the same thing a few weeks ago. If he was expecting a child to be out of school that day, I would have expected him to be there much earlier.

IMO. I totally agree that the way he is carrying (what I think is a gun) is very atypical. I think it is either haphazardly placed backwards into a large right external front pocket from the right hand or placed from the left hand into an internal pocket on the right side. I've never seen a holster that carries a gun in that location with that orientation. This would suggest to me that he is inexperienced or unrefined in carrying firearms. There are many holsters for cheap that allow excellent concealment of handguns in other locations. In my opinion and experience he is not using one in that picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I definitely think we are seeing the outline of a gun in his jacket. However, like you, I'm scratching my head trying to figure out how to make sense of the placement.

Then I remembered that we're looking at an extremely reckless criminal IMO. He kidnapped, controlled and killed two teenage girls in broad daylight at a park that other people happened to be at that day. He could have such a blasé attitude toward life in general, that he didn't care how he carried it. After I thought this over, I started thinking what if he isn't so "smart" after all. Maybe he's honestly a dumb reckless criminal that happened to pull off what may seem to be the perfect crime. I'm not saying this is true. In fact, I'm still mostly leaning toward this being a serial killer. Just throwing another theory in the mix that crossed my mind...

Either way, I hope and pray every day that this monster is caught, and the families can start on the road to healing.

IMO. I totally agree that the way he is carrying (what I think is a gun) is very atypical. I think it is either haphazardly placed backwards into a large right external front pocket from the right hand or placed from the left hand into an internal pocket on the right side. I've never seen a holster that carries a gun in that location with that orientation. This would suggest to me that he is inexperienced or unrefined in carrying firearms. There are many holsters for cheap that allow excellent concealment of handguns in other locations. In my opinion and experience he is not using one in that picture.

If that is a gun that is being seen, it would more than likely be under the jacket (not in a pocket) and holstered something like this.

attachment.php

Attachments

• HolsterLeft.png
    HolsterLeft.png
    472.2 KB · Views: 668
Been lurking through about 70% of the threads on this case and it’s irritated me enough to finally go ahead and register. Reading all the competing theories has made me want to throw my 2 cents in.

I think this guy was just an opportunist who would have acted on any females that came into range. He’d probably been casing the park for days/weeks/months and these two girls were the unlucky ones who stumbled upon him at the right time, for him.

The lack of information on what exactly happened to the girls does make it difficult to ascertain a motive - sexual assault? Maybe. But it comes across to me as more of a Ted Bundy type killing. Murder and/or sexual assault because he’s a psychopath.

I don’t really think this is anyone the girls or their families knew. Just my hunch but who knows. Such an odd case.

How sad to see that the case doesn´t progress.

I agree this is very sad ....

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Times new roman, serif, EmojiFont] I am sad that LE have made numerous unrelated arrests - while asking for tips from the public .[/FONT]

I do not think that sombody who may know the killer(s) is going to be Mr or Ms Squeaky Clean .

Yes I would like to think if someone bought a hot car or crack/meth from a guy who looked like BG , they would report it
but sadly people do value their freedom .

Sad that two little girls cannot take a walk in nature without being murdered.

IMO

Giving...generally you feed horses in their stalls which I'd expect to be close to the house. That didn't look like a feed bucket. I kinds think it's just an abandoned cooler because you're right filling that up so far from the house would be an awful lot of work. Also, with horses, would normally have a self filling water trough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In uk often horses winter out . Mine do for instance because we live in an area of the country that seldom gets snow ( only twice in 15 years) and they just put themselves in the open barn when the weather is wet and stormy. Thats where we put the hay in the barn in a large hay rack. Water is in an old bath that is filled by rainwater from a roof gutter on that barn. RL also has goats I believe someone said.

Not unless it's a high prize horse ..a top of the line show horse..and then if it was stolen,you couldn't go to the big shows or it would be recognized at so and so prize horse. So I don't think this is a possibility.

[emoji237]Always My Own Opinion[emoji4]
That's not always the case. We had an old pony stolen from his paddock by two lads. One on a motor bike and the other just with a rope round his neck. Luckily someone saw and reported it. They went down an old rail track towards a village so we called police and headed to the village. Spent about two hours looking for him when suddenly he was trotting up the road towards us. The kids had let him go when the police got involved basically. Never identified the kids but pony was no worse for wear luckily. My daughter had to walk him back up that two mile track to his paddock. We had about 10 others in that paddock, big riding school horses and they took the little old pony probably for a dare and cos they couldn't catch or handle the others. Remember, school was out so anything was possible.

Been lurking through about 70% of the threads on this case and it’s irritated me enough to finally go ahead and register. Reading all the competing theories has made me want to throw my 2 cents in.

I think this guy was just an opportunist who would have acted on any females that came into range. He’d probably been casing the park for days/weeks/months and these two girls were the unlucky ones who stumbled upon him at the right time, for him.

The lack of information on what exactly happened to the girls does make it difficult to ascertain a motive - sexual assault? Maybe. But it comes across to me as more of a Ted Bundy type killing. Murder and/or sexual assault because he’s a psychopath.

I don’t really think this is anyone the girls or their families knew. Just my hunch but who knows. Such an odd case.

Welcome Piney, who knows indeed. Someone is hiding something for sure. Lack of details makes it very difficult to solve for us. Even though we have the video and audio. It's unbelievable really with clues like that.

Welcome Piney Woods :)

:welcome3:

That's not always the case. We had an old pony stolen from his paddock by two lads. One on a motor bike and the other just with a rope round his neck. Luckily someone saw and reported it. They went down an old rail track towards a village so we called police and headed to the village. Spent about two hours looking for him when suddenly he was trotting up the road towards us. The kids had let him go when the police got involved basically. Never identified the kids but pony was no worse for wear luckily. My daughter had to walk him back up that two mile track to his paddock. We had about 10 others in that paddock, big riding school horses and they took the little old pony probably for a dare and cos they couldn't catch or handle the others. Remember, school was out so anything was possible.

Can't see anyone stealing a horse then killing 2 teens over it, don't matter how we cut it. They would have to prove he was and who it was. If no one around these girls have named him I personally don't think they know him.IMOO

[emoji237]Always My Own Opinion[emoji4]

If that is a gun that is being seen, it would more than likely be under the jacket (not in a pocket) and holstered something like this.

attachment.php

Finally someone has got it right thank you for finding this pic!!!!

Hi Jabarn- Occam's razor.....it might be the simplest scenario. He might have something to hide of a criminal nature. See Websight's great experiment on the image thread that can really solidify this theory for you....it did me. That experiment indicates that with the zoom on Libby's phone, the BG may have been 60-70 ft away. He wasn't seeing anything going on with these girls that far away. As he got closer he see's she is filming everything in the area. My speculation....
I really think Libby video'd him over her shoulder while pretending a selfie ... so are we seeing him in reverse/image mode? And would this mean he never knew she had imaged him? If so, scrap the idea of that irking him and may explain why he didn't confiscate the phone (or Libby had tossed it at some point nearby)... just thoughts...

Could someone please direct me to when LE mentioned that this was a complicated case. The timeline on this case is so difficult. I believe it was an interview when this was mentioned. I've searched everywhere but can not locate this statement. The verbiage may have been a bit different but it sure indicated that this case was a bit difficult for LE to figure out from the beginning. Thanks so much!

Don't have the quote handy but I've found if you Google or other search engine Delphi LE difficult case or something like that, usually a quote will pop up in an article.

Just a fwiw :fence:

Could someone please direct me to when LE mentioned that this was a complicated case. The timeline on this case is so difficult. I believe it was an interview when this was mentioned. I've searched everywhere but can not locate this statement. The verbiage may have been a bit different but it sure indicated that this case was a bit difficult for LE to figure out from the beginning. Thanks so much!

Thanks! I have searched and searched but still could not find. Im pretty sure it was from a ISP Sgt. I will keep looking and searching but his words really struck me. Could this go missing or deleted?

Thanks! I have searched and searched but still could not find. Im pretty sure it was from a ISP Sgt. I will keep looking and searching but his words really struck me. Could this go missing or deleted?

The investigation into the murders of two Delphi teenagers is a complicated one, and Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said investigators are doing everything they can to solve the case.

He said there were “several pieces to this huge puzzle.”

That's one article
http://fox59.com/2017/02/23/carroll...investigation-says-dna-evidence-fast-tracked/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel