IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #62

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sort of surprised to see speculation of any connection between the pictures of the man in the jacket/the sketch and the photo taken of a man in a park in California. Like... what exactly is the similarity? White men with jeans? How can we make such speculations based on such a grainy photo. IMO, the man in the grainy photo is wearing a brown hoodie underneath a dark raincoat-kind of jacket. He's got his right hand pushing up the dark coat so it can rest in the front pocket of the hoodie. With the direction of the light and the lack of detail in the photo, it makes it look like he has some sort of bag or device on his right hip like the guy in the park photo does. The park photo situation is definitely sketchy, but I'm just really confused how that and the murders in Indiana could possibly be connected. MOO

It's things like this that make me want to wear a mask in public and remove all my SM accounts.

Maybe the witness and BG made eye contact. She could have become a instead of a witness, and she knows it. Scarey thought but just guessing.

I can still see an adult being afraid to tell, even with BG being a stranger. Leaks get around in a small town and anymore, all you need is a name to find out where someone lives. Especially if said adult has children of their own that they are fearful could be harmed. He obviously has no hesitation in killing. It may have taken 5 months to make <her> own plan for security that she felt comfortable with before she could work up the nerve. There's just so many scenarios possible about why it took so long.

The witness could also be grown and have children the age of the deceased and perhaps fears for them. However, I agree that this sounds more like a minor to be afraid and not want to get involved.

One step closer to finding this perp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LE said to not focus on it. I think that's because they aren't sure exactly what kind of hat it is. I don't know why so many people are talking about it. IMO, the hat means nothing.

IIRC, LE said they drew the cap on him on purpose because they didn't know it the guy was bald or had hair on the top of his head, since the witness apparently saw him with a cap on his head. Not knowing the head hair could be a problem for some folks to id him in a line-up or pics. The suspect, if/when they have one will have to wear some kind of cap for ID purposes, seems to me.

I can still see an adult being afraid to tell, even with BG being a stranger. Leaks get around in a small town and anymore, all you need is a name to find out where someone lives. Especially if said adult has children of their own that they are fearful could be harmed. He obviously has no hesitation in killing. It may have taken 5 months to make <her> own plan for security that she felt comfortable with before she could work up the nerve. There's just so many scenarios possible about why it took so long.
Agree. It could be terrifying to be a witness to a murderer.

Hi all, I'm new to posting here but have visited many times off and on over the years as a guest. I wasn't aware of this case until I happened to see the release of the sketch on the news, and then spent all of last night reading up on the details, and I guess the role the smartphone played here really caught my attention as I've not seen anything like this before so here I am posting.

With respect to the level of detail and confidence in the sketch, I think it's possible that LE had more to work with from the bridge video in that even if it only captures him briefly, they can see him in full motion. We can only look at three still frames. So, they may have already had a rough sketch in mind, and the witness provided the details needed to confirm or fill out the rest of the picture for them, resulting in this sketch. I am still curious as to why they released stills and not video, but I'm sure they must have a reason and that in and of itself is interesting (what unique thing might have happened before the encounter as he approached?).

So, Yes the whole hat deal is bizarre. why not give him hair as was shown in the photo. If LE had not mentioned the cap no one would have thought anything about it. I agree with a previous poster, whom ever saw him was up close enough to see his eyes were not blue, notice when he is walking, he is walking with his head down. I doubt he would have looked up for any one passing by as he would not want to show his face.
Yes, but maybe he looked up for a potential target. His looking down pic was when going across that treacherous bridge.

We have a photo.

We have a voice.

We have a detailed rendering (i.e. sketch).

We have a reward upwards of a quarter of a million dollars.

If this monster is not identified and arrested in the coming days or weeks then I will sadly lose all confidence that he will ever be. I'm aware of the unfortunate fact that cases go cold all the time but I'm not sure that one with this many compelling clues ever has. It seems unprecedented and I can't for the life of me understand why he has not already been named. Even if BG is a recluse and transient at this stage in his life, I'm fairly certain that he has or once had family members (immediate or extended), co-workers, friends, sexual partners, high school acquaintances, etc. at some point.

I mean, we all have past ties. Why would he be any different? Why is a (presumed) eyewitness the only person to come forward when the suspect, simply by virtue of being a human being in the Western world during the 21st century, has had contact with other people, even if limited. (Unless he was raised by wolves, which at this point is the only explanation I can come up with that out of 320 million people in the USA, not one has yet to say, "I know this guy.")

(One more thing - whoever he is, I seriously doubt he's on FB. And if he is, he probably doesn't use a profile pic of himself or have any selfies posted. Why do we keep thinking we can find him in this manner?)

In New England, odds are only a few tens of thousands have heard about the murders and even fewer have seen the sketch. There just hasn't been a huge amount of coverage. So if he's from here or related to somebody here, it likely wouldn't have been reported yet.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Well guys bickering with each other and focusing on things that don't matter (like apparently the exact style of hat used in the composite) certainly worked well and kept the thread open the last time so I guess it's a clever idea to do it in this new thread as well.

There are lots of people like me who mainly lurk these threads and don't post because Websleuths is probably the best place to read discussion about these kind of things and it would be a shame if it was ruined yet again because people can't seem to understand why the last thread was closed and then not do those same things again.

This is backseat modding and will probably be deleted but it needs to be said. I want to be able to see the joy and celebration on here when BG is caught and charged for his crimes, that can't happen if certain users are intent on ruining it for everybody else

Amen!!! Great 1st post. I wholeheartedly agree.

Thank you.

Moo.

It occurs to me that the witness who provided the detailed description of BG such that a sketch was possible was likely shown books of mugshots to try to ID him and couldn't.

First, I don't put much importance on the hat. However, since you mentioned it's out of fashion, someone posted on here yesterday they know at least 3 people who still wear it (person was from or near IN). In the beginning the jeans were called out of fashion by people posting here. My point is fashion IMO has nothing to do with what a killer would be wearing. Clothes can be found anywhere.
I don't know if I have seen the following discussed. Do we know what is on the POI's right hip/thigh? Is is a fanny pack or a scarf hanging out of his jacket? If it is a scarf it would add to the bulk of his torso, which is already increased by the hooded sweatshirt and jacket. So it could be tough to estimate his weight from that photo.

In New England, odds are only a few tens of thousands have heard about the murders and even fewer have seen the sketch. There just hasn't been a huge amount of coverage. So if he's from here or related to somebody here, it likely wouldn't have been reported yet.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

This is true. I'm from New England and this never touched any of our local stations; I read one article about it on a national news website when it first occurred and even then it wasn't front page news. I think we should all take a few minutes out of our day and send emails asking local stations for coverage of the sketch- you never know what has the potential to make a break in the case for these girls and their families.

We have a photo.

We have a voice.

We have a detailed rendering (i.e. sketch).

We have a reward upwards of a quarter of a million dollars.

If this monster is not identified and arrested in the coming days or weeks then I will sadly lose all confidence that he will ever be. I'm aware of the unfortunate fact that cases go cold all the time but I'm not sure that one with this many compelling clues ever has. It seems unprecedented and I can't for the life of me understand why he has not already been named. Even if BG is a recluse and transient at this stage in his life, I'm fairly certain that he has or once had family members (immediate or extended), co-workers, friends, sexual partners, high school acquaintances, etc. at some point.

I mean, we all have past ties. Why would he be any different? Why is a (presumed) eyewitness the only person to come forward when the suspect, simply by virtue of being a human being in the Western world during the 21st century, has had contact with other people, even if limited. (Unless he was raised by wolves, which at this point is the only explanation I can come up with that out of 320 million people in the USA, not one has yet to say, "I know this guy.")

(One more thing - whoever he is, I seriously doubt he's on FB. And if he is, he probably doesn't use a profile pic of himself or have any selfies posted. Why do we keep thinking we can find him in this manner?)

But, then again, with that teacher/student abduction this year, it took time to find them. And the nation had very clear pics.

Hi all, I'm new to posting here but have visited many times off and on over the years as a guest. I wasn't aware of this case until I happened to see the release of the sketch on the news, and then spent all of last night reading up on the details, and I guess the role the smartphone played here really caught my attention as I've not seen anything like this before so here I am posting.

With respect to the level of detail and confidence in the sketch, I think it's possible that LE had more to work with from the bridge video in that even if it only captures him briefly, they can see him in full motion. We can only look at three still frames. So, they may have already had a rough sketch in mind, and the witness provided the details needed to confirm or fill out the rest of the picture for them, resulting in this sketch. I am still curious as to why they released stills and not video, but I'm sure they must have a reason and that in and of itself is interesting (what unique thing might have happened before the encounter as he approached?).

Welcome!! May I ask where you live that you hadnt heard of this case yet? You dont have to be specific if you do not feel comfortable in doing so, but maybe at least a general region? I am curious how many people have still not heard about this, and if one of them is the missing link who could ID him...

Welcome!! May I ask where you live that you hadnt heard of this case yet? You dont have to be specific if you do not feel comfortable in doing so, but maybe at least a general region? I am curious how many people have still not heard about this, and if one of them is the missing link who could ID him...

I am in New England. FWIW I don't think it wasn't covered, I think I just happened to miss it somehow.

I don't know if I have seen the following discussed. Do we know what is on the POI's right hip/thigh? Is is a fanny pack or a scarf hanging out of his jacket? If it is a scarf it would add to the bulk of his torso, which is already increased by the hooded sweatshirt and jacket. So it could be tough to estimate his weight from that photo.

His legs are fully shown and that probably helps in determining his torso proportions....

But if this witness just saw BG walking it doesn't make sense she would fear him. It had to be a more substantial encounter than that.

I don't think so. This guy brutally murdered two teenage girls, if I had seen him and even had an inkling that he'd seen me too I'd be terrified he'd figure out who I was if I came forward. Doesn't mean BG knows the witness, doesn't mean he had any interaction with her. Fear isn't always rational and justified, especially when dealing with a killer!

This is true. I'm from New England and this never touched any of our local stations; I read one article about it on a national news website when it first occurred and even then it wasn't front page news. I think we should all take a few minutes out of our day and send emails asking local stations for coverage of the sketch- you never know what has the potential to make a break in the case for these girls and their families.

This kind of thing needs to get out in other ways, in addition to local news. Things like going around Facebook or being in website ads. I'm in my 30s and I've never watched local news, we don't even have cable. No one I know has cable tv anymore (other than my parents). Things like this need to go viral on Reddit or pop up on the Facebook side bar news feed, for maximum eyes on the sketch.

As an example, I guarantee you my husband hasn't seen this sketch or heard about this murder. We live in the midwest, don't watch the news on tv, don't get newspapers. We read all our news online, a large variety of sources.

I find it very interesting that different people see things so differently. I have checked out the mug shot of JDD and I cannot see any resemblance to the sketch. Either his mug is not a true depiction or the sketch is way off--sometimes they are. I have to add, though, that the sketch put out in this case is more complete and detailed than what you usually see. And, I have seen arrests made based on a sketch where it is claimed the perp is a dead ringer, and I can't see it. Also, I felt the sketch put forth of Sierra's killer was so close AGT could have modeled for it, while others here saw little to no resemblance.

It will be interesting to see how close this sketch is to the killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela