IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #68

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, IIRC, a witness did indicate that a couple had been walking around.

I'll peruse a few earlier threads, and see if I can't find this.

Yes, but weren't these guys identified and ruled out?

What were the specific nature of the threats at Mt Herman? Was he just yeilding an ax like a crazy person or what? Can we find any charging docs in the other homicide case (poor guy)...if so, are these legal to link? Tia.

A tad more information on the guy arrested in Colorado:

1) Convicted of indecent exposure in 2007 in Spartanburg, SC
2) Lived in Greenwood, Indiana which is 91 miles from Delphi.
3) DOB was 10/8/85 which makes him almost 32 years old.

Based on circumstantial information (photo vs. sketch, prior arrests, circumstances of newest arrest, gag order on latest mug shot).. I am 70% certain this is our guy.

If I'm reading correctly, he received the max sentence for indecent exposure in South Carolina. Three years. moo

What were the specific nature of the threats at Mt Herman? Was he just yeilding an ax like a crazy person or what? Can we find any charging docs in the other homicide case (poor guy)...if so, are these legal to link? Tia.

To the best of my understanding the Colorado man arrested for threatening people with an axe has only been arrested for an unrelated weapons violation. From what I have read they found a gun in his car and seeing that he had a felony in Indiana he was not allowed to have a firearm. I do not think he has been charged with the murder of the biker... yet, at least that we know of. I haven't been able to find anything specific about what he did with the axe/hatchet that was threatening. A lot to think about here... does anyone know if he was suspected in Abbey and Liberty's case if they would wait to charge him for the Colorado crime until after he was extradited to Indiana? With FBI involvement I wonder how that would all come into play.

I don't think he has been charged yet but the man killed was Tim Watkins, a mountain biker, who was shot and his body half buried under mud and leaves about a week or so ago. (There doesn't appear to be a thread for him yet) I guess they will be doing ballistics on the weapon to see if there is a match to the Watkins homicide.

Yes, but weren't these guys identified and ruled out?
Well, you would think so, but I also remember reading that all RSOs had been followed up on in the early days of the case. This fellow was apparently non-compliant, so did they know about him or not? Certainly the FBI has the manpower to send someone around to SC or Fla to check up on this guy. Did he fall through the cracks?

Also, why hasn't he been charged in Colorado yet? How long can they hold him on a gun charge? Wont he need a court appearance?

I'm curious if the FBI in Colorado has been to visit this guy.

I would suggest anyone looking for more info google the Colorado Springs Gazette for an article that is interesting reading.

A tad more information on the guy arrested in Colorado:

1) Convicted of indecent exposure in 2007 in Spartanburg, SC
2) Lived in Greenwood, Indiana which is 91 miles from Delphi, IN.
3) DOB was 10/8/85 which makes him almost 32 years old.

Based on circumstantial information (photo vs. sketch, prior arrests, circumstances of newest arrest, gag order on latest mug shot).. I am 70% certain this is our guy.

I am at about 90 % right now. He was per a Gazette article also recently found guilty of a domestic assault in front of a child in 2016, which fits with the profile of recently family stress.

I am right there with you on number 1... but would explains suspicions I've had since the beginning. Regarding number 2 a psychotic break? perhaps precipitated by the double homicide in Indiana and a national manhunt...Also JMO for what it's worth but we don't know that Abby and Liberty's killer wasn't overtly threatening after all they were afraid enough to record using both audio and video. Also LE has stated they believe Liberty knew something bad was going to happen and that's why she hit record. With regard to number 3 age doesn't look off to me, but hair looks longer, something easily taken care of.

Well maybe we go back to the theory that the girls saw something. If this RSO was doing something and they recorded him that could have been enough to set him off. If he was doing something sexual then perhaps the girls got scared. That's why we have the recording. I would have been very worried myself. He's a habitual criminal and an RSO. If he's got outstanding warrants and felt threatened by what the girls saw, it could explain why a double homicide occurred and not just as a thrill. Maybe it was more of a necessity on his part.

I mean, the guy they arrested in Colorado was walking the trails and threatening people with a hatchet. He was just coming by people as he wondered. It could have been the exact same thing in Delphi. The guy's always prepared, walks the trails does what he does and then leaves.

Just thinking out loud. It just seems that this guy could be the perfect fit for BG.

MOO

I

I don't think he has been charged yet but the man killed was Tim Watkins, a mountain biker, who was shot and his body half buried under mud and leaves about a week or so ago. (There doesn't appear to be a thread for him yet)

Trying not to go overboard with speculation here, but the news about the condition of this man's body really kicks in my spidy sense given how the searchers were unable to find Abby and Liberty until the next day...one heck of a coincidence it would seem.

Her DNA could have been at the crime scene. IF she doesn't have anything on her record there would be nothing to match what police found. Maybe they knew his DNA would be in the system so he lured the girls off the bridge but she was the one who actually did the crime so they wouldn't be caught. EVERYTHING IMO.

Interesting train of thought, love the ideas; I will be VERY surprised if a female killed these lovely girls.

Also, LE would know if the DNA was female...but now, would they release that?

Well maybe we go back to the theory that the girls saw something. If this RSO was doing something and they recorded him that could have been enough to set him off. If he was doing something sexual then perhaps the girls got scared. That's why we have the recording. I would have been very worried myself. He's a habitual criminal and an RSO. If he's got outstanding warrants and felt threatened by what the girls saw, it could explain why a double homicide occurred and not just as a thrill. Maybe it was more of a necessity on his part.

I mean, the guy they arrested in Colorado was walking the trails and threatening people with a hatchet. He was just coming by people as he wondered. It could have been the exact same thing in Delphi. The guy's always prepared, walks the trails does what he does and then leaves.

Just thinking out loud. It just seems that this guy could be the perfect fit for BG.

MOO

I

I completely agree.

To the best of my understanding the Colorado man arrested for threatening people with an axe has only been arrested for an unrelated weapons violation. From what I have read they found a gun in his car and seeing that he had a felony in Indiana he was not allowed to have a firearm. I do not think he has been charged with the murder of the biker... yet, at least that we know of. I haven't been able to find anything specific about what he did with the axe/hatchet that was threatening. A lot to think about here... does anyone know if he was suspected in Abbey and Liberty's case if they would wait to charge him for the Colorado crime until after he was extradited to Indiana? With FBI involvement I wonder how that would all come into play.

Could be they knew all along but couldn't find him...sounds like he was off the grid a bit with LE only way to find him was his vehicle, job, etc. He obviously had not registered with LE.

Interesting train of thought, love the ideas; I will be VERY surprised if a female killed these last very girls.

Also, LE would know if the DNA was female...but now, would they release that?

I agree that would be very strange, and very unusual, but in this crazy world who knows. Just read a disturbing news story out of Russia this morning about a couple that cannabalized women they lured on dating apps...sick.

Trying not to go overboard with speculation here, but the news about the condition of this man's body really kicks in my spidy sense given how the searchers were unable to find Abby and Liberty until the next day...one heck of a coincidence it would seem.

Can you link please (condition of his body)? (Having tech diffs), Tia.

MOO

I

Interesting thoughts! And it made me think.... having a coat on to cover up a gun in Indiana in February... is a lot different than walking the trails with a coat on in Colorado in September. Wonder if was carrying a hatchet because that would seem fairly "normal" to be seen with while hiking or camping since he couldn't wear a coat and look normal???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper