IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm.... how might LE legally be able to take possession of a pair of, let's say... boots - without a warrant?

because they were investigating a crime in progress, an emergency - the "Bomb Scare". Taking time to secure a warrant is unnecessary and dangerous during an emergency response.

MOO

http://wlfi.com/2017/02/21/authorities-squash-social-media-investigation-rumors-prep-for-press-conference/

“Just because we haven’t released information to the media doesn’t mean we don’t have more information,” Indiana State Police Sgt. Tony Slocum said.

Police said what you don’t know about this investigation is good for you.
“Some of the facts we don’t release are only known to the person who committed the crime,” he said.

By this logic, the less that people know, the more the people benefit.

We discussed transfer DNA earlier (in general, not as it pertains to this case.)

Maybe hog DNA was found on scene?

I would imagine it's not cheap and a small town PD might not have that kind of money in the budget. JMO

The article states it costs $6000. I am sure that is a manageable cost.

I am still a few pages behind but wanted to get a few thoughts down before my son wakes from his nap....

I find it interesting how we all hear things differently. Some hear a demand or whatever. I'm not so sure. To me is sounds more like a description. Or maybe even a question. I just wish we could hear more.

A lot of people are wondering about registered sex offenders. But how likely is it that a registered sex offender in the area did this and LE hasn't figured it out yet? I say very unlikely.
Agree, I guarantee LE they checked and rechecked all registered sex offenders fingerprints, DNA, and their minute-by-minute activity last week.

for one it has too many platform step outs, secondly, the step outs are too close together and i have seen this picture on google and its not in delphi, but it doesnt really matter as long as the perspective was gained of where the perp was standing. jmo

yes i saw browsing the web the speculated manner of death. moo.

I agree, I live about a hour and half north of Delphi but grew up in southern Indiana I heard no accent he sounds local. I also heard " go down the hill"

Miss D, I grew up in southeast IN but now live an hour south of Fort Wayne. (After 3 years at Purdue) I hear no accent, and also hear "go," rather than "get". I could even justify the end of "Abigail" being cut off by the start of the recording but I don't know if that's just me hearing things. This dialect is definitely similar to that north of Indianapolis, (southern IN starts picking up a KY twang), east of the region (Chicago), and south of flint Michigan (where a typical MI accent starts). It'd probably carry as far east as at least Central OH as well based upon my work travels.

because they were investigating a crime in progress, an emergency - the "Bomb Scare". Taking time to secure a warrant is unnecessary and dangerous during an emergency response.

MOO

No way, it would render ANY evidence inadmissible in court. They wouldn't be that stupid, I don't think

Exactly, what we hear is based on our Frame of Reference, what the right person will hear is a voice they know ( hopefully)

Linguistics study regional dialects. It's not really subjective. Regional dialects are a real thing

Other forums are straight up taking photos from facebook users who they think resembles the suspect and posting them side by side. They're not naming names so I think they assume that makes it ok. So glad that can't happen here..imagine if that poor man's daughter or niece or wife stumbled upon that group and saw those photos. If you strongly believe it's the POI, TIP THE POLICE. It's almost as bad as the time I saw someone posting personal home addresses of people who look like the suspect. That's not going to help this town heal, its just going to cause chaos and confusion.

Just getting home after a looong day and have just finished watching the press conference. Amazing and courageous girls! Having the presence of mind in order to take video and record what's going on under the worst circumstance is truly incredible. Just upset that the local and national news isn't giving this story the coverage deserved. The monster could be anywhere. Indiana LE is top notch. And calling in help to augment is just wonderful.

I find 2 things interesting about the picture of the boots. #1 They are in a plastic bag (not conducive to preserving evidence, right?). #2 They seem to be "displayed". Is there a chance the release of this info is intentional and directed at the BG?

I'm still convinced this is a "catfish?" Case I believe someone called it. I still think he grew up there because of his intimate knowledge of the terrain and his confidence in his ability to pull this brazen crime off.

I also still believe he is a trucker or some kind of distance driver as this would reconcile with his ability to get in mostly unnoticed and be on the move quickly and have no one recognize him.

He could be in any one of our locals right now and I hope this is being thoroughly saturated in trucker communities etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy