IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wellington Boots, or to me 'wellies'

Rubber boots. Paddington Bear wore a red pair. They come in all colours and patterns now but are traditionally black.

Didn't the land owner have a pair on in his television interview?

to me the press conference was well done, it shows a tight investigation while they may not know exactly who the BG is they know exactly what happened, as everyone else has stated very smart girl for recording audio and video it may have been her last action of earth to make sure this guy didn't escape justice / she was protecting her friend in this scary situation

i think if she was recording they might have quite a bit of video/audio these phones you can press one button and just let it run the thing i want to know is, was it picked up remotely this would have to mean either the phone died at some stage or one of the girls stopped recording and depending on what apps were on the phone that would trigger the audio/video to be uploaded

As an aside, as I said, I was at a self defense clinic yesterday.

90% of people who are forced from one location to another by a perp are killed. Of the 10% who survive, half of them have been physically/mentally/sexually assaulted.

Fight. Hit. Kick. Run. Scream. Flail.

Even if there is a gun. Even if there is a knife. You can still escape if you're shot.

Now, besides traversing a ahallow creek, where else would someone want to use "wellies"? Gee, golly...

My guess is if LE are in the meatpacking plant right now, they have search dogs roaming the place, LE are searching locker rooms, employees are being searched, etc.

I do not hear "git" at all - he clearly says, "Go down the hill."

I heard what could be "go" in the original audio. I find it interesting that the FBI page clipped it even more to where you can't really hear anything before "down." I wonder why they don't want us to hear the word right before.

'Down the hill' could be part of a lot of possibilities. Most believe it is an order, but it could also be part of a question or statement. Meaning, he could be saying 'I have it down the hill' 'she went down the hill' 'I parked down the hill' . Did you see him go down the hill' Possibly they were meeting someone to buy beer/pot or for any number of reason. Maybe the old lost dog/lost child scenario was playing itself out, Liberty was not fully trusting this guy and starting recording.

I see most assume Libby had suspicions and started recording. Obviously that is a big possibility. But I think it's also possible that she may have been recording something else and then an exchange started during that time.

Who knows though. (Well, investigators probably. But not us.)

If you want to be picky, they are wrong. The hill-jack said "Git down the hill" four times. They used phase cancelling to try to take out background noise. The audio on TV sounded like a toilet flushing (loo). Very bad sound engineer.
Now, take that raw audio and boost bass and treble or use compression and you will hear "Git down the hill.
The audio effects are from the wind not water. Also you will hear the microphone brushing against the victims clothes.
And, the accent is from the area near Delphi. You won't hear that accent south of there or north. It's Carroll County Indiana.

He didn't say it 4 times. It was on a loop 4 times.

To me, I hear the same accent here in Nebraska.

I believe it was an iPhone, I could be wrong though! However, I have an iPhone as well. It takes great photos, but the video isn't nearly as good of quality. It looks to me like there was quite a bit of zooming and cropping to get that still of the guy, which would make it look pretty bad. I don't think the stills are from the same clip the audio was pulled from, but LE didn't say that. But I think it's understood the stills and the audio both came from Libby's phone, perhaps at different times, even if just minutes.

Thanks. That is exactly what I was wondering about. I guess they didn't specify. Thanks again!

I am Canadian, living in NJ and have been asked multiple times if I am from the Midwest because of my accent... Just sayin'

I think it depends on what someone considers to be "the midwest." It seems like the states that fall into that category vary based on who you talk to.

Wellington Boots, or to me 'wellies'

Rubber boots. Paddington Bear wore a red pair. They come in all colours and patterns now but are traditionally black.

I told you guys he was in Delphi at one time so....

I'm assuming Wellingtons (I feel dumb for not knowing those are a type of rubber boots lol) are what would be worn in a meat packing plant...

I am still a few pages behind but wanted to get a few thoughts down before my son wakes from his nap....

I find it interesting how we all hear things differently. Some hear a demand or whatever. I'm not so sure. To me is sounds more like a description. Or maybe even a question. I just wish we could hear more.

A lot of people are wondering about registered sex offenders. But how likely is it that a registered sex offender in the area did this and LE hasn't figured it out yet? I say very unlikely.

As an aside, as I said, I was at a self defense clinic yesterday.

90% of people who are forced from one location to another by a perp are killed. Of the 10% who survive, half of them have been physically/mentally/sexually assaulted.

Fight. Hit. Kick. Run. Scream. Flail.

Even if there is a gun. Even if there is a knife. You can still escape if you're shot.

Agree. I tell my daughter to scream at the top of her lungs and kick them in the nuts. If they grab you from behind, kick backwards as hard as you can - then run .... LOL!!

http://wlfi.com/2017/02/21/authorities-squash-social-media-investigation-rumors-prep-for-press-conference/

“Just because we haven’t released information to the media doesn’t mean we don’t have more information,” Indiana State Police Sgt. Tony Slocum said.

Police said what you don’t know about this investigation is good for you.
“Some of the facts we don’t release are only known to the person who committed the crime,” he said.

I am still a few pages behind but wanted to get a few thoughts down before my son wakes from his nap....

I find it interesting how we all hear things differently. Some hear a demand or whatever. I'm not so sure. To me is sounds more like a description. Or maybe even a question. I just wish we could hear more.

A lot of people are wondering about registered sex offenders. But how likely is it that a registered sex offender in the area did this and LE hasn't figured it out yet? I say very unlikely.

Yeah I question this also. If it was a sex offender, wouldn't it have been a hit with the DNA? They made it seem as if they have DNA. It also seems very obvious to check sex offenders first.

This is a recurring question for me. I went back to find what Libby was wearing:

"She was last seen wearing a tie-dyed shirt with fringe at the bottom, gray sweat pants with unknown black lettering and black Nike shoes."

Before kids & strollers, when I'd take the dog on a walk I'd often shove my cell down my sports bra which was under a t-shirt. It's the only place I found it not to budge (as opposed to the waistband.) So maybe that's why I'm imagining that's what Libby did if she didn't have pockets on her sweatpants.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...-missing-after-being-dropped-off-to-go-hiking

Good thought. That would also explain why the perp might have overlooked it even if he searched. Not a place guys think of looking usually.

Hmmm.... how might LE legally be able to take possession of a pair of, let's say... boots - without a warrant?

Well that would be your experience, but from my own personal experience as a Canadian living in NJ, I have been asked numerous times over the last 10 years if my accent is midwestern.

Right, you were in the North. If you had been in the Midwest I can assure you, you would not have been mistaken for a local. Anyway, this is derailing the thread. Let's get back on topic

To me it looks as if there is something in his pocket - a gun?
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    586.4 KB · Views: 754
Agree. I tell my daughter to scream at the top of her lungs and kick them in the nuts. If they grab you from behind, kick backwards as hard as you can - then run .... LOL!!

Tell her to aim for the nose as well. I've always heard to jam the palm of your fist to the bottom of their nose. Easy way to break it and it hurts like hell. They're expecting you to go for their crotch area.

The FBI audio is much faster speed than the one released this morning, and you can no longer hear "Go" on the FBI one. Plus, the one this morning, you can distinctly hear a rhythmic movement like walking, not so much on the FBI because of speed played at.

LE at the presser specifically refused to answer the question of how far away from the perp the girls were when they shot the video of him on bridge. I wonder why?

Definitely different. I think I hear the "get" more on the FBI version.

I am wondering if the lone male the female witness saw is indeed the suspect. If they believe so I wonder why they did not have her work with a police artist? A sketch in conjunction with the photo would have surely jogged someone's memory.
Also someone mentioned earlier about the new DNA phenotyping. We have a cold case here and they just utilized this tool to create a picture of the suspect because of his DNA profile. Here is a link, it is very interesting:
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...hnology-in-effort-to-solve-1998-homicide.html
Hopefully they can use this if they have his DNA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine