IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #71

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know if he have a mental illness, but you're right with the use of mental illness as defense in court. The police did not reveal how the girls died to prove the theory of sexual abuse.

If the person of interest started out with low level sexual crimes, like exposing himself, and then escalated, there might be a history no one has put together yet. I am not sure what other motive there could be. Anyway, there is so much evidence, even without DNA. Lots of prayers to all of you, but especially for justice for the girls and that this doesn't happen to anyone else.

If the person of interest started out with low level sexual crimes, like exposing himself, and then escalated, there might be a history no one has put together yet. I am not sure what other motive there could be. Anyway, there is so much evidence, even without DNA. Lots of prayers to all of you, but especially for justice for the girls and that this doesn't happen to anyone else.
I agree with you, the girls need justice and rest.

Right, there is meticulous documentation of chain of custody of samples as well as two independent tests for confirmation. What I think is frustrating is that ISP stated themselves that they would have conclusive answers by this week. Makes me wonder if they are having trouble getting a probable cause warrant to obtain the DNA in the first place. Maybe DN's lawyer is putting up a fight about obtaining the sample...it seems strange to be taking so long when ISP said it would be a quick turn around time. It also is possible that DN's involvement in TW's death seems to be in limbo as well. Makes me think there is a lot of legal maneuvering going on that is really slowing things down.MOO. I hope DN does have a good lawyer, it's a constitutionally protected right, for all Americans.

I thoroughly enjoy your posts tokyorose, I know your right and I understand DN is 'entitled'.

But, the BBM part just pisses me off, what happened to Abby and Libby's constitutional rights?

SIGH Just breaks my heart!

I hope that if he is guilty. He must pay, but I feel this is not over yet.

I hear you. I don't think so either. I was hopeful yesterday, but feeling less certain today.

I thoroughly enjoy your posts tokyorose, I know your right and I understand DN is 'entitled'.

But, the BBM part just pisses me off, what happened to Abby and Libby's constitutional rights?

I completely agree with you regarding Abby and Libby BG took away their most fundamental basic human rights as outlined by our declaration of independence. Mostly I hope he has a good lawyer because that way whomever did this can't comeback and appeal the case based on having a lousy lawyer. I also hope that Delphi has a really great DA.

Right, there is meticulous documentation of chain of custody of samples as well as two independent tests for confirmation. What I think is frustrating is that ISP stated themselves that they would have conclusive answers by this week. Makes me wonder if they are having trouble getting a probable cause warrant to obtain the DNA in the first place. Maybe DN's lawyer is putting up a fight about obtaining the sample...it seems strange to be taking so long when ISP said it would be a quick turn around time. It also is possible that DN's involvement in TW's death seems to be in limbo as well. Makes me think there is a lot of legal maneuvering going on that is really slowing things down.MOO. I hope DN does have a good lawyer, it's a constitutionally protected right, for all Americans.
The other day I posted a link to an article which reported that DN’s DNA sample was already collected. The article was published the morning of Sept 29.

<modsnip>

Just can't post a side by side
Any images of DN
and something else

MOO

<modsnip>

I guess what I meant was...can we do our own digging into records or do we have to stay with information that is readily available in the media, etc. He is not officially a suspect, and there are various interpretations about whether or not he is an official Person of Interest.
I'm aware of what sleuthing means generally...just don't want to violate this forum's rules.

The other day I posted a link to an article which reported that DN&#8217;s DNA sample was already collected. The article was published the morning of Sept 29.

Was it already collected for the explicit purpose of testing in Abby and Libby's case? or was it merely collected as part of his felony arrest in CO? Could someone find the link, really too many posts for me to go back and hunt through.

<modsnip>

I guess what I meant was...can we do our own digging into records or do we have to stay with information that is readily available in the media, etc. I'm aware of what sleuthing means generally...just don't want to violate this forum's rules.

You can dig all you want, you just can't always share what you found here if it's not in MSM.

so okay

dn was around the area, around delphi, around.
he lived with some family there in indiana for awhile and threatened someone with a hatchet.
maybe he slaughtered some pigs
crashing under bridges
skipped town when heat was on.
dn has been running around the USA exposing himself and getting arrested for it.
he's military with a dishonorable,
he is living the parasitic lifestyle of a sociopath, trashing apartments, not paying his debts
even his own grandma is a solid, no.
wife beater
caught again making hatchet threats.

to people on TRAILS.

we are not done here people. not done. MOO

But until he's convicted by a jury, he's presumed to be innocent, and may in fact be innocent. Railroading an innocent man wouldn't be justice.

Note I'm not saying he is or isn't. But we don't know.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

so okay

dn was around the area, around delphi, around.
he lived with some family there in indiana for awhile and threatened someone with a hatchet.
maybe he slaughtered some pigs
skipped town when heat was on.
dn has been running around the USA exposing himself and getting arrested for it.
he's military with a dishonorable,
he is living the parasitic lifestyle of a sociopath, trashing apartments, not paying his debts
even his own grandma is a solid, no.
wife beater
caught again making hatchet threats.

to people on TRAILS.

we are not done here people. not done. MOO
This definitely puts things in perspective. Nice post. JMO

But until he's convicted by a jury, he's presumed to be innocent, and may in fact be innocent. Railroading an innocent man wouldn't be justice.

Note I'm not saying he is or isn't. But we don't know.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

That is so true, and important to remember.

For some reason, though, I can't shake this guy off. He's not completely innocent of anything, and something unfair made him the way he is.

Anyway, off here for tonight. Hopefully, there will be some developments soon.

If the ballistics testing (which surely is completed by now) determined the .22 in DN’s possession was used to kill TW, DN would be charged with the crime, lickety split. That he hasn’t been charged by now suggests to me that there was no ballistics match.

It was reported the .22 rifle found in the trunk belongs to KN, as she reportedly purchased the firearm to self-defend against thieves (she reported someone broke in to their vehicle... one of the windows remained broken when LE pulled them over).

If it is determined the bullet that killed TW was fired from the .22 rifle it would be difficult for LE to identify the shooter unless only one individual's prints are discovered on it.

Wishful thinking, in my opinion. His criminal behavior (sociopathy) started early and his childhood upbringing set the developmental stage for extremely dysfunctional interpersonal relationships, clouded by a sense of fears of abandonment/ with needs unmet in direct conflict with the defensive position that he must maintain power and control over all attachment relationships . Abandonment anxiety coupled with helplessness ( and maybe sexual abuse) inevitably leads to disavowal of any sense of trust. Without the capacity to trust, you're ****ed: paranoid, avoidant of attachment, need to do until others before they (again) do unto you. etc. Worst possible dichotomy. I'm sorry to say, and I so wish it were not so, but these formative conflicts are nearly impossible to heal. DN's criminal rap sheet is essentially a list of escalating crimes where getting power over another psychologically (as in the examples of exhibitionism and waving a hatchet) may well progress to needing greater and greater needs for "hands on" power and control (guns, hatchets, murder of some kind).

Everything you've brought out appears true from what is known or referenced in various sources. However, this is where if some kind of care is not considered, the things you mention walk right back out into the greater world around us without attempted mitigation or remediation. So my wishful thinking may have a pragmatic foundation. If something is not considered for remedy or other care, the percentage chance of continuing negative social interaction appears high. If crimes are at one level now, will they escalate? It makes sense to try to get ahead of this, even if counseling or medication doesn't always work.

Everything you've brought out appears true from what is known or referenced in various sources. However, this is where if some kind of care is not considered, the things you mention walk right back out into the greater world around us without attempted mitigation or remediation. So my wishful thinking may have a pragmatic foundation. If something is not considered for remedy or other care, the percentage chance of continuing negative social interaction appears high. If crimes are at one level now, will they escalate? It makes sense to try to get ahead of this, even if counseling or medication doesn't always work.

Point taken.

Was it already collected for the explicit purpose of testing in Abby and Libby's case? or was it merely collected as part of his felony arrest in CO? Could someone find the link, really too many posts for me to go back and hunt through.

JMO...
CO requires DNA for a felony arrest so he would have to provide DNA.
https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/cbi/dna-arrestee-database-collection

I have not read whether IN can have access to the results of that DNA sample or if they will have to collect their own sample.

HTH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member