IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #71

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am feeling about 99.% that it is not DN as I really have a hard time buying they would not know by now...and no reason in the world not to announce it if they did have their guy. Jmo

http://wishtv.com/2017/10/03/police...ossibly-links-man-to-delphi-double-homicides/

Your opinion is shared by so many. With all due respect though, I would rather LE proceed very carefully, and be as reasonably certain as possible before announcing ANY arrest.

The stakes are too high. Premature announcements to the media could prove disastrous to the case, especially at this stage, imo.

Sgt. Kim Riley states in the link above: "We have not concluded at this point because there's so much more to do, one way or the other, on the case as far as is he or is he not."

Most pertinent are Sheriff Leazenby's words below which bear repeating, imo.

"Some day we will be in that courthouse across the street," he said. "We have to make sure all the facts are lined up correctly. If we don't, we only get one chance at this."

BBM

To me, it sounds like he is making the "hi" sound at the back of his throat and the tip of his tongue doesn't touch the back of his teeth for "ll" but rather the middle edges of his tongue touch the sides of the roof of his mouth. It reminds me of accents from ME, NH, VT as does the "gedow" sound.

Repeat his words, make the sounds as he does and see where the sound emanates from your own mouth and where your tongue placement has to be to make the sounds correctly.

JMHO

Does everyone think the murders occurred before Libby’s dad arrived to pick them up? Do you think they were killed where they were found? Has it ever been released by LE what time Libby began to record?
I am having trouble understanding how no one seemed to hear anything? I live in a wooded area & when there are no leaves on the trees, I can hear so much more activity. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he was going to assault one of them and didn't realized there were two - then decided to herd them down the hill with a half hatched plan to continue his assault. Then I think the girls made a run for it, he caught one, coerced the other with his hostage and killed them in a rage.

Very plausible.

Does everyone think the murders occurred before Libby’s dad arrived to pick them up? Do you think they were killed where they were found? Has it ever been released by LE what time Libby began to record?
I am having trouble understanding how no one seemed to hear anything? I live in a wooded area & when there are no leaves on the trees, I can hear so much more activity. IMO

Probably. Yes. LE knows, we don't. Although it was after 2:08pm, the time stamp on the photo of Abby on the bridge.

No one was around to hear anything.

Is there any likelihood that CO LE believes IN has a stronger case against DN and is giving them the chance to take him to trial first!?

Probably. Yes. LE knows, we don't. Although it was after 2:08pm, the time stamp on the photo of Abby on the bridge.

No one was around to hear anything.
BG time was quoted as 2.30 p.m. on the billboards IIRC and LG didn't answer phone at 3.11 p.m. so imo it was in that 40 minute window.

Is there any likelihood that CO LE believes IN has a stronger case against DN and is giving them the chance to take him to trial first!?

Honestly, I think that's wishful thinking. MOO but I don't think LE in CO or IN has any evidence to tie him to the murders in either state. DNA should be done by now. If he's a match name him a suspect, if not deal with the menacing charges and get the man some mental health help. Not sure why it needs to be more complicated then that. Leave KN out of it. She's a victim of D/V....

http://wishtv.com/2017/10/03/police...ossibly-links-man-to-delphi-double-homicides/

Your opinion is shared by so many. With all due respect though, I would rather LE proceed very carefully, and be as reasonably certain as possible before announcing ANY arrest.

The stakes are too high. Premature announcements to the media could prove disastrous to the case, especially at this stage, imo.

Sgt. Kim Riley states in the link above: "We have not concluded at this point because there's so much more to do, one way or the other, on the case as far as is he or is he not."

Most pertinent are Sheriff Leazenby's words below which bear repeating, imo.

"Some day we will be in that courthouse across the street," he said. "We have to make sure all the facts are lined up correctly. If we don't, we only get one chance at this."

BBM

There is no rush IMO they should take as long as they want and get it exactly right. LE are in a great position. He will not get away with the menacing offences as there appear to be a lot of witnesses, so he will be facing prison anyway.

I still feel DN is the guy, and that LE are taking their time to build a strong case, since DN is off the streets and the public is now safe. Like the sheriff said, they only get one chance to seek a conviction. We are all impatient after almost eight months of waiting, but LE needs to get this right.

I do not expect a formal announcement of him being a suspect, as there is no requirement for LE to do that before making an arrest. Terms like person of interest and suspect are fodder for the media and general public to latch onto, more than anything, but if DN is the perp, I think we will see this go straight from POI to arrested and charged.

I still feel DN is the guy, and that LE are taking their time to build a strong case, since DN is off the streets and the public is now safe. Like the sheriff said, they only get one chance to seek a conviction. We are all impatient after almost eight months of waiting, but LE needs to get this right.

I do not expect a formal announcement of him being a suspect, as there is no requirement for LE to do that before making an arrest. Terms like person of interest and suspect are fodder for the media and general public to latch onto, more than anything, but if DN is the perp, I think we will see this go straight from POI to arrested and charged.

I too feel strongly this is BG. Things just fall into place for him being BG. Now it's just a matter of DNA matching. Hopefully he left some at the crime scene.

I too feel strongly this is BG. Things just fall into place for him being BG. Now it's just a matter of DNA matching. Hopefully he left some at the crime scene.

I think it's a good possibility he's BG too. I just figured based off what LE said, we would have an arrest by know. I guess no news is good news.

I think it's a good possibility he's BG too. I just figured based off what LE said, we would have an arrest by know. I guess no news is good news.

I think LE stating that they can't exclude him is very telling, along with what does seem to fit. Now to get the proof that includes him! I believe this is what they are working on. I also believe they are confident he is BG and are putting the proof together.

he's being coy
he's not talking

it won't do him any good, he probably knows this , but will do nothing to help them. When he knows what he is facing he may try to mitigate the sentence by confessing to other crimes or murders..ala Gary Ridgeway.

no, he's not going to talk, that's my take..this case will have to be built step by step . no confession is going to happen now.

MOO

Hey All ...
This case is so compelling I can never lurk for long though I ought to if only to rest my head! My emotions have run the gamut and I am now in a state of suspended animation having come full circle back to waiting. Patience is not my strong suit. But I will say this-
In some respects we are waiting on 2 possible outcomes both having merit. Either DN is BG and justice will take its course OR DN is NOT BG and this case has received wider spread publicity and DN has hopefully been intercepted in time to receive some effective help.

Honestly, I think that's wishful thinking. MOO but I don't think LE in CO or IN has any evidence to tie him to the murders in either state. DNA should be done by now. If he's a match name him a suspect, if not deal with the menacing charges and get the man some mental health help. Not sure why it needs to be more complicated then that. Leave KN out of it. She's a victim of D/V....

Thanks for your response, Tokyorose, even though IMO you've partially confused me w/another poster as I'm sure I have never said, nor implied, anything bad about KN...I wouldn't want you or anybody to think that I did.

I think LE stating that they can't exclude him is very telling, along with what does seem to fit. Now to get the proof that includes him! I believe this is what they are working on. I also believe they are confident he is BG and are putting the proof together.
Given his living circumstances,I don't find it to be telling at all.It's possible,that while living under a bridge,he didn't invite to many friends or relatives over for dinner that day.Them not being able to exclude him may just be something as simple as he had no one to back up his story that he was under a bridge in a different town.But just because he had no one to verfy his story,doesn't mean it didn't happen just as he said.

Which two outcomes?

Hey All ...
This case is so compelling I can never lurk for long though I ought to if only to rest my head! My emotions have run the gamut and I am now in a state of suspended animation having come full circle back to waiting. Patience is not my strong suit. But I will say this-
In some respects we are waiting on 2 possible outcomes

Maybe evidence will be presented to a grand jury.

Thanks for your response, Tokyorose, even though IMO you've partially confused me w/another poster as I'm sure I have never said, nor implied, anything bad about KN...I wouldn't want you or anybody to think that I did.

You're right! Sorry about that, I've got a bunch to do and I've been trying to multi-task.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1