IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #74

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping not to derail the survey topic! Just wanted to mention a curious development on DN's docket. The 11/9 Permanent Restraining Order Hearing has been bumped to 12/7. Wonder why? Burden of proof is on KN for this one. Was she a no-show like in IN (seems there would be a motion to dismiss or it would be dropped from the docket unless she's been given another chance). Or maybe KN couldn't produce enough evidence yesterday and/or DN's atty contested it.
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/File/Media/Brochures/restraining.pdf
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Self_Help/FAQ's/Protection orders FAQs .pdf
https://www.courts.state.co.us/dockets/index.cfm#results

I think that these Restraining Orders are 2 separate cases. if you look at most court dockets, they only list the people being charged, not the name of the person bringing those charges. I think both of them are being charged, possibly to do with having the children in the car where there was a weapon??????MOO

For any attorney's on the thread, I am very curious about something.

What are the legal ramifications of accusing someone in print of a murder when they have not been named a suspect?

Or does freedom of speech allow us to name someone a murderer when LE has not?

I'm gathering based on my alert to the Carroll County Sheriff's Office and subsequent reply that recording someone and posting that person's voice to the internet isn't a good idea since the video I questioned has been removed.
I'm not an attorney but it could be libellous and they could be sued. But the libel must be proved as incorrect. A defence can be that it is opinion but may not work. As LE have declared him a POI in the Delphi murders it could be classed by a court as opinion. If a person was actually charged they would have sub judice protection (if it was the UK). Don't know if you have similar sub judice rules in the states. JMO
Eta sometimes an apology and a charitable donation works or even a printed retraction and apology. Our daily rags are always doing it.

I think that these Restraining Orders are 2 separate cases. if you look at most court dockets, they only list the people being charged, not the name of the person bringing those charges. I think both of them are being charged, possibly to do with having the children in the car where there was a weapon??????MOO

Thanks Area52. I had to go back and double check (low caffeine level). Even though it's the same case # it is listed under both their names on separate dockets. So it would appear both are being charged if the person's name bringing the charges are left out of records.

Thanks Area52. I had to go back and double check (low caffeine level). Even though it's the same case # it is listed under both their names on separate dockets. So it would appear both are being charged if the person's name bringing the charges are left out of records.
I cannot make any sense of it, if that is the case. :thinking:

My view on this is that it has something to do with the assault charge (choking? ) which has not yet been decided - therefore it has been delayed. AJMO.
Eta wrt delayed restraining order

what assault charge are you referring to?

There is a website called www.indianatrails.com and one of the trails featured is Deer Creek water trail from Delphi to Camden (approx 10 miles). It explains where to park vehicles to use the trail. It may be of interest as we have been discussing the area.

Like some of you I'm sure, I have been waffling back and forth as to if DN did it or not.

Early on I was 60% sure he did it. Now I am maybe 33% sure.

The 2 things that bug me the most are 1) how he would have gotten to Delphi that day and 2) he has the same facial features but looks 10-15 year younger than the sketch.

Otherwise, it seems like a good match.

As time drags on and on with DN not being named as a POI, it leads me to think he is being ruled out. But then again, they would still be gathering evidence to collect to be able to confront him to see if he lies and/or what else he admits to that they don't have evidence on.

It seems to me if they had any evidence that he was not involved, they would have already made that public.

Again, I'm only about one-third sure he is the one.

Hey!

Since 19 people "Thanked" your post - I will continue posting them here! And I see gregjrichards got 15 "Thanks". :)

Scheduled for today:

Thursday, November 9th:
*Permanent Restraining Order Hearing - 3:30pm PT for Teller County – CO – Daniel James Nations (31) – Hearing re children. Also charged with being a felon having weapons illegally; also allegedly found in possession of a hatchet & .22 caliber rifle; Next hearing was 11/6 @ 1:30pm (Prelim Hearing); additional charges will likely be filed (Tim Watkins murder?). Combined bonds $15K. no update on weapons charges yet as of 11/9
In El Paso County arrested & charged with Class 5 Felony Menacing, Class 3 Felony Endangerment & Reckless Endangerment, Felony Trespassing, attempted assault, criminal mischief & failing to register as a sex offender in El Paso County. Now held on $6.8K bond. 11/1 update El Paso: Bail reduced from $20K to $6.8K (Felony Menacing: $15K to $5K, Felony Reckless Endangerment: $3K to $1K, Misdemeanor Assault: $2K to $800). Additional charges today: Felony Trespassing & Felony Menacing Charge; Prelim hearing for Menacing charge to be heard Nov. 29th "Maybe" a POI in Abby & Libby’s case in IND.

Bumping for Area 52. See Felony trespassing and assault and also Misdemeanour assault above.

Credit to Niner.

Looks like El Paso not Teller as I stated.

Like some of you I'm sure, I have been waffling back and forth as to if DN did it or not.

Early on I was 60% sure he did it. Now I am maybe 33% sure.

The 2 things that bug me the most are 1) how he would have gotten to Delphi that day and 2) he has the same facial features but looks 10-15 year younger than the sketch.

Otherwise, it seems like a good match.

As time drags on and on with DN not being named as a POI, it leads me to think he is being ruled out. But then again, they would still be gathering evidence to collect to be able to confront him to see if he lies and/or what else he admits to that they don't have evidence on.

It seems to me if they had any evidence that he was not involved, they would have already made that public.

Again, I'm only about one-third sure he is the one.
What do you mean "not being named a POI"? Steleheart has clarified. Do you perhaps mean 'not being named as a suspect" ?

There is a pending assault and trespassing charge from Teller.

No, the assault charges are for ElPaso County, and would not be heard in Teller county Court. Teller county is handling the felony charge of a felon being in possession of a weapon or weapons (gun and hatchet). The assault charges will be heard in El Paso County where he was charged along with menacing, etc. They cannot be heard in Teller County.

Bumping for Area 52. See Felony trespassing and assault and also Misdemeanour assault above.

Credit to Niner.

Looks like El Paso not Teller as I stated.

sorry Shire. I replied before I saw your reply!

With regard to the Monon High Bridge and location. One feeling I've had from the beginning is that BG was drawn to it either as a RR or bridge enthusiast. It's a pretty unusual RR bridge. The reason I feel this is because of what I've seen firsthand. I used to do a regular commute through an area where many RR tracks converge. So when the gates went down there were multiple tracks between the gates. There were many times I'd see people (I only recall males) of all ages lingering next to the tracks. In all kinds of weather. Sometimes there would be one or two but also as many as 6-8. They had binoculars, cameras (often on a tripod), keeping an eye on a specific train coming. When gates would go down they'd remain between them to watch the train pass or get photos. I couldn't relate at all, but it became clear there are people out there who are utterly fascinated by trains and quite passionate about them. If BG has a fascination with trains and/or bridges I could easily see it being a draw for him. (There was another poster way back in Feb/Mar who IIRC was a RR enthusiast and also felt the High Bridge could be a draw.)

I have never said DN is BG, it fluctuates for me but most days I lean 70/30 he could be. If DN is a RR/Train enthusiast, there's yet another coincidence to point out. In the youtube interview KN points out the bridge DN was living under is 'down from' the Camby, IN Walmart near Arby's on 67. The WalMart has an address of Camby but it's physical location is south of Camby in unincorporated Friendswood, Indiana, a town with RR history. The Arby's is 4 miles further south on 67 closer to Mooresville. Immediately south of there the White Lick Creek goes under 67 (so he could've been under there), but there's also a RR bridge a few hundred feet to the east. (pics attached) I find it eerily similar to the High Bridge & Deer Creek. MOO.

Friendswood is an unincorporated community in Guilford Township, Hendricks County, Indiana. Friendswood was a station and shipping point on the railroad. A post office was established at Friendswood in 1868, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1909.<BBM>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friendswood,_Indiana

Attachments

• WhiteLickCreekRRBridge.jpg
    WhiteLickCreekRRBridge.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 58
  • WhiteLickCreekRRBridgeZoom.jpg
    WhiteLickCreekRRBridgeZoom.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 55
Kizzykat, this part of your post is especially interesting to me.

Friendswood is an unincorporated community in Guilford Township, Hendricks County, Indiana. Friendswood was a station and shipping point on the railroad. A post office was established at Friendswood in 1868, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1909.<BBM>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friendswood,_Indiana

When I read that DN was ticketed in Plainfield, I was mulling over what park he might have been in. Hummel would have been the obvious choice but it's pretty busy. Then, I decided on Sodalis; although it's outside of Plainfield city limits so I don't know if he could have been ticketed there. It's not overly busy, has a small lake and is pretty secluded. In fact, one day I started walking around the lake and got so spooked that I turned around and came back. Sodalis is about 1 1/2 miles from Friendswood and (I think) Camby is about the same distance from Friendswood.

I have noticed that we have seen no single pic where DN looks like a homeless man sleeping in a car under bridges. His clothing seems to be clean, he is wearing nice t-shirts, his hair seems always fresh cut, his facial hair seems always shaven.
I have to wonder.

Yep. For some reason he felt the need to tell the RSO check in that he was homeless. That is very suspicious in itself.

Kizzykat, this part of your post is especially interesting to me.

When I read that DN was ticketed in Plainfield, I was mulling over what park he might have been in. Hummel would have been the obvious choice but it's pretty busy. Then, I decided on Sodalis; although it's outside of Plainfield city limits so I don't know if he could have been ticketed there. It's not overly busy, has a small lake and is pretty secluded. In fact, one day I started walking around the lake and got so spooked that I turned around and came back. Sodalis is about 1 1/2 miles from Friendswood and (I think) Camby is about the same distance from Friendswood.

I see Sodalis on the map, yes it looks pretty isolated, like not a great place to be alone. I was curious about that ticket in a park when I saw it too. 8/3/16 is when he got the Driving While Suspended & not having insurance and Plaintiff was State of IN. The 8/3/16 ticket in the park the Plaintiff was Town of Plainfield. Almost sounds like two separate incidents of getting pulled over but on the same day, in a park and not in a park? MOO

Yep. For some reason he felt the need to tell the RSO check in that he was homeless. That is very suspicious in itself.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by FromGermany
I have noticed that we have seen no single pic where DN looks like a homeless man sleeping in a car under bridges. His clothing seems to be clean, he is wearing nice t-shirts, his hair seems always fresh cut, his facial hair seems always shaven.
I have to wonder.

I witnessed from a close distance under a bypass this morning in Colorado Springs several homeless in cold temps. I have treated several homeless people in the ER. IMO, BG nor DN doesn&#8217;t come close to appearing without the hygiene necessities of living under a bridge, even in a car. Poor people maintain some level of personal care and wear semi clean clothes with shelter. The current weather around Delphi during that time was cold and wet from a previous snow. I cannot observe any dirty muddy clothes or shoes and also appears shaven minus the goat tee. If a shelter was involved I am positive LE would have any possible leads. IMO homeless or transient is off the table for BG.

I see Sodalis on the map, yes it looks pretty isolated, like not a great place to be alone. I was curious about that ticket in a park when I saw it too. 8/3/16 is when he got the Driving While Suspended & not having insurance and Plaintiff was State of IN. The 8/3/16 ticket in the park the Plaintiff was Town of Plainfield. Almost sounds like two separate incidents of getting pulled over but on the same day, in a park and not in a park? MOO

Yes, it does sound like 2 different incidents. I don't see LE patrolling Hummel so I'm not sure how he got the park ticket...maybe the park department can give out tickets? The Police Academy is right across the road from the back entrance to Hummel so we have a lot of cops coming in and out of Plainfield. Maybe he got stopped first, then went to the park and started chopping trees in frustration. lol..

Yes, it does sound like 2 different incidents. I don't see LE patrolling Hummel so I'm not sure how he got the park ticket...maybe the park department can give out tickets? The Police Academy is right across the road from the back entrance to Hummel so we have a lot of cops coming in and out of Plainfield. Maybe he got stopped first, then went to the park and started chopping trees in frustration. lol..
<BBM>

I hardly ever laugh here but this made me LOL

I looked up the statute for the park infraction - it was under 'admission' so I believe it was a ticket for not payting the entrance fee in a self serve situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste