IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #74

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really not sure. @Jax TY for the link but it does only say "supposed to be picked up 3.00 - 3.30" so we still have no authorised link of when exactly the family member was there. Is that right?

I said we cannot talk about the pickup AS ADVISED BY MODS , not that we can't talk about the pick up at all - because we are talking about the pick up, which is ok . Do you want me to find where Mods stated that?

Here is a link for the pick up time.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1702/16/ptab.01.html
RILEY: Right. One of the family members of one of the girls dropped them off at one of the tributaries, so to speak, of the trail, and then they

were supposed to be picked up between 3:00 and 3:30 that afternoon.

CASAREZ: 3:00 and 3:30? So they weren`t going to be there too long. So it was about 1:00 o`clock that they were dropped off, do you believe?

RILEY: I believe it was right around 1:00 o`clock, and then they were supposed to be picked up by another relative at -- between 3:00 and 3:30.

It is referenced in the Media Thread here;
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...melines-NO-DISCUSSION&p=13175131#post13175131

BBM;

There is one thing I must say, that that technical photo came out so large was a big surprise after I went back. I honestly do not know how to make it a thumb nail, which would be better so that members can click or not click. It becomes an assault on the heart and unable to ignore, I get that and offer my apologies for that. I would accept any help regarding technical issues, BTW.

Good post Steleheart, RSBM for the technical issue. I accidentally stumbled onto how to make a thumbnail pic. You have to go into Advanced Mode when posting. In the very top row of icons, nearly all the way to the right is a paperclip icon. Click on that and in the top section (#1) far right corner you can upload files/pics or paste a link, then drag it into bottom section (2) to add it to your post. A pic will appear as a thumbnail in your post that becomes full size when a reader clicks on it. To test it just do a "Preview Post" before submitting. I've had to play around with it a few times to get used to it. HTH!

Good post Steleheart, RSBM for the technical issue. I accidentally stumbled onto how to make a thumbnail pic. You have to go into Advanced Mode when posting. In the very top row of icons, nearly all the way to the right is a paperclip icon. Click on that and in the top section (#1) far right corner you can upload files/pics or paste a link, then drag it into bottom section (2) to add it to your post. A pic will appear as a thumbnail in your post that becomes full size when a reader clicks on it. To test it just do a "Preview Post" before submitting. I've had to play around with it a few times to get used to it. HTH!

Thank you!
OT - Seems I used to do it that way and they were still large, then I adopted the URL method. I [I]shall[/I] go back and practice.

I always admit that there are things I do not know - I just don't know what they are.:thinking:

I could really buy into DN NOT being BG.. except for one thing ... Katelyn.

IMHO she is cagey as all get out. She stated that DN has rage, violence towards her, won’t say “no, he couldn’t do this”, and such. Why not just state that there is zero chance he did this? She isn’t stupid..

So why not remove doubt? It’s because she DOES have doubt .. and if she is unsure then that makes him more of a POI in my book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catching up backwards. Like it.

Did anyone collate the poll results? I know many answered, so it would be interesting to know overall opinion.

Missing%20Girls_1487042903108_55088620_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Police ID bodies of Indiana girls

ISP page dedicated to the investigation

Anyone with information about this case, no matter how insignificant, is encouraged to call the Delphi Homicide Investigation Tip Line at (844) 459-5786.

Information can also be reported by calling the Indiana State Police at
(800) 382-7537, or the Carroll County Sheriff’s Department at (765) 564-2413.

Information can also be emailed to
Abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

Do not sleuth family, PERIOD. This includes previous public records which have nothing to do with this case. They are victims here. Plain and simple.[/B]

4) If you feel you have a tip by all means phone it in. Do NOT discuss your tip here. Contact the authorities and give them time to follow your lead.

Police unveil composite sketch of Delphi double homicide suspect

attachment.php

MOST RECENT:

ISP presser of 10/3/17
The Indiana State Police can share, that thus far, there has been no information developed to specifically include or exclude Daniel Nations as a suspect in the Delphi homicides. Both state police detectives returned to Indiana late afternoon of October 2nd and will continue to review information gathered over the course of their visit to El Paso County, Colorado

Could Daniel Nations, 32, get angry enough to pull a hatchet on people he felt offended him, as his arrest charges allege? "Possibly," his wife, Katelyn Nations, 30, told The Gazette. "In a fit of rage, yes."

DO NOT SLEUTH DN's friends, family, former neighbors, employers, etc. Discuss what is available about DN via media and LE.

RSBM and :bump:

As we are still discussing hatchets, above is what KN has said.

Agree with you, Gumbeaux, about the sadness that here we are, same place, different time, continuing a search for a dangerous killer of our two young girls.

Sadder still, is that large photos of hatchets or axes are being run throughout the thread along with talk about sharpening an ax or hatchet. Has compassion been forgotten or simply cast aside?

It is shocking to see these horrific items on the discussion of our two young girls murders. How helpful is it to post frightening images, as if, such tools may have been used during the commission of their double homicide? Really, how does studying an image of a hatchet find its way, in any manner helpful, that may possibly promote significant clues?

Please maintain decorum and respect for our girls, their parents, loved ones, the community of Delphi and, also, for those of us who remain horrified, and possibly traumatized, to view the images that may never have been utilized during their murders. Please patiently wait. All of us are frustrated but that doesn't relieve us of our duty to maintain respectful content. :rose: :rose:

How is a picture of an axe or hatchet disrespectful? It is completely pertinent to the discussion of our only named POI. Acting like nothing bad has happened certainly doesn’t help. Reality is not always pretty, but a horrible crime has taken place here, and this is the place we all come to discuss it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agree with you, Gumbeaux, about the sadness that here we are, same place, different time, continuing a search for a dangerous killer of our two young girls.

Sadder still, is that large photos of hatchets or axes are being run throughout the thread along with talk about sharpening an ax or hatchet. Has compassion been forgotten or simply cast aside?

It is shocking to see these horrific items on the discussion of our two young girls murders. How helpful is it to post frightening images, as if, such tools may have been used during the commission of their double homicide? Really, how does studying an image of a hatchet find its way, in any manner helpful, that may possibly promote significant clues?

Please maintain decorum and respect for our girls, their parents, loved ones, the community of Delphi and, also, for those of us who remain horrified, and possibly traumatized, to view the images that may never have been utilized during their murders. Please patiently wait. All of us are frustrated but that doesn't relieve us of our duty to maintain respectful content. :rose: :rose:

BBM;
In sleuthing part of the discussion involves death and forensics. The forensics related questions on Dan the Hatchet man who wields his weapon with impunity and is now facing charges for it, is a legitimate discussion if there is a possibility that that action is connected to this case.

I do not know why the picture came out so large - it wasn't that large in the original web view and I can see the distaste, but that has nothing to do with a lack of compassion.

I can see questioning how it is useful, absolutely, but accusing members of lacking compassion and respect is uncalled for IMO.
It is useful in a sleuthing discussion to clarify the interest in forensic examination and after this much time, could it help in identifying the killer if, in fact, DN becomes a suspect and if, in fact, it is a weapon used in this or in any other murders.

It is not a lack of compassion to discuss if a signature could have prompted the initial response of LE, or other topics like serial Killers, Hanging, etc.
In fact I found the discussions early on about Hanging to be extremely difficult to read and knowing that there was nothing in the investigation that pointed to that, I simply scroll and rolled.

To be clear, as one of the many who do not believe that DN is involved, he has not been excluded as a POI in these horrific murders. As one believes that sleuthing involves distasteful aspects and possibilities based on information that we actually have, I agree with the OP who I responded to, that I absolutely hate having to even think about it. For the same reason I am quite satisfied that we do not know the COD and we may never.
It is not a lack of compassion - it is because of compassion that we consider all possibilities.
That is why we are here - compassion.

Anyone is free to scroll and roll. Or even start a memorial type thread, if that is what people find helpful.

There is one thing I must say, that that technical photo came out so large was a big surprise after I went back. I honestly do not know how to make it a thumb nail, which would be better so that members can click or not click. It becomes an assault on the heart and unable to ignore, I get that and offer my apologies for that. I would accept any help regarding technical issues, BTW.

Not meaning to be personal but wanting to clarify that the purpose of questioning certain aspects of a POI's MO is legitimate IMHO.

And to clarify one other thing - as one who has been here from the beginning, I do not believe that anyone's intent, whether I agree or disagree with them, is to be disrespectful or that they have no compassion for the families. That is why we are here.

That is why I have been here for 9 months straight.

All JMO.

I agree a thousand percent with your response, Steleheart. Imo such insinuations are very insulting and disrespectful in themselves. We are respectfully and constructively discussing forensic aspects. We care about the murders of these girls and don't need to be told otherwise. I would have written basically the exact same things you just wrote Steleheart; I think you covered the response adequately so I've got nothing to add to this.

RSBM and :bump

As we are still discussing hatchets, above is what KN has said.

Can you just imagine being chased by someone threatening you with a hatchet? I would be terrified!
I wonder if DN knew how to throw it with precision.

Re: the jacket, since KN says he did not own this type of jacket, as we are discussing, he would have had to have gotten it from somewhere, again if DN is BG.

One thought I have on this is as follows:

Many charitable organizations provide clothing: shelters, Good Will, thrift stores, Salvation Army, etc, and even some food banks. Maybe DN visited one of these types of organizations (or drop box?). I think this angle has come up before, so revisiting. I wonder if all employees at such organizations in the area have been interviewed, shown photos, and asked if DN, or BG was ever there to their recollection; I would think this angle has been researched---and if so, of course this depends upon the recollections of the persons being interviewed.

I wonder if someone donated this jacket; if so, they obviously haven't seen the photo or recognized it.

Can you just imagine being chased by someone threatening you with a hatchet? I would be terrified!

My guess is yes, he does.

same here. The thought of that opens up all kinds of things in my mind.

Yeah, there's just no sugar coating anything as related to Abby's and Libby's murders. It is what it is, and I'm afraid no potential scenario is a good one.

"Possibly, in a fit of rage, yes."

Do we know that DN is a very seasoned outdoorsman? I get the impression he is. Which brings me to one of my thoughts. Sometime back it was mentioned that whoever BG is was probably used to the outdoors and seemed quite comfortable walking that bridge as it isn't safe.
Perhaps BG was truly a man that knew how to live off the land, lived near natural water, killed for food with a hatchet, even fish, could throw it with precision to wound or kill wildlife for food, used a hatchet for firewood, etc. And of course a hatchet could be used for protection. Seems to me that having just a hatchet could be used for so many useful things. I doubt a hatchet would be a specific tool a felon wouldn't be allowed to own. It would be akin to saying a felon couldn't own hammer! Also, if someone works construction (which KN stated DN did) a carpenter hatchet is a common tool to use. Then we can go on to talking about tool belts and how a it might fit into it.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/VAUGHAN-Ca...gPD398wOR7n3nwnn5HwogBH2yhDQ3AABoCrPsQAvD_BwE

Jmo if KN said DN was for sure not BG and stated he was with her, no one would want to interview her really. Not that I think he is anyway.

Catching up backwards. Like it.

Did anyone collate the poll results? I know many answered, so it would be interesting to know overall opinion.

I've been meaning to inquire into how to start a poll thread simply to ask:

Do you think DN is BG?

1. Yes
2. No
3. Undecided/I don't know/Maybe

*I will flag this post and ask a moderator how and where to create a separate poll thread for this question, and if its allowed, so as to not sidetrack the thread.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/stor...nalizing-trail-safety-improvements/611667001/

This was all I could find. Looks like they had 170k towards it by end of August.
Sheriff doesn't think it would have made any difference according to this article.
"He's unsure it could have prevented the killings"

Thanks for posting, from above:

Aug. 31, 2017

"Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said he's unsure if the improvements would have prevented the killings, but he hopes they deter crimes in the future.

"If there's an individual or persons out there that are dead-set on being evil, they're going to do it," Leazenby said. "But I'd like to think with the lighting and the video footage and the photography, if there was any doubt in that criminal's mind about whether or not they should commit a crime, this may deter them."

But most important of all, Leazenby said he hopes the plan of action will restore the community's sense of safety and security.

"We hope this may encourage folks to get back out," Leazenby said. "If there was any hesitation on their part to even walk the trails, this may encourage folks to go back out and use them.""

It appears in the BG pics that one of his hands is in his coat pocket, the other in his pants pocket. This seems strange to me. Off balance. Am I looking at this correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robinhood0602