IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #74

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
May I ask precisely what the point is of searching hatchet look alikes?
What is that going to prove?

No snark. Truly.
Pure curiosity what y'all are doing here with this hatchet thing.

We don't know yet. But DN is a hatchet man, this we do know. Now, what could be all the reasons he had hatchets? KN made comments about 2 different hatchets DN purchased in CO and described them differently. My goodness! They were only in CO for a couple of months and he bought 2 that KN knows of? DN has been arrested for threatening people with a hatchet. There have been rumors of markings on the girls, BG is apparently wearing something around him that looks like it could be holding a hatchet, etc.
Because of at least all of the above, hatchets, their sizes, uses, appearances, hobbies, etc. became and is of interest, at least to me. I think it will be major in the Delphi murders and TW's murder and maybe other crimes, if DN is the perpetrator.

bbm-

You are stating that as fact?

Interesting criteria to use to determine whether someone is a POI or not.

Yes, it’s a fact. She freely talks about his rage.. and what he is capable of.

Why would I not listen and weigh in on the opinion of the person that probably loved him deeply and knows him best?

I would be MORE likely to discount her opinion if she was flat out defending him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curious what you think KN might've done that her goal is to stay out of prison?

Perhaps not prison per se, but one thing she did was be in possession of a weapon that was not securely locked and not accessible to her husband who is a convicted felon.

Curious what you think KN might've done that her goal is to stay out of prison?

We don't know of any reason at this time on websleuths and aren't allowed to sleuth her except what has been reported in msm and in the youtube videos with Stroup.

Alternative Thought.

I have been away from here for a while, just reading and tagging along. Obviously LE has a lot more information than we do and won’t release anything that will jeopardise their investigation. They will only ask for things they need help with from the general public.
In this case

· Does anyone recognise BG?
· Does anyone recognise the voice?

As far as I am aware they haven’t asked for anything else from the wider community. I may, of course, be wrong or have missed it if they have.
I would like to know if there is any reference or answer to the following question.

· Is it confirmed anywhere that the voice belongs to BG?

I will wait to be criticised for my following question.

· Is it just possible BG is a very frightened person who was going about their business and witnessed what happened to the girls? BG recognised the perpetrator

· BG is in hiding, already dead, tucked behind bars or moved elsewhere incognito in fear of being recognised by the perpetrator and the safety of his own family.

In short, what happens if LE is looking for the primary Witness who can identify prime suspect and perpetrator of the crime.BG potentially being a witness.

Just trying to put a different slant on it all

KR
Reacher

No need for criticism IMO.
BG is the suspect as far as we know and if he was not, there would be no reason for LE to still be asking for tips while using his picture and sketch.

At first LE thought (or maybe not really) that he might just know something so they wanted to talk to him. Then something quickly and drastically changed. He became the primary suspect.
“He’s not just someone we want to talk to; we consider him a suspect in these murders,” Sgt. Tony Slocum said Sunday, according to CBS News. “We’re officially calling him a suspect versus a subject we’re looking to speak to. He’s going to be our main suspect at this time.”

The photos appear to show a white man dressed in light blue jeans and a blue jacket over a brown shirt.

Since the two photos of him were released, the man in question hasn’t contacted authorities, Slocum said.

“That doesn’t make him a suspect by not contacting us. It’s the totality of the evidence we’ve been developing so far that leads us to that,” Slocum said.
http://people.com/crime/abigail-williams-liberty-german-slain-indiana-teens-5-things/

I just think if they still thought he was just a "subject" they need to talk to, like a witness, they would not have named him the "primary suspect".

JMO

We don't know yet. But DN is a hatchet man, this we do know. Now, what could be all the reasons he had hatchets? KN made comments about 2 different hatchets and described them differently. DN has been arrested for threatening people with a hatchet. There have been rumors of markings on the girls, BG is apparently wearing something around him that looks like it could be holding a hatchet, etc.
Because of at least all of the above, hatchets, their sizes, uses, appearances, hobbies, etc. became and is of interest, at least to me. I think it will be major in the Delphi murders and TW's murder and maybe other crimes, if DN is the perpetrator.

Those are indeed rumors.

So you think TW's murder had a hatchet involved along with a gun?
Have you found evidence of hatchet use in other murders? Or perhaps you can't say here which I understand.

DN has a history of hatchets, numerous incidents...he is currently a POI, not sure why its hard to understand why hatches are being discussed?

snipped & bbm-

Do people actually do that? Guess I've been living in the City for too long. So some hunters kill by accurately throwing a hatchet?

Yes! Hatchet throwing is actually a sport even! Like knife throwing!
I'm in the city too so lots of this is blowing my mind too!

Yes! Hatchet throwing is actually a sport even! Like knife throwing!
I'm in the city too so lots of this is blowing my mind too!

I live in a metro area. Recently, there was a business opened that allows you to come in & practice throwing axes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KN said in the youtube interview that DN only had hatchets in CO (despite IN employer & landlord statements.)

Below is one of the pics of their room that former employer took, is that a small hatchet on the floor next to the mattress (middle arrow)? Orange handle, black cover? If you look at the zoomed image, it looks like there might be a black string attached to the bottom of the handle. The other two arrows are pointing to a pair of flip flops and a single flip flop. Pointing those out for size comparison.

I found one that has a straight blaze orange handle, arced blade & black cover but it's 13" in length, so compared to the flip flops it might be too long. The one at the second link is 9.75". They do make mini hatchets but I haven't found one that has a solid orange handle like that yet.
Mostly I'm just curious if that looks like a small hatchet to anyone?

Pic sources:
https://www.bladehq.com/item--OKC-Spec-Plus-SP16-SPAX-Tool-Fixed--22275
https://www.bladehq.com/item--Ultimate-Survival-Technologies--26996

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...ss-says-daniel-nations-had-violent-tendencies
Maybe KN didn't know about these occasions? It doesn't sound like these incidents were reported to LE or followed up as they didn't press charges it seems. Perhaps all these people were scared of him and just glad to get him off their property without further incident. She was living with him at the time wasnt she or was this after the DV incident perhaps?

Those are indeed rumors.

So you think TW's murder had a hatchet involved along with a gun?
Have you found evidence of hatchet use in other murders? Or perhaps you can't say here which I understand.

I can't say here, but TW may have had other wounds and the gunshot is what killed him. It was a question someone (maybe even me) had asked somewhere.

I believe she thinks he very well may be BG (if she doesn't know for sure) and wants to distance herself from the crime as much as possible by being willing to discuss and consider the possibilities.
The problem is she has been asked terrible questions. I want to know why they moved from FL to IN and did he know anyone in Carroll Co and does she know where was the construction crew working in mid Feb and does he often wear a brown tool belt or nail pouch. I know she was asked not to talk about the case but some of those questions are not directly to the case itself.

How do we know she was asked not to talk about the case? Sounds like a 1st amendment issue to me. She said in the Stroup video or somewhere "I'll talk about anything but my kids". She can talk about anything she wants and no one can stop her without a Judge's Order.

JMO

How do we know she was asked not to talk about the case? Sounds like a 1st amendment issue to me. She said in the Stroup video or somewhere "I'll talk about anything but my kids". She can talk about anything she wants and no one can stop her without a Judge's Order.

JMO

The plot thickens!

Margarita, I asked the question because I'm puzzled why it matters what type of hatchet he had. Yes a hatchet has been mentioned in his arrest but what does delving into the precise hatchet owned prove? It hasn't been linked to any murders at this point. There has to be some basis for sleuthing it don't you think?

DN has a history of hatchets, numerous incidents...he is currently a POI, not sure why its hard to understand why hatches are being discussed?

No need for criticism IMO.
BG is the suspect as far as we know and if he was not, there would be no reason for LE to still be asking for tips while using his picture and sketch.

At first LE thought (or maybe not really) that he might just know something so they wanted to talk to him. Then something quickly and drastically changed. He became the primary suspect.

http://people.com/crime/abigail-williams-liberty-german-slain-indiana-teens-5-things/

I just think if they still thought he was just a "subject" they need to talk to, like a witness, they would not have named him the "primary suspect".

JMO

Many thanks.

Back to the drawing board, as that knocks one of my theories on the head.

Cheers
Reacher

JMO
But Stroup did ask her something to which she replied she had been asked not to talk about the case. If it is still up I will go back and review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly