IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #74

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a way you could get blood and dna off of a hatchet? Could you put it in an acid solution to remove evidence for example? Just wondering if it could be determined a person was murdered with a hatchet but because it had been thoroughly cleaned it could not be tied to a suspect’s own one.

Sure, look at very recent Pleskovic case where DNA was found on the knife used by her SIL and I'm sure he had washed it!

We are allowed to discuss BG, the case, DN the POI, TW's murder, which brought DN to the fore. If you consider it a sideshow, where is the main event IYO?
I don't really feel that most on here are out of line, Bird. We're not saying he DEF did it, we are just sleuthing as in: IF it was he, then x,y,z. Maybe we should reference BG's initials more oft than DN's ... then u would feel better??

Im not sure if blood and DNA could be found if it was cleaned or degraded somehow, but if a person was murdered with a hatchet, it would leave unique wounds and marks on a body almost like "tool marks". Those marks could be measured for depth, width, etc, to be matched to the hatchet, like knife wounds. Since DN was arrested with the hatchet, I have wondered if the reason Delphi LE never released the information on the murder weapon is because it was so unique, and if the murderer knew police could tie it to the murders, he would have dumped it. MOO

I completely agree.

If there is any damage to the blade (gouges, etc) it would make a unique pattern, as opposed to a blade without any damage that would make a ‘clean’ mark. It could then be matched up to the wounds on a body to further incriminate the person in possession of it. Kinda like the wear pattern on the soles of shoes or on tires matching up to footprints or tire tracks.

Just thinking out loud...

Along with the freedom to discuss the things you mentioned comes the corresponding obligation to post and comment without speculations that have no basis in fact or logic.

If anyone is doing that the mods have it. Are you saying I have done that? Please clarify . I too dislike accusation/speculations with no basis in fact.

Along with the freedom to discuss the things you mentioned comes the corresponding obligation to post and comment without speculations that have no basis in fact or logic.

Whoa! I don't think anyone here is speculating illogically at all. We are simply here trying to figure out what went on that day in the interests of finding justice for Abby & Liberty. That's all. No one says it def WAS DN, we're still just evaluating whether he might OR MAY NOT be BG.

I don't really feel that most on here are out of line, Bird. We're not saying he DEF did it, we are just sleuthing as in: IF it was he, then x,y,z. Maybe we should reference BG's initials more oft than DN's ... then u would feel better??
Hi Ember, you answered my post instead of Bird's but I agree nonetheless. I use BG initials wherever I can but when talking Co charges or hachets it really is DN as he is the MSM/LE "hatchet man" based on numerous testimonials already linked in the media and regular threads.

Wth is a BONG? Have you a link to a pic?
Blimey, I just googled. So a bit like a hookah? It could be bong/hookah piping perhaps.

Oops, NVM. Bongs don't have that much piping to be the white thing. Sorry! But I DO think we are getting the axe figured out!

DN had three hatchets in CO alone,- per KN /AG video.
He apparently goes through them quickly..
So he didn’t have same hatchet as he had in Indiana.

Oops, NVM. Bongs don't have that much piping to be the white thing. Sorry! But I DO think we are getting the axe figured out!
I do think it could be piping for smoking drugs (drug paraphernalia) from a bong/hookah similar to the link I posted and I agree we are getting close to identifying the "bum bag" too.

Maybe that is the problem. But maybe he still has the same "bum bag" ?

Why would someone go thru so many hatchets in such a short period of time? It's not like he was a lumberjack or something!

Why would someone go thru so many hatchets in such a short period of time? It's not like he was a lumberjack or something!

Hopefully that's one question LE has asked.
Some posters have suggested working with the Amish community so using it for work could be a reason. Getting rid of an incriminating weapon, could be another reason. AJMO.

I would always reference BG's initials if I have something to say about BG and DN's initials if I have something to say about him. Since I'm thinking BG's body is a full match to DN but BG's face isn't quite right, I consider BG and DN as MAYBE 2 different perps.

RE: hatchet, IN murders and possible DNA on it. We know from comments made to MSM that two different IN witnesses say DN had a hatchet in IN and that he damaged property with it and threatened at least one person. That was as recent as 2015. But in the youtube interview KN tells a different version. She indicates the entire time she's known him (married 6 years this month per KN) he only had a hatchet in CO. (One could argue she wasn't living with him when IN hatchet threats occurred. However, that appears disproved in first source linked below, video at :40 mark shows images employer took of their apartment DN trashed, there are baby items including a crib and toys, indicating KN + child were living there as well.) In youtube interview she mentions which retailers he bought hatchets from in CO. If her statement about the purchases in CO is true, what happened to the hatchet(s) witnesses saw him with in IN? Also, IF he is BG, and IF a hatchet were a weapon in Delphi, it would seem that weapon was no longer in his possession in May when they left for CO, since he supposedly needed to buy new ones out west. MOO
Sources below.

"once their relationship with him went south, Nations completely trashed the apartment they let him live in, constantly lost his temper and became violent, destroyed property and even threatened one of them with a hatchet, which he often carried around." (Per linked article he was hired Spring 2015.) http://fox59.com/2017/09/28/former-employer-of-person-of-interest-in-delphi-murders-recalls-worrisome-behavior/

A former landlord, Randy Hamilton, also accused Daniel of having "a zero-tolerance temper," according to The Journal and Courier. Hamilton, who rented a house to the Nations family in Martinsville, Ind., recalled seeing Daniel chop trees and a chair with a hatchet during one of his fits of anger.
"He's a damn nut, I'll tell you that," Hamilton said. http://gazette.com/menacing-suspect...ts-he-killed-monument-cyclist/article/1613703

KN comments youtube video
10:35 DN having a hatchet is brought up.
Interviewer: Why does he carry the hatchet around?
KN: "He was born in the mountains of North Carolina so he's, he's very fond of being out in the woods, he was a vivid [sic] hunter when I first met him, so he's all for being outdoors for long periods of time.
Interviewer: And that's why he carries the hatchet?
KN: Well, you know, he didn't carry it all the time. Like when I first met him, that wasn't a situation. The only time that he's had it, had a hatchet or axe, was while we were here in Colorado. Because we were living homeless and camping. So obviously you know it was used for firewood and whatnot.
(subject change, FF to 22:08 mark)
Interviewer: Ok, with the hatchet, did he just carry the hatchet or did he have like uh something that he would carry it in?
KN: Um, well he's had two since we've been in Colorado. Um, the first one was a orange and black one, from Walmart, did not have a case for it. Uh the second one was a yellow and black one that I think he got from Tractor Supply, and that one didn't have a case either.
(subject changes)
BBM

39 weeks ago today. I am still here for you Liberty and Abigail. Justice is coming.

RE: hatchet, IN murders and possible DNA on it. We know from comments made to MSM that two different IN witnesses say DN had a hatchet in IN and that he damaged property with it and threatened at least one person. That was as recent as 2015. But in the youtube interview KN tells a different version. She indicates the entire time she's known him (married 6 years this month per KN) he only had a hatchet in CO. (One could argue she wasn't living with him when IN hatchet threats occurred. However, that appears disproved in first source linked below, video at :40 mark shows images employer took of their apartment DN trashed, there are baby items including a crib and toys, indicating KN + child were living there as well.) In youtube interview she mentions which retailers he bought hatchets from in CO. If her statement about the purchases in CO is true, what happened to the hatchet(s) witnesses saw him with in IN? Also, IF he is BG, and IF a hatchet were a weapon in Delphi, it would seem that weapon was no longer in his possession in May when they left for CO, since he supposedly needed to buy new ones out west. MOO
Sources below.

"once their relationship with him went south, Nations completely trashed the apartment they let him live in, constantly lost his temper and became violent, destroyed property and even threatened one of them with a hatchet, which he often carried around." (Per linked article he was hired Spring 2015.) http://fox59.com/2017/09/28/former-employer-of-person-of-interest-in-delphi-murders-recalls-worrisome-behavior/

A former landlord, Randy Hamilton, also accused Daniel of having "a zero-tolerance temper," according to The Journal and Courier. Hamilton, who rented a house to the Nations family in Martinsville, Ind., recalled seeing Daniel chop trees and a chair with a hatchet during one of his fits of anger.
"He's a damn nut, I'll tell you that," Hamilton said. http://gazette.com/menacing-suspect...ts-he-killed-monument-cyclist/article/1613703

KN comments youtube video
10:35 DN having a hatchet is brought up.
Interviewer: Why does he carry the hatchet around?
KN: "He was born in the mountains of North Carolina so he's, he's very fond of being out in the woods, he was a vivid [sic] hunter when I first met him, so he's all for being outdoors for long periods of time.
Interviewer: And that's why he carries the hatchet?
KN: Well, you know, he didn't carry it all the time. Like when I first met him, that wasn't a situation. The only time that he's had it, had a hatchet or axe, was while we were here in Colorado. Because we were living homeless and camping. So obviously you know it was used for firewood and whatnot.
(subject change, FF to 22:08 mark)
Interviewer: Ok, with the hatchet, did he just carry the hatchet or did he have like uh something that he would carry it in?
KN: Um, well he's had two since we've been in Colorado. Um, the first one was a orange and black one, from Walmart, did not have a case for it. Uh the second one was a yellow and black one that I think he got from Tractor Supply, and that one didn't have a case either.
(subject changes)
BBM

I question KN's recall. Also, if DN had an axe because they were living homeless in CO, it would stand to reason DN had one while he was living homeless in IN.

Kkdj is talking about the brown fanny pack looking like a leather hatchet head cover and that had occurred to me too. It does look similar. However, I remember LE early on saying it was a fanny pack so just assumed they would know as they have seen the video and know the manner of death.

I dont recall LE saying anything about the killer having a fanny pack. I may have missed it. Can you please provide the link? TY

I question KN's recall. Also, if DN had an axe because they were living homeless in CO, it would stand to reason DN had one while he was living homeless in IN.

Most people have one or possibly two hatchets in their life.
I wonder if the police have thorughly metal detected the areas surrounding the bridges he said he was living under in Indiana for tossing an item into the woods.

I also wonder how many women in Indiana might be willing to give DNA to expand the familial pool of DNA available to check against.
Right now DNA matching is restricted to a pool of people related to a criminal, or a military person serving after 1991.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1