IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #76

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"True fact: grieving parents learn to create their own little worlds."

I'm so sorry, Mtnlites, to learn of your loss and suffering. Your words were clear and calm but your story of how you dealt with your son's death were gut-wrenching to read. You are an eloquent spokesperson for that rarely mentioned club.

Thank you. It's been 7 years for me, and time is pretty much the only thing that helps. Grief never goes away, it just changes and you learn to live with it. People don't tell you that the stages of grief are not linear and that they're neverending. Sometimes I still fall back in the "anger" and "depression". Whenever I meet another grieving family or, in this case, see them speaking on television, it takes me right back. I remember that year and all those firsts: first Christmas, first missed birthday, first first Halloween to get through without your child...When you see another member of that "club", it doesn't matter if you've never met the person. Doesn't matter if you share different politics or religious views or cultural differences- you just immediately jump into their shoes.

I hope this episode helps. I feel that they did this as a means to reach out to someone who knows something and hasn't yet come forward. I still believe that there MUST be evidence somewhere, something that would be invaluable to cementing the case. An article of clothing, a weapon, a souvenir...My hope is that the more national attention the case gets, the better chance that someone will come forward.

Most of this information is up to interpretation. However, because many of us have speculated that she wasn't filming straight on, and while walking, it seems like she was trying to be inconspicuous in what she was doing.

Thanks for joining, by the way. It will help if you use "reply with quote" to a poster so that we're all clear on who you're replying to. :)

I apologize, wasn't sure how to reply with the quote, hope this is it.

I have a question....

This case is frustrating as others have mentioned upthread.

My question is....

The sketch is in black and white, BG is said to have brownish/red hair. Being middle aged, would his scruff "beard" mustache be graying/white/red/brown?

It would be great if LE could put out a color sketch of what the perp could possibly look like.

So glad to hear the case is getting more media exposure. Let's pray that tip comes today and the families receive a special Christmas gift by knowing justice is served.

RIP Abby and Libby...:rose::rose:

WSer's, the families, LE, and the local community can never give up for the sake of these girls!!!!

I pray this perp is caught before he can hurt anyone else. I also pray that good prevails over evil soon!

May today be the day!!!

ETA: using the term perp lightly....I have other names for him...I just can't say them here!!!

Still haven't caught up yet~~but~~~Thank you to all the WS'ers that posted about the Dr. Phil show today!!!

So terribly sad these girls haven’t gotten justice yet. I haven’t followed this case for a few months now but caught the Dr. Phil today. Back then I didn’t think they had any idea who BG was and sadly I don’t think they are any closer.

The timeline is incredible to me. Just over an hour to kill 2 girls. I know some people just kill for the thrill but the timeline leaves very little time for him to have done anything else. With so many people searching that first night, it’s hard to believe they weren’t found if they weren’t taken out of the area. I am stumped on COD. I think someone somewhere would have heard a gun. A knife would caused a mess that would be hard to cover up. Strangulation wouldn’t require a weapon but wouldn’t necessarily leave a horrific crime scene if we believe that to be true.

[emoji22]

At the very end, the detective kind of spelled out what type of 'tip' they are wanting to hear.

He was saying that [ paraphrasing] someone was talking to this man last night, and knows him well, and that person needs to do the right thing and call it in.

So I think what they really need is for someones wife or brother , who has very strong suspicions, and has reason to believe in his guilt, to call in with specifics. Like here is a picture of him in that coat, here is info about him being in/near Delphi that day, etc etc...

I got much the same impression. It was as if the entire show was arranged to appeal to a specific person who had critical information. Especially when Carter stated this person had spoken to the man last night (or iirc "yesterday") in such a specific manner, it appeared to be a personal plea.

Well. I recorded this and watched it tonight. My opinions/thoughts:

- IMO there was no SA. No time for it and I just can't imagine that we would not get a feel from the families emotional energy if SA had it happened. I'm not wording this very well. I think if the girls had been victims of SA and murder it would come through somehow. The "extra" anger. The "extra" disbelief. I'm sorry, I'm really not able to put this into words very well I guess. Like there would be some inevitable clues somehow in their word choices and phrasing that just didn't seem to be there.

- IMO it isn't gunshots that killed the girls. I think initially if they had found two girls shot in the woods we would have known it. They'd be saying we are looking for someone with x gun or x rifle etc. It is also MOO that had it been gunshot wounds we wouldn't have all this hush hush around COD and even the level of horror that was relayed. It would be more like we need to find the lunatic out here shooting girls. More direct. It's something weirder and way more distressing MOO tho.

- DN. Maybe not him after all. And I say this because of how they said things on the show several times along the the lines of "the killer is still walking among us" "the killer is out there" "no one is safe" -- not specifically these exact words but more that they just have no idea who BG is at all. JMO.

- They need "The Tip" to solve this. Doug Carter said something very disheartening along the lines of how he hoped to someday in his lifetime see this case solved. It just didn't seem very confident that they were close to anything at all. MOO.

- Another takeaway from this - IMO they seem to feel it is pointless to try and manipulate the pictures and examine them to the last pixel. They've done it all, it is what it is, none of us are going to miraculously solve anything by trying to see things in the pictures, etc.

It's still such a puzzling case with so much yet so little. Let's all really try to hope a lot of hopes that this does actually bring in "The Tip" they need.

I'm still wondering if BG hid the girls in a structure or took them away somewhere, then helped with the search, knowing when it was called off that night. Iirc they were searching for alive teens, possibly hurt or lost that night. Then, when he knew it was called off till morning, he took them back, killed them and buried them under leaves. I would suspect their shoes were found not on them. If only shoes were found off of their feet, then people would know something must have gone terribly wrong cuz who would run around in the middle of a cold night without their shoes? I think that's why it was asked what color her shoes were, to identify that they were hers, but not because they were on a body.

True fact: grieving parents learn to create their own little worlds. People were like, "How were you able to get up and talk at his funeral? Do those interviews? Be on that news show? etc. etc." You learn to do it because you learn how to fake being "normal." I could tell ANYONE about his death, describe all the events of that day-even what his body looked like as lividity started setting in-without blinking an eye. People around me were falling apart but I never cried as I spoke to them. It's because I honestly felt like I was living outside myself, just watching a movie. I could laugh, volunteer on my oldest son's field trips, sing Christmas carols, tell jokes, go listen to music with friends, etc. and put on a REAL good public image. I certainly played the public part well. At home, however, it was a different story. Sheer terror. My husband and I would stay up all night, unwilling to go to sleep because we were too depressed to wake up in the morning. We hated facing new days. We talked about different ways we could commit suicide-ways that would be quick and painless and not too messy to clean up. I honestly believe that the only reason we didn't is because we had a surviving son and, four months later, I got pregnant with our daughter. Her pregnancy pretty much saved our lives.

My point, and I do have one, is that the inner workings of a bereaved parent are strange. It's weird what we would react to and what we wouldn't. I could sit there and tell a total stranger about how it took the coroner 6 hours to get to the hospital, because I live in a small town and he was out hunting. And how, while I waited, I sat there and dabbled away at the tiny blood droplets. I could talk about that in a scientific way. But you look at me and tell me that it was "all part of God's plan" or that he was "in a better place" and I would absolutely go ballistic on you. :)

Sorry, I don't normally talk about these things but watching the families today just kind of brought some of that out. I wouldn't read too much into what they know or what their expressions were or how they said something or didn't say something (and I know you didn't, Rocket, so this wasn't aimed at you).

Thank you so much for sharing your experience of your grief with us. You have done such a great service here. More than you can possibly know!

Not that anyone else could ever begin to understand your tragic loss of your son if they haven't walked in your shoes. That's not possible.

But you have helped us with your unselfish explanation of how you processed and continued to function during the worst nightmare a mother could ever face.

It helps us to see Libby's and Abby's families too through your eyes a little more clearly.

You will never know the lasting impact of your words. You have given us a gift...

i got much the same impression. It was as if the entire show was arranged to appeal to a specific person who had critical information. Especially when carter stated this person had spoken to the man last night (or iirc "yesterday") in such a specific manner, it appeared to be a personal plea.

this!^^^^^

I got much the same impression. It was as if the entire show was arranged to appeal to a specific person who had critical information. Especially when Carter stated this person had spoken to the man last night (or iirc "yesterday") in such a specific manner, it appeared to be a personal plea.

Did this give you the impression they actually know who did the crime, but they need the person who spoke to BG yesterday to turn in him, cuz they would be able to make the pieces fit? If so, then I would say it also implies BG is not homeless.
I actually took it more to mean that someone may have spoken to BG yesterday and wondered, now seeing the show, if it was him. That person, coming forward might make it fit with their new information/knowledge from the Dr. Phil show.

yeah something cool under his coat, a puppy or something ..
I think is pretty naive to think this girls wanted to see a puppy from some random guy on a bridge and that's why they went there. Teenagers are not stupid, and this two were pretty smart, the fact that one of them got pic and video from this guy is prove of that. Jmo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Many months later. Still think a drifter. Still considering DN as a possibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've wondered and wondered how he lured the girls to go down the hill. Did he actually instruct them to go down the hill or was he possibly showing them something down the hill? Perhaps a wounded animal that he needed their help with. (I'm picturing a deer) Maybe they originally thought they were going to help something. He didn't seem panicked when he was saying it. Then once they all went he let hell out.
Just a thought.....

I think is pretty naive to think this girls wanted to see a puppy from some random guy on a bridge and that's why they went there. Teenagers are not stupid, and this two were pretty smart, the fact that one of them got pic and video from this guy is prove of that. Jmo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Maybe two puppies.

Did this give you the impression they actually know who did the crime, but they need the person who spoke to BG yesterday to turn in him, cuz they would be able to make the pieces fit? If so, then I would say it also implies BG is not homeless.
I actually took it more to mean that someone may have spoken to BG yesterday and wondered, now seeing the show, if it was him. That person, coming forward might make it fit with their new information/knowledge from the Dr. Phil show.

I've always had reason to believe that in unsolved cases, public interface by family members and LE is very carefully scripted through the application of psychology, in the hope of achieving an intended result. I could be wrong but it caught my attention when Carter made that very specific statement, as opposed to what LE have said in the past "somebody knows this person".

I have a question....

This case is frustrating as others have mentioned upthread.

My question is....

The sketch is in black and white, BG is said to have brownish/red hair. Being middle aged, would his scruff "beard" mustache be graying/white/red/brown?

It would be great if LE could put out a color sketch of what the perp could possibly look like.

So glad to hear the case is getting more media exposure. Let's pray that tip comes today and the families receive a special Christmas gift by knowing justice is served.

RIP Abby and Libby...:rose::rose:

WSer's, the families, LE, and the local community can never give up for the sake of these girls!!!!

I pray this perp is caught before he can hurt anyone else. I also pray that good prevails over evil soon!

May today be the day!!!

ETA: using the term perp lightly....I have other names for him...I just can't say them here!!!

Still haven't caught up yet~~but~~~Thank you to all the WS'ers that posted about the Dr. Phil show today!!!
I saw a FBi color sketch on the south side of Delphi during my trip last Summer. It was inside of a small business, and when I saw it the image stopped me dead in my tracks. The eyes are striking, in that image.

I've always had reason to believe that in unsolved cases, public interface by family members and LE is very carefully scripted through the application of psychology, in the hope of achieving an intended result. I could be wrong but it caught my attention when Carter made that very specific statement, as opposed to what LE has said in the past "somebody knows this person".
Never thought about it like that, but you're absolutely right.

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member