IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #76

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding DNA, my best guess is they have good DNA but because of where it was found it may or may not belong to the killer. Meaning, it wasn't found on the girls but near by (such as a cigarette butt, saliva, etc.).

If my guess is correct, LE would be trying to match suspect DNA to that recovered at the crime scene. If it doesn't match that still wouldn't rule them out.

If they get a match, it wouldn't rule someone in but they would be all over that person looking for other evidence.

moo, of course

This has been my contention for months now. So, yes, I agree. I believe DN’s DNA doesn’t match the unidentified DNA at the crime scene; so, while it likely rules him out, LE can’t be 100% sure. In addition, LE’s words and actions since returning from CO strongly suggest that they’ve lost interest in DN as a possible suspect. LE has basically telegraphed that they believe BG is still at large somewhere.

Ok... I'm going to make some attempt to catch up after the Dr Phil airing. I'll be back.

According to this quote from the article he is just another poi.

So, is Daniel Nations our big top number? No, he’s just another one in the field that we’re still looking at,” said Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley.

I believe he was only named a poi publicly because the CO crimes were in the news and LE was asked if he was a poi in IN, unlike the rest of the poi’s. IMO
Please see my edited post . That may be so but it was reconfirmed in MSM yesterday and it was Indiana detectives who declared him a POI. None of the others are named so we cannot know. It is a bit worrying if they have hundreds whom they think capable of such a terrible crime. I am wondering if he is high on FBI's list but not on ISP's. JMO.

Do you (or anyone) remember how we first heard DN's name? Did it come from social media, press or LE? I'm following too many cases and drawing a total blank. TIA
I heard it on here first IIRC. Daey34 called in the tip and alerted us about the arrest snd the Indiana connection. (the car plates). The rest is history.

I heard it on here first IIRC. Daey34 called in the tip and alerted us about the arrest snd the Indiana connection. (the car plates). The rest is history.

I remember D34 posting about tipping on DN but seem to remember there were multiple tips before theirs. My memory could be totally wrong. moo

Yes, we'd have loads to talk about then. I think DN must be their number 1, otherwise why even name him?
Eta I just saw your post where they are denying he's their number 1. So why was he named? It doesn't make sense to me they are now saying he isn't.

I don’t recall him ever being named the #1 POI, just another POI who is being looked in to.

Hi everyone, been lurking on and off since the beginning and finally posting for the first time today. To say that I am fascinated by this case and want justice for the girls is an understatement.

So many thoughts from the get go. Just finished watching the Dr Phil show and am wondering about Libby’s mother and father. I’m sure this has been discussed before but do we know how involved they are? Is their lack of presence in the media just out of choice or are they completely removed from the situation? Sorry if this has already been discussed.

Always enjoy reading these threads and appreciate the insights :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t recall him ever being named the #1 POI, just another POI who is being looked in to.
I am saying as he is the only named poi he must be their number one, otherwise name some others more important. I hope there's no more like DN still free to roam.
Who is a more important POI than DN at this time? Noone.

Yes, we'd have loads to talk about then. I think DN must be their number 1, otherwise why even name him?
Eta I just saw your post where they are denying he's their number 1. So why was he named? It doesn't make sense to me they are now saying he isn't.

Hi, Shire!
Re: Why DN was named.
IIRC that broke in the CO media first. Then IN LE requested CO LE not reveal any similarities between the two cases. If it hadn’t hit the CO media first I doubt we’d have multiple threads about him here (since we wouldn’t have MSM info).

I am saying as he is the only named poi he must be their number one, otherwise name some others more important. I hope there's no more like DN still free to roam.

But, that's why I asked about how his name hit MSM. I don't remember LE naming him -- my memory is that they reacted to him being named.

I think I'd remember if they ever indicated he was at the top of anyone's list. moo

Hi, Shire!
Re: Why DN was named.
IIRC that broke in the CO media first. Then IN LE requested CO LE not reveal any similarities between the two cases. If it hadn’t hit the CO media first I doubt we’d have multiple threads about him here (since we wouldn’t have MSM info).
Hi RIP. I was answering how I first heard of it. You are correct about media in Co breaking it but that was as a result of members of the public calling the FBI first to report the likeness to BG of DN. Then Co called In. (I think that's how it went down). If I am wrong Daey34 please correct me?

But, that's why I asked about how his name hit MSM. I don't remember LE naming him -- my memory is that they reacted to him being named.

I think I'd remember if they ever indicated he was at the top of anyone's list. moo
I don't think anyone but LE can name someone a POI can they? Are you saying MSM or Co named him first? I don't recall that but only follow on here. The source that first named him a POI is probably in the media thread.

Who is a more important POI than DN at this time? Noone.

No one that we know of, but they have said numerous times now, DN is just another one of their POIs, no more or no less.

There is no need for them to tell us who their POIs are, unless there is a very strong case against them and they need to find them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay