IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #76

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A) Person makes theoretical claim
B) Fact is reported which flatly contradicts claim
C) Person reasserts claim, dismissing the reported fact as purposeful LE lie/deception/misinformation designed to trick suspect

Once the pitchfork comes out, is hard to put it back. Sadly.

Maybe the searchers did ask about the shoes but it got lost in translation. One reason to possibly ask about shoes would be the inability to distinguish the colors of the clothes the girls were wearing due to them being covered by debris and the searchers did not want to disturb the scene.

It should of been top priority without a doubt, but as impossibly ridiculous as it may sound I believe embarrassment and feeling like a fool played a big factor in the time gap.
Personal example: When my property was vandalize I literally passed the two people on our rural gravel road and said to myself "they looked familiar, but haven't ever seen them this far out before". So I stupidly never put them into the equation until the Duh Bell went off. Well I was embarrassed and felt like a total fool, especially with my training.

Hope that made sense.

The family has been all over the news and social media, however, looking for tips and trying to keep the interest alive. They've even petitioned AT&T for phone records. They've definitely been proactive in their attempt to bring justice to the girls. I can understand being confused in this case, and perhaps not realizing the magnitude of what was seen, but in a murder investigation I can't see them keeping ANY little detail to themselves-especially one that consisted of an actual person on the trail.

Haven't had a chance to read back today so forgive me if this is posted. Newsradio 78 Chicago has on their news loop that LE usually gets around 3 tips per day in this case now. Since Dr. Phil aired they have received 140 tips in less than 20 hours they said.

JMO...
Respectfully, we don’t know when they watched it. The day of the search? The day the girls were found? Coverage in the days after that? The first press conference? Subsequent press conferences? Coverage of the benefits and proposed memorial for the girls? The press conference when the sketch was released? Officer Holman’s August interview? We don’t know if they watched online or on TV. We don’t know if they were in IN or CO.
We don’t even know if KN is telling the truth. Maybe she’s the one lying and DN, while living under bridges, out of cars and in hotel rooms really did manage to not hear about this case until after his arrest.
One of them is lying. They can't both be right.

Rottmom -their ceaseless grief is going to have a lot of stages - and “what if’s”
Abby wasn’t supposed to be on the bridge. But no one did anything wrong. IMO It’s not relevant to finding BG.

You wanna know the first thought that went through MY head when I found my son?

"Great. Now the whole day is ruined-and it was supposed to be a NICE day!"

Here's the thing...when something horrific happens, you go into "survival mode." It's like your brain literally can't process what you're seeing or feeling so it causes some dissonance. It's the only way to get you through the moment.

Seconds after having that thought, I totally freaked out and panicked. Screaming, running around, pulling my hair, etc. But for at least 2-3 seconds, it was like I wasn't even totally aware of what I was looking at. Later that night, when friends came to the house to clean and cook us dinner, I was embarassed by the fact that we didn't have a potato peeler. I'd spent the whole day planning my child's funeral yet, there I was, stressing about kitchen appliances.

You have very little control over your thoughts at a time like that. Your brain is trying to protect you by ignoring what's going on. I can TOTALLY understand the gut reaction of "she is so grounded" upon seeing that picture. Better to think about her being home and grounded, and SAFE, than to entertain the idea of her being dead.

I am saying as he is the only named poi he must be their number one, otherwise name some others more important. I hope there's no more like DN still free to roam.
Who is a more important POI than DN at this time? Noone.

I respectfully disagree with the part I bolded. Just because we're not aware of other, more viable suspects doesn't mean LE doesn't have them. They've said they have 100's of POI's.

moo

Maybe because she remembered that first.

Or maybe the shoes were a very distinctive colour?

I suppose if instead she'd named the colour of LIbby's shirt or pants the same "why that" question could be asked. JMO the family was sharing their experience when the bodies were discovered and nothing more.

I was really very moved when Kelsie spoke. It must've been extremely difficult for her and that she sat beside ISP Spr Carter in the front row seemed to put her st ease somewhat, rather than facing the audience.

he is accused...he was accused publicly. how it manages to just fit with everything else is another puzzle piece.

but he is accused, he is known as hatchet man, I believe these people who tried to help him and fell for the con.

I believe them. Im not a judge in a court of law, I don't know them but what I know of DN tells me this is no lie.

it also tells me that the act in itself was intimidating enough that police were not involved.

I believe them 100%, doesn't even matter what may have occurred or gone on because the result , violence and destruction of innocent life is in the hand of the doer...and since the known to be doer is DN...

no, i will not let go. they have to show me. MOO . I believe it was two pigs

Were charges ever filed on the pig slaughtering? He is known as "hatchet man" because people have recently coined a term to encapsulate some of his recent alleged activity. He has not been charged with actually killing anyone with a hatchet.

I respectfully disagree with the part I bolded. Just because we're not aware of other, more viable suspects doesn't mean LE doesn't have them. They've said they have 100's of POI's.

moo

I agree, Jax. LE certainly isn't going to name names.

moo

I disagree, too, that he is their "number one" POI. Didn't they say that they had other POIs and that he was simply one of many? I think of one of the main reasons that we know about DN is because of TW's death. We have NO idea if LE traveled to other states to interview different POIs. For all we know, they have, but those were never publicized.

Any clue how far from the body? Also, has there been any movement with that case? TIA

ETA: I keep thinking if they have the gun they should have the ballistic report back by now.

I think one at the trailhead near where the body was found and one on the side of the road. Last I heard they were working on a plea bargain. Unless there's some blockbuster dropped in court tomorrow I'd say it's 50/50 he's out on bail by the end of the day.

Really random shoe comment, but as a Mountain Biker, Id thought TWs shoe was likely still clipped onto the cleats. Easier sometimes to take shoe off than unclip.
Great to have Dr Phil show eliciting so many calls (and posts!). Hope some great leads for LE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The big questions are why did they take the picture and why didn't they run away? The suspect had a history of living under bridges. It's entirely possible that he was living under/near the bridge and had met the girls before. They girls may have known him on some level because of previous encounters on the path. They may have taken the picture because they knew the guy and for whatever reason a picture was taken (maybe the girls where goofing around with him). Also if they had met him before they may have felt comfortable waiting for him to cross the bridge to chat rather than feeling threatened and not running away.

Do you (or anyone) remember how we first heard DN's name? Did it come from social media, press or LE? I'm following too many cases and drawing a total blank. TIA

I heard it on the early morning local news on WTHR, it was the “teaser” before the broadcast began. It was something like, “Coming up next, the investigation into the Delphi murders turns to a suspect in Colorado”

I think one at the trailhead near where the body was found and one on the side of the road. Last I heard they were working on a plea bargain. Unless there's some blockbuster dropped in court tomorrow I'd say it's 50/50 he's out on bail by the end of the day.
Whatever happens he won't be out because he has 4 hold warrants on him.

The big questions are why did they take the picture and why didn't they run away? The suspect had a history of living under bridges. It's entirely possible that he was living under/near the bridge and had met the girls before. They girls may have known him on some level because of previous encounters on the path. They may have taken the picture because they knew the guy and for whatever reason a picture was taken (maybe the girls where goofing around with him). Also if they had met him before they may have felt comfortable waiting for him to cross the bridge to chat rather than feeling threatened and not running away.

Welcome to WS. Hope this info helps.

LE called Liberty a hero for recording video of BG. There is no indication they were planning to met him or knew him in anyway.

DN is a POI (he has not been named a suspect) along with hundreds of other people. As far as we know he was living under a bridge some distance away (100 miles?).

“That young lady is a hero, there is no doubt,”

Indiana State Police Capt. David Bursten said of German during
a Wednesday press conference releasing the audio clip. “To have enough presence of mind to activate the video system on her cell phone to record what we believe is criminal behavior is about to occur … there is no doubt in our mind that that young lady is a hero.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/slain-girl-recorded-her-suspected-killer-saying-go-down-the-hill

My opinion is he used a gun to threaten and force them down the hill, but used some other method to kill.

Haven't had a chance to read back today so forgive me if this is posted. Newsradio 78 Chicago has on their news loop that LE usually gets around 3 tips per day in this case now. Since Dr. Phil aired they have received 140 tips in less than 20 hours they said.
I wonder how many were about DN, if any?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkravetsky