IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #77

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I understand correctly, the most logical way to return for pick up would have been back across the bridge. All other routes would either require crossing the frigid creek or be too far to walk.

moo

Well, there is the private drive off the SE end of the bridge going to the home where “snowbirds” lived. It only became roped off / no trespassing signs after the murders. But other than that, I think you’re right.

Apologies if this is a rerun, I'm just now seeing it. IN has a new DNA profiling law going into effect 1/1/18:

Indiana lawmakers are expecting more criminal cases solved next year.Starting in January, suspects arrested on probable cause for any felony charge will open themselves to scrutiny in other cases, thanks to Indiana's new DNA profiling legislation.
The new law requires felony suspects to submit to a DNA cheek swab.
The sample will then go to the Indiana State Police crime lab where it's processed and entered into the combined FBI/State Police database, known as CODIS.
Every week the profile will get searched automatically against other criminal evidence for a possible match to another crime.
Under the current law only those convicted of a felony are required to submit DNA. Under the new law, there's no more waiting for a conviction.

Full article here with more interesting details:
https://www.wthr.com/article/state-crime-lab-braces-for-impact-of-new-dna-profiling-law

Well, there is the private drive off the SE end of the bridge going to the home where “snowbirds” lived. It only became roped off / no trespassing signs after the murders. But other than that, I think you’re right.

Right, but the question was how to return to the pick up point. Is there another way they could have done that?

Seems it is the MSM who apparently need the lesson. Can't imagine anyone here not knowing. moo

Yes. MSM gets their wording incorrect more than they should, but I think it's for sensationalism a lot of the times. They should be held more accountable and need to correct their errors when it comes to legal terms that misrepresent the truth.

Right, but the question was how to return to the pick up point. Is there another way they could have done that?

The question was: “...if the girls hadn’t run into BG, would they have had to cross back over the bridge to get back to where they were being picked up?”

I thought it was a great question because I personally have assumed they were being picked up at the same location where they were dropped. And I suppose that’s probably the case but if for some reason Derrick was picking them up from the SE end, I find that interesting. But the girls probably had no qualms crossing That scary bridge twice. I sure would.

The question was: “...if the girls hadn’t run into BG, would they have had to cross back over the bridge to get back to where they were being picked up?”

I thought it was a great question because I personally have assumed they were being picked up at the same location where they were dropped. And I suppose that’s probably the case but if for some reason Derrick was picking them up from the SE end, I find that interesting. But the girls probably had no qualms crossing That scary bridge twice. I sure would.

I don't have a source at the tip of my fingers, but it was stated they were to be picked up at the SAME point where they were dropped off. LE released that info, if memory serves.

moo

Well, I guess that depends on how long it takes to walk across the bridge and back at 2:07 they were at one end could they have got back to the pickup point in 3/4 of an hour. I would have to take a whole day crawling on my knees as I am scared stiff of heights net alone heights without handrails and gaps underfoot but that is me. And it is each to their own, Children/Young adults don't scare as easily as older people their sense of danger is totally different.

IMHO

KR
Reacher

I missed whatever it was that did her in but I would guess based on the direction of her posts that it was most likely for sleuthing family members of the girls.

P.S. When I just typed "the girls" it made me really sad. I have girls and we always say "the girls".

Family member investigations are hard for the family and an additional tragedy if untrue. IMHO It’s good for the public to stay out of speculation about that part of an investigation.

That's how I understood the Q, too.

Now about that pick-up point. I still don't know where the drop-off/pick-up point was except for which side of the creek it was on.

Was it on the privately owned property which owners closed off to public use after the murders? Tia.

Well, I guess that depends on how long it takes to walk across the bridge and back at 2:07 they were at one end could they have got back to the pickup point in 3/4 of an hour. I would have to take a whole day crawling on my knees as I am scared stiff of heights net alone heights without handrails and gaps underfoot but that is me. And it is each to their own, Children/Young adults don't scare as easily as older people their sense of danger is totally different.

IMHO

KR
Reacher

Yes, they could have reached the pick up spot in that time frame.

O/T I've thought about it, not for a million dollars would I set foot on that bridge - nope, no way, ain't happening.

moo

I'm very aware there is a difference between a POI and a suspect. Always have been. I have a background in law, have worked in law offices prior, with discovery on cases. Also, I think most of us here know the difference. But thanks!

You're welcome. I wondered why you asked if I got a different message out of the two.

That's how I understood the Q, too.

Now about that pick-up point. I still don't know where the drop-off/pick-up point was except for which side of the creek it was on.

Was it on the privately owned property which owners closed off to public use after the murders? Tia.

Sorry, off the top of my head I don't remember but it was shown in one of the Gray Hughes videos (not the last, but the one before that).

Also, I think it is in the video of the grandfather tracing their path. Affiliated with the Dr Phil show.

I'll see if I can find it.

moo

ETA: Hope this helps. Grandfather shows where they were dropped off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtcTROIJBfw

I've never heard of a mobile pot lab or why you would need a lab to grow pot. A mobile meth lab I have heard of and people are being busted for cooking meth in their cars now.
Not pot as in marijuana but pot as in a cooking pot for meth production as you describe in your last sentence. Sorry for any confusion. I mentioned all this previously in regards to BG perhaps having it in a rucksack. But is was pooh poohed at the time. So it has been discussed before. However, talking pot ( marijuana ), DN was heavy into THC's according to KN in her interviews. So whether we talk about drugs on the bridge or DN on the bridge is one and the same really IMO. Drug induced rage killing .
:cow:

I had this image saved from a very early thread. It was not my creation and I'm sorry I can't remember to whom credit is due. At the time there were several posters who put a lot of energy into helping others understand the trail system in relation to the crime scene and unfortunately a lot of that work has gotten buried deep beneath the 77 threads.
ETA this isn't working. I had it saved as a thumbnail but I can't seem to drag and drop it into a post. Maybe someone else had it saved?

asset.php

On November 30, I was getting my hair done in Lafayette. One of the stylists was born/raised in Delphi...still lives there with her husband. We started talking about the case, and she told me that LE was back at Indiana Packers interviewing third shift (which her husband works so that's firsthand information). Just FYI.
What is "third shift" at Indiana Packers? This is interesting info TY.
Welcome to WS btw.

Not pot as in marijuana but pot as in a cooking pot for meth production as you describe in your last sentence. Sorry for any confusion. I mentioned all this previously in regards to BG perhaps having it in a rucksack. But is was pooh poohed at the time. So it has been discussed before. However, talking pot ( marijuana ), DN was heavy into THC's according to KN in her interviews. So whether we talk about drugs on the bridge or DN on the bridge is one and the same really IMO. Drug induced rage killing .
:cow:

IMO I think most of us have all seen police videos of meth car chases and arrests - with the manic super strength sexual psycho episodes that meth can bring.
To me BG looks hyper alert, and is sneaking a predatory glance from beneath brim of his hat looking right at LG. I believe he was looking to rape and then killed when thwarted or scared.

Interesting point again thanks. So prior to the murders it was accesible by vehicle or just on foot?

Sorry, off the top of my head I don't remember but it was shown in one of the Gray Hughes videos (not the last, but the one before that).

Also, I think it is in the video of the grandfather tracing their path. Affiliated with the Dr Phil show.

I'll see if I can find it.

moo

ETA: Hope this helps. Grandfather shows where they were dropped off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtcTROIJBfw

Bless you for the trouble you've gone to!

I wish I had explained ahead of time that I'm unable to stream vids due to s-l-o-w dial-up internet service! Grrh.. which might explain why I'm still in the dark as to P/U location. :blushing:

I watched (and very much enjoyed) the Dr. Phil Show and remember seeing MP at the bridge and walking a trail. However, I failed to figure out location of P/U point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jdogcatfish