IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #77

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JHMO, I think LE hopes they have the killers DNA. The have DNA but they aren't sure it belongs to BG, so it can not rule anyone out.
I agree Jax, they have DNA. If it matches someone they would then have to look at that person to determine if it could be the killer. If it doesn't match they have to look at all other circumstances. Can they immediately tell if they have a woman's DNA at the scene? If so they could eliminate all the women at the trail that day if they know BG is the killer. They may never get a match if it is just random DNA from a fisherman for example. So that is why I think they are appealing to wife/brother as they have been doing all along. They want an informer. :cow:

It's difficult to know from what LE has stated.

BBM

"........Along with DNA evidence, police also have the suspect's voice. Police tell us Libby recorded the killer’s voice on her cell phone, telling the girls to go down the hill. Investigators say she hit record after he approached them near the Monon High Bridge.

Sgt. Holeman tells us investigators recovered more audio from Libby’s phone, which was found with the girls at the crime scene.

“It does not appear to be anything more than some discussion between the girls. We have only released a portion of it. There are some others we think could help us but again protecting the integrity of the investigation is key so we cannot release everything because there are certain people that know the details and if we release it all then we get into false confessions,” said Sgt. Holeman..."
https://www.indystar.com/story/news...recovered-slain-delphi-teens-phone/566691001/
Could one of the girl's have said something like "isn't that a friend of so and so?"
What else could "there are some others we think could help us" and "certain people" mean?

IMO He could have seen DN earlier when on way to Lafayette, as BG was apparently just standing around on the trail looking like he was waiting for someone. He may have waited elsewhere for a while too.
What time did he go to Lafayette?

I think the 'certain people' are the investigators. A closed group - 'certain' people, as in 'few' and only these people.

I do not think he is referencing plural perps.
No I think he is referencing the perp or perps or wife or brother etc. Certain people know the details that investigators want to keep quiet to prevent false confessions.

while I don’t think it’s DN , I’m WAY from 100% convinced and there seems to be quite a few things that line up for sure . In fact I’d even go so far as to say if it was him I wouldn’t be surprised but the fact the witnesses haven’t been able to ID him, the length of time it’s been since he first came under the radar and the very organised and in control manner of BG make me think it’s possibly an older guy . But like everyone I’m just trying to understand a puzzle where so many of the pieces are missing. Jmo
We don't know that the witnesses haven't identified him. Would you mind posting a link where that has been stated because I don't remember that? That would be significant and rule him out for sure wouldn't it?

Hopefully LE IN and LE IO (murder cases of each 2 girls) are working close together. After all it could be, the cases are connected.

Here you go, in your own words. TYVM

Sent from my iPhone

ETA: Nobody is a “suspect” but there are quite a few POIs. If you are worried about rumors being started, please choose your words carefully. IMO

Ummm, you might wanna read that again, lol. My words were DN has neither been included or excluded as a suspect. What part of that do you find non-factual. TYVM.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As I said earlier in these threads: I probably wouldn't have known the eye color but I would have known "not blue" or MAYBE "not brown". I can't distinguish everything else. Only one of my children would have known by the very first glance.

The point is LE made the choice to add DEFINITELY NOT BLUE to their description of what the witness said.

All we can go by is what LE tells us to look for.

Still not understanding why there is so much disregard for facts LE has given us.

If one does not trust the definitely not blue statement, perhaps LE should be directly contacted-or-perhaps a reporter to follow up on that statement.

But for now, that's what LE chose to say.

Hopefully LE IN and LE IO (murder cases of each 2 girls) are working close together. After all it could be, the cases are connected.

They were in touch in the beginning and said there was nothing to lead them to believe they were connected.

Quote is in media thread.

Thank you! We are all so frustrated w/ this case, but I choose not to belittle anyone who voices their opinion. The snarky attitude is way out of control.

:goodpost: and the reason I lurk nowadays. :)

IMO He could have seen DN earlier when on way to Lafayette, as BG was apparently just standing around on the trail looking like he was waiting for someone. He may have waited elsewhere for a while too.
Sorry to ask Boxer, do you have a link for BG "standing around on the trail looking like etc...." or is that your opinion? We do have a statement that someone may have been hitchiking I know.

:goodpost: and the reason I lurk nowadays. :)

Regarding snarky posts^^

What one perceives as snark should be reported to the mods as per TOS.

Why not let them decide? They have repeatedly said that they don't sit on the threads 24/7 and rely on members to alert them if there is a problem.

Some people are easily offended and what one thinks is snark may not be at all.

Just sayin...

Chiming in late here but I can answer the 'phone GPS' question. Actually, I answered it many threads ago here.

Short version is: If you try to find Monon High Bridge via GPS or Google Maps, you get sent to the south side of the bridge via N625W, which deadends at a closed gate with 'no trespassing' and 'private property' signage. There is no public access to the bridge from that end.

Longer: To get to the red gate access point, you drive along W300N until you see the gate across from the Mears property. As the GH driving video shows, there's no parking there anymore.

TeaTime is very much correct in that you'd have to know about the location to find it. There's no indication of the bridge at that access point (you can't see it at all), although when you go through the gate, you'll see the signs for the 500+ steps down to the Mary Gerard Wildlife area and then another sign that points to the bridge.

If you're not familiar with the area, you'd really have no idea what the bridge is, how high it is, access, etc. From the north side entrance, you'd have no way to know that you could go 'down the hill' to the driveway when you got to the other side of the bridge. Or where you'd end up when you crossed the creek. And so on.

When we drove out to the bridge, it took us a number of attempts to find the red gate because we kept getting GPS'd over to the locked gate on the other side. We had two cell phones and a vehicle GPS and after the first few failed attempts, we were driving back and forth on the same roads, occasionally erupting into arguments out of frustration. We even drove back towards town and started over again at one point. I think we finally found it by locating the Mears property.

So it's definitely not a stumble-upon kind of place.
Now the Mears property trail parking is closed aand the private road gate is closed and padlocked, where do people park and access these trails from now?

Regarding snarky posts^^

What one perceives as snark should be reported to the mods as per TOS.

Why not let them decide? They have repeatedly said that they don't sit on the threads 24/7 and rely on members to alert them if there is a problem.

Some people are easily offended and what one thinks is snark may not be at all.

Just sayin...
Mods have already warned TO's will follow if the "snark" doesn't stop so presumably there was snark yesterday. We don't want to argue about snark now do we, just the case. We can all try to be polite with our comments surely as SB has asked.
Oh and 'tis the season of Goodwill and my birthday today. TY WS for the message.

The point is LE made the choice to add DEFINITELY NOT BLUE to their description of what the witness said.

All we can go by is what LE tells us to look for.

Still not understanding why there is so much disregard for facts LE has given us.

If one does not trust the definitely not blue statement, perhaps LE should be directly contacted-or-perhaps a reporter to follow up on that statement.

But for now, that's what LE chose to say.

If the witness got that close to notice eye colour then they would surely be able to identify the perp if as some people think he is in custody ?

If the witness got that close to notice eye colour then they would surely be able to identify the perp if as some people think he is in custody ?
Yep, hope so. Perhaps the witness is still in custody so doesn't see all the hype on the net and in the papers?

One would think so. And, IMHO the Dr Phil show would never have happened.

moo

One thing I'm a little surprised about is that DNs victims haven't come forward. Lots of times, past victims come forward to tell their stories, give an account of hiw violent the person was, etc. Similar to what happened with the former boss, tenant, etc. I think they would probably remember the voice during his attack mise and know if it was similar to the recording. Just something that crossed my mind.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Do you mean the SA victims? They usually have anonimity don't they especially if minors were involved, so perhaps that is why we haven't heard from them. We have certainly heard from KN, Grandma, the employers and landlords so far. One mentioned a voice similarity.

That possibility sorta fell off our radar, didn't it? Hope it didn't fall off LE's. moo

Shiressleuth!

:bdsong:

:party:

:confetti:

:balloons:

:cake4u:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online