IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #77

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO the police are getting closer - they haven’t let up on sorting through tips and leads. A new sketch and new witnesses may lead to yet more witnesses as they trace movements and time lines. I assume they have been tracing all relevant phone pings.
They are looking for a non felony shorter white man 30-50, and seems to have at least a bit of midwestern southern accent. They have a face, and it looks like DNA too.

JMO...

I think there were multiple witnesses. LE has said it several times. Holman’s words were “more than a few”. Maybe a female witness was the source of “eyes not blue”, as the “she, oops, they” was around the time of the sketch release. Holman also commented (paraphrasing) there are people who don’t watch the news, alluding to at least one witness not coming forward sooner because they weren’t following the case.

In my recent scouring for links for the Facts post I came across LE saying (I’m going from memory here, so paraphrasing) the witness said BG’s eyes were “dark”. The witness couldn’t make out the exact color, but said they were definitely not blue. Possibly Holman/August, but I’m not sure. IIRC someone on here questioned how the witness could be sure the eyes weren’t blue but not know the color. HTH.

I also think that with the backlog in the forensics labs LE may not have ALL the DNA results back on the evidence, hence not being able to rule anyone in or out.

I look forward to reading all the insightful thought provoking comments on here. We all want justice for the girls. After 10 months of following this case we’re all a little frustrated. Please let’s keep this thread from being closed with all posters continuing to participate.

JMO.

I believe the mentioning of the man came after the girl talk. Do you think once he was on their radar they went back to talking about girl stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just thinking out loud here...I wonder why Libby chose to record the 'girl talk'? I know teens take lots of selfies, but do bffs normally record their conversations? The only think I can think of is that the girls got uneasy when they noticed BG following them, so pretended to be oblivious to him and talked about casual stuff so he wouldn't sense that they were nervous about him. Maybe they did it as a distraction so they could record him without him noticing. I'd be curious to know other people's thoughts.

If the families listened to only 2 minutes of recording (assuming it was consecutive) it means that the 'girl talk', mention of the man behind them, and the 'down the hill' happened all within a short time frame.

JMO...

I think there were multiple witnesses. LE has said it several times. Holman’s words were “more than a few”. Maybe a female witness was the source of “eyes not blue”, as the “she, oops, they” was around the time of the sketch release. Holman also commented (paraphrasing) there are people who don’t watch the news, alluding to at least one witness not coming forward sooner because they weren’t following the case.

In my recent scouring for links for the Facts post I came across LE saying (I’m going from memory here, so paraphrasing) the witness said BG’s eyes were “dark”. The witness couldn’t make out the exact color, but said they were definitely not blue. Possibly Holman/August, but I’m not sure. IIRC someone on here questioned how the witness could be sure the eyes weren’t blue but not know the color. HTH.

I also think that with the backlog in the forensics labs LE may not have ALL the DNA results back on the evidence, hence not being able to rule anyone in or out.

I look forward to reading all the insightful thought provoking comments on here. We all want justice for the girls. After 10 months of following this case we’re all a little frustrated. Please let’s keep this thread from being closed with all posters continuing to participate.

JMO.

Agree with your last paragraph 100%.

Regarding the witnesses, my best guess is BG was seen by multiple people that day, but only one female saw him well enough to contribute to the sketch.

I hadn't heard the "dark" eyes but that makes a lot of sense. Thanks for your efforts. They are appreciated.

moo

Thank you! We are all so frustrated w/ this case, but I choose not to belittle anyone who voices their opinion. The snarky attitude is way out of control.

From your link:
Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said the witness saw the man walking near Delphi, about 60 miles (100 kilometers) northwest of Indianapolis, but only recently met with an FBI sketch artist to provide facial details for the rendering released by State Police. Leazenby said he cannot discuss where the witness saw the unidentified man, who authorities consider the main suspect in the slayings of 14-year-old Liberty German and 13-year-old Abigail Williams. He said the witness saw the man around the time the girls were killed.

I muse RL was the eyewitness...and everything that happened to him, including the 11 hour search of his property, was a result of that. LE said he stopped cooperating at some point. He always seemed quite scared/nervous to me in interviews. Rightfully so, especially if he had face to face contact, replete with threats? Just musing....

If true, I don't know how the locals felt but if RL indeed was a witness and word had leaked out, considering he was so severely cyber-assassinated via social media, it would've automatically been screeched out that he was throwing somebody innocent under the bus. All that might not make for a good witness in front of a jury if this case ever goes to trial. The possibility he might've been one of the several witnesses is fascinating to contemplate, looking back.

Becky and Mike listened to two minutes of the audio from Libby’s phone. Anna also listened to it separately and at another time. The answers you are looking for came from transcripts from Becky of what was said on the audio including girl talk and that creepy guy and other things. It was on SM and I haven’t been able to find it. Or confirm if it is true. I believe it is IMO.

Proof or hogwash

I believe the mentioning of the man came after the girl talk. Do you think once he was on their radar they went back to talking about girl stuff?

It's difficult to know from what LE has stated.

BBM

"........Along with DNA evidence, police also have the suspect's voice. Police tell us Libby recorded the killer’s voice on her cell phone, telling the girls to go down the hill. Investigators say she hit record after he approached them near the Monon High Bridge.

Sgt. Holeman tells us investigators recovered more audio from Libby’s phone, which was found with the girls at the crime scene.

“It does not appear to be anything more than some discussion between the girls. We have only released a portion of it. There are some others we think could help us but again protecting the integrity of the investigation is key so we cannot release everything because there are certain people that know the details and if we release it all then we get into false confessions,” said Sgt. Holeman..."
https://www.indystar.com/story/news...recovered-slain-delphi-teens-phone/566691001/

Hi, Sleuthin’!

She actually referred to the area under the bridge as “bob”, not the people there. Allegedly “bob” stands for “bottom of bridge”.

I just checked the urban dictionary for “bob” and made it through a dozen or so pages that I can’t unsee, but could not find a reference to “bob” meaning “bottom of bridge”, so maybe it’s a local term.

I did find multiple definitions of “bob” meaning weed/pot. Maybe that ties in somehow...

"Bob" simply means "bottom of bridge", an acronym. No other meaning to it other than a shortening of the phrase bottom=B of=O bridge=B BOB. It is what we have always used to refer to the area under the bridge as, the same way you use ASAP to mean "as soon as possible" or OMG to mean "oh my God".

JMO...

JMO.

I am not sure that I would take too much notice of the 'not blue eyes'. I have two daughters with blue eyes, however, one of them has sky blue eyes and the other has almost navy blue eyes. I am pretty sure that most people seeing her, would not describe her as having blue eyes.

Agree with your last paragraph 100%.

Regarding the witnesses, my best guess is BG was seen by multiple people that day, but only one female saw him well enough to contribute to the sketch.

I hadn't heard the "dark" eyes but that makes a lot of sense. Thanks for your efforts. They are appreciated.

moo

Jax,

Last week was the first time I saw the “dark” eye comment, too. If I find it again it’ll get linked on the Facts list.

Jax,

Last week was the first time I saw the “dark” eye comment, too. If I find it again it’ll get linked on the Facts list.

Have you included the drop off point in your facts? I'm awful with maps but I do know it was identified on the Dr. Phil show (grandfather following path girls took).

"Bob" simply means "bottom of bridge", an acronym. No other meaning to it other than a shortening of the phrase bottom=B of=O bridge=B BOB. It is what we have always used to refer to the area under the bridge as, the same way you use ASAP to mean "as soon as possible" or OMG to mean "oh my God".

Hi, mtnlites!

Thanks! Yes, I understood what the OP meant by “bottom of bridge”. I never heard it before and went looking for verification. Is “BOB” universal or is it a regional acronym?

Right now...only 26 members and 18 guests. Wish the guests would join WS. We need all the help that we can get.
RIP Abby and Libby - justice is coming for you sweet girls.

Have you included the drop off point in your facts? I'm awful with maps but I do know it was identified on the Dr. Phil show (grandfather following path girls took).

Not yet. That’s on the list to find a link to. Not sure if I have that Dr. Phil segment bookmarked or not. I may not have time to watch the videos before Christmas, but will continue to gather links in the meantime.

Proof or hogwash

LE already said the family had listened to more of the audio. So that is true. Comments about what they heard are probably not in MSM so who knows. In my opinion its just more sadness for them --

LE is slowly assemblng more of the picture all the time.

What I learned today from this site per PepperyOne this morning there is there apparently a return to Indiana Packers to interview the 3rd shift (11pm to 8am more for less.)
Then I looked up the Indiana Packers and found out it is much larger than I thought, 2000 employees. MHB is a a beautiful community trail and in fact had regular traffic that day, but it is also a druggie hangout with a nearby employer that is willing to hire felons and RSO's.

It has been such a stressful and traumatic time for these families, and how brave they are, to go on national talk shows, answer questions to the local media so often, and arrange remembrances. As we enter the holiday season, I would like to take a moment to express gratitude, and sincere sorrow, for the the dear families of Abby and Libby.

Thanks to all of you who have been following the case so closely and supporting the public interest aspect of the case, which keeps the media going, and the picture and voice relevant in new stories. Also, I am impressed with the families for being supportive of the tough job law enforcement has in getting the case solved within a framework allowable by the courts. It’s an example to us all. ❤️

I am not sure that I would take too much notice of the 'not blue eyes'. I have two daughters with blue eyes, however, one of them has sky blue eyes and the other has almost navy blue eyes. I am pretty sure that most people seeing her, would not describe her as having blue eyes.

I agree - a glance is likely all anyone took in his direction. He doesn't look neighborly. If he had speed (drug) related dilated pupils, then it would be nearly impossible to see any iris color except if the iris was blue.

Hmmm. The video of the drive to the trail entrance is interesting indeed. One would not likely stumble upon such a place but would have to know that it exists, its location and which of the winding rural roads to use to get there. I suppose one could locate it on a phone GPS?

Chiming in late here but I can answer the 'phone GPS' question. Actually, I answered it many threads ago here.

Short version is: If you try to find Monon High Bridge via GPS or Google Maps, you get sent to the south side of the bridge via N625W, which deadends at a closed gate with 'no trespassing' and 'private property' signage. There is no public access to the bridge from that end.

Longer: To get to the red gate access point, you drive along W300N until you see the gate across from the Mears property. As the GH driving video shows, there's no parking there anymore.

TeaTime is very much correct in that you'd have to know about the location to find it. There's no indication of the bridge at that access point (you can't see it at all), although when you go through the gate, you'll see the signs for the 500+ steps down to the Mary Gerard Wildlife area and then another sign that points to the bridge.

If you're not familiar with the area, you'd really have no idea what the bridge is, how high it is, access, etc. From the north side entrance, you'd have no way to know that you could go 'down the hill' to the driveway when you got to the other side of the bridge. Or where you'd end up when you crossed the creek. And so on.

When we drove out to the bridge, it took us a number of attempts to find the red gate because we kept getting GPS'd over to the locked gate on the other side. We had two cell phones and a vehicle GPS and after the first few failed attempts, we were driving back and forth on the same roads, occasionally erupting into arguments out of frustration. We even drove back towards town and started over again at one point. I think we finally found it by locating the Mears property.

So it's definitely not a stumble-upon kind of place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties