IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #77

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's an old/recently solved murder case in Hendricks Co, IN where LE received a CODIS hit on a suspect in CA; and yet, they still had to take a DNA sample from him. He was found guilty of murder; sometimes justice is a long time coming. This is kind of OT but a good example for us to keep heart when patience grows short.

Here are the high points on all the steps IN LE took to bring the murderer to court:

More here:
https://www.indystar.com/story/news...e-hendricks-county-cold-case-murder/72331618/

In 2002, Natalie Horsley was murdered near Avon in Hendricks Co. Indiana. LE collected fluid samples and other items from the crime scene and sent them to the ISP Crime Lab for analysis.

The case went cold until 2015, when Hendricks County detectives received notice from Indy LE of a CODIS hit, possibly linking DNA collected at the scene to the DNA of the suspect, Amado Saludes, also known as Marco Galindo.

On May 6, 2015, Hendricks County investigators requested assistance from the Solano County (CA) Sheriff’s Office Investigations Bureau in locating the person of interest in Horsley’s slaying.

Meanwhile, Hendricks County Detective Lt. Scott Larsen, who was involved in the case in 2002 as a patrol officer, looked into the new lead and submitted the case to the Hendricks County prosecutor, Goings said.

On Sept. 8, Galindo was arrested on a traffic warrant. Solano County detectives contacted investigators in Hendricks County about the arrest and assisted in obtaining a DNA sample from Galindo.

Hendricks County detectives requested (Galindo) be interviewed by Solano County detectives,” Hollar said. “After several hours of talking to (Galindo), he admitted to being responsible for the homicide and provided details only the killer would have known.”

The next day, a warrant for Galindo’s arrest was issued in Hendricks County. Galindo will be transported to Indiana, where he will have an initial hearing in Hendricks Circuit Court.

Indiana LE said they have DN's DNA. Period.

Unless they are being called liars...

moo
We are wondering how they got it based on what DN has said.
I am also answering KK, jnr and Box who have queried if a subpoena or what method was used to get it -seeing as DN said he never saw them. Who's calling LE liars????

Here's an old/recently solved murder case in Hendricks Co, IN where LE received a CODIS hit on a suspect in CA; and yet, they still had to take a DNA sample from him. He was found guilty of murder; sometimes justice is a long time coming. This is kind of OT but a good example for us to keep heart when patience grows short.

Here are the high points on all the steps IN LE took to bring the murderer to court:

More here:
https://www.indystar.com/story/news...e-hendricks-county-cold-case-murder/72331618/

In 2002, Natalie Horsley was murdered near Avon in Hendricks Co. Indiana. LE collected fluid samples and other items from the crime scene and sent them to the ISP Crime Lab for analysis.

The case went cold until 2015, when Hendricks County detectives received notice from Indy LE of a CODIS hit, possibly linking DNA collected at the scene to the DNA of the suspect, Amado Saludes, also known as Marco Galindo.

On May 6, 2015, Hendricks County investigators requested assistance from the Solano County (CA) Sheriff’s Office Investigations Bureau in locating the person of interest in Horsley’s slaying.

Meanwhile, Hendricks County Detective Lt. Scott Larsen, who was involved in the case in 2002 as a patrol officer, looked into the new lead and submitted the case to the Hendricks County prosecutor, Goings said.

On Sept. 8, Galindo was arrested on a traffic warrant. Solano County detectives contacted investigators in Hendricks County about the arrest and assisted in obtaining a DNA sample from Galindo.

Hendricks County detectives requested (Galindo) be interviewed by Solano County detectives,” Hollar said. “After several hours of talking to (Galindo), he admitted to being responsible for the homicide and provided details only the killer would have known.”

The next day, a warrant for Galindo’s arrest was issued in Hendricks County. Galindo will be transported to Indiana, where he will have an initial hearing in Hendricks Circuit Court.
And that was with the Codis hit and a confession - wow.

Hi all! New member as of today. I have viewed as a guest for off and on throughout the Delphi case. I hope one day to see an arrest when I turn on the news! I’m confident LE is doing all they can to get this case solved. I can’t begin to imagine the mountain of evidence and forensic testing LE is sorting through to find this suspect.

I am with you on RL and i am still shocked how he was allowed to be torn apart with absolutely no proof.

Not for nothing, and I can tell you're passionate about this, but...are you shocked, too, about how Daniel Nations and his wife are being torn apart with absolutely no proof? There was much to discuss at the time vis-a-vis RL, and, frankly, there are still many outstanding questions regarding his possible (and most likely unintentional/unwitting) involvement. If your memory serves, you will recall he did not tell the truth to LE after the murders. So, for me, I take no umbrage when his name is brought up and don't particularly care to be silenced if I choose to reference him, past interviews, searches, etc. when discussing this case.

Regarding snarky posts^^

What one perceives as snark should be reported to the mods as per TOS.

Why not let them decide? They have repeatedly said that they don't sit on the threads 24/7 and rely on members to alert them if there is a problem.

Some people are easily offended and what one thinks is snark may not be at all.

Just sayin...

:goodpost:

Not for nothing, and I can tell you're passionate about this, but...are you shocked, too, about how Daniel Nations and his wife are being torn apart with absolutely no proof? There was much to discuss at the time vis-a-vis RL, and, frankly, there are still many outstanding questions regarding his possible (and most likely unintentional/unwitting) involvement. If your memory serves, you will recall he did not tell the truth to LE after the murders. So, for me, I take no umbrage when his name is brought up and don't particularly care to be silenced if I choose to reference him, past interviews, searches, etc. when discussing this case.

It was for nothing as he wasn’t guilty so by subjecting and putting him over the coals didn’t solve the case as he was innocent.

The same way it’s now DN’s turn, he hasn’t been charged and he was arrested in September and yet his wife, children and him are torn apart when there is absolutely no proof he is guilty.

I personally find it distasteful and can completely understand why people have stopped posting on this thread and the only reason I do is because I think it’s wrong that DN can be ripped apart when
posters have absolutely no evidence he is the one who committed this crime. Last week the family and LE was on Dr Phil and it certainly didn’t give the impression that they was going to be charging anybody anytime soon.

bbm

Unbelievable (to me, at least) there are still people blaming RL or the grandfather or the sheriff or the policeman, etc., etc., etc.

smh

moo

I think some people aren't able to differentiate between a real life horrible crime and a TV reality show. I greatly admire both LE and the families for keeping this case in the limelight in an effort to seek justice, but at times it must be really discouraging to see the blame and accusations thrown back at them.

It was for nothing as he wasn’t guilty so by subjecting and putting him over the coals didn’t solve the case as he was innocent.

The same way it’s now DN’s turn, he hasn’t been charged and he was arrested in September and yet his wife, children and him are torn apart when there is absolutely no proof he is guilty.

I personally find it distasteful and can completely understand why people have stopped posting on this thread and the only reason I do is because I think it’s wrong that DN can be ripped apart when
posters have absolutely no evidence he is the one who committed this crime. Last week the family and LE was on Dr Phil and it certainly didn’t give the impression that they was going to be charging anybody anytime soon.

Thanks for the reply, and agree with you about D and K. However, disagree about RL because the raking over the coals, as you put it, was (and I'm assuming here) not to determine if he committed the murders but, rather, what role he/his property played in the crime. Now, I'm not speaking about the legions of folks on social media who ran around saying he did it. I'm talking about MSM and LE and those of us who did look at him critically as a possible eyewitness, etc. That's all. But I am happy to drop the topic like a hot potato. I just wanted to say what I said. Thanks!

It's my understanding IN will start 1/1/18 taking DNA on felony arrest. ATM it is only on felony conviction. DN has no felony conviction in IN only the SC conviction. His DNA maybe in CODIS from that SC conviction depending when exactly the date of the offence was IMO. The Columbus IN exposure offence is one that he ran away from so he has escaped conviction on that so far. Is exposure a felony? Sorry more questions than answers.

The answer as to whether or not LE has DN's DNA is found below. Note Sept 29th was prior to two ISP investigators travelling to Colorado. As they didn't state how it was obtained, no one can answer your question.

Sent 29, 2017

"...He (Sgt Riley) said police also have obtained samples of Nations' DNA, which has become a common procedure over the course of the seven-month-long investigation.."
http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...swers-soon-delphi-double-homicides/713451001/

We are wondering how they got it based on what DN has said.
I am also answering KK, jnr and Box who have queried if a subpoena or what method was used to get it -seeing as DN said he never saw them. Who's calling LE liars????

If it matters so greatly, maybe somebody could contact ISP and ask?

Repeat after me: "I will stay on the topic because if I don't a TO will be issued. I will stay on topic to make sure the mods and the owner of Websleuths don't have to do extra work."

Thank you,
Tricia

This thread will be closing shortly and a new thread will open.

Standby.

Now the Mears property trail parking is closed aand the private road gate is closed and padlocked, where do people park and access these trails from now?

If you turn on to Old State Road 25 from E Main St, there is a parking area just before the newish pedestrian steel bridge that crosses Highway 25. At the bridge, there's a bridge dedication and some animal statues. If you continue on the trail, you'll soon find yourself on the trail behind W300N and you'll see the red gate on your left (you are very close to the road on this section of the trail) and then the signage for the Mary Gerard steps and the high bridge.

You can see this on Google Maps if you look for the intersection of E Main and Old State Road 25, then go north to what looks like a dirt parking lot just east of the steel bridge that crosses the highway.

FWIW, Old State Road 25 turns into W300N which is the road with the Mears property and the red gate.

Repeat after me: "I will stay on the topic because if I don't a TO will be issued. I will stay on topic to make sure the mods and the owner of Websleuths don't have to do extra work."

Thank you,
Tricia

Thanks Tricia.

If people only knew how many comments I write but never post, lol. I'll try to do better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties