DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. He fits the height and description.
2. Uncanny resemblance to sketch
3. Similar voice (Southern)
4. Is the only named POI
5. No apparent alibi for 13th Feb
6. History of DV and sex offences against women and children.
7. History of hatchet threatening and possession of a weapon by a felon.
8. History of driving and drug offences.
9. Anger issues (PTSD)
10. Has not been excluded by LE
11. Travels to commit offences
12. Failed to register and absconded to another state, hiding his identity and failing to register in a new state.

Hope thats enough. I can probably think of more.
:cow:

violent assault, spousal abuse, MENACING Children and adults on park trails!! :0)

I didn't see a resemblance to the sketch from the widely-distributed full-beard mugshot, but the resemblance is compelling in other photos.To your list I would add:13. He went missing the day after the sketch of BG was released.
http://www.wibc.com/blogs/hammer-and-nigel-show/updatedaniel-nations-went-missing-day-after-sketch
To argue against DN's involvement, LE (so far as we know) has not been able to place him in Delphi on February 13th, it's not clear how he would have gotten there, and DN's wife doesn't think the images of BG walking resemble DN. (You could argue that if DN had a hatchet or rape kit stuffed in his jacket, his posture while walking could have been affected.)http://fox59.com/2017/10/11/wife-of...ays-daniel-nations-watched-news-coverage/amp/I think DN is the best suspect, but if he is BG, LE still has a few more dots to connect.

I thought KN said the pictures did look like DN, but he didn't have a jacket like that.

I am really stunned about the trial in CO and I am concerned about him being let out.

I don't think it will be long at all before he wears out all his colorado welcomes..meaning that he will get counseling, care, benefits, group therapy, lodging, no doubt, welfare..bleeding heart donations etc..but he will wear all these people and Tax payer funded programs out and begin to lose them one by one , because he has ZERO interest and ZERO real empathy for his victims.

He will start getting high again, missing check ins ,exposing himself and losing his temper and then he will run away...and god knows what all.

then he will leave the state and we will all have to pay in the end. It's very sad. MOO

Dec 13th
"....We've not really completely ruled out anybody," said Riley. "We're still looking at everybody that we've already talked to. We're going back and talking to them again. So is Daniel Nations our big top number, no. He's just another one in the field that we're still looking at.".....
http://www.wlfi.com/content/news/463888223.html

This is one of the most recent comments by LE. It just doesn't seem to me we are doing any justice to this case when we pick and chose which statements are believed and which are ignored, to support any one personal theory or just to be right.

If LE was not able to obtain DNA that they are certain belonged to the killer, while they say this case hasn't gone cold, 11 months later there's still a long road ahead imo.

Because the vast majority of the people who LE has already spoken likely have a known connection to the area in some way. Having discarded a cigarette butt or spit near the bridge doesn't prove they were there only on Feb 13th, if their cellphone pinged from a Delphi tower doesn't prove they where anywhere near the bridge on that day.

Dec 13th
"....We've not really completely ruled out anybody," said Riley. "We're still looking at everybody that we've already talked to. We're going back and talking to them again. So is Daniel Nations our big top number, no. He's just another one in the field that we're still looking at.".....
http://www.wlfi.com/content/news/463888223.html

This is one of the most recent comments by LE. It just doesn't seem to me we are doing any justice to this case when we pick and chose which statements are believed and which are ignored, to support any one personal theory or just to be right.

If LE was not able to obtain DNA that they are certain belonged to the killer, while they say this case hasn't gone cold, 11 months later there's still a long road ahead imo.

Because the vast majority of the people who LE has already spoken likely have a known connection to the area in some way. Having discarded a cigarette butt or spit near the bridge doesn't prove they were there only on Feb 13th, if their cellphone pinged from a Delphi tower doesn't prove they where anywhere near the bridge on that day.
A poster asked for our opinions as of now so we have given them. Discussing the case is the purpose of the thread. If DN or KN's phone pinged on a Delphi tower on the 13th it would require an explanation and would be a major piece of evidence IMO.

".....It's the nightmare that gnaws at parents everywhere. A 13-year-old Burnaby girl reported missing at 11:30 p.m. on Tuesday was found dead less than two hours later...."
http://vancouversun.com/news/local-...aunched-in-burnaby-following-death-of-girl-13

There has been plenty of prior discussion of the word "nightmare" used by reporters in the discovery of the murder of Libby and Abby. Rightfully so, that something so dreadful would ever occur is every parents or grandparents worst nightmare.

A poster asked for our opinions as of now so we have given them. Discussing the case is the purpose of the thread. If DN or KN's phone pinged on a Delphi tower on the 13th it would require an explanation and would be a major piece of evidence IMO.

Thank you. The purpose of my post was to share LE's statement as a reminder about how wide their investigation is.

One last request. <modsnip> the names of all the POIs discussed other than DN.
Thanks so much. Sorry for jumping in annoying late. Catching up is a full time job!

Anyone willing to help me by giving a brief 1, 2, 3 example list of why you believe he is or isn't the right guy?

Why does it matter what anyone here believes? LE has remained very tight-lipped from the onset, with so few facts known beliefs are based purely on speculation. What matters is LE solves the case and the person responsible is successfully prosecuted regardless of who it is.

This is a discussion thread.

One last request. <modsnip> the names of all the POIs discussed other than DN.
Thanks so much. Sorry for jumping in annoying late. Catching up is a full time job!
No problem - RL was the only other POI allowed to be discussed and mods have stated he is cleared now. He was a POI about 16 threads and 8 months ago iIRC. He is the owner of the 40 acre property on the edge of which the girls were found murdered. He is currently serving a 3 year sentence for violating his probation. By coincidence, he has a modification to his sentence due to be heard next week, the same day DN's lawyer is appearing in court for his Clear Creek hearing, which will be the last of his current charges to be heard. Any personal POI's cannot be discussed on the thread without mod specific permission. ( I'm sure you probably know all this but, it is also against the rules to ask anyone to pm you)
HTH.

This is a discussion thread.

Yes it is, I was curious why the poster was interested in what others here believe on that topic. The only fact we know for sure is we've been given very few facts in order to base any beliefs and that LE continues to ask for anybody who thinks they recognize BG, to forward the information on to them. However I can understand why someone reading this thread for the first time might presume DN is the sole suspect in the murder of Libby and Abby.

".......Riley said by phone. "Please keep in mind the Indiana State Police has received more than a thousand photos of persons alleged to be similar in appearance to the composite sketch of the Delphi person of interest. Each and every one of those tips are investigated for any potential connection to our case........I'm going under the basic theory of everyone we talk to is a person of interest. We are interested in seeing what they were up to on Feb. 13."

http://www.pharostribune.com/news/local_news/article_2ec4dd46-65ec-5c7c-b598-eab9c13d6025.html

1. He fits the height and description.

So do 50 million other men and almost every man in Delphi.

2. Uncanny resemblance to sketch

Again, there are many who look 'just like' the sketch. I've seen them on tv at press conferences and in video reports from the town.

3. Similar voice (Southern)

I don't hear "southern" in BG's voice - at all. I am from the deep south and his accent is not like any I have heard.

4. Is the only named POI

And, only because his arrest in CO was leaked to the press and LE had to go talk to him. There are many other POIs but their names have not been released.

5. No apparent alibi for 13th Feb

Homeless people who live under a bridge can rarely scrounge up alibi witnesses. Fact.

6. History of DV and sex offences against women and children.

This does not a make him a serial murderer and those 'sex offenses' were that he exposed himself in public - a charge one can get by urinating in public.

7. History of hatchet threatening and possession of a weapon by a felon.

And? I wonder how many felons in IN are in possession of firearms right now.

8. History of driving and drug offences.

And?

9. Anger issues (PTSD)

May explain the DV and drug use.

10. Has not been excluded by LE

No one has been excluded.

11. Travels to commit offences

90 miles? He has a history of traveling 90 miles without a car to commit offenses?

12. Failed to register and absconded to another state, hiding his identity and failing to register in a new state.

Yep. And? He went to CO to be present at the trial of his brother's murderer and remained there, unemployed and homeless. He was likely to violate parole conditions - he had no support system in place.

Hope thats enough. I can probably think of more.

I am sure you can, but none of these indicate much to me. Find a connection between him and Delphi on 2/13 and I will be interested. Until then, he is just another victim of social media justice.

JMHO

".......Riley said by phone. "Please keep in mind the Indiana State Police has received more than a thousand photos of persons alleged to be similar in appearance to the composite sketch of the Delphi person of interest. Each and every one of those tips are investigated for any potential connection to our case........I'm going under the basic theory of everyone we talk to is a person of interest. We are interested in seeing what they were up to on Feb. 13."

http://www.pharostribune.com/news/local_news/article_2ec4dd46-65ec-5c7c-b598-eab9c13d6025.html
It's nearly been a year. It's time they should have that pared down now to single figures IMO.

Yes it is, I was curious why the poster was interested in what others here believe on that topic. The only fact we know for sure is we've been given very few facts in order to base any beliefs and that LE continues to ask for anybody who thinks they recognize BG, to forward the information on to them. However I can understand why someone reading this thread for the first time might presume DN is the sole suspect in the murder of Libby and Abby.

Because it would save me weeks and weeks of reading.
And like I said, I value the smart people on here and their amazing amateur detective minds.
I haven't followed the case too closely because when it comes to children it is painstakingly difficult to take emotion out of sleuthing. Believe me I understand a late comer to a thread is an eye roll. But I appreciate those willing to indulge in a few questions.
and oops! I did not realize you can't ask to be PMd. But I would be curious to know any other POIs. reporter? anyone else? Again thanks for anyone with the patience to help me out.

Asking again: anyone know where Libby's parents are and why she lives with her grandparents?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am sure you can, but none of these indicate much to me. Find a connection between him and Delphi on 2/13 and I will be interested. Until then, he is just another victim of social media justice.

JMHO
I provided them for heart who asked. I don't accept any excuses for DN's behaviour over the last ten years. I provided possible reasons for a Delphi connection in a previous post. Now LE and the courts need to do their jobs. One thing LE could do is check with his RSO office, who he reported working for in February, when he was checking in so regularly. They are required to provide that information I believe. Or LE could ask the guy who mentioned DN was working for a Zionsville company. LE obviously have not been able to speak with DN because of the order recently lifted.

Asking again: anyone know where Libby's parents are and why she lives with her grandparents?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We don't know and we are not allowed to sleuth family to find out. That's probably why no one can answer. Sorry.

As per RL: there is nothing, IMO, unusual or suspicious about his filing for a modification of sentence. On April 13, the court stated: "[FONT=&amp] Upon the filing of a petition the Court may consider a modification of sentence to Community Corrections."

[/FONT]
He apparently has been doing well enough that his attorney thought it was a good time to file for a progress report, which he did on Sept 26, they received the report, the motion for modification was filed and a court date has been set for Tuesday.

I don't know how it is in other states, but the Indiana courts I'm familiar with hear some types of cases on Tues and Thus and other types of cases on Fridays. MOO it's business as usual and has no tie, whatsoever, to DN's court stuff.

Because it would save me weeks and weeks of reading.
And like I said, I value the smart people on here and their amazing amateur detective minds.
I haven't followed the case too closely because when it comes to children it is painstakingly difficult to take emotion out of sleuthing. Believe me I understand a late comer to a thread is an eye roll. But I appreciate those willing to indulge in a few questions.
and oops! I did not realize you can't ask to be PMd. But I would be curious to know any other POIs. reporter? anyone else? Again thanks for anyone with the patience to help me out.
Noone expects you to go thru 79 threads. Where someone can answer or link for you we will. :smile:
Give us feedback - what did you think of my list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n.zajk0wska