IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #79

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes they have had it since his felony conviction for DV IMO.

Good, we agree they have it. The discussion last night started with someone claiming they still do NOT have DN's DNA.

ETA: The way I read the report, per Riley they "got" it during the trip to Colorado. All I care about is they have had it to compare to whatever was recovered from the crime scene.

moo

I agree and I also think that LE had gotten the warrants way back then. It takes time for cell providers to respond to warrants for tower dumps and also for the software that matches cell numbers to specific times and locations. After they find matches to time, etc, they need a separate affidavit and then a warrant for each of the numbers and providers that they need personal information for. It's a slow process IMO.
I know that LE can request emergency pings for a known cell number regarding a person missing or in danger if the request is from family but I think it must be from the person who pays the account. My wife did it for me (I was fishing and changed locations, LOL She couldn't reach me. Oh well.)

This is old but it gives an idea what can be recovered frrom cell numbers and when.
https://www.aclu.org/cell-phone-loc...ponse-cell-phone-company-data-retention-chart
Whoa - Tmobile cell tower info only retained for 4-6 months. Anyone know who owns the Delphi cell towers?

<modsnip> yes he is in Clear Creek Jail, Co - details on TW thread.

Thanks Shire! I should have checked the TW thread since that is in CO. Been busy with a very local murder so I've neglected these two for the last few days. But, I'm back!

Good, we agree they have it. The discussion last night started with someone claiming they still do NOT have DN's DNA.

Just to clarify, I have only ever doubted that they talked to DN/got a cheek swab when they were in Co, based on his letter to MS about his attorney not telling him LE were there. The recent info about the cancelling of a judges order preventing DN talking to LE without his attorney present has sort of confirmed that to me now. I do think it likely they will have his DNA via another means - be it from the IN DV felony or the more recent Co felony conviction.

Only 69 miles from Delphi. I wonder if this is where they watched TV coverage of the murders? (TV and refrigerator in every room)

I agree they may not have DNA from the Co trip due to the judge's order but they should already have it from the DV felony I believe. However, I don't think they have identifiable DNA from the CS for a match. Phone data will be important though.

:cow:

ETA: The way I read the report, per Riley they "got" it during the trip to Colorado. All I care about is they have had it to compare to whatever was recovered from the crime scene.

moo

I had already answered last night's query but bumping again.

I had already answered last night's query but bumping again.

Thanks, but this is the post I was referring to. Unless we're calling LE liars it is not accurate. BBM

cache.php
Originally Posted by cathdawg Well, Folks, I do not think IN LE has DN's DNA, yet!
His SO charges in IN were unfortunately classified as misdemeanours, therefore LE did not collect his DNA. Recently IN changed the law to include misdemeanours effective Jan 1/2018. The only Felony charged was in Johnson County IN, thus the warrant. It is a Felony 6 charge, so they can extradite DN if they feel it is warranted. Also, please keep in mind that his Public Defender denied IN LE to interview DN. This judgement was recently lifted by the last Judge at DN's recent hearing.

I will find the links

Thanks, but this is the post I was referring to. Unless we're calling LE liars it is not accurate. BBM
I answered Cath and showed my answer above. Who is calling LE liars? I don't follow you.

I answered Cath and showed my answer above. Who is calling LE liars? I don't follow you.

Seems simple enough - LE says they have DN's DNA - Cath says they
don't.

I do not think IN LE has DN's DNA

Cath may not have meant LE was lying, but that is the implication. moo, of course

The judge&#8217;s order that was lifted did not prevent LE from talking with DN. It only prevented them from talking with DN without his attorney present. Sounds to me like the judge was protecting DN, not the brightest bulb, from being taken advantage of. In addition, IN detectives, upon returning from CO, reported that they&#8217;d talked to the everyone they needed to talk to. Everyone.

Seems simple enough - LE says they have DN's DNA - Cath says they
don't.

Cath may not have meant LE was lying, but that is the implication. moo, of course

I took it to mean she was talking about IN not having it from the Co trip based on what followed in her post. I think she forgot about the DV felony.
Who do we believe? LE or a convicted felon, a judge and a defence attorney? That's what juries have to decide every day. That does not mean or imply LE have lied. It's making a decision or having an opinion, based on what has been stated, that's all.

The judge’s order that was lifted did not prevent LE from talking with DN. It only prevented them from talking with DN without his attorney present. Sounds to me like the judge was protecting DN, not the brightest bulb, from being taken advantage of.
DN's letter says his attorney didn't tell him IN LE were there to speak to him, or he would have given his DNA to them. (Letter is in the media thread)
Who do we believe? LE or DN?

I took it to mean she was talking about IN not having it from the Co trip based on what followed in her post. I think she forgot about the DV felony.
Who do we believe? LE or a convicted felon, a judge and a defence attorney? That's what juries have to decide every day. That does not mean or imply LE have lied. It's making a decision or having an opinion, based on what has been stated, that's all.

Time to agree to disagree. moo

LE have said they have taken DNA from everyone they have talked to. I know that is not correct because some refused to give it. MS refused to give it voluntarily for instance, and told LE to go to a judge if they wanted it. LE cannot just take DNA from anybody without justification.

All JMHO of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member