IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #79

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone hear the audio of "down the hill" played on Megyn Kelly?
I didn't. Did I just miss it somehow or was it inexplicably not included in the segment?

It was played in the beginning of the segment while giving the background of the story.

For those who couldn't watch, this is a brief transcript from MK show this morning, a portion of her conversation with ISP Superintendent Doug Carter:

MK: "Have there been any other similar crimes Doug, any other similar MOs in the area?
DC: Well we believe that a person that would commit a crime like this, with such incredibly evil intent, likely has committed that crime before, and with that known, he likely will commit it again. And the image that we have, to America, is please, disregard the face, but look at the body, because anybody could identify a family member by looking at the body. (Image of BG on screen)
MK: Can you tell the age of this man?
DC: We can't.
MK: You don't know. And not even a range?
DC: I think a range would be speculative at this point in time. Obviously a grown man.
MK: Were there any eyewitnesses who actually saw him?
DC: No there were not.
(MK returns to talking with Abby's mom.)

Thank you, I think. I've now even more confused than usual. Sketch based on a female witness, multiple witnesses and now "NO witness"? Wish they'd make up their minds.

moo

I just finished watching the show about Libby and Abby..here are some new things for me..

1. Libby took a sweatshirt to wear in case she needed it
2. No eyewitnesses that saw BG-I thought that there were eyewitnesses..
3. Search has extended to SE Tennessee
4. Reward and amount talked about

Also (at the 6:54 mark):

Megyn Kelly: "
The girls were murdered within 4 hours of being dropped off at the park, right?"

https://www.today.com/video/families-of-murdered-indiana-teens-open-up-about-still-unsolved-case-1137315395635

IMHO it would be great if someone with good graphics skills could take the suspect sketch and place the face on the bridge photo so the face would appear visible.

Hi, Boxer,
I don’t think it could be posted here because of TOS.

Thank you, I think. I've now even more confused than usual. Sketch based on a female witness, multiple witnesses and now "NO witness"? Wish they'd make up their minds.

moo

This doesn't make sense. There was a woman walking her dog who saw him and was later sorry she hadn't warned the girls about him. Remember that?

Also:

Megyn Kelly: "
The girls were murdered within 4 hours of being dropped off at the park, right?"

https://www.today.com/video/families-of-murdered-indiana-teens-open-up-about-still-unsolved-case-1137315395635

Yes, that threw me off as well. First we've remotely heard reference to a TOD, and no one confirmed or denied it (only family on stage at that point, I saw no reaction, no one nodded affirmative nor shook their head negative). However they didn't have a lot of time to react, MK went straight into asking how long after that was it they were told.

moo

JMO that a witness is most often someone who witnessed a crime occurring.

We don't have a suitable word to describe someone who later observed who police believe to be the suspect but in the true sense, they were not an eyewitness to the crime.

moo

Hi, Jax!
I wonder if they’re saying that to protect any witnesses since BG may have gotten just as good a look at them as they did him.
JMO.

Hi, Jax!
I wonder if they’re saying that to protect any witnesses since BG may have gotten just as good a look at them as they did him.
JMO.

Unless LE retract their earlier statement, the cat's already out of bag. But to declare there were witnesses to the murder is not true. I think that's the context of "no witnesses".

Hi, Jax!
JMO.

I always thought they were trying to protect a single female witness when LE several times said "she" and quickly changed it to "the witness". And in another PC they said the sketch was based on multiple witnesses. So it would be too late to protect.

I'm leaning toward suggestion by multiple posters that he only meant there was no witness to the actual crime. moo

Anyone finding an update on southeastern Tennessee activity?

"BLEDSOE COUNTY, Tenn. –The Bledsoe County Sheriff’s Department has clarified a Facebook post about the search for the murderer of two Delphi teens. The sheriff released the following statement on their Facebook page at 11:51 p.m. on Sunday: “FBI has extended the search Into south eastern Tennessee counties including Bledsoe.” However, that statement was deleted around 10 a.m. and replaced with the following Facebook post:
To Clarify this suspect HAS NOT BEEN SEEN IN BLEDSOE COUNTY or any other counties in Tn. It is a nationwide search....."
http://fox59.com/2018/01/15/tenness...i-teens-murderer-into-southeastern-tennessee/

I've always been of the opinion everything happens for a reason.

What are the odds the Delphi investigation is featured on NBC Morning Show the same time the Sheriff's Dept of Bledsoe County, Tenn writes a FB post and later changes the context.

LE have been known to use tactics to rustle feathers, to provoke, to unsettle, similar to a game of sly cat and mouse. I can't help but wonder if that is the strategy and the perp who they're following a lead on has a known connection to Bledsoe County. Specifically someone who LE thinks will have read the earlier FB post?

ETA: correction - FB post, not twitter.

I'm wondering now if the Facebook post was made by an overly eager Sheriff in TN after a tip was called in. It could've been a legit tip or not (there are a lot of crackpots out there). Given IN LE requested CO LE not to discuss things, maybe FBI and/or IN LE wanted to shush TN LE as well so he retracted it.

https://www.theindychannel.com/news...i-search-into-southeastern-tennessee-counties

"Neither the FBI nor Indiana State Police would comment about the search area.

Call 6 Investigates has learned that investigators in the Delphi case followed up on a tip and made contact with a sheriff's department in Tennessee. Investigators have followed up on many tips across the country during the course of the investigation."

In looking at the Tennessee RSO site, I did find one person in particular who resembles BG and fits the general description. Plus he's in Bledsoe County.

I think grey Hughes noted the place the witness saw BG in the video where Becky was driving to show the route taken to pick the girls up. Not sure we are allowed to post it since its a YouTube video. I can't get anything to post. Keeps telling me its blocking me to protect my device. :-(
GH video channel is in post 1 so presumably we can view that there.
After my rant yesterday now we have more info and it's conflicting. Several witnesses and departments helped with the sketch IIRC.
Boxer's suggestion seems the best. Resize the head sketch and stick it on BG. However, how do we know sketch guy was even BG in the first place?

GH video channel is in post 1 so presumably we can view that there.
After my rant yesterday now we have more info and it's conflicting. Several witnesses and departments helped with the sketch IIRC.
Boxer's suggestion seems the best. Resize the head sketch and stick it on BG. However, how do we know sketch guy was even BG in the first place?

We don't know for sure that sketch guy is the perp but if he isn't one would think he would have approached LE by now to prove his innocence through DNA and other things.

"As part of the families’ efforts to develop investigative leads, information has been shared with numerous police agencies across the nation," Indiana State Police said in a written statement later on Monday. "One agency in Tennessee shared the information on their Facebook Site and added verbiage that stated 'FBI has extended the search into south eastern Tennessee counties including Bledsoe.' In fact, this is a NATION WIDE search for the person or persons wanted for the murders of Abby and Libby....The timing of the original Bledsoe County Sheriff’s Department Facebook post and the live airing on the Megyn Kelly TODAY show resulted in misinformation being shared on the show and the purpose of this release is to correct the inadvertent misinformation."

https://www.wthr.com/article/tennessee-sheriff-clarifies-delphi-suspect-has-not-been-seen-there

I thought the MK segment was great -
The ‘no witnesses’ looked to me to be a misspeaking -that Sgt Carter was meaning to say ‘no witnesses to the crime.’The ‘look at the body’ I think that he could not see that both the sketch and the bridge photo were on the screen - his comment makes sense if looking only at BG on the bridge.
MK directly asked the people of SE Tennessee to be on the lookout out for BG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member