IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #79

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s basically documents given to each party ( prosecution and defense) that they have to comply with certain court orders and sharing certain information about the case such as information on witnesses, and evidence to be used at trial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that the definition of Notice of Discovery? The reference to "Notice of Discovery Compliance" involves a sexual offender and failure to register. A warrant has been authorized to be issued but it's not at the point where a trial has occurred.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=128669&d=1515697463

I am sure there was another incident much closer to Feb 2016, that same winter, classified either as burglary or breaking and entering but it was in his home instead of the barn. But I have searched and can't find it so maybe I'm dreaming.

I don't remember that. However I do recall another indecent, RL calling in about a woman on the road or near the cemetery requiring assistance but I don't recall the date. Maybe you know what I'm thinking about? Or maybe I'm dreaming too!

A Motion to Compel Discovery is filed when the party to whom requests were sent has not responded in a timely fashion. i.e., they missed the statutory time for the requested information to be turned over or the requesting party is of the opinion that the information submitted is incomplete. It is set for a hearing so the parties can argue the merits of the motion and opposition. If the discovery is sent before the hearing, the court is notified and the motion is dismissed.

The request for dismissal is usually done over the phone to the Judge's clerk but this court system may require a formal notice, by way of a pleading, that discovery is satisfied. I have never heard of a Notice of Discovery Compliance but perhaps this is the formal notification that discovery is satisfied. That's my bet. Someone else may practice in CO and have a better answer.

I am sure there was another incident much closer to Feb 2016, that same winter, classified either as burglary or breaking and entering but it was in his home instead of the barn. But I have searched and can't find it so maybe I'm dreaming.

March 31-2014, 11:53 a.m. - Burglary, 5858W. 300N., Delphi. Ron Logan reported forced entry into his residence and property taken. Maj. Tobe Leazenby investigated.
http://www.carrollcountycomet.com/news/2014-04-09/Local_News/Police_Calls.html

April 26-2014, 9:49 p.m. - Burglary, 5858W. 300N., Delphi. Ron Logan reported finding a person in his barn who was not authorized to be there. The unidentified person fled the barn prior to police arrival. The suspect was not located. Liggett investigated.
http://www.carrollcountycomet.com/news/2014-05-21/Local_News/Police_Calls.html

There was also the call from that address but, IIRC, no one was there when the police arrived. It seems like they considered it false reporting but I don't have the link for that one.

Why two break ins? What was in the barn of value?
As I always say, nobody gets caught the first time.
So two reports but could have happened several times unnoticed.

Someone who knows the crime scene area maybe can answer this...could BG have been coming from RL land/barn and by chance spotted the girls?
Yes it's been a few years but someone coming back to steal again?
I apologize if this has been discussed. If so, just let me know : )

scary as hell

MOO...way out there in the country..scares the crap out of me, the weirdness that can just appear out of the darkness.>..or in this case , 3 in the afternoon.

Hope we get this killer, hope it's DN and we have him and we convict him.. MOO

A Motion to Compel Discovery is filed when the party to whom requests were sent has not responded in a timely fashion. i.e., they missed the statutory time for the requested information to be turned over or the requesting party is of the opinion that the information submitted is incomplete. It is set for a hearing so the parties can argue the merits of the motion and opposition. If the discovery is sent before the hearing, the court is notified and the motion is dismissed.

The request for dismissal is usually done over the phone to the Judge's clerk but this court system may require a formal notice, by way of a pleading, that discovery is satisfied. I have never heard of a Notice of Discovery Compliance but perhaps this is the formal notification that discovery is satisfied. That's my bet. Someone else may practice in CO and have a better answer.

But I thought this was about the Indiana felony charge?
"12/13/2017
Notice Filed
Notice of Discovery Compliance
Filed By:
State of Indiana
File Stamp:
12/13/2017
https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase...XWTVNak13T0RFeU1URXdPall4TVRNME5qZ3lNRFE9In19

maybe I am lost again, LOL

March 31-2014, 11:53 a.m. - Burglary, 5858W. 300N., Delphi. Ron Logan reported forced entry into his residence and property taken. Maj. Tobe Leazenby investigated.
http://www.carrollcountycomet.com/news/2014-04-09/Local_News/Police_Calls.html

April 26-2014, 9:49 p.m. - Burglary, 5858W. 300N., Delphi. Ron Logan reported finding a person in his barn who was not authorized to be there. The unidentified person fled the barn prior to police arrival. The suspect was not located. Liggett investigated.
http://www.carrollcountycomet.com/news/2014-05-21/Local_News/Police_Calls.html

There was also the call from that address but, IIRC, no one was there when the police arrived. It seems like they considered it false reporting but I don't have the link for that one.

Those were gun robberies IIRC.
I also remember the other report of a person living in or otherwise being in an out-building that Ron L. Called the police for closer to 2/13/2017.

The report of a woman screaming for police was in 2010 - really hard for me to find. The woman was gone when the sheriff got there.

The police blotter didn’t specify who called in— so is there another news source for incident?
It was at 11:30am —so midday.
I have thought that LE should bring cadaver dogs to the whole Deer Creek Area. (Like the civil war cadaver dogs.) If was them I would be suspicious there could be more bodies out there.

<modsnip>

Personally I'm content to see the thread continue to be active, it means people are talking and thinking about the girls. It's a really sad and empty feeling to check in here and see no activity (it was like that before the thread was closed last Spring due to nothing new). I imagine the holidays were very rough on these families, and hopefully there is an arrest before the one year anniversary.

Personally I'm content to see the thread continue to be active, it means people are talking and thinking about the girls. It's a really sad and empty feeling to check in here and see no activity (it was like that before the thread was closed last Spring due to nothing new). I imagine the holidays were very rough on these families, and hopefully there is an arrest before the one year anniversary.

Yes - I think the bummer is that they haven’t got anyone in custody for the crime — BG is somewhere - with his face - and stance - passing himself off as a normal person.

Yes - I think the bummer is that they haven&#8217;t got anyone in custody for the crime &#8212; BG is somewhere - with his face - and stance - passing himself off as a normal person.

I keep wondering how he reacted when his voice, picture and then the sketch were released. Did he freak out and swear to himself he'd never do it again? Or did it just increase the thrill? My fear is he's planning another murder.

moo

maybe he freaked the hell out and split town when the sketch was released. IMO

I thought the detectives who went to the hotel in July were told by the manager he checked out on the 12th May. I'll have to check the May 29th date - I don't remember that. He missed a Court date on 18 July I know because that was why they went to the motel on that day.
I figured that LE went to the Intown Suites July 18 because the sketch was,released July 17 ......and IMO several tips about DN resembling the sketch could have prompted the visit just for LE to see his face in the flesh. MOO

I figured that LE went to the Intown Suites July 18 because the sketch was,released July 17 ......and IMO several tips about DN resembling the sketch could have prompted the visit just for LE to see his face in the flesh. MOO

Nope. He missed his court appearance on July 17th. The sketch release was just a coincidence. DN wasn't even on LE radar and he had been in Colorado from at least May 16th hiding from the law. If he had been in court that day he would have ended up back in prison. He knew that and that's why he left Indiana. And when you really get down to it, Indiana LE didn't care. They made absolutely no effort to locate him until after he was arrested in Colorado and were tipped off.

I mean. Just how hard would it have been for a detective to look at KN's FB post and see that she was making posts in Colorado? They either didn't care, we're lazy or sloppy. Either way it most likely cost someone their life.

What does that have to do with failure to report as a sex offender?

He didn't fail to report until ? Not sure about this information, if he was in court on May 29th, how could he be mia.

"According to the Morgan County Jail, Nations was incarcerated from February 24 – 28 of this year. That’s 10 days after Libby and Abby were murdered.

He appeared in court on March 6 and again on May 29.

Nations registered as a sex offender in Johnson County on April 10 with an address at the InTown Suites in Greenwood. He then went MIA."

https://www.fox4now.com/news/nation...-of-interest-in-indiana-murder-mystery?page=2

2/24 arrested in Morgan County
2/28 still in jail
3/6 appeared in court (may have been in jail until this point.)
3/29 appeared in court
4/10 registers as So at InTown Suites
4/25 arrested in Johnson County
4/25 bailed out by KN
4/30 KN gives birth
5/12 moves out of InTown Suites according to landlord
5/16 KN makes FB post from Denver
Missed reporting in May, June, July, August, September.

He did not make the May 29th court appearance. I believe KN missed a court appearance also.

scary as hell

MOO...way out there in the country..scares the crap out of me, the weirdness that can just appear out of the darkness.>..or in this case , 3 in the afternoon.

The park, though tricky to get to and access if you don't know about it or where you're going, isn't really that isolated. There are quite a few houses/properties around it. It's in a rural location, but not what most of us around there refer to as "country." Main road access isn't that far away.

It's all a matter of perspective, I reckon. I live 30 minutes from the closest business of any kind. You must drive at least a mile from my house before you see another house. We have more then 200 acres. No broadband internet access because the fibers haven't been laid this far out. No cell phone reception.

These days, crime is everywhere. You take your chances no matter where you go or live. Personally, the more rural I go, the further away from people I get, the safer I feel.

Has there been any news about the subpoena duces tecum that was filed (on behalf of the families I believe)? I was under the impression that it may have been filed in order to get cell phone records? I’m just hoping that evidence can be found by going that route as I am very unsure LE has much else to go on. Hence, LE asking for that one tip from someone.
MOO

Has there been any news about the subpoena duces tecum that was filed (on behalf of the families I believe)? I was under the impression that it may have been filed in order to get cell phone records? I&#8217;m just hoping that evidence can be found by going that route as I am very unsure LE has much else to go on. Hence, LE asking for that one tip from someone.
MOO

No news on that. I suspect it was done to get the photos etc off Liberty&#8217;s iPhone from Apple as the family may not have known her passcode. We aren&#8217;t permitted to discuss this further.

Mr Nations Back in Jail Clear Creek CO

Offender Name: NATIONS, DANIEL JAMES
Custody Status: In Custody

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics