IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #79

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The public do have a right to know if the investigation is close to charging someone or are nowhere near. Can the community relax a little?

Right? Can we have a picnic at the park? Can we walk our dog? Can we go jogging? Can our children live a normal childhood? Of course we always need to have caution, but knowing and I mean knowing there is a killer in our midst changes our reasonable comfort level. We have the right to know if LE is close to an arrest and therefore watching their unnamed suspect.

But the public does know. LE has stated when they have enough info to make an arrest, they will announce it. The retiring prosecutor said no arrests were forthcoming anytime soon. Seems pretty clear they are not "close" to charging anyone. It puzzles me that there are those who choose to ignore LE and demand they give updates when they already have.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yes that sure seems quite clear and concise to me, timeless as well.

While the perp is still at large, LE is just not going to provide progress updates because they'd be informing the perp as well. The investigators solving this case is more important than feeding the curiosity of the general public. The famiies support LE so I'm certain those connected with the investigation are not concerned about demands and concerns expressed by strangers on the internet.

Another person who is likely extremely anxious to learn where the investigation stands at the moment is BG himself.

I don’t understand how knowing whether there was a rape or sexual assault would increase the ability of the public to protect themselves?
That information would help them to know what kind of offender they're dealing with, which would help them decide how to deal him should he be encountered. For instance, if the girls were raped, then maybe he formed the intent to murder them immediately, in which case the next potential victim should try to flee at all costs. If they were not sexually assaulted, maybe he became enraged and killed them because they did not cooperate; if that's the case, maybe cooperation would be the best chance for the next victim to stay alive, etc.

"Headquarters for the investigation...is moving back to city hall.

That doesn't mean the investigation is scaling back or being shelved.."

Most times it's best not to read more into what is being said than what is simply stated.

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...stigation-hq-moves-back-city-hall/1013251001/

I understand this the police have a duty to use the resources they have effectively which the tax payers of Delphi are paying for. I’m sure there is no case they want solved more than this one. I just hope we hear from law enforcement again at the one year anniversary.

That information would help them to know what kind of offender they're dealing with, which would help them decide how to deal him should he be encountered. For instance, if the girls were raped, then maybe he formed the intent to murder them immediately, in which case the next potential victim should try to flee at all costs. If they were not sexually assaulted, maybe he became enraged and killed them because they did not cooperate; if that's the case, maybe cooperation would be the best chance for the next victim to stay alive, etc.

It’s a difficult situation. Law enforcement don’t want to jeopardise the investigation by revealing information only the killer would know. Plus you have the families to consider they probably don’t know the full horror of what happened and I don’t know if I could cope with the world knowing my daughter was murdered with x and raped for example. At trial you can step outside the courtroom but there is no escaping it if announced publicly by law enforcement.

Law enforcement could give general advice to be vigilant, avoid doing x,y and z and how to keep yourself safe or protect yourself if attacked. This information could be invaluable to children, teens and anyone who would benefit from it.

I disagree. The public has a vested interest in knowing the basic elements of the crime: cause of death, whether the girls were sexually assaulted, etc. People have a right to protect themselves and their families from BG, and they need information in order to do that. LE does not have a right to withhold as much information as they have in this case.

My Sunday morning rant... Good Morning All!!

I totally agree!! That one tip could come because the cause of death, or SA was released. Would releasing this impede the investigation? IMHO, no. If they truly have DNA and other evidence that is what will convict this monster, not the fact the LE released COD or SA.

I also don't agree with LE saying not to post pictures of "presumed innocent people". Most of all of the pictures that have been posted, the person has prior criminal charges. Does this make them guilty, no~~but it isn't like that are upstanding citizens of the community either. If they were, their mugshots wouldn't ALREADY be posted in the news and all over the internet! That bumps them up to a more likely suspect, IMHO anyway.

It is being done already anyway between friends. I came across a FB page in which one of the person's friends said, Hey you look like the guy wanted in Delphi, in a laughing joking kind of way. To me, that is the same as posting the person's picture out there on the internet~~no difference....Does it make LE's job harder, certainly. But this time of year, people sending in their taxes makes my job harder~~it's part of the job.

I'm also frustrated that Libby did everything in her ability to make sure that BG was brought to justice and LE chooses to be silent. Give the public some more information. There were witnesses. BG was seen by OTHERS. Instead of posting a black and white sketch, give some more details. They gave the detail that the witnesses believe the man did not have blue eyes, ok...but...what about his beard/goat tee?? Is it brown, red, gray, or a combination?? What is the harm in saying the witnesses BELIEVE BG has a red/gray beard/goat tee? Wouldn't that help someone more positively identify BG???? If Parabon was used, what is the harm in releasing a colored picture of BG? We've seen it with other wanted criminals? Why not BG?

I guess I'm just really frustrated that its coming up to the 1 year anniversary (1 month from yesterday/today) and BG has been able to go about his business as business as usual and he should be behind bars already.

I praise the families for making the efforts to get the sketch out to the public and nationally. He's out there somewhere! Someone knows this man!! He needs to be brought to justice for the sake of these girls and for the safety of the public.

Ok, done ranting for the morning.

Right? Can we have a picnic at the park? Can we walk our dog? Can we go jogging? Can our children live a normal childhood? Of course we always need to have caution, but knowing and I mean knowing there is a killer in our midst changes our reasonable comfort level. We have the right to know if LE is close to an arrest and therefore watching their unnamed suspect.

You cannot go anywhere outside without tying to take precautions.
Taking care of homeless and the unfortunate properly has a lot more to offer society than just being having a good moral character of being good Samaritans.
The current practice if shoving the people out who can't make it, ends up creating a indignent population and criminal culture along the rural fringes of suburbs and small towns.

I take it for what it is not for what they say it is.

What? You do not take LE at their word? Rhetorical question.

People want LE to be more forthcoming. When they make an announcement people find ways to disblieve what they are saying.

Maybe because this is a discussion forum on the case...and LE should be focusing on things like tracking down BG, instead of reading rants about whether or not we the public believe they should release more info...

Of course this is a discussion thread.

But letting LE know where the public stands on a matter is most definitely what they should be reading.

Change doesn't come about by venting on a forum that will do nothing to get your desired outcome.

Also fwiw, my original statement was in no way meant to be snarky but to give links to those who feel it might help.

IMO US 421 is key to the solution of this crime.
Somehow a person with violence capacity got onto that property and left the property. the Freedom Bridge looks like the least likely place for a criminal to be hanging out. The South access looks like a 'path.'
I think that rural America needs to CTV itself and its roads- that would help with over all safety.
All interstates have license monitoring and CTV so unless there was a snafu LE could have reviewed all vehicles coming and going over many days on I 25. US 421 would be an anonymous in and out and appeal to the type of person who is not pressured by time in the same way as people with demanding schedules and obligations are. Jobless, family-less, retired or tourist. BG doesn't look like a tourist, or retired. If he is homeless he is pretty squared and gets to the laundromat every couple of days.

What? You do not take LE at their word? Rhetorical question.

People want LE to be more forthcoming. When they make an announcement people find ways to disblieve what they are saying.
LE don't always say much - like "everyone we talk to is a POI" and "cannot include or exclude" and "every body we talk to we get a DNA swab from" and "must protect the integrity of the investigation". They haven't even clarified whether they have BG's DNA.

LE don't always say much - like "everyone we talk to is a POI" and "cannot include or exclude" and "every body we talk to we get a DNA swab from" and "must protect the integrity of the investigation". They haven't even clarified whether they have BG's DNA.

All that LE quiet would be and could be consistent with needing to investigate with the cooperation and assistance of the areas largest employer - an employer that has been under investigation itself for hiring people without establishing their identities as required. Bringing criminals and illegals to the area must be a sensitive local issue.

I&#8217;ve seen the Iowa case go the same exact way. They are so similar it is eery. I find it inexcusable that law enforcement hasn&#8217;t solved both. The fact they haven&#8217;t speaks volumes. The public will solve for them if they would lay cards on the table. <modsnip>

While we are in rant mode:

Why did it take so long for LE to admit they found L's phone "in the general area" and to confirm they crossed the Creek?

If their phones were being pinged that first day why didn't it help locate them?

If they are obtaining phone data how close to the CS is it going to pin point a location for any perps?

Why wasn't an Amber alert declared straightaway?

Why was the search called off that first night?

Why nationwide billboards if perp was local?

It&#8217;s a difficult situation. Law enforcement don&#8217;t want to jeopardise the investigation by revealing information only the killer would know. Plus you have the families to consider they probably don&#8217;t know the full horror of what happened and I don&#8217;t know if I could cope with the world knowing my daughter was murdered with x and raped for example. At trial you can step outside the courtroom but there is no escaping it if announced publicly by law enforcement.

Law enforcement could give general advice to be vigilant, avoid doing x,y and z and how to keep yourself safe or protect yourself if attacked. This information could be invaluable to children, teens and anyone who would benefit from it.

I agree, the fact that children were the victims is a good reason that no information surrounding their deaths has been released. Nobody wants pedophiles slobbering all over media reports about what occured to their beloved children. I'm certain the families hope for a best case scenario where the killer is caught and does the right thing and just pleads guilty.

On the topic of it's important for the public to know if a SA occured, in order to know if they are safe. I strongly disagree with that rational because after a crime has touched one personally in an area where they live, they never feel totally safe even after the perp is caught. If a SA did occur, BG is not the first and last of his kind who's out there, anywhere, capable of lurid and despicable deeds. Delphi ran a series of self-defence workshops after the murders, much like other towns and cities do everywhere. Awareness about various ways to reduce the risk of predator attack is the only way to increase personal safety.

IMO US 421 is key to the solution of this crime.
Somehow a person with violence capacity got onto that property and left the property. the Freedom Bridge looks like the least likely place for a criminal to be hanging out. The South access looks like a 'path.'
I think that rural America needs to CTV itself and its roads- that would help with over all safety.
All interstates have license monitoring and CTV so unless there was a snafu LE could have reviewed all vehicles coming and going over many days on I 25. US 421 would be an anonymous in and out and appeal to the type of person who is not pressured by time in the same way as people with demanding schedules and obligations are. Jobless, family-less, retired or tourist. BG doesn't look like a tourist, or retired. If he is homeless he is pretty squared and gets to the laundromat every couple of days.
It's amazing they can catch someone on camera driving to the dump but cannot catch BG arriving and departing the area. I don't get it I freely admit. It's like he was a ghost.

In the beginning, I was almost certain this killer was someone local. Now given the size of the task force, the photo, the sketch and audio clip, I find it difficult to believe he hasn't been arrested if he lives in Delphi or nearby area. I still believe the killer has some connection past or present to this town. He was possibly here for a few years in school. Had a relative on a nearby farm and visited the town in the summers. Something. Whatever it is I believe it is very likely they are no longer in the area.

I still find it baffling given the amount of publicity, the amount of information from LE and the volume of LE resources devoted to this that it appears to be no closer to being solved. That Dr. Phil show left me with a depressing feeling that LE is grasping for a direction to go in this investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RMN0406